CAMPING AT TOMAH October 17, 2017 09:28AM
WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH TOMAH RAISING THERE CAMPING $50.00 MORE THIS YEAR. WHERE IS THIS GOING TO STOP. BEEN CAMPING THERE FOR OVER 25 YRS AND ALL THE PRICE DOES IS GO UP. THERE HAS BEEN NOTHING DONE TO IMPROVE THIS CAMPING FACILITY PLUS WE ARE RUNNING THE TRACTORS A SECTION SHORTER THIS YR.. THOUGHT???

Re: CAMPING AT TOMAH October 17, 2017 11:31AM
It looks like it went up $30 on the advanced pricing and $20 on the price after the new year. I like that they took out Sunday's pull, it will add more action to the other sessions and shorten wait time between pulls. It worked really well in Bowling Green this year. That means we can get up and leave Sunday morning for those traveling long distances. Back to the price increase though I do understand it. It's expense to run a pull of this magnitude and with how expensive pulling is getting it only makes sense. That's just my thoughts. Either way I will be going and cannot wait for the 2018 pulling season to come around. It will be a long wait.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: CAMPING AT TOMAH October 17, 2017 12:05PM
It's expensive to run a pull?? 22 bucks at the gate and they take a monstrous bite out of the concessions. Plus the tv rights, live streaming and merchandise. Sorry if my heart doesn't bleed for the NTPA. That pull has stuffed plenty of pockets up there for decades. This is just another money grab on their part. Can't wait to see how much they jack ticket prices to make up for cancelling Sunday. Ever stop and ask yourself why they quit listing the purse on the program ike they used too? It's because it hasn't gone up for @#$%& compared to the ticket prices and beer.

Re: CAMPING AT TOMAH October 17, 2017 12:20PM
You should look at going to Hillsboro instead. It's turning into a heck of a pull. If you're hell-bent on tomah shoot me your number and I can recommend a different camping spot that's right there.

Re: CAMPING AT TOMAH October 17, 2017 02:04PM
Well it's roughly $175,000 in purse money. Also, admissions are $24.00 a session, $44.00 for all day pass, and $110 for all sessions pass. The live streaming, tv rights, and merchandise goes to the NTPA not to any of the Tomah/Monroe Country chapters that help put on the show. Also, the board is the one that helps renovate, maintain the track, and keep updating the facility. That is where the camping, ticket, 50/50, etc. costs come into play.

But I do have to agree that Hillsboro is a top notch pull that keeps on growing. Highly recommend it to anyone that wants the best of the best. My heart just bleeds for pulling, it doesn't matter if it's NTPA, PPL, Outlaw, or a brush pull. I love them all.

Brent Yaron

Re: CAMPING AT TOMAH October 18, 2017 03:55AM
If the purse is $175k, that means it hasn't gone up in about 20 years. Good thing the price of pulling hasn't gone up either.

Re: CAMPING AT TOMAH October 18, 2017 01:40PM
Jeepers, gas was only .35 / gallon when I started driving!
Dang gas stations are swindling us!

Re: CAMPING AT TOMAH October 20, 2017 02:39AM
figure it out 22x3500=77000x5=385000$ just for admission no entry,beer food other concessions. maybe pullers should get payed better and farther back

Re: CAMPING AT TOMAH October 20, 2017 03:07AM
Sure, but then you have, paid staff (no it's not all voluntary), electricity, insurance, ground maintainance, rental equipment, sanitation expenses,advertising, sled rental ect. Putting on a pull of far more expensive than people think, if you actually think about the expense of camping there for the weekend it is very cheap considering you get electric sites if you wish .

Re: CAMPING AT TOMAH October 20, 2017 03:17AM
That's what I keep saying, it isn't cheap to put on a pull of this caliber. If you look at Hillsboro, they end up donating several thousand dollars when it's all set and done. If you are going to do the same logic as Mark, he should be donating hundred of thousands of dollars. It's not cheap folks.

Brent Yaron

Re: CAMPING AT TOMAH October 22, 2017 11:19AM
Don't like it don't go then!

Re: CAMPING AT TOMAH October 20, 2017 07:18AM
Mark is a little off on his numbers. Tomah says they get at least 60,000 fans a year. That's $1,440,000 just at the gate. Now explain why the purse hasn't changed in 20 years?

Re: CAMPING AT TOMAH October 22, 2017 05:31AM
They get 40+ vehicles per class now WITHOUT raising the purse.
There's still room in their own pocket for more dough, that's why admission prices will keep going up!

Re: CAMPING AT TOMAH October 23, 2017 04:24AM
thats the point they shpuld be able to pay back farther to the competitors putting show on

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,576, Posts: 229,605, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,857.

Our newest member BadHabit2