PPL Hot Farm in Ohio? April 17, 2017 04:25AM
Over the weekend I heard a rumor that OSTPA was considering having the PPL Hot Farm class (510ci and 3x3.5" turbo) in the future. Any truth of that??

Re: PPL Hot Farm in Ohio? April 17, 2017 06:00AM
Just what we need another hot farm/profarm class
What it that noe 5 different one from central Ohio to western pa

Re: PPL Hot Farm in Ohio? April 17, 2017 09:52AM
After seeing that Indiana is expanding in associations that are offering the PPL Hot Farm class rules. Also central/western Ohio groups with rules that are not that much different than PPL Hot Farm l would have to guess there would be a lot of support for it. I am in the process of getting parts together to put my tractor back on the track and I intend on putting it together with Gordvilles hot farm rules as a guide. The main rule that I think would make this more attainable would be if there was a pump limit like light pro runs with of a P7100.

Re: PPL Hot Farm in Ohio? April 17, 2017 11:34AM
Oh another small block class excluding bbjd massy and a few others

Re: PPL Hot Farm in Ohio? April 17, 2017 12:47PM
Yes, because it's almost like we need more classes where you need to be 640+ to compete.

Every color has something that can reach 510 without too much effort.

Re: PPL Hot Farm in Ohio? April 17, 2017 01:21PM
Sounds like a nice hot farm class!

Re: PPL Hot Farm in Ohio? April 17, 2017 01:44PM
+1 on that statement! How many big profarm classes are out there? And they are ruled by bbjds. Don't get me wrong I do love watching them.

Re: PPL Hot Farm in Ohio? April 17, 2017 09:35PM
I'm not trying to be a butt or anything on here How does one reach 510 easily when example bbjd is 531 to begin with ? I thought the small
Block tractors want to stay small because its easier and cheaper for them . Maybe they are just only familiar with what they have I don't know
And that's fine small block seems to be the majority have a small block class or three or four I personally know 4 which is a small number guys
that would participate in a 600 plus cube class at 10500 and 12 500 is any one else interested I one set of rules for big tractor class and leave these
600 and under classes to them selves it's not hard just need interested and numbers and it does not have to start at 600 in.³ it could start at 5:10 and up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2017 09:47PM by 5020.

Re: PPL Hot Farm in Ohio? April 17, 2017 01:43PM
Indiana Pulling League has a V-8 Massey and has had bbjd in the past.

Re: PPL Hot Farm in Ohio? April 18, 2017 02:03AM
Here's a thought why not make it 540 you have Limited pro motors and you have classic superstock which is 531 in.³ that people maybe ready to build new ones
Limited it to a 3x3 turbo limit put a rule that is water injection or cooler one or the other

Re: PPL Hot Farm in Ohio? April 18, 2017 02:33AM
Why do we need another class? If your 540 go light pro. If you want a cooler go pro farm or ppl super farm. Next you will want 24.5's too. The current hot farm rules are fine. If you don't like them go to another class. Simple.

Re: PPL Hot Farm in Ohio? April 18, 2017 02:46AM
Here's a thought keep hotfarm a hot farm class maybe 640 cube limit 3000 RPM stock body injectors P pump or less 3 x 3 Box turbo and if you have a limited pro or super farm tractor with 20.8 tires put 24 fives on it and go to limited pro or Superfarm don't make hot farm for a limited pro Superfarm class with 20.8 tires

More Pulling Classes April 18, 2017 03:07AM
Because too many want to play in their own sandbox with their own rules and they don't play well with others. They are fine being a one person show and showing off to themself. Does that also sound like the current political party in this country, too. Pure selfishness. All this really helps to move to the 'next level', doesn't it?!

If pullers saw the success and professionalism of the IPL (Indiana Pulling League) Hot Farm tractors and class, they would adopt those rules as a national standard. Which really ought to be the next movement now that we have some standardized LLSS rules. Feature both of those classes at a pull, and you're off to a really good start of a worthwhile show.

OhioMoonshiner April 18, 2017 03:56AM
I have to wonder where you heard this rumor? Because a couple months ago I talked to the ostpa president and he suggested it would take a number of tractors showing up at pulls consistently to get the leaderships attention to even consider adding a new class.

Re: OhioMoonshiner April 18, 2017 10:49AM
First Off I was at an auction and several guys were talking about it.

Secondly..... leave the rules alone. Everyone want to put there fingers in the pot and then we twist the rules. Then you have a class thats different, that limits where you can pull and who can pull with you. One set of rules, spend the money to fit the class, not twist the rules to just for you. The PPL hot farm is a class with lost of color.

Re: OhioMoonshiner April 18, 2017 11:27AM
Just where was this auction located at in Ohio? If you do not mind also where are you located I thought I understood oh are maybe in southeast Ohio?

Re: OhioMoonshiner April 18, 2017 12:35PM
Northwest of Marysville..... I'm located In the Granville area

Re: OhioMoonshiner April 18, 2017 04:50PM
I am southeast of Canton myself. I hope to hear more of this kind of support for the PPL Hot Farm here in Ohio to continue.

Re: OhioMoonshiner April 18, 2017 10:38PM
We pull in a class around zanesville and Lancaster area. It's a 3000 rpm class. No cubic inch limit must run 20.8 uncut tires, Roll bar or roll cage, scatter blanket, and the other basic safety equipment. Have a lot of really strong tractors and not a lot complaining!

Re: OhioMoonshiner April 18, 2017 11:41PM
I don't know why a hot farm class needs to be more than 466. It's just dumb. Virtually every color is at or close to 466 in stock trim. Hot farm is supposed to be a entry level performance class. It just seems to me you want big cubes because you can't hang in the super farm or lim pro classes and want your own sandbox. 466 is big in other states and Ohio doesn't have anything under 531 so why make more classes that are the same. Nothing like making pulling more complicated to follow.

Re: OhioMoonshiner April 18, 2017 11:57PM
What is so complicated about 3000rpm 20.8 no cut tires and safety equipment? Last I checked the less rules you have the less complicated it is. Just my opinion! We are just a small group of about fifteen pullers from this area and that's how we like to run.

Re: OhioMoonshiner April 19, 2017 03:25AM
To Carrollton all the classe on ne side of the state are 531 and up to 600 and 640 in western pa are all the guys supposed to sell their
Massey bbjd case moline Oliver and go buy a small block tractor oh that would be dumb

Re: OhioMoonshiner April 19, 2017 04:34AM
Ok a couple things then I'm done I'm not going to argue just state my opinion. 1st off there are several classes that are barely any different from one to another already and with the sleds today they all run down the track at about the same speed. With that being said it does get confusing to people who aren't involved. Secondly to Mr 5020 I wouldn't expect anyone to sell their big cube tractor to build for a 466 class just run one of the classes already formed for big cubes. There are a ton of those in NE Ohio. Everyone seems to forget Hot farm is supposed to be a step up from farm stock to get those guys who everyone seems get on for lack of safety equipment to step up and run safely. And lastly open classes sound good in theory no rules = no complaints but just remember it's all fun and games till someone shows up with 800 + cid and frog stomps everyone and you know it will just look at how much people are willing to spend to win at an antique pull.

Re: OhioMoonshiner April 19, 2017 05:40AM
Carrollton I'm not pushing big cubes I agree with you on step up above farm stock . I am in favor of a affordable box turbo may it be 3 lm or 3x3 that's around 1500 or so compared to whatever turbo shop lates greates 7000$ turbo that could be used in superfarm and am in favor of stock body injectors and a p pump or less maybe even a p 3000 limit like division 5 Cubes don't mater if you limit the turbo and rpm to 3000 I believe bunker hill profarm is that class as far as cubes 540 works for almost all but I don't think Massey 640 will make much differance with turbo and rpm limit I could be wrong but I'm seeing most all north east pulls at fairs and so on being put on more and more buy pa pulling club with their rules which we are allowed to pull against with different rules in same class these tractors under pa rules are very expensive and very powerful and my personal opinion is they are in the wrong class but I have the option to chose I just don't want to conform to spending that much money if they eventually and maybe I'm wrong take over ne Ohio hot farm yes I would like to see a state wide hot farm that is do able for people wanting hot farm not a 20.8 limited pro or super farm hot farm class only time will tell

Re: OhioMoonshiner April 18, 2017 11:50PM
Don't you guy call that farm stock? Lol
Far from farm stock no limit on turbo or cubic inches

Re: OhioMoonshiner April 19, 2017 12:03AM
No we call it a 3000rpm tractor class!

Re: OhioMoonshiner April 19, 2017 12:09AM
Chris is right... the 3000 rpm class is a good class. They all seem to get along very well. I heard a new tractor coming out for that class. Suppose to be a huge BBJD.

Now there Hot Farm class....lol. You can run 4.1 in that class, an they do. Gotta love those rules..lol

Re: OhioMoonshiner April 19, 2017 05:01AM
The 8500 is a light pro/ limited pro class. The 10,500 is the hot farm that there are no rules

Re: OhioMoonshiner April 19, 2017 12:46AM
What is the weight class

Re: OhioMoonshiner April 19, 2017 01:02AM
Hot farm is 8500lbs and 10500lbs. The 3000rpm tractors run 12500lbs and 14500lbs.

Re: OhioMoonshiner April 19, 2017 01:17AM
The 4.1 8500 hot farm class are there any engine limits? I am guessing this is a class that is a step away from light pro stock? I know you guys run opened up rules down in your area

Re: OhioMoonshiner April 19, 2017 01:30AM
No cid limit. Just p-pump and oem heads.

Re: OhioMoonshiner April 19, 2017 03:05AM
Hey are any relation to Larry

Re: OhioMoonshiner April 19, 2017 03:34AM
I am guessing you are referring to me? Yes my second cousin is Larry Kline.

Re: OhioMoonshiner April 19, 2017 04:05AM
Ben do you have any interest in the bunker hill pro farm class ?

Re: OhioMoonshiner April 20, 2017 01:07AM
Simply no I am not interested in running in any local classes with my tractor. I would rather build a PPL Hot Farm, Battle of The Bluegrass Pro Farm, or anything in the direction of the rules of Gordyville Hot Farm and just hook brush pulls and at any OSTPA or whoever's association in the area events in whatever class that needs filled. Than run with any local groups offerings.

Re: OhioMoonshiner April 19, 2017 10:20AM
Chris is this the glenford classes
id like to run a 2805 if there was some consistent pulls to go to
What is the schedule this year thanks

Re: OhioMoonshiner April 19, 2017 01:57PM
15 yra ago there were570 ih in the stock classes,and the area had a good p pump 3lm class too,both died from no rule enforcement

Re: OhioMoonshiner April 19, 2017 04:39PM
Everywhere I go is 3000 RPMs and 20.8 rules and everyone is friends. We have a great time and the tractors put on a good show.

to Moneypit April 23, 2017 05:53AM
Preach it Dick. I totally agree. Go back up near top of this thread and re-read my original post.

"Moneypit", if we could get Hot Farm rules standardized across the country, would that help your cause to stay with a tractor-tractor rather than making the switch to a Mod?

There sure are a lot of "Hot Farm" tractors across the country. Lots of engine rules variations, too. Part of reason they need to be standardized.

Don't understand why many want to give credit to PPL for their Hot Farm rules when all they did was as they always do, steal and buy their way into pulling at somebody else's initial expense. What class has PPL actually ever created?

The success of the IPL Hot Farms goes back 20 some years and about 3 name changes in that club over the years. That is what PPL picked up for their rules and use those IPL tractors as much as they can for their series. Now the NTPA member state, Indiana - HSTPA - is going to use the same tractors for their 'new' class in 2017.
And IPL already has a really good schedule for the Hot Farms. Those tractors have the potential to be very busy this season. Always a fan favorite, too. Always a great looking class.

Re: OhioMoonshiner April 19, 2017 10:26PM
Yes it is the Glenford club. I don't really have a schedule on hand but I'll look it up today and let you know.

Re: OhioMoonshiner April 20, 2017 01:39PM
I think a 466 cube p pump with 3~3 turbo be good class for Ohio there's alot strong brush tractor out there pulling​ in that class now it's not cheap build if do it right but there's alot of us out there having fun every weekend

Re: OhioMoonshiner April 22, 2017 01:55AM
What part of Ohio are you located? Do you pull up near Greenwich?

Re: OhioMoonshiner April 22, 2017 01:42PM
I am just south Lima yes I pull at Greenwich I won 8500 open last year

Re: OhioMoonshiner April 23, 2017 01:28AM
I think there are too many diesel classes out there. I wanted to build a diesel tractor but I can not build one to pull wherever I want in the United States becouse the rules are different everywhere unless you go Pro Stock but that don't fit my budget. there are so many different rules across the United States you have to build a tractor to run in one club. I'd like to build a Tractor that I could run across the United States with any club and have fun I think all the clubs should stick to a couple diesel classes and make the rules Unified. I'm going modified the rules are pretty generic across the United States I could take my tractor and pull up in Maine or California or Ohio Illinois's Indiana wherever you want you cannot do that with a diesel unless it's a Pro Stock. I guess I do things differently tractor pulling for me is about the fun the fellowship meeting new people with competition and bragging rights. Thank God I'm leaving a class I'm in now where I'm trapped I can only pull it with the club The Head of the Class dictates the rules which mainly benefit him and are always looking to disqualify me if I win there's no fun in that

Re: OhioMoonshiner April 23, 2017 02:57AM
Unfortunately even in PS the rules are not uniform. Right or wrong the Outlaws have a different set of rules than NTPA or PPL in their PS class. I am in agreement that there are way to many rules that are ALMOST the same, yet there is just enough differences that restrict the pullers from going to different organizations and being able to hook with them. It's really about clubs keeping the money and the points within their own organizations, a rather short sided and self serving view of what's the overall good for the sport.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2017 03:01AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: OhioMoonshiner April 23, 2017 05:39AM
ne oh needs a class of,375 cubes,cast heads,5500 lbs,3im box charger,any fuel,no decubing,no cummins,no 400 series deere,4 cyl and flatheads get 250 lbs,18.4 38 tires,standard general rules

Re: OhioMoonshiner April 23, 2017 06:18AM
One of the reasons I asked the question about what I heard is cause the PPL Hot Farm class rules are used in Indiana, Kentucky. One set of rules that would have lots of color. The problem I have seen over the years, someone takes the rules and twist then just a little to prevent someone to pull with them. An someone twist the rules again.... now everyone's numbers drop and now those pullers are stuck. To be honest.... a good set of rules(PPL Hot Farm) and some good purse money....you would have 20 tractors every pull. I agree with MoneyPit.

I have pulled at Greenwich a couple years ago, 8500 open and Superfarm. Was a good pull. The only problem I had, I was told to be there by 1pm to pull 8500 open classs, didn't hook until 8:30pm.

Patches... you want a small cube class. You have the limited light super class that's trying to take hold up in Northeast Ohio.

To Moneypit and OhioMoonshiner April 23, 2017 08:40AM
I posted this a couple hours ago to be the first responce after Dick Morgan, but for some reason, it got out of posting sequence. "Ohio Moonshiner", pay attention to my last 2 paragraphs.

Preach it Dick. I totally agree. Go back up near top of this thread and re-read my original post.

"Moneypit", if we could get Hot Farm rules standardized across the country, would that help your cause to stay with a tractor-tractor rather than making the switch to a Mod?

There sure are a lot of "Hot Farm" tractors across the country. Lots of engine rules variations, too. Part of reason they need to be standardized.

Don't understand why many want to give credit to PPL for their Hot Farm rules when all they did was as they always do, steal and buy their way into pulling at somebody else's initial expense. What class has PPL actually ever created?

The success of the IPL Hot Farms goes back 20 some years and about 3 name changes in that club over the years. That is what PPL picked up for their rules and use those IPL tractors as much as they can for their series. Now the NTPA member state, Indiana - HSTPA - is going to use the same tractors for their 'new' class in 2017.
And IPL already has a really good schedule for the Hot Farms. Those tractors have the potential to be very busy this season. Always a fan favorite, too. Always a great looking class.

Re: To Moneypit and OhioMoonshiner April 23, 2017 02:22PM
I just got the schedule for the 510 hot farms in Indiana. It has over 55 hooks this year with 4 different clubs running the same rules.

Re: To Moneypit and OhioMoonshiner April 23, 2017 11:51PM
Something needs to be done across Ohio and western pa! Rick's full pulls hot farm ain't close to any of hot farm rules.
In Ohio you have two programs that ain't even close also. It would be nice to have 25 hook to got to with the same rules.

Re: To Moneypit and OhioMoonshiner April 24, 2017 12:05AM
First.... I know Indiana has a very strong Hot Farm classs, I mentioned it in an earlier post. The reason I said PPL, they are a national organization, that has sponsors and carry a little more weight. Didn't mean to upset you when I said PPL, but I don't see Indiana helping Ohio any. Plus PPL is the sanctioning body in Ohio. Hell im glad you have 55 hooks, hopefully other states and promoters see the need and push for it. The hot farm classes in Ohio are from extreme to the other....

OhioMoonshiner and 966 April 25, 2017 12:55AM
When I mentioned earlier that I spoke to the OSTPA president about adding PPL Hot Farm. He said if I understood him correctly that he was suggesting to the board that he felt they needed a smaller tractor class than the Light/Limited Pro Stock. If I understood him correctly he told the board that he felt Classic Super Stock would be a good fit. But so far it has went no where. That is when he suggested joining the ostpa and just hooking to show the board that there is support to add another class that is how the prostock class got added as I understand.

I like to hear that there is a Wisconsin type class of 466 3x3 turbo running in northwest/ central Ohio. Lima area is a little far for me to run with my schedule but I definitely could get up to Greenwich.

Thanks for responding

Re: To Moneypit and OhioMoonshiner April 24, 2017 09:18AM
That's great lots of pulls. live in Northern Virginia there are no clubs around here 510 cubes limit. I pull in Pennsylvania West Virginia Maryland North Carolina Virginia not opposed to running out for hours to Ohio either basically anything within a four hour drive there's no way to get 55 pulls with one class. Maybe I should move to Indiana I can build a diesel and have plenty of pulls I just won't be able to pull it anywhere outside of Indiana. We like to go on vacation and take the tractor with us and go pulling. After reading several different rules with the several different clubs unfortunately the mod class is the only one with standardized rules across the United States some clubs only allow one motor that is okay just fire off one motor. That is what I decided to build for the mod class I can pull it anywhere and I'm not stuck to just one group or one Club . I was just merely stating my opinion thinking that if there was uniformity it would be a benefit to the sport of pulling infor for the people involved in the sport. Maybe one day you can bring your hot farm and pulled over here in Virginia with a 640 cubic inch hot farms, or the 540 cubic inch profarm and let me know how you fare.

Re: To Moneypit April 24, 2017 01:05PM
Be careful the interstate Profarm class is a great class over in your area, they get at least 40 hooks a year. Plus I believe dragon runs the same rules also. As far as them running with the hot farms in Ohio.... depend what part of Ohio.... they would be in trouble.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,565, Posts: 229,582, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,056, Posts: 225,843.

Our newest member BadHabit2