Boersons pulling tractors August 31, 2017 12:17AM
Are the Boerson pro stocks for sale?

Re: Boersons pulling tractors August 31, 2017 02:34AM
My guess is they are tucked away somewhere safe. But I'll bet they could be bought.

Re: Boersons pulling tractors August 31, 2017 02:44AM
it sure dont look good

[woodtv.com]

Re: Boersons pulling tractors August 31, 2017 03:53AM
Ross Boerson pulled both Greenline Express & Greenline Express 2 at the Scheid Diesel Extravaganza this past weekend. Results are courtesy of www.powerandnoisephoto.com

Friday results:
PRO STOCK TRACTORS
1. TS PERFORMANCE YOUNG BUCK BRAD MOSS (4) 341.500
2. GREENLINE EXPRESS ROSS BOERSEN (11) 338.760
3. NASTY STUFF NICK MCCORMICK (7) 336.000
4. BEYOND LIMITS DUSTIN HART (5) 332.780
5. BARELY GETTIN BY JACK WISCHMEIER (10) 332.390
6. WORK HORSE PRO ROB RUSSELL (12) 330.070
7. WHISKEY WILD STEVE WISCHMEIER (9) 328.260
8. RIVER RAT KEVIN MASTERSON (15) 327.870
9. THE EDGE OF SUNDOWN ALLEN LEGRAND (2) 327.830
10. ROLLIN STONE TIM STONE (8) 326.470
11. GREENLINE EXPRESS 2 ROSS BOERSEN (13) 324.980
12. TINKER TOY DON MASTERSON (6) 320.420
13. BOYD & CO GREEN STREAK ANDREW BOYD (1) 318.330
14. GREEN WITH ENVY DENNIE BROWN (17) 312.500
15. GREEN STREAK X MIKE BOYD (3) 303.500
16. BILLET BINDER JACKSON MAIZE (16) 268.330
17. BUCK EATER 2 AUSTIN BOYD (14) 1.940

Saturday results:
PRO STOCK TRACTORS
1. GREEN STREAK X MIKE BOYD (6) 323.770
2. BOYD & CO GREEN STREAK ANDREW BOYD (11) 321.550
3. BEYOND LIMITS DUSTIN HART (1) 320.270
4. EL NINO PHILLIP PARISH (4) 317.860
5. EDGE OF SUNDOWN ALLEN LEGRAND (9) 316.010
6. ROLLIN STONE TIM STONE (12) 315.980
7. BARELY GETTIN BY JACK WISCHMEIER (10) 314.360
8. GREEN WITH ENVY DENNIE BROWN (5) 312.040
9. TS PERFORMANCE YOUNG BUCK BRAD MOSS (17) 311.040
10. GREENLINE EXPRESS ROSS BOERSEN (16) 308.370
11. WORK HORSE KEVIN MASTERSON (14) 306.660
12. FULL METAL JACKET JOEL KINGEN (2) 305.330
13. GREENLINE EXPRESS 2 ROSS BOERSEN (8) 302.930
14. WHISKEY WILD STEVE WISCHMEIER (15) 302.820
15. RIVER RAT DENNIS MILLER (7) 292.950
16. BILLET BINDER JACKSON MAIZE (3) 290.270
17. NASTY STUFF NICK MCCORMICK (13) 287.260
18. BUCK EATER 2 MICKEY SHORTER (18) (Broke)
19. TINKERTOY DON MASTERSON (19) (Broke)

Re: Boersons pulling tractors August 31, 2017 04:22AM
Now I understand that nobody is perfect but wouldn't you feel a little bit ashamed when are getting sued for 150 million because you didn't pay back the bank and then to show up at at a tractor pull with 2 pro stocks I think any normal person would of sold the toys a long time ago

Re: Boersons pulling tractors August 31, 2017 04:36AM
The following is a matter of public record. Took less than a minute to find online. Notice the order was just signed yesterday 8/30.-----

TFG-Michigan v. Boersen Farms Grain et al
Utah District Court
Judge: Ted Stewart
Referred: Evelyn J Furse
Case #: 2:17-cv-00231
Nature of Suit 190 Contract - Other Contract
Cause 28:1332 Diversity-Breach of Contract
Case Filed: Mar 27, 2017
Docket
Parties (12)
Docket last updated: 10 hours ago
Wednesday, August 30, 2017
101 order Order on Motion to Show Cause Order on Motion for Sanctions Wed 12:06 PM
ORDER granting Plaintiff's 97 Motion for Order to Show Cause. Defendants are ordered to appear in person at a date to be set by the Court and explain why they should not be held in contempt. The Court will determine what sanctions, if any, are appropriate after the conclusion of that hearing. Signed by Judge Ted Stewart on 8/30/2017.

Re: Boersons pulling tractors August 31, 2017 04:59AM
Boerson Farms and their entities are LLC's, so no corporate members are indvidually responsible for any debts or liabilitis they may have. So as long as the LLC does not own the pulling tractors or hauler they cannot be touched. But that doesn't make it OK in my book though.

Re: Boersons pulling tractors August 31, 2017 05:57AM
I don't care about what is or isn't in a llc but then again some people have no shame

Re: Boersons pulling tractors August 31, 2017 06:43AM
Do any of you think that there financial business is any of your business!
Sorry it is not!!!!
That is what is wrong is people put their nose where it doesn't belong
I am cannot believe that people posts and that these posts are not taking down,
This is supposed to be about pulling not somebody personal busy

Re: Boersons pulling tractors September 01, 2017 03:12AM
Boerson Farms and their entities are LLC's, so no corporate members are indvidually responsible for any debts or liabilitis they may have. So as long as the LLC does not own the pulling tractors or hauler they cannot be touched. But that doesn't make it OK in my book though.

Unless the laws have changed since I got my MBA, the use of an LLC does not protect the individuals involved in every circumstance. You still have to put your personal name on the line. Courts can pierce the corporate shield in many instances. There might be protections in this case, but an LLC is no guarantee. JW

Re: Boersons pulling tractors August 31, 2017 07:02AM
Their "personal business" became public when they got sued for $150 million and it went through the PUBLIC judicial system. If you don't want people talking about your personal business, pay your bills.

Re: Boersons pulling tractors August 31, 2017 07:47AM
Could you educate us on what you mean by taking government money.
Maybe everyone needs to quit stirring sh$$t.

Re: Boersons pulling tractors August 31, 2017 08:00AM
not my business and goodness knows I have had my own issues but I always thought if you were pointing fingers on here one should identify. I really hate that they are having problems but everybody knows farming is a risky business and they took a big risk.

Re: Boersons pulling tractors August 31, 2017 09:10AM
No one is immune to publicity good or bad the bigger your footprint is in an industry or a sport. Thats just one more risk in trying to farm that big. As much as a pro stock costs their value is a drop in the bucket compared to what an operation like that can cash flow, especially when youre selling $7 corn. Now that corn is south of $4 this situation sticks out like a sore thumb. Its public knowledge and public record once a court action gets this far so it will be discussed whether we agree with it or not personally.

Re: Boersons pulling tractors August 31, 2017 11:40AM
Can't imagine why any attorney would take the defensive side since the individual alledgedly owes so much already.......not to mention how many VERY high priced accountants are going to be involved. This will be a long process. And just for the record people corn wasn't at 8 or even 7 very long at all. Been south of 5 for a long time now

Re: Boersons pulling tractors September 01, 2017 11:46AM
Shorters current pro was Dennis's at one time, the other twin to that was Smithbacks,....now its Wilemans again. These are the only ag rear components Dennis had. His next several were all Engler/Wileman builds. His newest was Barbi/Moss.

Re: Boersons pulling tractors August 31, 2017 07:24AM
If you don't want people to know your business DO NOT take government Mon$y. That's everybody's money....

Re: Boersons pulling tractors August 31, 2017 08:16AM
[www.dtnpf.com]

I can see both sides of this story....its really none of our business on one hand, but on the other, it doesnt seem right to owe a lot of people a lot of money and continue to roll down the track with a pro stock or two.

Re: Boersons pulling tractors August 31, 2017 08:33AM
Big red one
[www.dtnpf.com]

Iits really none of our business on one hand, but on the other,.

Not getting on your case specifically, but when an Outlaws modified puller went through the judicial system for murder a few years back, was that also none of our business and nobody should have talked about it? The Boerson case is still awaiting resolutuon, but it is a public record now that anyone could look up.

If this was a NASCAR driver facing the exact same type of issue, it would be in all the motorsports media and nobody would think twice about posting about it.

Re: Boersons pulling tractors August 31, 2017 10:06AM
I honestly do not remember the murder case but you are correct-anyone can look it up. As for smashcar, Kurt Busch and Tony Stewart come to mind.
I have thought about this a little more and this is just my opinion.... This may (or not) affect the pulling world. Some would say that its only 2 tractors, but that is today. What about tomorrow?The inflated rent that has been being paid by a few will only hurt the next farmer trying to rent land (farmer "a" used to pay me xxx for rent, so you should to. Even though its only worth x). I know that there are a lot of non farmers who pull, but there are a few that do. This $$ issue has been going on for some time. It just didnt happen overnight. So with that in mind, lenders are going to tighten the requirements for loans, equipment costs will probably go up, local providers will have to up their cost to cover any losses, etc. This will have an affect at some point.
As for the LLC question, when you use (ALLEGEDLY) use input money for personal items, I believe the court takes a dim light to that. As for the tractors, I would 'assume' that they are listed as 'advertising' similar to what Stamp did with his super farms. I did read that Stamp had Ghost Rider listed as an assest to something like $500,000. I do not know this, but I might assume that both Greenline tractors are listed as assests/advertising. As I said above, this is not an overnight thing. Getting sued for this much money has taken a few years to show its ugly head. A good lawyer is going to show that as the farms were running low of money, the pro stocks were going up and down the road. Not good (Note-I am not a lawyer nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express).
There was a comment comparing someone going thru bankruptcy many times (many times lol) and that he turned out ok. I don't think we can compare him to the current situation. If this farm operation goes into bankruptcy, there will be A LOT of people that will be left out in the cold (employees, venders, landowners, etc).....But, I don't think bankruptcy protection is an option though. Michael's first post about the court order involves Boerson Farms allegedy selling leased equipment. Greenmark Equipment is listed as well.
Again, my thoughts about this

Re: Boersons pulling tractors August 31, 2017 01:07PM
This is definitely a tricky topic, and it makes me a little uncomfortable. Personally I'd prefer to take this entire thread down, but this is public information and it does relate to the sport so the topic will stay up but I (and the rest of the moderators) will work hard to make sure people stay on discussion and keep mudslinging and speculation to a minimum. Lets also be clear there are some distinct entities in this story and Boersen Farms is a corporation and as such their finances are different from that of Dennis or Ross Boersen. Let's make sure we keep personal finances out of the discussion.

I'd encourage everyone to please use common sense and common courtesy when posting on this topic. While this story does relate to our sport, more importantly it relates to many, many, many peoples livelihoods. Please take a few seconds and think before you post.

Re: Boersons pulling tractors August 31, 2017 02:24PM
Please explain how this topic is related to pulling. I have seen numerous threads regarding Doug deleted in the past and those are truly related to pulling considering Ottpa takes money for membership and he owned Outlaws. Unless Boersons are talking money from pullers for their pulling and farming operation then it nots related to pulling. It appears you like reading the gossip about somebody you have no relationship with or any business ties.Its your page and I truly enjoy reading it but dont say this topic has anything to do with pulling.

Re: Boersons pulling tractors August 31, 2017 03:33PM
First, it's not "gossip" it's News, that's why it being covered by numerous NEWS outlets (like the story linked to above). Second, you and I don't have to "like reading" the news for it to be news. There are news stories I don't like everyday but that doesn't change whether they are news stories or not. Like it or not this is news.

Here's why:
Running Back Ezekiel Elliott's off field antics earned him a suspension and you can read tons of articles about it. It didn't happen on the field but he's a personality in Football so it's "Football News"

I also just read that J.J. Watt's hurricane relief fundraiser hits $12 million mark in less than four days. Again, it didn't happen on the field but it's still "Football News".

You can read about players declaring bankruptcy in any sport, you can read about sponsors pulling out of sports or sponsors going out of business in any sport.

I can go on and on and on and on with countless more examples.

Like it or not, it's Pulling News when a major player in the Prostock class is going through what Boersen Farms is currently facing. It's news because the drivers, and the vehicles are Pulling personalities (just like in the NFL examples above).

Re: Boersons pulling tractors August 31, 2017 03:08PM
Wasn't that long ago we were discussing Stamp farms on the same ground and their bankruptcy. If I remember right Boredom farmed 3k acres and had a lot of money behind him. His wife bought him the first pro stock from Boyds. Dennis then went into the Stamp bankruptcy and bought the whole operation for $20 million. That included 20,000 + acres and contracts. Yah prices have dropped considerably for commodities, but how do you go from a $20 million dollar investment to $150 million dollar debt in just a few years? The courts will figure it out and they will still pull. I guess compound interest still works like it always does.

Re: Boersons pulling tractors August 31, 2017 09:41PM
I remember his first two pro stocks and do not recall them coming from Boyd's.

Re: Boersons pulling tractors August 31, 2017 11:55PM
I believe his first pro stock which was built for him by Engler is now don slamas fast and furious

Re: Boersons pulling tractors September 01, 2017 03:18PM
Someone mentioned that they aren't using public money. 70,000 acres and they aren't getting any subsidies?

Re: Boersons pulling tractors September 01, 2017 01:32AM
Jdfan
Wasn't that long ago we were discussing Stamp farms on the same ground and their bankruptcy. If I remember right Boredom farmed 3k acres and had a lot of money behind him. His wife bought him the first pro stock from Boyds. Dennis then went into the Stamp bankruptcy and bought the whole operation for $20 million. That included 20,000 + acres and contracts. Yah prices have dropped considerably for commodities, but how do you go from a $20 million dollar investment to $150 million dollar debt in just a few years? The courts will figure it out and they will still pull. I guess compound interest still works like it always does.
dont think many of your facts are correct.
his wife bought it? never heard that. shes a nurse and nursing doesnt pay enough to buy a prostock. think you are confusing him with larry roberts.
he didnt buy it from boyds either
he was farming tens of thousands of acres before he bought stampp farms.
crop prices are going to catch up with a lot of guys soon

Re: Boersons pulling tractors September 01, 2017 04:17AM
As a fellow pro stock puller and friend of mine would say.........Jdfan is blowing hole. And for the record his first pro stock hit the national level in 2004 as 8320's where he won tomah right out of the gate Boyd's still had the cast chassis in 04 which were 8410 sheetmetal. Who cares if his wife bought it -Gary Sullivan

Re: Boersons pulling tractors September 01, 2017 05:24AM
No, first pro was 2001 and a 7810(engler/K&k),now fast and furious. Which along with the next six tractors all came from K&k.
This includes the two that ran last week. The third one that doesn't run much came from fullpull/moss. Maybe that one broke the bank!

Re: Boersons pulling tractors September 01, 2017 07:49AM
How much of our tax dollars get used to pay for all the court cost and I bet the CHS Dividen is also lower because of this sell his tractors and get tending to business

Re: Boersons pulling tractors September 01, 2017 09:40AM
Why would "our"tax dollars pay for their defense. I don't believe they are entitled to a public defender. If you had read the news release you would see that the Boersens have their own defense and CHS Capital has their own attorneys, no public dollars.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Boersons pulling tractors September 01, 2017 10:53AM
How does the judge and all the other state employees get paid.

Re: Boersons pulling tractors September 01, 2017 11:03AM
The same way and amount that they would get paid if Boersens weren't getting taken to court.
Yada,yada,yada but the difference ? Nada

Re: Boersons pulling tractors September 01, 2017 11:06AM
I would guess that most of the state officials get direct deposit.

Re: Boersons pulling tractors September 01, 2017 11:20AM
The Original Diehard Deere Of Wileman's Became And Still Is Smithback's Bleeding Green SuperFarm. Slama's Fast And The Furious JD7810 Was The Original Greenline Express JD7810

Re: Boersons pulling tractors September 01, 2017 11:26AM
Yes what I meant is the tractor they hit the national circuit with. I was not positive as to what the tractor before the 2004 season was. They may have purchased one of the green streaks about the same time babler bought one which would have been about five years ago. I cannot remember for sure. Where the two 8320's ever ended up is a mystery to me

Re: Boersons pulling tractors September 01, 2017 11:54AM
The 8320 both ended up with mowery as auction express and dealing deere

Re: Boersons pulling tractors September 01, 2017 01:43PM
The Haymaker tractor was a Greenline Express. Purchased by Babler late 2012 early 2013 if I'm not mistaken.

Re: Boersons pulling tractors September 01, 2017 01:25PM
For the record I had dealings with boersen found them to be very patient and was very honest and excellent to deal with . To the normal person farming a few 1000 acres or a home owner with a house 150 mill seems like big numbers but look at boersen who farms 70000 plus acres hogs trucking grain handling etc on his scale I think it's alot of money but doubt it is not manageable people love to be negative and hate it if someone has more than them called jealousy just two cents thanks

Re: Boersons pulling tractors September 01, 2017 01:28PM
It is not quite a burden on others to let 150mil go unpaid if you have the means to make the payments?

Re: Boersons pulling tractors September 01, 2017 01:40PM
I agree bills should be paid but no one knows the entire story and all the judging and presuming is discusting ever had a raw deal with a bank we have books were not done on time raised interest rate more fees then called in the mortgage 2 mill worth try solve that problem and pay all the bills at the same time we solved it and bills are paid took some time all over book keeper being late and the banker grabbing more money lawyer says he sees it all the time banks are out for profit not to help you this may be the issue here we don't know so quit bad mouthing while it's going on that's all I'm saying

Re: Boersons pulling tractors September 01, 2017 01:54PM
YES banks are out for a profit! Theyre a for PROFIT BUSINESS.

did you read any of the article posted online?

The lawsuit levels a number of allegations against Boersen Farms.

First, CHS alleges the farm "fraudulently and intentionally misrepresented to CHS Capital the quantity of harvested 20l6 grain available for sale, which quantity and resulting expected sale proceeds were included in the budget.

"To induce CHS Capital to forbear from exercising its legal right to take possession of the 2016 harvested crops, defendants fraudulently and intentionally misrepresented the volume of harvested 2016 grain by over $6 million to create the illusion of sufficient revenue to offset expenses. Further, the defendants failed to comply with the budget."

The lawsuit said that, because of "misrepresentations" about the quantity and quality of the 2016 crop in storage, Boersen Farms "have insufficient remaining 2016 crop and crop proceeds to pay the expenses to harvest the 2017 crop. The defendants will run out of cash in late August, and will have no money to pay for the expenses of harvesting the soybeans in September."

CHS said in the lawsuit it would be willing to provide funds for harvest to a receivership, but not to Boersen Farms itself.

In addition, CHS alleges the farm sold grain to third parties without notifying the lender.

Some of the larger transactions include about 495,000 bushels of corn to BF Funding LLC, "a newly created entity formed to thwart CHS Capital's Food Security Act notices. Proceeds from these grain sales of approximately $1.9 million were not delivered to CHS Capital, in violation of the security agreements," the lawsuit said.

"Similarly, the borrowers delivered 594,604 bushels of corn to Poet LLC, an Indiana purchaser outside the normal geographic scope of the borrower's historical sales of grain." That sale, according to the lawsuit, generated about $2.2 million in proceeds.

According to a news report that aired on Wood TV 8 in Grand Rapids, Boersen Farms faces a number of other smaller lawsuits totaling about $3 million.

The farm also has been sued by equipment companies and others, and the lawsuit alleges Boersen farms used more than $200,000 in CHS' cash collateral to buy a $614,000 house.

Re: Boersons pulling tractors September 01, 2017 02:11PM
The word is alleges. If it proves to be true I don't agree with it but until it is proven nobody has any right to be bad mouthing anyone if boersen ends up coming out of this somehow and pays up his accounts then how many people will come on here and praise them for coming out on top the bigger you are the harder you can fall and I would never want to operate a business even nearly the size that they were operating at in the end we have to give it all back to your maker there is no point in it just my opinion

Who is CHS? September 02, 2017 02:26AM
Just who is CHS? My research on their webiste shows they are an old original ag cooperative. Very interesting history since 1929, the year of the big stock market crash that is known as the start of the Great Depression.

A few "Our History" highlights I have entered below.

1931 - Cenex, originally the Farmers Union Central Exchange, is founded January 15. First offices are in downtown St. Paul, Minn.

1943 - An oil refinery at Laurel, Mont., is purchased and a one-third interest in the National Cooperative Refinery Association at McPherson, Kan., is acquired.

1945 - Cenex enters the feed, plant food and seed business.

1972 - Cenex enters the transportation business by acquiring Northern Cooperative Services of Wadena, Minn.

1987 - Cenex joins with Land O’Lakes to form the Cenex/Land O’Lakes Ag Services marketing joint venture.

1988 - First CENEX convenience store opens.

1998 - Cenex and Harvest States unite on June 1 to form an integrated agricultural foods system linking producers to consumers.

1992 - Harvest States and Continental Grain enter a joint venture, the Tacoma Export Marketing Co. (TEMCO) at Tacoma, Washington, for feed grain shipments to Pacific Rim countries.

1995 - Harvest States’ annual grain volume tops 1 billion bushels for the first time in history.

2003 - The company adopts CHS Inc. as its legal name effective August 5. All operating divisions carry the CHS name; although Cenex remains the company's energy brand.

2003 - The grains and foods division of CHS announced the opening of a wholly owned subsidiary originating and marketing soybeans from Brazil to customers nationwide.

2005 - Ventura Foods acquires Maries® and Dean's® dressings and dips.

"2008 - CHS begins Black Sea operations in Ukraine.

2009 - CHS expands global presence with grain export venues in Australia, Ukraine and Russia and a grain marketing office in Argentina.

2012 - CHS completes soy protein firm acquisition in Israel, China and Nebraska.

2012 - CHS enters Canada with Alberta agronomy acquisition.

2014 - CHS joins Cargill and ConAgra Foods to create Ardent Mills, a flour milling company.

2014 - CHS issues CHSCN, Class B, Series 2 and CHSCM, Class B, Series 3 Preferred Stock.

2014 - CHS returns a record $637 million to its owners.

CHS certainly is a very integrated global ag company. Lots more old brand names in their long history anyone involved in agriculture would certainly recognize. And likely even locally in your area.

When anyone plays with a "Fortune 100 company", I would think they should definitely play by the company's rules.

So this topic does effect everyone - lender, producer and consumer.

Re: Boersons pulling tractors September 09, 2017 08:57PM
I personally know executives at CHS and they are a very big part of the Minnesota (and US) agricultural economy. They are a co-op owned by farmers, ranchers...etc. So IF someone is defaulting or defrauding them they are affecting those farmers, and ranchers...etc. directly and NOT some wealthy board of directors. This is personal to those people.

However, this brings up a bigger issue with pulling in my opinion. I would venture to guess 90%+ of anyone that is pulling on a national level or anyone that is pulling in a class above the most entry level classes is part of a small business (or maybe even a larger business). I would also venture to guess the majority of them are using tax write-offs to help fund their hobby. Some of it I am sure is legitimate sponsorship or advertising that is allowed by the IRS but I know a lot of it is not above board (I need a new turbo or injection pump for my "farm tractor" or "work truck" that I write off as a business expense). They are essentially cheating the government and everyone that pays taxes and pays for their toys legitimately. On one hand this has lead to an influx of cash into the sport and amazing advances in the vehicles. On the other hand this has also lead the sport being way too expensive to most of America. I think eventually it will lead to the downfall of the sport.

One day the IRS is gonna get smart like the EPA did for aftermarket emissions deletes and the entire sport will dry up because hardly no one can pay $17k for an injection pump or $60k for a set of chargers if they have to do it legitimately.

Re: Boersons pulling tractors September 10, 2017 12:18AM
No doubt that the costs of a pulling tractor should not be deducted, but I don't see that happening. The IRS is understaffed. My guess is that the typical IRS staffer thinks any of these pulling tractors are probably also used in the field.

Re: Boersons pulling tractors September 10, 2017 12:45AM
Going to go out on a limb and assume takedown95 and face in the crowd dont own pulling vehicles. You have to pay tax on prize money so whats wrong with writing it off?

Re: Boersons pulling tractors September 10, 2017 01:36AM
Pulling while owing money on a debt happens all the time and at every level. We saw it before as mentioned on this site. Some actually borrow money from a bank for a farm tractor when it actually is a puller they are buying. Some have had family tragedies and others have had benefits for those people. Then the next year they are out on the track with a new puller. Are any of these situations right to do. Not in my book and it shows that they have no respect for those who loan or give them money for a business or a good cause. I wish the best to all of them but it will all catch up with them at some point. I have great respect for those who do with what they have and can afford. They may not be in the upper level of pulling but they are my favorite pullers.

Re: Boersons pulling tractors September 10, 2017 03:31AM
In my opinion it really doesnt matter who it is, big farmer or someone that dreamed of someday having their own tractor. You should never have a loan on a hobby. Just not a good idea.

Re: Boersons pulling tractors September 10, 2017 02:26PM
No different than borrowing money to buy a camper or boat. Only difference you have better chance to win your gas money back with tractor.

Re: Boersons pulling tractors September 10, 2017 02:29PM
Glad your better than me
No different than borrowing money to buy a camper or boat. Only difference you have better chance to win your gas money back with tractor.

AMEN! SO TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I will also add that the tractors did not cause the demise of their farming operation. The gift of gab and their bankers believing that gab is what caused it.

I went through the 80's and I know what I am talking about.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2017 02:44PM by Supertiquer.

Re: Boersons pulling tractors September 10, 2017 05:32AM
In my case I have owned pulling vehicles. In fact I was the three time defending local regional points champion for NTPA and other organizations up until I sold my vehicle a couple years back. I am currently building a Grand National level vehicle which I have been saving for over the last few years using only after tax dollars from my 9-5 job. There's nothing wrong with deducting the costs off your winnings but that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about deductions off business earnings of a farm, trucking business, flooring company ....etc. Theres a big difference in the legality between the two.

Re: Boersons pulling tractors September 10, 2017 05:00AM
UMMMM, how dumb are some people to get into a mess like this over FARMING,, geesh real jobs are a dime a dozen,,, then to bring pulling tractors out,, slap in every TAX PAYERS FACE

Re: Boersons pulling tractors September 15, 2017 03:35AM
I just got the September 15, 2017 edition of Michigan Farm News. The front page headline concerns the financial situation of Boersen Farms, LLC. At this point, there is no bankruptcy and only the possibility of receivership (though it seems the forgone conclusion). Hopefully, the harvest season goes well and yields are good for all parties involved. One point I found interesting in the article was the fact that in the process of rectifying this or any other bankruptcy case, quote "Under most bankruptcy cases, lawyers are paid first, followed by secured creditors." unquote Any unsecured creditors sure could use that money that the attorneys get. JW

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,616, Posts: 229,672, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,064, Posts: 225,890.

Our newest member JD_8520