New ky light class June 07, 2017 03:47PM
A year or two ago when the light hot farm class was being started there was several wanting a smaller cube lighter class that even a 4cyl could compete in like maybe a 5500 pound 300 cube classis anybody interested 'I believe a class with utility type tractors like a 175 mf or 2030 jds 5000 fords with like a 18.4 30 or 34 tire limit would make a neat class would they be any interest

Re: New ky light class June 08, 2017 01:56AM
That sounds like a really neat class. We have been working on a Compact Super Stock class in Iowa/Missouri. There is a couple of association that has agreed to make a class, if we come up with a few tractors. We gathering parts for 3 or 4 right now. It should be a fairly inexpensive class to build and run. Here is the rules we are using.

Re: New ky light class June 08, 2017 05:12AM
Sounds like a different class,the other guy wants to take the loader off the Leland and go pulling.

Re: New ky light class June 08, 2017 06:41AM
Call me crazy, but the KY class Sounds similar to the proposed outlaw llss class with little tires and the Iowa/Missouri class sounds extremely expensive when you factor in the component chassis, with the overhead cam billet aluminum cylinder head on the 3.9 cummins or even the destroked 5.9.

Re: New ky light class June 08, 2017 07:17AM
The component chassis is much cheaper than a cast rear end, on this size tractor. We are going to use a truck transmission and Rockwell rear end, both relatively inexpensive, with lots of ratio options. And you are correct that an overhead cam billet aluminum cylinder head on the 3.9 cummins or even the destroked 5.9 would be expensive and someone is more than welcome to build that. But with a limited turbo size, that engine is only going to build as much horsepower as the turbo can support. That will allow someone with a tighter budget still be competitive.

Re: New ky light class June 08, 2017 11:26AM
I was talking more of an average puller friendly class the llss stock class is starting to dwindle since the 70 to 100 thousand dollar tractors are stating to show up the numbers are going down the light hot farm class has has just started but its looking like an all red class and not many would want to invest in a starter class that cost 6000 dollars for the fuel system theres some neat classes over seas running utility type tractors I sold my tractor and im ready to try something different a 430 case on alcohol fuel njected with a 3lm turbo in about a 4500 pound class would be interesting or a 801 ford

Re: New ky light class June 08, 2017 03:26PM
The LT hot farm class in Kentucky may appear to be all Red at the moment, but that's changing. There will be a Ford running this weekend with Ktpa in Central City. There is an Allis, Oliver, Massey, and JD are on the way.

Re: New ky light class June 08, 2017 11:30PM
An allis ran with with us last weekend and is planning to run again this weekend

Re: New ky light class June 09, 2017 03:35AM
There will also be a moline small cubic engine showing up shortly. So time will tell if smaller cubic engine can compete.

Re: New ky light class June 09, 2017 03:45AM
Don't need another class. Lewis, where did your tractor go?

Re: New ky light class June 09, 2017 06:44AM
You are correct that we do not need more classes, but we need to figure out how to get pulling back to being affordable. The more resonable it is to compete the more competitors it will have.

Re: New ky light class June 09, 2017 05:11PM
The tractor is going to become a yankee I just got home from a pull and made a strong 4th place pull 6000rpms all the way down the track and it makes the. 4th hook on a totally new engine set up I'm going to do a little more tuning in the morning and try it again to have it tuned when its picked up my next project is a 8006 deutz on alcohol just for something a little diferent

Re: New ky light class June 09, 2017 06:20PM
If you are looking for a 8006 tractor to start with last I knew George Coryn in NY has one he was looking to get rid of set up for llss.

Re: New ky light class June 10, 2017 04:32AM
I have a tractor but his may save me a lot of work if the price is write my number is 270 566 2901 he can call or I would like to have his number thanks I'm caught up on porting heads if anyone wanted one done I would also help with building a tractor complete or partial just give me a call

Re: New ky light class June 10, 2017 08:17PM
Its been a long night 2,30 in the morning and a second places just a little more tweaking I would like to have George Corens number if its something I could use I might be able to get it hauled if its close to the same place this tractors going thanks

Re: New ky light class June 11, 2017 12:08AM
Best information I have is that George sold tractor to man in Pennsylvania.

Coryn Farm Supplies,Canandaigua NY 585-394-4691

Re: New ky light class June 11, 2017 03:08AM
Thanks I will give thm a call

Re: New ky light class June 11, 2017 12:14PM
all I seen was red at central city last night in the 6000 lite hot farm. and it was a non impressive show for that class. ive seen farmstock tractors run 16mph and put on ALOT better show than those 5 tractors I seen last nite. I have no clue how this class got booked as much as it did with ktpa. just my 2 cents.

Re: New ky light class June 11, 2017 04:08PM
Hey "was there". I was there too last night in central city. A couple of the tractors in the class did have some issues. Issues do come with any pulling class. All the tractors ran 23-24 mph down the track. That was probably one of the tightest tracks the class had ran on before. We will all try a little harder to do better for you next time. Just my 2 cents.

Re: New ky light class June 12, 2017 11:49AM
Was the sled even in gear or no weights in the box

Re: New ky light class June 14, 2017 02:44AM
Be careful "was there" your not allowed to be critical of the new greatest class in the country, or your comments will be deleted.

Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,571, Posts: 229,597, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,057, Posts: 225,853.

Our newest member BadHabit2