Revered DSS January 23, 2018 02:07AM
As I was cruising through my Facebook newsfeed this morning I couldn’t help but notice that the van beeks have a go fund me page set up and this is the statement to go with it: “We are still looking for support so we can continue our mission to reach as many events as possible and maintaining a large online apparel store.” Can somebody tell me how a family that “owns” the outlaw pulling association and also owns what I would call a successful tire cutting business should receive any kind of monetary donation to help them run the outlaw pulling season and buy apparel? How wrong is this? Not to mention they’re going to donate their winnings....well let’s do some quick math, if they win every hook what would that amount to $15-17k? The go fund me goal is $25k.....let that sink in. Seems like a publicity stunt gone wrong......

Re: Revered DSS January 23, 2018 02:33AM
The goal of Revered Motorsports is to reach a large and loyal fan base dedicated to showing their support for this great Nation and help Veterans. Revered Motorsports is setup as a 501(c)4 Non Profit Organization with board members and advisory committee. I can see where you might think this is a stunt to get money to support our hobby but that couldn't be further from the truth. We are trying to raise awareness for Patriotism and at the same time support our troops by donating all profits from our merchandise sales and more back to Veteran Foundations. We want to have a large online merchandise store and with that cost money. So by someone donating $100 or whatever amount that allows us to keep expanding our merchandise store to gain profits to give back to Veteran foundations. Some people might say well why wouldn't I just donate my $100 to a Veteran Foundation instead of Revered Motorsports and that is completely fine. But the $100 donation to Revered Motorsports will buy approximately 10 t-shirts which in return will be sold for $20 so your $100 donation just turned into $200 and that is the goal. This is not a scam by any means I just want people to show their support for this great Nation and at the same time try helping Veterans. If you have any questions or would like to know more about it I am free to talk whenever.

Taylor Van Beek
Extreme Performance & Tire Cutting
712-470-1900
extremeperformancepulling@gmail.com

Re: Revered DSS January 23, 2018 02:47AM
I believe I was just the first one to donate.

I am a Veteran and I am a Pulling Fan.

Mark J. Ham

Ham Boyz Racing Toys

High Performance 1/64 Custom Creations, Photography, & Announcing

Re: Revered DSS January 23, 2018 06:08AM
Thank you for your service Mark! God Bless!

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Revered DSS January 27, 2018 02:30PM
$200 gross sales - $100 cost = $100 profit. In your explanation above you indicate you will be, "donating all profits from our merchandise sales and more back to Veteran Foundations". The key word you said was "profit". So there is still only a $100 donation in your example. Nothing has been gained by donating to your cause over donating $100 directly to a veterans organization. It did not turn into a $200 donation as you stated. And what other overhead costs (labor, shipping, etc.) will you consider before designating a profit?

Also, a $10 cost for a merch t-shirt is expensive. You should reconsider your supplier.

Re: Revered DSS January 27, 2018 02:48PM
What are you doing to help raise money for non profit organizations? Oh yeah, probably nothing. Either keep quite or be happy there are wonderful people in this world, and is this sport, that help support many different causes. Better yet, why don't you make a $100 donation to the non profit organization.

Brent Yaron

Re: Revered DSS January 30, 2018 06:27AM
Example - I donate $100. They buy 10 shirts. That $100 is now gone and anything the shirts sell for is pure profit (to Revered Motorsports that is). $20 x 10 shirts = $200. That $200 is then donated to a veteran foundation. So, instead of me donating $100 to an organization, with a little effort, $200 has now been donated. This is done all over the country every single day to raise money for charities.

Of course that assumes the customers pay for shipping, and I cant imagine them keeping anything for Labor.

Keep it up guys. I am eager to buy a shirt.

Re: Revered DSS January 30, 2018 06:53AM
To mathematician.....

So one person dontates $200 to a charity. With no one knowing about it. That charity still takes out their expenses too and advertising cost money.

1 person buys a t shirt at a pull and spends $20. That t shirt is seen walking around the pits and 20 more people ask where did you get that? And they go buy tshirts.

Now $420 has been spent and $210 donated. Now these 21 t shirts are seen and lets just say 1 person from those goes and buys a t shirt. That's another 21 t shirts bought etc etc.....

Another example.

I have tshirts for sale $20 and keep the profit.

Taylor has tshirts for sale $20 and gives $10 to charity.

Explain where the scam is? The first scenario we do all day at pulls and no one bats an eye. Taylor wants to give his profits to someone and all of a sudden its a scam. The consumer is out the $20 bucks and gets a shirt in both scenarios.

Please find something fun to do today so you can smile and maybe someone else will see that and put a smile on their face too.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

www.truck-specialties.com

Schaeffer Oil Representative

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2018 09:54AM by AV.

Re: Revered DSS January 31, 2018 02:28AM
There should be an aptitude test to be able to post on this forum because I bet there would be a lot less @#$%& on here

Re: Revered DSS January 23, 2018 07:42AM
Sounds like a great cause to me. If anyone were going to do a scam of some sort, they sure as heck aren't going to do it in such a public fashion with the name on the tractor and everything.

Re: Revered DSS January 23, 2018 10:07AM
I have known Kurt and Taylor over 15 years. You will not find a better person or family.....

Re: Revered DSS January 24, 2018 12:30PM
Ex Outlaw,

With the name you post, and the comments you made, there's something other than this Revered DSS that is under your skin.

If we heard your Paul Harvey's "the rest of the story", we'd see that if Revered gave you cash you'd find a problem to complain about.

You kneel for the National Anthem too?, or just at the outlaw pulls that you no longer attend because you're jealous about something they did to upset you?

Re: Revered DSS January 28, 2018 03:30PM
Nope nothing under my skin I just think that go fund me should be used for better causes than funding travel expenses and t shirts for a pulling tractor team. Some prime examples would be raising money for families that are going through hardships such as ill family members, house fires, car accidents where the primary earner in the household is put out of work, etc. and I do stand for the national anthem, didn’t have jealousy towards the revered dss and don’t pull outlaws because of favoritism....

Re: Revered DSS January 29, 2018 07:55AM
I've heard it all now. Pullers starting a go fund me page. I've always told my wife sell the shirt off my back before you get that desperate for money. That's embarrassing. Come on people it's not worth pulling if you can't afford it. Wake up.

Re: Revered DSS January 29, 2018 08:21AM
All right I guess some of you people either don't know me or understand my goal for Revered Motorsports. So let me try to clear this up one final time. The gofund me page is a way for people to donate to Revered Motorsports. Donations go to purchasing merchandise which in return we will sell for a profit to increase the amount given to Veteran based Foundations. If that seems like a scam then I will have no problem shutting down the gofund me page. Revered Motorsports will still be giving back ALL profits from our merchandise stores to better help serve Veterans. The Revered Super Stock will be completely funded by Extreme Performance just like it has been and always will be. I would not start a 501(c)4 Non Profit and put my name on the line for a scam or try raising money to go pulling nor do I need to. If I wanted to do that I would have just renamed the tractor and took in funds without starting a 501(c)4 Non Profit Organization. It took me 6 months to get all the paper work finalized to be filled for a 501(c)4 Non Profit Organization and in the state of Iowa that cost money and is highly regulated. Absolutely none of the money from any gofund me page or donations from any other sort will ever go into the Revered Super Stock tractor itself. I am trying to show my Patriotism and in return help Veterans and this sport. I will have no problem showing anyone that is interested the amount of donations taken in, merchandise sales, and our donations back to Veteran based Foundations. It is just pretty sad that when someone is trying to make a positive difference for this Nation and showing his support he gets bashed. I am free to talk about the Revered Motorsports to anyone who is in question or would like more information as it is something I am very passionate about. Hope this answers any concerns and God Bless.

Taylor Van Beek
Extreme Performance & Tire Cutting
712-470-1900
extremeperformancepulling@gmail.com

To Taylor Van Beek January 29, 2018 11:49AM
Taylor, when will shirts be available for purchase? I would love to get a shirt as soon as they are available!

Brent Yaron

Re: Revered DSS January 29, 2018 08:26AM
Ya’ll are missing the point here, they are running the tractor on their dime, donating all winnings and shirt sale profit, the go fund me is to acquire the shirts, which will be sold for a profit increasing the value of said shirt, then all money raised from them will be donated, if you think it’s a scam donate on your own, God forbid someone tries to do something decent in this country anymore!

Wow such hostility! January 30, 2018 03:23AM
First off , Taylor please do not stop your mission because of small thinkers! Some people's vision and minds are so fogged with jealousy and worrying about others affairs that they cannot see the very path that they travel.
Second of all, I encourage anyone who decides to put down your cause, to stop and think before they speak falsely or make slanderous remarks and accusations against you or anyone else as a matter of fact. There are laws to protect people and entities from these kinds of statements when the person being accused is not at fault of his accusers claims. So as Taylor has offered to share any information pertaining to his non profit organization, I encourage the naysayers to get the facts before they make these kinds of accusations. If in your investigation you find fraud or mishandled funds then I would get the authorities involved to deal with him as the law permits. Otherwise do as most of us have been taught when we were yongsters by our Mothers, "If you can't say something nice about someone, you should not say anything at all" God Bless USA
Don't give up Taylor I will be sending you at least 10 shirts worth!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,608, Posts: 229,663, Members: 3,324.
This forum: Topics: 37,062, Posts: 225,887.

Our newest member JD_8520