More 1980's Photos posted December 02, 2017 01:44PM
Hutcherson's 4 engine 'Pig'; Banter & Engler 7 engine; '82 BG, '86 Hamburg. Newest postings are always the first ones a viewer sees.

Reminder: '81 BG was posted in May 2017, so you will see them between the 2016 and 2017 pulling seasons. That means, just keep scrolling farther down in your chronilogical date search.
We deliberatily did not list the actual date the photos were taken, otherwise they would be at the very bottom of 11 years of postings. Did not want to do that to keep it user friendly.

It is very time consuming and expensive to convert the film negatives to a digital format, which allows us to post these classic action pulling photos. Be nice to generate enough sales to help warrant this investment. Can order them on line, from a 4x6 print all the way up to a 24 x 36 poster.
Now is the time to order your favorite photos - old and current - to have in time for Christmas.

I have 6 notebooks full of pulling negatives from '77 to '92. (And many more from '93 to 2006. Went digital in '07 and they are still on my website.)
Popular events are:
New Hampshire: '83 Contoocook.
Vermont: '90 Essex Junction
New York: '80 thru '87, '91, '92 Syracuse, 83, 85, 86, 88 Horseheads, '81, 92 Hamburg, '83 Lowville.
Virginia: '82 Fisherville.
Ohio: '83 Wauseon & Tiffin.
Ontario: '77, 80, 87 Cayuga, '77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 89, 90 Twin Creek.
Who has interest of liking to see any of these posted? And you willing to possibly purchase some? If so, what pullers?

Much appreciate your recommendation to your friends - young and old - to the posted photos and if they also have interest in anything from the above 'probable' list.

Thank you so kindly Jake for continuing to host this very popular pulling site. And thank you to all the 'moderators' that also help to keep the site on the up & up.

www.DaveDannPhotos.com

Re: More 1980's Photos posted December 02, 2017 02:16PM
I would be interested in any photos of Rob Perotti, Wild Child Mod 4wd 53 Chevy if you have any. He pulled mostly in the northeast

Re: More 1980's Photos posted December 11, 2017 10:16AM
Mr Perotti,
I have contact with a photographer that covered some northeast pulling.
He recalled the Perotti name.
I will PM you his contact info.
Q.

Re: More 1980's Photos posted December 11, 2017 12:39PM
Thank you!!!!

Re: More 1980's Photos posted December 02, 2017 02:57PM
thanks for all the older photos,i view the 80s pics,lots of memories in them,seems like it was yesterday....

Re: More 1980's Photos posted December 03, 2017 01:54AM
Thanks for the 80's photo's nice to see some photo's of my father.

Re: More 1980's Photos posted December 09, 2017 04:55AM
Bump ahead for those that may not had seen this the past weekend.

Mr. Perotti, I think I do. Sounds like some January snow & cold work to dig deep into my photo arhives. Email me through my website to serve as a reminder for me. Be sure to include your phone number.

Patches and M Hayes, thank you. Yes, definitely seems like only a couple yesterday's ago.

Even More 1980's Photos posted December 09, 2017 01:35PM
Cayuga and Windsor, Ontario; Syracuse, NY plus inidividual photo of Utz, Grant and Grodi (first 6 engine Mod).

Mr. Peroti, while searching today for other 'archive' photos, I did not find any of your family's "Wild Child" in my old photo albums from '84 through '89 which is what www.pulling-reference.com lists for the dates. Also, in my old customer file card system, there is no Perotti card which most likely means I never sold any photos or even mailed any photo proofs, trying to generate a sale. Sorry. It does seem like a I do have a recollection of the unique FWD, though. If you know of what NTPA pulls were attended in that time frame, please let me know. I appreciate your interest.

www.DaveDannPhotos.com

Re: Even More 1980's Photos posted December 10, 2017 04:32AM
Dave , thanks for the Cayuga 80 flashback. That was the first NTPA pull we ever competed at. Unfortunately poor performance kept us out of camera range.
Q.

Re: Even More 1980's Photos posted December 10, 2017 10:58AM
Really fun to look at your old photos of my dad from Windsor Ontario in 1980. It was a shoot out nearly every weekend in that 55 super class between Farmalls and the Cockshutts. And the Williams Brothers and their Farmall M's were always a hoot to watch. You never knew if they were gone to blow up or blow it out the gate.
Thanks for the memories Dave!
Wayne Stine

Re: More 1980's Photos posted December 09, 2017 02:19PM
Thanks Dave for the great pics of my father Bill Gabel and "Fathers Pride" as well as some of the all time greats in the LSS class including the stuoffers duetz , jerry vandorpe, terry woods, Dave ? Smoker & lil sparky! Henry piper , Voland /Lucas , Dennis brabec and some locals pallidinos 88, Gary Giles ,jimmy meeder which was Coleman Wheatley old Delaware ether eater, bill rockafeller, Charlie Sullivan's Irish rover , billy kirsches alcoholic mods , strangles moline and on ! Thanks again , ps we met at Langford and and I still pull Fathers Pride today !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2017 02:30PM by ACLLSS puller.

Re: More 1980's Photos posted December 11, 2017 01:16PM
Wally, Wayne and Mark, Thank you for the complements.
When I was at the photo lab today, I handed off another pile of film negatives to be digitized as New Year's work.
I think every name you guys mentioned are included in those negatives.
It is a combination of Grand National, NYTPA, Great Lakes TPA (Ontario & Michigan) and a few OSTPA pullers, meaning you will see many state pullers from the early '80's.

Wally, thanks for your help with the CTPA story. I trust you enjoyed the memories. Say 'hi' to Ben for me. Trust he has some really nice photos for Mr. Perotti.

Wayne, congratulations upon defending your LLSS National Tour championship. Yes, lots of good memories from back in the day. No doubt, it was interesting to see if Williams' Bros. 'M' was up for duty for the day. It certainly could make those 4 cylinders really hum! A few years ago at Charlotte, Dodge came up to me for a nice visit.

Mark, oh, yes, I certainly remember our pleasant 2015 Langford visit. Would love to get back there again. One of those names you listed will be an upcoming "the PULLER" Legends feature, once we can finally pinpoint an interview date. "Dave ? Smoker" I believe you are thinking of Dave Chrisman although he did not have a name on his sharp stock looking 180 diesel. He was very tough with an enviable GN record from '74 thru '89. "Lil' Sparky" 180 was his nearby nieighbor, Merrill Smith. Whatever happened to Pete Smith's 180D?

Preserving your pulling memories December 14, 2017 01:29PM
If wanting any photo enlargements in time for Christmas, need to have the order placed to me by Saturday Dec. 16 at Noon, at the latest.
Single photo order can be placed on my website.
Photo Collage order needs to be placed directly with me by contacting me.
Thank you and enjoy a Blessed Christmas.
www.DaveDannPhotos.com

Lots to review during the holidays December 23, 2017 03:04PM
Bump this ahead for those who would like to view (and study) lots of tractor & truck pulling photos during the holidays.
2007 thru 2017 all taken with a digital camera.
Early 1980's Photos scanned from the original Film to make a Digital Image are found in 2 locations:
First ones posted were in May 2017, so are sandwiched between the 2016 and 2017 pulling season. Just scroll further down in the 'View More' selection at bottom of my website page.
Latest batch posted are the first ones to appear.
Have more early '80's at the photo lab to get converted in the New Year.
Enjoy reminescing.
I wish everyone a Blessed Christmas and a great start to the New Year.
www.DaveDannPhotos.com

Re: Lots to review during the holidays December 26, 2017 11:50PM
Always enjoy seeing what you uncover in your "vault". Keep up the great work. Dan

Dan Mayer

www.pulling-reference.com
Dedicated to Preserving the History of Tractor & Truck Pulling

More 1981 posted February 10, 2018 08:15AM
Just posted a bunch of 1981 State (NYTPA, CTPA), Region 1 and GN pulls.

Some vehicles you may have never seen before. Many you likely know at the GN, at Hamburg, NY, a delightful prime afternoon for photographing.

Included is EJ Potter Allison W-24 at Mt. Pleasant, MI.

You will see between the 2016 and 2017 summer pulling events, a bunch of early '80's photos, too.

www.DaveDannPhotos.com

Re: More 1981 posted February 11, 2018 02:03AM
Dave I didn't know they had pulls in Appalachian NY. Neat. I'm about 30 miles south of there in Pa. Our 1st experience at seeing pulls was at the Harford Pa. fair in the mid 70's. A friend of mine George Kuback pulled a 5020 against the Blue Mule of the Snyders out of Tamagua Pa. They were the first Super Stocks I can remember. George pulled at Syracuse too but I don't know what year it was. I can't find any pictures of him with the original Super Moose. Good job Dave.

Re: More 1981 posted February 11, 2018 12:07PM
jd43, if I remember correctly, Apalachan (I have it spelled correctly now) was a very short term event. Think it may have been promoted by a/the local civic club(s).

I have 2 big rich black smoke column action photos, different angles on left side, of George's 5020 in 1975 at Angelica NY, a NYTPA event. I do not recall seeing him at Syracuse. His name is not listed in pulling-reference.com, unless his last name is spelled differently.

Re: More 1981 posted February 12, 2018 03:21AM
Looking at the Bowling Green mod's from 81 and 82 there is a turbo Allison with New York on the rear roll bar. Does anyone know any information on this tractor?

Re: More 1981 posted February 12, 2018 08:56AM
I believe that is a John Shaul tractor from Fultonham NY

Re: More 1981 posted February 12, 2018 09:59AM
A brown tractor with J&H on fuel tank? John Shaul and Harry Wychoff(sp) pulling team. They also had twin turbo
big block Chevy tractor in pics. Longhorn ?

Re: More 1981 posted February 13, 2018 01:41AM
OK Thanks. Just wanting to get some history on this as I believe it then went to Walsh's and then back to New York area for a period of time. I currently have it.

Dave Dann, Question Please February 13, 2018 02:20AM
Dave Dann. I saw a photo of my friends tractor which he is currently restoring in the 1981 Mt. Pleasant Michigan photos. It was called Ramblin Rose in the 7 Mod class, but before that it was The Leadfoot Express. I'm sure my friend Brad will be contacting you to buy the 1981 photo. Do you have any other photos of his tractor?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2018 12:56AM by One Sick Puppy.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,608, Posts: 229,662, Members: 3,324.
This forum: Topics: 37,062, Posts: 225,886.

Our newest member JD_8520