Cryogenic treatment VS hardening September 22, 2017 12:24PM
I have done some searches, and gained a little understanding of the processes, but which is better for connecting rods/gears/transmission shafts? Heard of some guys even cryo treating the whole block. Is there a general consensus on this? There is a shop doing cryogenic treatment fairly local to me, but dont want to want to waste my time and money if its not worth it.

-Thanks

Re: Cryogenic treatment VS hardening September 22, 2017 12:53PM
good question,was thinking about doing a stroked crank. Info please ,thx.

Re: Cryogenic treatment VS hardening September 22, 2017 03:01PM
I believe cryogenic is more stress reliever and durability, I do not think it replaces
Harding.

Re: Cryogenic treatment VS hardening September 22, 2017 06:47PM
Give me a call I can give you all the benefits of both. I prefer freezing but have the tools to do both (660) 646-8215

Re: Cryogenic treatment VS hardening September 29, 2017 03:05PM
How much is it to freeze your rods

Re: Cryogenic treatment VS hardening October 15, 2017 01:01AM
Throwing this back to the top one more time. Im looking for thumbs up or down for cryo treatment on rods/crank/gears/transmission shafts... If one process or the other is better, a little explanation would help. Ice Cold Puller- the number you listed is incorrect.

Re: Cryogenic treatment VS hardening October 17, 2017 01:19AM
90% of the cryo parts I have been around have broken quicker than non cryo versions, mostly driveline parts. It depends on what it is and how it's used. Contrary to what cryo salesman seem to claim, it's best for high wear items. Brake rotors, manufacturing dies, ect. I wouldn't consider having rods cryo treated, or other parts of that nature. If it's high wear, cryo it. If it's high stress, don't. If it's a combination of both, like a camshaft, I wouldn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2017 01:11AM by sfd823.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,563, Posts: 229,575, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,055, Posts: 225,837.

Our newest member BadHabit2