Serious Inquires only!!!..... October 15, 2017 02:00PM
so maybe i just want to rant a little. I get on this forum atlas twice a week and the first thing i do is look at the for sale ads reasoning is I'm dying to have my own tractor i currently bum off of my father in law and we go to back yard pulls on the weekend and pull hot farm.. either way he wants to upgrade and i want in so I'm always wanting to find a deal that may help that happen. as i scroll through the ads ill click on head lines that perk my interest and when i read them it reads as follows " sbjd for sale 466 call ###-###-#### SERIOUS INQUIRES ONLY ..... ok seriously guy if you want to cut down on the phone traffic then here is a start:

Name
Number
Describe the tractor
Motor??
Sheet Metal??
trans??
Turnkey??
Class??

enough said end of rant thanks for reading.

Re: Serious Inquires only!!!..... October 15, 2017 02:50PM
In a perfect word that would be fine but it doesn't work that way. First thing people say I can build one cheaper than you're asking and believe it or not alot are just fishing for a parts list for thier own project(head,injectors,and turbo).If tractor is priced at 70000 and you're wanting to spend 30000 to get in a 60k class don't call therefore you get SERIOUS INQUIRES in ad. If you want a seller to be let you chew their ear off with all intentions don't ask if that is your bottom dollar with not even looking at tractor

Re: Serious Inquires only!!!..... October 18, 2017 03:15AM
Wish I had a dollar for the phrase [ your asking to much for your tractor, I can build it for 1/2 of that ]. I have built over 12 tractors in the past 17 years. Yes you can build a tractor for 1/2 the cost but in most cases it won't have the best parts or a top contender. The cost to build a tractor today [vs] the 1st one I built has about doubled. Majority of the time it's will save you a lot of time and money to buy a turn key tractor.

Re: Serious Inquires only!!!..... October 16, 2017 01:57AM
It doesn't matter if you're selling a 3 legged Mule or a $100k pulling tractor, put a price on it. Put a dang good description of it. Put your phone number on it. If you're ashamed of any of these 3, list it absolute on EBay & let it rip.

Re: Serious Inquires only!!!..... October 16, 2017 02:47AM
^^^^^ Agreed.......

Re: Serious Inquires only!!!..... October 16, 2017 02:54AM
I see both sides. Sometimes when I've sold things and if there is just too much info and pictures that possibly won't load on here it's easier to just text over phone information and pics. Also pretty common to get people that'll just waste time telling stories over the phone so making sure to get folks that are genuinely interested is nice. Just my pennies for your thoughts.

Re: Serious Inquires only!!!..... October 16, 2017 08:40AM
I ALSO LOVE THE SERIOUS INQUIRES ONLY AND THEY PUT NO PRICE

i posted this before and people bash me saying if you need to ask then you cant afford it.

NO IT IS CALL DON'T WASTE MY TIME IF YOU ARE OVER PRICED IF THERE IS ANOTHER ONE OUT THERE THAT IS THE SAME AND I KNOW IT IS LESS

Re: Serious Inquires only!!!..... October 16, 2017 12:02PM
I totally agree with new guy and have also been bashed for the same complaint. I think the seller who puts "serious only" isn't really wanting to sell. How do I know if I'm serious or not if I don't have the details or even the price. If you don't want calls don't advertise. Raffle it off. I'll buy a ticket.

Re: Serious Inquires only!!!..... October 16, 2017 02:49PM
I can't stand when people don't put a location. There are deals to be had on this page and I'm always looking for things I need but if i knew at least what state it was in would save me a ton of time rather than googling area codes.

Re: Serious Inquires only!!!..... October 17, 2017 01:22AM
A little different subject, but it still pertains to for sale ads. "NEW REBUILT" It's either one or the other. New is new. Rebuilt is used and rebuilt. They're not the same thing.

Re: Serious Inquires only!!!..... October 17, 2017 02:39PM
I agree to the statement made that how do I know if I’m serious if there is no pic no details and no price so many people probably tgink I’m a tire kicker cause they don’t put enough info

Re: Serious Inquires only!!!..... October 17, 2017 03:17PM
Newguy
so maybe i just want to rant a little. I get on this forum atlas twice a week and the first thing i do is look at the for sale ads reasoning is I'm dying to have my own tractor i currently bum off of my father in law and we go to back yard pulls on the weekend and pull hot farm.. either way he wants to upgrade and i want in so I'm always wanting to find a deal that may help that happen. as i scroll through the ads ill click on head lines that perk my interest and when i read them it reads as follows " sbjd for sale 466 call ###-###-#### SERIOUS INQUIRES ONLY ..... ok seriously guy if you want to cut down on the phone traffic then here is a start:

Name
Number
Describe the tractor
Motor??
Sheet Metal??
trans??
Turnkey??
Class??

enough said end of rant thanks for reading.

The same thing could be said for the wanted ads.

Re: Serious Inquires only!!!..... October 17, 2017 11:17PM
The price alone will help you get calls or if too high not .Pictures are very helpful and phone number is a must.I sell around 50 tractors a year and it is basically a hobby that I enjoy that makes a profit.I am never rude to people[except tell a marketers] and try to explain exactly what is offered.One thing I have learned that if prospective buyer has to talk to his wife or banker you have probably lost that sale but not always.

Re: Serious Inquires only!!!..... October 18, 2017 02:21PM
Larry Anderson
One thing I have learned that if prospective buyer has to talk to his wife or banker you have probably lost that sale but not always.

I have to say this as a farmer and a puller. Talking to the wife is one thing, but if someone has to talk to the banker about a pulling tractor then they probably can't afford to buy it and you probably NEED to lose that sale because the check that they write you, may not be good.

Re: Serious Inquires only!!!..... October 18, 2017 02:59AM
I agree with New Guy to a point. When i want to sell a parts or tires, I try to give a very good description, picture and a price. But like now i'm trying to sell my Alcohol Super. I put a picture and description of tractor. I didn't put a price on it because that is between the potential Buyer and myself. There is a lot of nosy people who want to know what your selling your tractor for so they can appraise what their tractor is worth. Then down the road when the buyer wants to sell it the guy will say [ well you only paid blah blah for it]. If you been around the sport for awhile, you know when you read the ad weather you can afford to be in that class. Just call the person who has the tractor for sale. I will answer ever call and answer any of your questions. Please don't beat me down on price when you have no intention on looking at or buying it !!!!

Re: Serious Inquires only!!!..... October 18, 2017 02:59PM
Curious to see how many of you pullers telling us how to sell our tractors have ended up buying or building the tractor of your dreams? Please leave your Name,Model of Tractor,Class you pull and what is your bottom dollar.

Re: Serious Inquires only!!!..... October 20, 2017 02:33PM
Any thing listed like the o.p. described doesn't even get a 2nd glance from me. No price, no description, topped with an arrogant comment ? I haven't time to waste on you.
Put it on AuctionTime.Com & you won't have to take any calls.

Re: Serious Inquires only!!!..... October 21, 2017 06:49AM
Not true, I work at a dealership and we put up auction time ads all the time. Get calls on them constantly, caller asks about 20 questions, then finally asks a location and freaks out because it is too far to drive. they can run a computer to find auction time but google maps is just too much i guess. I agree with you though no details, no sale.

Re: Serious Inquires only!!!..... October 22, 2017 05:49AM
People can be so ignorant , they put their pulling tractors for sale asking an out rageous price thinking maybe a young kid spending Grandpas money will buy it, most are 50% over priced,, you can build them cheap without having something everyone else has,, and still write it off !

Re: Serious Inquires only!!!..... October 22, 2017 01:28PM
I sell a lot of stuff on here I hate text because I cant spell if I get one I send back call me especially if the first thing they want is a picture call I will explain exactly what it is the if interested I will send the pictures.I sold 4 Dt 360s and one 466 last week this is a great sight Ive shipped at least 20 engines some to people that's on hear without the first complaint along with lots of other stuff .Now se why I don't like text

Re: Serious Inquires only!!!..... October 23, 2017 02:01AM
Please enlighten us on how some pulling tractors should be priced. Maybe you should go around and offer a service of appraisal on these machines since "they are cheaper to build"

Re: Serious Inquires only!!!..... October 26, 2017 12:59PM
Simple; do the work yourself,, you wanna pull don't be like everyone else,, machine everything to your specs, or spend grandpas money like most do= losers !

Re: Serious Inquires only!!!..... October 23, 2017 02:26PM
Dangerer
People can be so ignorant , they put their pulling tractors for sale asking an out rageous price thinking maybe a young kid spending Grandpas money will buy it, most are 50% over priced,,

Are you really sure about that? If you are then please enlighten me on how you came to that conclusion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2017 09:05AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Serious Inquires only!!!..... October 27, 2017 09:44AM
Simple, do the work yourself;

Re: Serious Inquires only!!!..... October 27, 2017 12:29PM
Dangerer, That likely is true if you do not value anything for your personal labor investment. If so, that is false economics.

Re: Serious Inquires only!!!..... October 27, 2017 02:58PM
Not every body can and don't no how to build a pulling tractor so they have to buy. And that cost money some one had to work for that equels out the same if there was nobody out there to buy one they would be worth nothing .But myself I wouldn't give a nickle for one, the enjoyment and pride of doing it yourself just aint there buy that's just me

Re: Serious Inquires only!!!..... October 31, 2017 09:17AM
Lewis
Not every body can and don't no how to build a pulling tractor so they have to buy. And that cost money some one had to work for that equels out the same if there was nobody out there to buy one they would be worth nothing .But myself I wouldn't give a nickle for one, the enjoyment and pride of doing it yourself just aint there buy that's just me
So you are saying that someone shouldn't be proud to buy a tractor from you?

Re: Serious Inquires only!!!..... October 31, 2017 12:53PM
I think what he is saying he would never buy one, he gets too much enjoyment out of building them. I agree with that sentiment. Might be cheaper to buy one turnkey, but the pride of knowing every pass you built is yourself is hard to describe. Especially if it turns out to be a good build.
To each his own.

Re: Serious Inquires only!!!..... October 31, 2017 02:35PM
Thanks Dirt Farmer Its understandable some couldn't build one and that's what keeps everything going but you cant replace the feeling you get of your own accomplishment anyone can go to the GM dealership and by a CORVETTE but can they build it And so far everyone has been proud of what they bought from me and that makes me feel good to thanks now Ive been porting and polishing a lot of heads for the llss tractors three this month and and I'm practically finished with the 4th one going to Wisconsin ,If anyone needs one done give me a call I can get them flowed if the numbers are needed and ready to bolt on and help with new set ups

Re: Serious Inquires only!!!..... October 28, 2017 01:56AM
Dangerer what tractor do you pull and what results have you had? A man of your vast knowledge of pulling on what it takes to build a winner on a budget I have some questions about building a P pump and forging a compressor cover and wheel instead of buying. Thanks in Advance

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,561, Posts: 229,569, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,055, Posts: 225,833.

Our newest member BadHabit2