correct turbo for 2.5 puller December 11, 2017 02:14AM
I am new to pull-off great sight. I am looking to find the right turbo fitment for 2.5 truck class. i will purchase manifold upon fitment with the correct turbo. the motor i built is a 12 valve, machined marine 2 point compression drop ceramic coated pistons 5x.10 injector balanced rotating assembly (stock cam taking opinions too, non fly cut pistons) 60 over 60 seat pressure springs, industrial injection dragon fly 12mm maxed out, 5ks, lazer cut delivery valves 21 degrees timing. pump is dual feed fuel in front and side. everything studded. I am trying to pick a turbo charger, and exhaust manifold, but am lesser as knowledgeable on turbos, there is a whole different science to them and i have barely scratched surface. any help will be great full. live in SE Ohio, kind of lower in elevation. i apologize if this is not in the right posting place or if this is even the place to ask the question. haven't figured this sight out yet. Thanks

Re: correct turbo for 2.5 puller December 11, 2017 08:45AM
Where at in SE ohio are you?

Re: correct turbo for 2.5 puller December 11, 2017 12:25PM
Call Stainless Diesel in Middlebury, Indiana. They will have everything you need.

Re: correct turbo for 2.5 puller December 12, 2017 05:17AM
Is this going to be a street truck too or a pure puller?

Re: correct turbo for 2.5 puller December 12, 2017 03:34PM
Pure puller, sorry about not getting back with you @see’in red

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2017 03:36PM by mr.dodgeman.

Re: correct turbo for 2.5 puller December 11, 2017 01:26PM
Marietta Parkersburg area,

Re: correct turbo for 2.5 puller December 11, 2017 01:30PM
I suppose I will give them a try, they will at the least get me pointed in the right direction,

Re: correct turbo for 2.5 puller December 12, 2017 12:40AM
This is a great question Mr.dodgeman. I have been trying to find the right turbo for a couple years. Here's what I have learned from asking around. The cummins like a bigger exhaust side, like 3.4". I have also been told that Stainless Diesel is the place to go for a exhaust manifold, make sure to get a T-4 or T-6 foot. Engineered Diesel and Stainless Diesel have good 2.5" turbochargers. I run a tractor but I have asked truck guys about all this and that is the info that I'm sharing. And this is just my opinion, but you are going to want more timing and bigger injectors.

Re: correct turbo for 2.5 puller December 12, 2017 01:04AM
Thanks see'in Red that helps, i planed on a 5x .18 and would love to have an adjustable pump gear for on the fly tuning. but here is another question wich may be harder to awnser but the transmission i have is a 47re automatic. witch is no question of being capabe in handleing it. its extremely great transimission that a local high-ranked performnce shop built for me for pulling. but at the time i had it build to withstand 900hp, but would a 1900-2000 stall be to tight for a 2.5 class. for initial spool up? it is paired up with a full manual locking valvebody. im wandering if im going to have to sell the 2k and upgrade for higher stall.

Re: correct turbo for 2.5 puller December 12, 2017 03:19AM
You are going to want a higher stall converter. Something in the 2400-2600 RPM range. A 2000RPM stall with a big 2.5 charger you will not ever get it spool up. So yes I would sell your low stall or see if the place you got it from will restall it for you. I know a few shops that sell converters will offer to restall them for you one time at no cost you just have to cover shipping.

Re: correct turbo for 2.5 puller December 12, 2017 03:36PM
I wil have to give him a call and maybe work something out about stall range, and maybe he will give me a few pointers, a local puller found this in here and contacted me about haveing a turbo charger that I’m going to take into consideration is a stainless diesel 2.5 based charger

Re: correct turbo for 2.5 puller December 13, 2017 01:36AM
You might also consider D&J Precision Machine in Cambridge Ohio. They are pretty close to you and I'm sure Drew would be happy to help in any way he could. They can be found on facebook and on the web. Good Luck.

Re: correct turbo for 2.5 puller December 13, 2017 12:53PM
You could check with Jake westoven full pull tuning in stoutsville ohio .he had a very competitive 2.5 truck in cotpc

Re: correct turbo for 2.5 puller December 15, 2017 09:11AM
Check out Steed Speed exhaust manifolds. You will need injectors bigger than 5x18.

Re: correct turbo for 2.5 puller December 14, 2017 12:39AM
Ok i forgot a about d&j, what about exhaust manifolds, what would be a good exhaustmanifold. side question, is it legal to have a milled shelf and intake runner? or no in 2.5.

Re: correct turbo for 2.5 puller December 14, 2017 04:55AM
This all depends on what organization you're gonna be pulling with. Get a idea who you will be pulling mostly with and base your turbo off their rules. Depending on who you're pulling with you might be able to go with a 2.6sb charger. My 2.5 charger was built by JEB and it worked well. There is alot of different companies out there. I would give Josh at bluegrass diesel performance a call. He helped me out a bunch and got my setup running good. I currently have a small frame 2.5 charger forsale also btw.

Re: correct turbo for 2.5 puller December 14, 2017 02:02PM
Ok thanks a lot will for sure take into consideration, as far as local truck pulls I just want to make it were I can qualify and onside by rules, were as to if I place that’s great, but have pulled tractors all time and just love pulling and want to have fun but play by rules as closely as possible. But thanks for the info I will look into our rules and refs for around here or ask locals folks for some advice on that part.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,573, Posts: 229,599, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,057, Posts: 225,853.

Our newest member BadHabit2