3 or 4 turbo setup October 01, 2017 11:19AM
Been pulling for over 15years always single turbo diesel. Going to build a 505 diesel but wondering on 3 or 4 turbo setup? Its going to light super so was leaning toward 3 turbo for weight or should i just go with 2? Any helpfull info appreciated.

Re: 3 or 4 turbo setup October 02, 2017 01:55PM
What make engine?
Where do you plan to pull?
Thus how tough is the competition?
Are any of them diesels?
Or class dominated with alky?

Re: 3 or 4 turbo setup October 02, 2017 11:54PM
Will be a JD. What does where I pull or who I pull against have anything to do with my setup? There are diesel and alcohol tractors, single and multi turbo setups

Re: 3 or 4 turbo setup October 03, 2017 12:06AM
I run a JD with 2 chargers, If I had to start again I would go 3 charger, lower boost temperature and extend life of the chargers as they'll work less hard.

Re: 3 or 4 turbo setup October 03, 2017 01:39AM
Thanks for the help, where's good place or person to go to for 3 turbos? I can do all the fab just need help choosing turbos

Re: 3 or 4 turbo setup January 12, 2019 01:06AM
pumpingiron
I run a JD with 2 chargers, If I had to start again I would go 3 charger, lower boost temperature and extend life of the chargers as they'll work less hard.

How many cubic inch and what turbos do you run?

Re: 3 or 4 turbo setup October 03, 2017 05:05PM
For instance, if you pulled, for example, Hoosier State or IPL or Illinois or Illini or Illiana, that is a much different level of competition overall than as if you pulled NTPA Grand National or PPL Grand American.

Anthony Hart's "Hart's Desire" triple charger JD last I knew was still for sale. Alan Daily earlier in season was working to get his triple charger JD up and going again. Don't know if he did get it out late this season or not. Both are diesels, in Indiana and setup for LSS.

Time to get some sleep. Was a long but good harvest day.

Re: 3 or 4 turbo setup October 04, 2017 04:13AM
Im sure my competition has bigger pockets than i do or willing to spend more than me....yes I know nothing in pulling is cheap, im not to concerned about being on top just looking for a good place to start and what turbos to use, ones that don't cost 10k each. Surely there are state level guys with setups that dont break the bank and still manage to put on a good showing.

Re: 3 or 4 turbo setup October 04, 2017 02:07PM
We can help you out with the turbos at a reasonable cost. Chaos Fabrication 412-217-7363

Re: 3 or 4 turbo setup October 14, 2017 12:40PM
3. And contact the folks above.^^^^^^^^^

Re: 3 or 4 turbo setup October 15, 2017 01:34PM
I have a 3 charger setup that I am thinking about selling that might work. 319 four three zero 3608

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,580, Posts: 229,613, Members: 3,320.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,861.

Our newest member Fechtner Racing