What Have They Done Now?? November 06, 2017 10:17AM
This was posted on the NYTPA official FB Page a while ago--

"Ok there was a vote on Saturday November 4th that does effect the super stock class... Nobody will get into details on this vote... with that said nobody is saying it's for the better or worse for the class.. No matter how the super class is run it will effect the class.. It seems no matter what not everyone will be happy.. that's fact a membership vote took place it's done.. let's try to put differences aside and make the best for the future... Now to all the facebook people that voice their opinions when your not even a member you are more than welcome to join the club at any time. If not keep your bashing to yourself. Thank you."

Re: What Have They Done Now?? November 06, 2017 10:56AM
Dustin you should get off your high horse. If your pull wasn't a points pull no one would show up because of its @#$%& track. If I were you I wouldn't promote not booking any particular class. That class would probably send you a thank you note for not having them. P.S. maybe you can get your bff to bring his alcohol tractor with all his friends

Re: What Have They Done Now?? November 07, 2017 02:35AM
And the post has now been removed after numerous comments opposing the split....

I'm not sure how the membership can vote to split the class when they're averaging around 11 entries per event.

The question will be what class/classes will be sitting home at some events. Hard for a promoter to justify paying twice as much for the same class(tractors) they've had for years.

Why not table the motion until the next meeting where the entire membership can have the voice heard and vote count????

Re: What Have They Done Now?? November 07, 2017 03:15AM
Whoever runs that Facebook page doesn't like constructive criticism. Can't even post on there anymore. Time to get out and vote for new management.

Re: What Have They Done Now?? November 07, 2017 06:08AM
Rich,

It doesn't mean it's a good thing either. There may very well be some unintended consequences.

It's unfortunate it wasn't tabled until next month's meeting so everyone who has concerns could've been heard and their vote counted.

I also still do not understand how those voting could justify splitting the class when the class averaged around 11 entries per event.

I'm hopeful this doesn't hurt the Super Stock class or the organization.... I'm not optimistic.

Re: What Have They Done Now?? November 07, 2017 03:41AM
I was told that Rich Horton was trying to get them to table it BUT Dan Macdonald didn't accept that.

It doesn't have to be a bad thing November 07, 2017 04:38AM
well that is true. dan wanted me to be more specific. i was trying to get it tabled for couple reasons. the most important reason was for it to be in the minutes so people would see it and if they were concerned they could show up at the next meeting. but what people need to keep in mind is that everyone like eric says need to stay positive and we have plenty of time to get ALL tractors ready for the up and coming season. should be a good one. i would bet that some of the diesels that have been parked will be back out this year maybe even some of the alkies will be back around too

Re: What Have They Done Now?? November 07, 2017 07:27AM
Might of shot yourselves in the foot if promoters book the alkys and no diesels

Re: What Have They Done Now?? November 07, 2017 07:38AM
who would want to book a 1/2 of a class?????
if you would even call it 1/2
they just got rid of the SS class, not enough alcohols and if they want smoke they can book the SF.

good job
40 plus years up in smoke

Re: What Have They Done Now?? November 07, 2017 07:40AM
I'm good with that. when my kids grow up and if they play sports i want them to learn the difference between a check in the win or lose column. its called life. i agree i bet that all existing classes will get left home at some point, but if they want to go pulling that weekend the road can bring them to a different pull.

Re: What Have They Done Now?? November 07, 2017 09:55PM
Riddle me this Batman how does this help the organization?
Because if you're going to say by offering more classes, that does not make sense to me.
To offer more classes they have to be quality classes... 4 to 6 tractors does not a quality show make.
Ppl does not even offer a SS class so I hope you Robin are not listening to them.
Somebody better call the commissioner of Gotham City because the Joker is running wild

Re: What Have They Done Now?? November 08, 2017 02:19AM
Rich...what is the reasoning behind the split? Seems to me some guys aren't happy with being competitive against the alky's???? Isn't that part of life???

Re: What Have They Done Now?? November 08, 2017 03:35AM
Doesn't everyone think about being a national competitor. If they are splitting the class on a national it must be the right thing. Way I see it is the alkys need to get off the diesels back and support themselves. Too many of the NYTPA alkys break and can't seem to get back out on the track. One hit wonders

Re: What Have They Done Now?? November 08, 2017 04:23AM
the diesel guys are the ones that only hook twice a year, both at there home town pull. how come everyone else in the pulling world can figure the rules out but these bunch of selfless pullers can;t seem to do it....

Re: What Have They Done Now?? November 08, 2017 05:17AM
Are you talking the entire diesel class? Or Pro Stocks? Or Diesel Super Stocks?

If we're going to bring up National classes then maybe the NYTPA membership should look at making a pro stock class and leaving the Super Stock class as is. Seems to be plenty of pro stocks for their own class.....

I'm still waiting to hear what the reasoning was to split the Super Stock class....

Re: What Have They Done Now?? November 08, 2017 05:16AM
National PPL split the Diesel ss and the alcohol ss and were are the Diesel ss now
National PPL does not even have them in the rule book. yup maybe you are right kill off the diesel SS guys

NYTPA alkies brake and cant get back out on the track?

Yes Mr Rich what is the reason?

The big thing you are missing is the promoters must like the NYTPA SS class 20+ hooks.
I know if there is not a SS class I am not driving to a NYTPA show.

Re: What Have They Done Now?? November 08, 2017 06:11AM
Results from the 2017 NYTPA SuperStock Class

We provided 20 events, 17 were won by diesel superstocks, 3 were won by alcohol powered tractors. No events were won by a pro stock tractor.
Of those 20 events, there were 9 different winning drivers on 8 different tractors.
Largest number of competing diesel tractors at an event=12, the season average was 7.
Largest number of competing alcohol powered tractors at an event=5, the season average was 3.

I personally felt like the decision to split the class was a hasty one and possibly not well thought out by all of those who voted. In my opinion, fans want to watch tractors compete, they don't care much about what our rules are or if we all run the same fuel or not. They want numbers and competition. We pride ourselves as a club on putting on a timely and professional show, I hope we find a way to continue to make that happen.

Tim Davis, Rebel Red Pro Stock

Re: What Have They Done Now?? November 08, 2017 06:30AM
And a pro stock won the points championship.

Thanks for posting Tim. I couldn't agree more. I would've at the very least like to have seen the motion tabled until the next meeting. That way everyone could've been given the opportunity to have their opinion heard and their vote counted. This is a significant change not only for the Super Stock class but for the entire organization.

Tim any idea the reasoning why some want the class split? I don't understand how the membership can justify a split in the class when the average entries are low.

Congrats on your Championship... well deserved!!!

Re: What Have They Done Now?? November 08, 2017 11:01AM
I have not spoken directly with those in favor of the split as to what benefits they believe it will provide the club.

Re: What Have They Done Now?? November 08, 2017 12:17PM
I can't believe Someone really brought up the points champion. Really!!! I not picking on any of the top tractors in the super class. If it weren't for them they would have had even less tractors at the pulls. What did the club think was going to happen when they changed the vote of what the class wanted. Take a look at the top 4 or 5 tractors in the points this past year NONE of them have ever been in a points race before and ALL have pulled for years. Pretty simple. Club directors started a huge problem last April and they pissed off several not just one or two ( about 5 ). So not taking anything away from the super guys that finished well in points but let's face it they owe it all to the directors for pissing off the regulars. I would hate to see what the consequences would be of the club " decided to change their minds again ". After all last year was just over turning a class vote but this year it's a hole club vote. Everyone that can vote knows about the annual meeting and they chose not to go. I bet they all wish they where their last Saturday now. And congratulations to the points nuts guys because they did support the club to the fullest.

Re: What Have They Done Now?? November 08, 2017 01:10PM
I still haven't heard a reason for splitting the class.....or how they can justify splitting a class averaging 11 entries. Or a valid reason the motion wasn't tabled until the next meeting.

Again a vote of this significance should have been tabled so the entire membership could have been aware of the motion and had their voices heard and their vote count. Must be some were afraid of the outcome of those not in attendance were given notice of the motion.

Re: What Will They Do to Keep all SS competing together?? November 08, 2017 02:16PM
Tim Davis stated:
"In my opinion, fans want to watch tractors compete, they don't care much about what our rules are or if we all run the same fuel or not. They want numbers and competition. We pride ourselves as a club on putting on a timely and professional show, I hope we find a way to continue to make that happen."

I completely agree. Does not matter what sanctioning body, brush pull or any other pull is, what Tim stated, is the objective everywhere.

So why not continue to have NYTPA SS Diesel, SS Alky, Light SS and PS continue to compete together?
Yes, I know there are performance differences. That is the exact reason to have some rule alterations (call them handicaps if you prefer) in place.

You don't need to start laughing yet.
Be open minded enough to discover and learn from other organizations / states that do just such. And as a result, they put on a quality show.

1) USA East Smoker Series has offered SS Diesel, PS and SS alky's into the class. I believe, They have offered this competitive class the most years (decades) of anyone.
I have asked in the past, Why is it that other organizations cannot learn from the success of this series to offer something identical or very similar, elsewheres.

2) OSTPA SS class offers a big variation of SS and PS tractors in their SS class.

3) Wolverine Pullers SS Combo offers SSD, SSO, PS, Light PS, Lim PS, SF, Hot Farm, LSS all rolled into one class, competing for SS Combo class points & championship.

4) NTPA Region 2 HSS (Heavy Super Stock) offers diesel & alky to compete together.

Discover the rules and study them. Use them as a guideline to keep your NYTPA SS class together.

The biggest problem that has always plaqued NY pulling is the divisiveness from one end of the state to the other. It is long past time to overcome that big obstacle.

As far as the NYTPA SS diesels, even though I like watching them compete amongst themselves, in my opinion, none are even close to competing against the NTPA GN SSD's. The NY ones that have tried usually tie down the bottom end (mid pack at best) of the result sheet and go home with their tail limping.
And yet, I will openly state that regardless of a SSD's performance output, that is one very expensive class to build for and maintain the tractor. I commend every SSD competitor for attempting to do their best. And I will continue to enjoy watching you.

And yes, I like all of those above 4 stated 'combination' class pulls.

Re: What Have They Done Now?? December 09, 2017 09:58AM
well?

Re: What Have They Done Now?? December 09, 2017 01:54PM
Not to worry they just added another class. Omg. Idiots !!!

Re: What Have They Done Now?? December 10, 2017 04:10AM
From what I understand NYTPA now is offering to promoters
SS DIESEL CLASS
or
SS ALCOHOL CLASS
or
SS combination class were they all pull together like they have been for years.
A promoter may take any one or combination they like.
Makes me wonder what Greenwich will do.

Re: What Have They Done Now?? December 10, 2017 05:53AM
Why Greenwich. They r only one event on the schedule. What about all of them

Re: What Have They Done Now?? November 09, 2017 03:26AM
Look at the past person:

I should probably ignore your comments but I guess I'll defend myself and my team. My team has worked hard to get where we are and we plan to continue to improve. My team does not owe our points championship to the club directors. In the past the club directors had nothing to do with the fact that other family obligations kept us from attending the first 6 pulls of 2016, and we still finished 7th in points last year. The club directors had nothing to do with the improvements we made to our tractor prior to the start of the 2017 season. The club directors didn't put a new crankshaft in our tractor in the middle of the season when we had a rod bearing failure. The club directors didn't exclude any competitor and tell them they couldn't come pull in 2017. The club directors didn't break the tractors that missed pulls due to breakage and there were a lot more of them than there were tractors sitting home because the owner was mad.

Our club directors signed contracts for the SuperStock class to provide entertainment to fans at 20 events in a span of 58 days from July 20th to Sept. 15th. Our team did its best to provide that entertainment and this year it paid off with a championship, next year we may blow up at the first event. That's tractor pulling.

I'm not saying we have the best tractor, my budget hasn't allowed me to have a tractor that runs at that level and I admit that, in fact the results show we didn't win a pull all year. We did however at some point this season beat every other competitor in the class. My goal for the season was top 5 in points and we achieved that goal. I consider it a victory when we're within 30' of the Chain Reaction tractor or the Everman tractors, they are awesome pieces of machinery, that doesn't mean I want to create a class without them, I want to someday get to their level. Our goal at every event is be the best we can be and not make mistakes so when the top dog stumbles we are there in the mix of the top tractors.

Respectfully, Tim Davis, Rebel Red Pulling Team

Re: What Have They Done Now?? November 09, 2017 05:25AM
I started this thread because I had no idea what the NYTPA had done, except I read their post on FB and obviously they had done something big. But I want to comment to Tim Davis on his previous post. You are the 2017 NYTPA points champion and you and your team deserve every bit of the credit. There is no points champion on top of the standings of a major pulling organization that did not work extremely hard to get there. You are correct- you went out every time you could and put down the best pull possible. Some of those good runs is the tractor and the horsepower you got it to produce on that particular run. Pure power is balanced with your hard work to keep it running and together for a long season. You did not mention driver skill, which I would say is essential to winning a championship. You and your team got the weights balanced for the track, found the best place to place the sled, and on that tractor as a driver you put it all together to get Rebel Red down the track into contention. I spent many years in eastern NY watching NYTPA, but moving to western NY several years ago I only got to see an NYTPA pull and your tractor one time this year, that was at Hemlock. In a field of 9 (5 diesels and 4 alky tractors- wonder which class Hemlock fair will pick for next summer?) you put down a fantastic run finishing second, only beaten by Dave Everman's Alcohol tractor and beating Henry on his Diesel! I was sure I had never seen Rebel Red run as good as it did that night. Henry's Final Decision had an amazing year out here with ESP winning their Heavy Super Stock points title and you were ahead of him that night. Those 48 points were earned on your way to the championship. I may be only a fan but I (and many of us in the seats) do understand the difficulty to earn a points title and you did it and you earned it! Congratulations!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,578, Posts: 229,609, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,859.

Our newest member BadHabit2