Roosa Master Problem October 15, 2017 01:01PM
I know this is a little out of place. Been working on a 1010 John Deere dozer and the injection pump won't put out any fuel. The obvious problems have been looked at such as fuel delivery, return, etc. We took the rectangular cap off to inspect for broken shut off linkages only to find that everything seemed to be intact. The dozer has been setting for quite some time, is this pump up for a rebuild? Is there something we're overlooking? Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Re: Roosa Master Problem October 15, 2017 01:59PM
The pumping plungers could be stuck, or meetering valve. Does meetering valve move? If you want i can rebuild it for you 40264041one four

Re: Roosa Master Problem October 16, 2017 01:03AM
like said above, if it's been sitting for years, the plungers and/or metering valve are likely stuck. You can fart around all you want trying to force it to work, but at the end of the day, you'll be way better off getting it off and properly serviced, along with the injectors. What ends up happening is they get forced to run in the crappy old fuel and things aren't happy inside the pump or injectors, then the head ends up seizing. Now you've got an expensive fix ahead. Save it before it get totally ruined. Just some advice from someone who's seen this many times before!

Re: Roosa Master Problem October 16, 2017 02:46AM
Exactly....a tractor that's been sitting for over year, especially with today's fuel, if it doesnt start dont force it, pull pump and injectors and have them checked. Saw so many get ruined by ppl trying to pull start them or keep shooting starting fluid end up with lots more problems on your hand.

Re: Roosa Master Problem October 16, 2017 05:57AM
With the fuel that we run today you have 30 days give or take before it starts to go bad .

Re: Roosa Master Problem October 17, 2017 05:19AM
Is there stabilizer or something that can be added if you know it's going to sit like for the winter?

Re: Roosa Master Problem October 16, 2017 07:33AM
I had same problem on an farmall 560 had set 10 years. Pump would do nothing . I took then end off and got the transfer pump cleaned and working, it would then pump through pump and out return but not to injectors. I took the top of pump and filled it with seafoam then poured seafoam in the inlet while cranking and left it sit over night. Next day started getting fuel to injectors and tractor started. At the end of the day the pump still isn't right more so at higher rpm and getting it rebuilt. Like the other posters said save some time and life on your starter and have someone go through it.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,566, Posts: 229,583, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,057, Posts: 225,844.

Our newest member BadHabit2