HEADWORK April 22, 2017 01:15PM
If any ones looking for someone to do some head work ive been porting and polishing several heads KY,tenn and.Illinois and Ohio just in the past couple of months every one seems to be happy so far Ones been to the dino and ones been flowed with good numbers and I'm doing another for a spare.The price will depend on the class because the hotter the class the more work that needs to be done .I can have the head flowed if the numbers are needed and the head completed by one of the best if needed 270 566 2901

Re: HEADWORK April 23, 2017 04:58AM
Not to be a Smartass BUT it is a must to have the head flowed to start with so you know what you are up against then again as you go to be sure you are going the right direction THEN again to be sure they are all balanced Otherwise all you are doing is blindly grinding around on heads and as it turns out IH heads flow well with good port velocity to start with and if you go in and grind the wrong places it actually slows the air down thus going backwards with your attempted gain. Not saying you can't do this work ....... just saying do it right so your customers aren't mad and that kills future customers

Re: HEADWORK April 23, 2017 05:51AM
Air Guy. Will you please post your #.
Since you seem to be a Professional in this matter.
Maybe you can help with some of the unlimited pro
Stock tractors. Including mine.

Re: HEADWORK April 23, 2017 06:26AM
Some "real" air guys could help you with your unlimited. Call Harry's Heads Sioux City Is 1(712)277-2911

Re: HEADWORK April 23, 2017 07:26AM
Can you get 380 cfm out of a 400 series IH truck head?

Re: HEADWORK April 23, 2017 12:24PM
your nearby neighbor, Mr. 'Performance' Salenbien can't help you achieve that Treadstone? What association do you pull? I do not recognize your town lining up with anyone on the NTPA region 2 circuit.

Re: HEADWORK April 23, 2017 01:20PM
Air guy why would it be a must to flow the head first befor you start the reason you have the head is to make it better if you don't no what your doing you should just stay away from it to start with .I don't and don't want to do this for a living but I have done several over the past 25 years mainly for friends If you want a real professional call Halls head services 606 219 1986 he does the heads on some of the NATIONAL CHAMPIONS Hes a good guy if you want to pay to have it flowed befor he stats I'm sure he would be glad to even though he has done enough of them and already knows and treadstone give him a call he can answer that 380 question I don't have a flow bench but if I do your head he will flow it for me as many times as you want to pay for and I will promise it can be flowed 10 times and wont run any better

Re: HEADWORK April 24, 2017 09:38AM
Wow!!! No flow bench so all you are doing is guessing? So if you have never flowed a stock head you have no idea what it does factory? So then when you go grinding around on it you don't even know if you made it better right? And then you get argumentative about "well you can have another guy flow it as many times as you wanna pay for?" Wow ...... you are right!!! Don't do it for a living!! If you don't understand air flow, port velocity and swirl and their relationship with each other plus the class , turbo size and camshaft among other things to take into account you are right. Leave it to the guys that do

Re: HEADWORK April 24, 2017 12:24AM
If your going to get a head ported make sure the guy doing it can flow bench it. Period. We have reworked about 4 heads this year that were messed up from so called head porting guys. Zero flow bench numbers, and zero results. Sometimes you get lucky, but most of the time you don't. Also as a camshaft manufacturer, it will make my job much easier to give you a proper grind if I have flow bench numbers.

Re: HEADWORK April 24, 2017 10:55AM
Well I can done se theres plenty of no it all smart asses out there I have also reworked a couple heads that was done buy some big name shops with the flow benches and I guese I just got lucky doing the heads on several top running tractors around the country Ive DONE 3 heads that the customer I done the work for had flowed WHEN they got them back from me one in Ohio .one in St louis and one in KY they all checked out with good numbers they called me back well pleased, And for only 500 bucks I love beating these high dollar attitudes that think Joe blow cant stick his figure in his ass without a GPS to tell him how to ge it there

Re: HEADWORK April 24, 2017 12:21PM
NO Limit MFG Ive never bad mouthed you and I have talked to you about camshafts befor hopefully you will get enough of Vogels cams copied so you can supply a better grind

Re: HEADWORK April 24, 2017 01:24PM
Ouch, someone hit a nerve. Didn't see anyones name mentioned in No Limits post. Must be sensitive or the wrong time of the month.

Re: HEADWORK April 24, 2017 01:54PM
Well it was my post my name is Lewis so he didn't have to mention no name and it did hit a nerve,. and its not that time of the month. Ive just not had my Meds yet I just placed a friendly add offering my services and just showed I could be just as big of a jerk as anybody else

Re: HEADWORK April 25, 2017 12:29AM
I didn't mention your name, because this was directed to people trying to get head work done. I voiced what we have seen, and I can tell you that we have seen a lot of bad work come through, and I have to deal with customers that have head work done with zero flow numbers, and try to give them the best cam I can for their setup. I get a lot of calls that come in that their cam isn't working (usually from another cam manufacturer). Yet the grind they have is just fine. They had their head ported, but yet it has never been flowed. Guess what the head was defunct and that is their problem. Sometimes it is a turbo, or fuel, but that is what happens. Even if the head is a good working piece flow bench numbers have a great impact on cam lobe design, in combination with the turbo. As far as coping Vogels cams that isn't going to happen, unless you need it repaired, and you should probably send it there if you want that done. Most our customers come to us because we are doing something different, or want to try something different. We have plenty of dyno numbers, and championship tractors, and trucks through out the country to prove that we have good grinds. Do we hit home runs every time? No. Mostly because we are lacking information such as flow numbers. Sometimes we are trying something different, or what works in a certain region doesn't work quite as good in another. As far as Mr. Lewis is concerned his pricing is fantastic, it sounds like he has some access to a flow bench so maybe he could add 150 - 200 dollars to have them flowed after he is done. Still going to be cheaper than most of the big shops. Lewis you are right once you have flowed a head once or twice you probably don't need to flow the head to get started, but I feel it is important to flow it in the middle and at the end to make sure it is correct. Your customer then knows what he has gotten, and it makes my job easier. And if you have an issue with me, and my company, or workmanship of our products, feel free to call me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2017 12:32AM by No Limit MFG.

Re: HEADWORK April 29, 2017 02:31PM
What a bunch of back stabbers. Guy simply posted he could do some
Reasonable head work.

Re: HEADWORK April 29, 2017 04:31PM
Prostock.
What a bunch of back stabbers. Guy simply posted he could do some
Reasonable head work.

Prostock, I'll agree with your statement.

Re: HEADWORK April 30, 2017 05:12AM
I had done a llss alky JD head for a guy a couple months ago who spent a lot of dyno time called yesterday wanting me to do another for a spare

Re: HEADWORK April 30, 2017 07:20AM
What model John Deere head Lewis ?

Re: HEADWORK April 30, 2017 12:52PM
It was a gas model I don't no the casting number there suppose to be 3 different gas heads that fits the JD and this was suppose to be the best one it turned out nice call me sometimes

Re: HEADWORK April 30, 2017 01:16PM
The gas head was one of the easiest ones ive done straight runners and no swirl to deal with .I just finished a 531a JD head that I'm sending home tomorrow

Re: HEADWORK April 30, 2017 02:25PM
404 or another motor?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,578, Posts: 229,609, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,859.

Our newest member BadHabit2