Outlaw Tentative Schedule January 29, 2018 03:50PM
18 sched

Jason Schultz
Call or Text 608 604 5068
Email jason@beermoneypullingteam.com
Beer Money Pulling Team Merchandise [beermoneypullingteam.com]

Re: Outlaw Tentative Schedule January 30, 2018 01:35AM
How the mighty has fallen. Just two new brush pulls in Bolivar & Gardner and a bunch of pulls left from last year. Iowa State Fair not going to happen either. Sad times for Outlaws!

Re: Outlaw Tentative Schedule January 30, 2018 01:49AM
The link below is a direct link to the excel file, so you don't have to search for it on Outlaws website.

2018 Outlaw Schedule

---

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2018 02:27AM by RYAN68.

Re: Outlaw Tentative Schedule January 30, 2018 01:59AM
Looks like a pretty good schedule to me. Except for the newer classes, every class has between 18 and 25 hooks. Sounds perfect to me. Looking forward to a fun summer

Re: Outlaw Tentative Schedule January 30, 2018 02:13AM
Those PS guys must be fast drivers to be in Warrensburg, MO and Hillsboro, OH the same night.

Re: Outlaw Tentative Schedule January 30, 2018 02:19AM
People always seem to ignore the word tentative, some things will change by the time summer comes.

Re: Outlaw Tentative Schedule January 30, 2018 02:22AM
I think Adam and Lori and the team put together a great schedule we did not loose any events from last year ,we picked up a couple of new events that fit into our schedule really well ,we could’ve picked up more but they did not fit our schedule for 18 and we will look at them again in 2019, and anyone who knows anything about the Iowa State fair knows that they are rebuilding in 2018 and the outlaws will be back at the Iowa State fair in 2019 at the new facility we look forward to it , It’s going to be a great summer of pulling

Re: Outlaw Tentative Schedule January 30, 2018 02:43AM
Didn't lose any! My first glance no Longdale, West Liberty, Colby that were on last year. At least 2 big associations left and PPL Western Series about to over take Outlaws.

Re: Outlaw Tentative Schedule January 30, 2018 03:03AM
Longdale didn’t happen last year yeah we had to step away from West liberty it was in the middle of the week and it didn’t fit our schedule and Colby Kansas we couldn’t find anyone to go along with it so to do what’s in the best interest of our pullers we decided to take that one off for 2018 but we did Add Onawa Iowa, Gardner Kansas and Bolivar Missouri , You don’t seem like you’re an outlaw puller anyway so probably nothing we can do whatever pleases you, we will always try to do what’s the best for our pullers and promoters

Re: Outlaw Tentative Schedule January 30, 2018 03:05AM
Kurt meant lose to those other organizations.

Longdale couldn't have a pull, just wasn't in the cards. These types of shows we need to pair up as well.

West Liberty was spending too much for what we could provide on their solo wed night. ECI will do great there and both will benefit from it. Thank you West Liberty for the past years and good luck in 18.

Colby - we couldn't provide them with what was needed to make a great show for them out there as a stand alone. We discussed with them we can make this work but another show needs to be along side them to get more pullers to travel. Colby understood and we want what's best for them as a promoter. We don't want them or any promoter to extend themselves too far. We want them to succeed. We have options and will revisit in 2019 again.

Thanks.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

www.truck-specialties.com

Schaeffer Oil Representative

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Re: Outlaw Tentative Schedule January 30, 2018 02:25AM
Schedule things to clear up for the debbie downers.

1st NTPA and PPL and Outlaws will all have changes from the previous year. I know they have lost pulls too. and gained some as well. Happens every year.

2nd Iowa State Fair can't have a pull do to construction. It's been covered many times

3rd The other pulls off the schedule from 17, either couldn't afford the Outlaw show or wanted to change up their fair and are having no pull at all. We wish all promoters well in 2018.

4th This is the earliest non inflated schedule has been released from Outlaws in a long time. I apologize if you were accustomed to filling the dates in with "pending" pulls to delete them later. I am trying to set expectations for pullers so they can accurately plan accordingly.

Schedule looks great and will be a fun summer, our current team can't take all the credit for the 18 schedule Roberts had a lot of this in motion already.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2018 02:30AM by AV.

Re: Outlaw Tentative Schedule January 30, 2018 03:00AM
Not the schedule they were flaunting at the fair conventions. I was looking for big things from Outlaws this year. That schedule had Faucette, Mo, June 8, Jackson, MN July14, Montgomery, MO July 20, Wichita, KS July 28 and Waterloo, IA Sept 15. Did these events all go away or what. Is Arlington, Gibbon, Mo State Fair, Spencer and Kansa State Fair going to be stand alone events?

Re: Outlaw Tentative Schedule January 30, 2018 03:18AM
I am not sure who you would be, but obviously not at the Nebraska or Iowa convention because all I had posted was our 17 schedule.

And we didn't have it in MO or TX or KS. So what fair convention would this have been posted at?

Those are all shows we are working with yet.

Working on someone to go with Arlington.

Weeping Water is with Gibbon

Spencer, and the Fairs are under contracts Roberts had them agree to. Like I said we can't take all the credit.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2018 03:25AM by AV.

Re: Outlaw Tentative Schedule January 30, 2018 06:19AM
You will find most of those events moved on to other associations. They are growing while Outlaws is going backwards on events and pullers.

Re: Outlaw Tentative Schedule January 30, 2018 08:39AM
The outlaws could have scheduled every pull in the country and all you cry babies would find something to complain about, if you don’t have anything better to do today get your planter ready for spring, get a job or go find some tissues to dry your eyes.

Re: Outlaw Tentative Schedule January 30, 2018 08:17AM
Looks like a decent schedule to me.

Re: Outlaw Tentative Schedule January 30, 2018 11:42AM
Maybe it won't be so hot at Warrensburg this year.Cool

To ; AV January 30, 2018 01:39PM
Congrats on getting Onawa back on the schedule!
Schedule looks pretty dang good!
Everyone needs their stuff in top shape to make that many hooks!
Hope ALL associations and clubs have an excellent summer!
Oh, I agree, ECI will do a good job for West Liberty!

Re: Outlaw Tentative Schedule January 31, 2018 02:49AM
Outlaws - Running a tractor pulling organization is interesting in that it can be both a lonely and fraternal experience.It’s lonely in the sense that no two pulling organizations are the same and there is virtually no model out there to follow or does it seem like any other organization ever wants to help another out. Every organization has to deal with a unique set of circumstances and factors that are specific to their organization. On the other hand, it’s fraternal in the sense that tractor pullers tend to stick together through the good and bad thick and thin and no matter what no matter how bad the outlook they come back to support their pulls year in and year out. The communal nature of tractor pulling is what keeps many organizations going when times get tough and the forecast begins to darken. Outlaws have seen it's fair share of ups and down over the past few decades. People tend to forget the past very fast though and focus to much on the present today. NO organization has the perfect model or all the answers to what it takes to make any one organization the best. Pulling it a tough sport that has many unique challenges. Outlaws over the years have been trying to move the sport forward through some very risky endeavors. Some of them over the years have paid great dividends while others have cost them a ton in lost revenue/financials. Through all of it they continue to find a way to continue their business and move forward. They have continued to get support from their membership. They always have had members step and contribute. A lot of that is do to the membership staying together, united and committed to an organization that they may or may not always believe has everything going in the right direction but at the same time they don't want to ruin what they have enjoyed supporting for many generations now. Regardless of what you or I think, I know that they are making changes and sort of restructuring everything maybe not for just this season, but for future seasons moving forward. Most people know that in order to go forward with anything you have to have a foundation to build off of. Every business has that foundation, that structure, that leadership team that works together to build from that foundation a model that their membership can support, buy into and grow from for many years ahead. Unfortunately, all models have to have correction. Financial markets have corrections all the time. Sometimes you have to have a sort of market correction, where you have to as a business change your focus, your structure or even your leadership team in order to move the thing forward in the future. That is basically what over the past few years and for sure this year is taking place in the Outlaw world. A market correction of sorts a refocus and sort of rebuilding of that base in which they are working from. When those things happen its no different than anyone starting from the beginning. Your going to obviously have a whole new set of challenges, your going to lose business, and your going to gain new business. If the model makes sense and the leadership is strong and confident in their message then in a very short amount of time everything will correct itself and eventually they will begin to build forward. Looking over that schedule and I certainly don't see any signs of the whole thing falling apart form what I see on that schedule. Lots of room for future opportunities moving forward. I am sure a few weekends off here and there come summer won't affect much. Should actually improve numbers in some cases. There are plenty of places for those that want to go get more hooks to go and hook on their off weekends. Truthfully, if you have a problem with that schedule then you probably also had problems with past schedules as well. It's not a easy task to put a schedule together, you work hard as an organization to give your pullers the most possible pulls and best travel schedule that you can possibly put together. NO matter what, there are going to be pulls that decide to pull out last minute, there are going to be dates that just don't work right, and there is going to be that one pull that one event that absolutely wants to book you no matter what and they don't care, if they are part of a sweep or are located five hours away from the nearest puller in any of your classes and that their pull is on a odd night of the week. So, guess what you book it because they love your product, the sport and they want to support what everyone on here loves doing. The consequences to the organization are peoples opinions and complaining will begin because of that one event, It to them is always about that one long trip they have to make to pull in a town that booked your show because they wanted to see a great show in their home town for a change instead of making the trip to someone else's hometown to watch the group they love the Outlaws pull. Pullers forget what it takes to make them great sometimes and what it takes to make this sport great sometimes. I have been there done that for longer then most on this site. Don't read into a schedule to much, its really just one part of what makes up an organization. Pulling is about the people: fans, pullers, families, kids, grandparents, mom's and dad's. Outlaws is about all the above and then some. They are fine and moving forward. I haven't been a part of their organization for a while, but I Know the people in charge are good people and have a lot of good business values and family values at heart. Adam, Kurt and Lori arent going to let this organization fail.SO jump off their backs and let them work. Kurt and Adam doesn't need to defend any of their decisions on pulloff. If anything they should be given praise for sticking with this whole thing so that everyone that as been involved with Outlaws for so many years has been given yet another year to enjoy OUTLAW pulling. Lots of good people and pullers in Outlaws! Their show will get better and their product will improve going forward.

Kurt Schanou
402-981-4182

Re: Outlaw Tentative Schedule January 31, 2018 03:24AM
Paragraphs are your friend. Good points.

Re: Outlaw Tentative Schedule January 31, 2018 08:02AM
Thank you for all the facebook messages, friend request, and text this afternoon. I didn't realize that my phone would blow up like a firework after this. Thanks for all the advice on how to write a paragraph as well lol. In my defense, I wrote this quick and I apologize for it not being pretty. Thanks for being concerned about my abilities to type and also thank you to the person that thought Doug Roberts was using my name to write this Smiling. That made me laugh pretty hard. Pulling is one big family and the comments that have come across this afternoon have proved that. Not needed, but appreciated.

Re: Outlaw Tentative Schedule January 31, 2018 10:00AM
Kurt,
You don’t see very many people using paragraphs on here so I wouldn’t be too worried about that! I can tell from talking to you that you love the sport of Tractor Pulling and that shows by your post on here! You’re right pulling is a family sport! I’ve made so many lifelong friends because of the sport too! It’s pretty evident that not very many people make a living from pulling so it better be a fun, family oriented sport or hobby whatever you want to call it. Also the politics in pulling are completely out of control! It would be so awesome if everyone that’s fortunate enough to have the money to pull could all get along! I go pulling with a Outlaw Team but go watch Nebraska Bush or PPL pulls too. I enjoy both! See you in Lincoln

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,609, Posts: 229,664, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,063, Posts: 225,888.

Our newest member JD_8520