Unlimited super stocks @ Monroe September 20, 2017 02:04PM
This is probably geared more toward Mark Hathorne. Any idea how many and who plans on coming for unlimited super stock?

Re: Unlimited super stocks @ Monroe September 20, 2017 02:41PM
Blackbourns, Gansmer , Hulls and Maybe Hirt

Re: Unlimited super stocks @ Monroe September 20, 2017 03:30PM
AJ is correct.Usually their is 8 in the class.Stray horse showed up last year.We have heard of a few more coming but it might be just a rumor

Re: Unlimited super stocks @ Monroe September 23, 2017 09:56AM
I think that they should try some different classes change things around alittle bit!

Re: Unlimited super stocks @ Monroe September 25, 2017 05:21AM
We have 10 classes.Just which ones do you want out and in?Next year we are getting rid of a couple classes and bringing in the Diesel trucks.We don't have much left up here for class choices.

Re: Unlimited super stocks @ Monroe September 25, 2017 09:32AM
Any idea when the results will be posted?

Re: Unlimited super stocks @ Monroe September 25, 2017 09:48AM
They've been up on bstp site for couple dYs

Re: Unlimited super stocks @ Monroe September 25, 2017 02:23PM
Don't get rid of any classes... run a second track!!!!

Re: Unlimited super stocks @ Monroe September 25, 2017 03:14PM
Wont happen Chucky.This has worked down here for 11 years.When you bring in two tracks you pay twice the purse in a normal timed show.Its one day and most are used to it.The fans don't have to stay all day.If they go home and didn't get their $15 worth thats their problem.Our goal to be done is 7:30 max.This year we had a sled breakdown twice and the starting line was not getting done fast enough.Those things need to change but I'm not going with two tracks.Its another reason that we can run our 50/50 twice during the day totally $13,000.This is a fundraiser for the community and we have one day to make as much as we can to give throughout the year .
So next year we will do what we need to to be done at 7:30

Re: Unlimited super stocks @ Monroe September 25, 2017 11:43PM
Mark H
Wont happen Chucky.This has worked down here for 11 years.When you bring in two tracks you pay twice the purse in a normal timed show.Its one day and most are used to it.The fans don't have to stay all day.If they go home and didn't get their $15 worth thats their problem.Our goal to be done is 7:30 max.This year we had a sled breakdown twice and the starting line was not getting done fast enough.Those things need to change but I'm not going with two tracks.Its another reason that we can run our 50/50 twice during the day totally $13,000.This is a fundraiser for the community and we have one day to make as much as we can to give throughout the year .
So next year we will do what we need to to be done at 7:30

You bring in one heck of a crowd. However as a puller this is not the best pull of the year to go to, If you want a good place to park you need to be there way before 9am. Even if your class doesn't pull until 7:30 pm.You build one heck of a power track, however you can not maintain it. If I was a pro stock I would have been pretty hot. As a fan that was the worst pro stock class to watch all year. The starting line was not good all day and the track prep was way to slow for this show. It was a National Event with a poor Brush Pull track. Now on to the sleds, one of the best there is along with one of the poorest. When you go to a event that is "voted the best pull" of the year you expect the best. You talk about how much money you make, spend a little on a better sled. Watch the blue sled on the line and you will see one of the reasons the starting line was so bad. Everyone is a arm chair quarter back however! You have great vendors, the staff help looks very professional with the black and red shirts. The parking crew does a great job. You do a great job promoting it, just to slow of show. You were in the 4 minute range per hook, take a minute off you just took 2 hours off your show.

To Joe September 26, 2017 01:03AM
Again all fixable which we will do Joe.Blue sled is already going to be replaced!Taken care of during the pull Sat.See we change things as we see it.
As far as Pro Stocks....I would be mad to but there was no points race and someone had to go last.During their class I was watching and had already made my mind up that they will be mid show next year.Who thought the track would go away that bad.Tool Time was 328.This isn't the first track in BSTP that has gone away in the Pro Stock class or other classes for that part.
Next the starting line....again already handled.See before this year we averaged 3 min between tractors so this year dont know what went on besides having to keep enough water in the track to deal with a 90 degree and sunny day beating down on it.Next year we will have another roller and packer on the starting line.
Side note:last year we ran 10 more down the track and were done 45 min earlier.Its hard to plan on whose coming and breakdowns.
Its always easy from the stands putting on a pull.We do our best.I will give my father Larry a big kudos for a track that did not go dry.I strongly disagree with a "brushpull" track!Beside Pro Stocks the track was good all day
We do what we can is all I can say.Calls have been made and we are on to planning for next year.We will continue to try and please everyone(which will never happen)but we will try.
Last thing....You think you and a few others are upset about the long show?I was mad all day because I knew it wouldn't be done by 7:30.My crew had worked all week in the heat and were spent by Fri night.I don't want the Badger State crew working out there that late either.And I sure hate it for a puller that is there at 9 and is last class but its been 11 years and should be used to it.Thats why we mix the line up every year.
Anyway thanks to all of you that have texed or called that had good things to say!We do our best.If it gets to be a problem to you pullers let me know.I would be happy to cancel this event in a heartbeat.I(we)dont have to do this.

Re: To Joe September 26, 2017 03:55AM
I think marks crew and pull did the best they could under the weather conditions. No rain for a month does not help the track conditions

Re: Unlimited super stocks @ Monroe September 27, 2017 01:20AM
Who's sleds were there?

Re: Unlimited super stocks @ Monroe September 25, 2017 10:37AM
They are available on power and noise photo also

Re: Unlimited super stocks @ Monroe September 25, 2017 02:49PM
Agree with Chucky. Don't get rid of any classes. Add add another track. Have the room. And get more track equipment. Sled should never have to wait to get back into position for next vehicle. I know it take more help. But it was taking way to long to prep track the other day. If one ran two tracks you could shorten day abit and run a lot of equipment through in about 3 1/2 to 4 hours. They did in Hillsboro. Don't get me wrong a lot of fantastic equipment, just plan way to long of a day and I long the sport.

Re: Unlimited super stocks @ Monroe September 26, 2017 05:25AM
Mark, thanks for at least acknowledging that there are areas for improvements. That is great. Still is a great pull. Yeah no ones expects to have to deal with the heat that warm in September. Keep up the good work. Again thanks for acknowledging the areas that need adjusted. I have talked to promoters in past and they aren't open to suggestion or recognize areas to improve. Still great to live where we do and to be able to have benefits. Thanks Mike

Re: Unlimited super stocks @ Monroe September 26, 2017 05:31AM
Well I won't comment on anything negative since it's already been done and those changes have been taken care of. Like mark said, you don't have to sit till the end. I text him early in the pull when the sled went down and told him "sorry this happened to your pull". Yah I knew it was 90+ degrees and was gonna be late but, i wanted to watch pro stocks. Yes the track was terrible for there class but it is what it is. I am certainly not a track prep genius but given the heat how do you hold that fine line of too wet or too dry all day. I will say that the gentleman in skid steer did one fantastic job. Have seen him before and just knows what he doing. Light pros in my opinion wer the class of the day. They had a generous sled setting and the best track of the day and they put on a show and that is no disrespect to the other classes. The track just changed so many times during the day. All that being said I will still go back even if it is 90 degrees

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,579, Posts: 229,610, Members: 3,320.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,859.

Our newest member Fechtner Racing