NTPA Lt. Pro Head Rule June 28, 2017 03:15AM
Why are hypermax and himes head legal in this class? Rule states OEM heads. Why check tires and not heads?

Re: NTPA Lt. Pro Head Rule June 28, 2017 06:54AM
For starters, selective enforcement of the rules has always been an issue in pulling. Typically, the NTPA does the best job of being consistent. Some rules are hard-n-fast, and other rules are subject to some interpretation. OEM head rules are often regulated very liberally (or the rules specifically state no re-cast heads or have specific limits on the size of the head).

Truth be told, I think the NTPA would prefer Light Pro allow any style head, so they don't have to deal with policing them (and they know this class produces high HP, pressures, etc. where pure stock OEM heads will have durability issues). However, they know most of the pullers in the Light Pro class don't want billet heads (which, I believe is only the case b/c they are allowed to run after-market "OEM style" cast heads).

In a pro stock class, I think liberal head rules are good b/c it narrows the performance gap between the OEM heads and improves reliability. I would like to see 4-valve heads and over-head cams be allowed in the Light Pro class, ONLY IF the head - block comes from the OEM factory that way.

Re: NTPA Lt. Pro Head Rule June 28, 2017 12:33PM
Might want to reread the rule, it say's nothing about an OEM head, instead it's an OEM-TYPE, the important part of the sentence is the hyphen (-).
I didn't write the rule, just informing you of it's intent. Basically any head, other than a steel or aluminum, is legal and has been so since the class
inception.

Re: NTPA Lt. Pro Head Rule June 29, 2017 01:40AM
Rule states ag. type. You cannot buy a recast head at a dealership.

better go back to reading class June 29, 2017 03:56AM
NTPA rule book says OEM-Type
Brent Payne
Himes
Lemke
Hypermax

They all have recast heads in the light Pro class now

Re: better go back to reading class June 29, 2017 05:26AM
They really should have rules stated differently because some folks cant figure things out without jumping to conclusions and throwing a fit. To some OEM-Type means it has to be available thru your local deere or cih dealer OR to some it means it just needs to LOOK LIKE an OEM -Type head. If u can run a re cast head then they need to make it very clear in the rules that u can such as "aftermarket recast cylinder heads allowed." No Billet aluminum or billet steel heads allowed.

i agree but...... June 29, 2017 05:34AM
If you are going to allow recast, which is essentially the same as billet, why not allow billet and lift the pump rule? I would also look for components to be allowed in this class sooner rather than later. Just sayin if you want to make this class really interesting. Knock the weight back to 8000, allow Sigma but not the billet sigma and open up the head rule.

Re: i agree but...... June 29, 2017 10:19AM
rules are fine as they are.

Superfarm could use a 3.6 turbo......or drop the weight to 8200.
Kind of a slow, quiet, pass down the track.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,576, Posts: 229,605, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,857.

Our newest member BadHabit2