Pro Puller 18.4 38 Tire Specs April 24, 2017 09:36AM
Pro Puller Tires will begin to make the 18.4 38 double cut pulling tire in the near future and we would like to get some opinions on specs for the tire. We want to make sure we build the tire to full spec so they can be used in any association allowing cut tires. Let us know what your association allows!

What circumference would be optimal for the tires? We have been thinking around 217", depending on rules.

What tire width? We have been thinking 19" wide for full footprint to each edge.

Should the tire be radial or bias? We are leaning toward a radial tire as of now.

What ply rating should they come in? We have heard 10 ply would be good.

What bar height is ideal for pulling? Is 1/2" enough?

These are just a few questions we want to gain more insight on, but feel free to ask any other questions or give us your 2 cents!

If you have any questions you would like to address with us personally, give us a call at 402-840-0244, or email us at aaron@propullertires.com. We look forward to hearing from you!

Aaron Docter
ProPullerTires.com

Re: Pro Puller 18.4 38 Tire Specs April 24, 2017 10:51PM
210 to 212 circumference
19 wide sounds good
radial definitely!!
8ply
5/8 bar

Tire Drawings April 26, 2017 04:23AM
Jim,
Thank you for your input!

I have attached a preliminary drawing to this post to show the profile of the tire, which will be very similar to the 20.8R38 tire we have developed.

We will continue to offer financing options for this tire, like we do on all the other tires we sell. For a low monthly fee, you can finance these tires through a third party company, cutting down on the upfront cost of the tires! For more information contact me at 402-840-0244.

Aaron Docter
ProPullerTires.com

Re: Tire Drawings April 26, 2017 05:31AM
The antique guys aren't gonna swing towards a radial tire because of the weight. Also needs about a 3/4 bar height as it's easier to cut it off than it is to add it on. Lol

Re: Tire Drawings April 26, 2017 07:35AM
Cody,

Thank you for the response.

Our goal is to make a utility tire for all (which may not be possible). The weight is a huge part of that, and we'll make sure to keep an eye on it.

Maybe a 210-212" tire in an 8 ply would lighten it up and keep it more consistent with sizing of tires already in existence.

We don't want to force pullers to make huge changes in gearing, drawbar, etc. The primary advantage will come in the form of footprint from the bars extending to the edge of the tire.

Aaron Docter
402-840-0244
ProPullerTires.com

Re: Tire Drawings April 26, 2017 08:24AM
That 212"+- and 19" sounds good to me.
I would rather have an 8-ply for weight reasons...

I'll have to look at my current Firestones but I think but 5/8 bar is what I'm thinking.

I've already told you I would be all in for trying the 18.4s on our Massey!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,579, Posts: 229,610, Members: 3,320.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,859.

Our newest member Fechtner Racing