Orange Crush Allis 180 LSS June 28, 2017 07:21AM
What ever happened to the Orange Crush 180? I know Setter's had it and it went to a young man in MO, But where did it go from there? I remember that tractor in Tomah and some ATPA events. Just wondering it's whereabouts.

Re: Orange Crush Allis 180 LSS June 29, 2017 01:01AM
There is a 180 AC called Orange Crush that pulls LLSS with the ECIPA. Richard Emig owns it from Marion, IA.

---

Re: Orange Crush Allis 180 LSS June 29, 2017 02:41AM
larry from mid mo tractor pullers bought it

Re: Orange Crush Allis 180 LSS June 29, 2017 02:49PM
Hi Dave I would like to get some contact info for Tom Morphet. We are doing similar projects and might be able to share some experiences. If you have any pictures Dave that would be great.

Re: Orange Crush Allis 180 LSS June 29, 2017 05:52AM
This is the original Orange Crush owned by Rich Garb. We bought it around 2004. We ran it a couple years and sold it to John Dohrman's boys Keith and Tyler. They named it Livin Orange. We built another and called it Orange Crush Series 3. It was our first 3 charger tractor. Dohrmans sold the original tractor to someone in Indiana I believe. Don't think it ever got put back together. Orange Crush Series 3 we sold to Scott Spiegelberg and they named it Whiskey Throttle. Our last tractor, Smokin Assets sat 2 years after a violent block splitting explosion and was sold this last winter to Larry Kemna from Jeff City Mo.

Re: Orange Crush Allis 180 LSS June 29, 2017 09:21AM
Perhaps this is the same tractor geneology.

The "Indiana" man, Tom Morphet [former JD PS puller], has taken about seven years to rebuild the 180. It just debuted on June 10 at Idaville and I saw it in its second appearance this past Saturday at Rochester (all in Indiana). It is currently a twin charger 340 cube diesel.

Ken McKillop, a long time 180 puller, who is rebuilding into a LLSS, after a disastrous 3 charger alky motor explosive late last season, gave me this history of Morphet's 180. It was owned back in '70's/'80's by Mike Cavanaugh in WI, who was a threat when he pulled on Grand National. He is not listed in www.pulling-reference.com which I found surprising.

"Orange Crush Pulling", would this history line up with what you know of your previous tractor?

Do Spiegelberg's still have "Whiskey Throttle"? That sounds like a 180 LLSS on the MTTP (Michigan) circuit that arrived, I think, about 2 years ago.

Re: Orange Crush Allis 180 LSS June 29, 2017 11:19PM
Spiegelberg's "Whiskey Throttle" was sold to a guy in Michigan 2 or 3 years ago.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,614, Posts: 229,670, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,064, Posts: 225,890.

Our newest member JD_8520