Saturday afternoon pro stocks February 17, 2018 07:59AM
I'm glad they added the 4th session of pro stocks. That was the absolute worst class of prostocks I've ever watched. I thought it was supposed to be prestige to make the nfms but after that the pro stock class seems to be just another pull open to all.

Re: Saturday afternoon pro stocks February 17, 2018 10:11AM
I agree it was very disappointing.

Re: Saturday afternoon pro stocks February 17, 2018 11:16AM
The quality of tractors was fine the track was terrible and sled was set too tight.

Re: Saturday afternoon pro stocks February 18, 2018 09:52AM
Quality of tractors for Saturday afternoon were questionable, almost like they set up the winner of afternoon noon. The winner didn't have anyone to pull against. Put that tractor on Friday night and it wouldn't have been on the top. Finals showed that with a 9th place finish.

Re: Saturday afternoon pro stocks February 18, 2018 10:52AM
Not real sure how you can say that the first place tractor on Saturday afternoon session was second in the grand national points last year and won both sessions at the winter nationals

Re: Saturday afternoon pro stocks February 18, 2018 11:34AM
Look at some results last summer, normally not a top 3 finisher, just another pre-comment tractor. So if you show up and hook to the sled you get your points. But that not what was said, just at the quality of Saturday afternoon class was questionable. No competition, easy win.

Re: Saturday afternoon pro stocks February 18, 2018 01:01PM
Saturday afternoon session had the potential to be a tough class of Pros. In my eyes the fairboard wanted to see the tractor from Overseas in the finals. It seems that after his pull everyone else had bouncing issues and no one was getting around him. Nothing against the competitor from overseas it just seems that sled was tampered with after his run. I do not believe this is a first time of sled setting change. Look at Saturday night two wheelers. Everyone has off nights but very unlikely competitors such as Nelsons and Longs end up 25ft. behind the leaders. Just seems very unlikely.

Re: Saturday afternoon pro stocks February 18, 2018 01:58PM
I agree with that as well

Re: Saturday afternoon pro stocks February 19, 2018 04:22AM
I'm not going to delete your post because I want to use it to make a point, but I will delete any similar posts. The page rules have been consistent for just over 20 years and if you're going to accuse someone of cheating you need to put your name and contact info on your post.

In your post you're accusing Vaughn Bauer or Mike Witt of changing the sled settings and that's no different than getting on here and accusing a competitor of cheating. I'm not saying sled setting have never changed at some events mid-class, but if you're going to make specific accusations like that you're going to put your name on it and stand behind it or I'll simply delete your post.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Saturday afternoon pro stocks February 19, 2018 05:19AM
To change any trip location, this has to be done outside of the sled inside of the rail

To change box gear setting, one has to crawl under the cab to change gears

If the operator would apply the brake, the red light would go on

With that all said, how is the operator changing from one puller to the other?

As the saying goes: You must be a special kind of stupid.....just saying

Re: Saturday afternoon pro stocks February 19, 2018 06:50AM
I'm not a sled expert, but I'm fairly sure there are plenty of things that can currently be done in the cab if a sled operator really wanted to cheat.
  • First, to change gears they don't need to climb under anything. I've seen thousands of sled setting changes at pulls and the operator never left his seat in the cab. He simply shifted gears in the cab.
  • Second, do you think it would be difficult to put a switch to interrupt the brake lights to keep them off? I could wire that up in about 30 seconds and hide it wherever I wanted. When it comes time for sled inspection it could simply be removed and spliced back together, if hidden well enough it wouldn't even need to be removed.
  • Third, the box has a clutch that can be slipped for a split second at any time during the run. Have you ever watched them test the sled with the big articulating tractors before a session starts? They stop the box on the rails where ever they want. They also don't drop the pan when they make those sled test passes. I don't see the operator getting out of the cab to make those changes either.
Yes, they do get out of the cab to move the trip, but that's about it except to add weights. The trip is a pretty antiquated system and that could easily be done from inside the cab too if they wanted to simply modify their current setup. If a sled operator wanted to cheat he could easily rig up ways to manually control every single aspect of the sled from inside the cab. The capability is there.

Do sled operators cheat? The vast majority probably don't but I bet there are some out there that do, or have, for one reason or another.

Personally I'd like to see sleds have data loggers that record every aspect of every run. I'd also like to have sleds have the ability to monitor things like box movement to make sure that the sled is functioning properly. If the data logger saw a faulty it would be much quicker at pulling the kill switch or alerting the sled operator than our current system. European sleds have some additional safety features and we are just lagging behind in that area. Heck, NTPA isn't even smart enough to use two hooks/secondary drawbar indoors yet!

As for Saturday's afternoon PS class... lots of guys missed their weight, and the track was pretty hard at that point in the day. The guys unhooking the class were loving it because there was almost no dirt in front of the sled so it made their job easier.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Saturday afternoon pro stocks February 19, 2018 07:26AM
Any of the things that you brought up can be chased back and proven. In the end, one has to trust the sled operator. The person that you are talking about is one of the most trusted operators in the states. His reputation is as good as there is.....In this world, sometimes that is all that you have and when it is questioned, it really really should bother you. IF it doesn't that may indicate the type of person that you are. Trust is the word of the game.....It seams that it is forgotten in pulling......honesty......

Re: Saturday afternoon pro stocks February 19, 2018 09:25AM
Jake Morgan
I'm not a sled expert, but I'm fairly sure there are plenty of things that can currently be done in the cab if a sled operator really wanted to cheat.
  • First, to change gears they don't need to climb under anything. I've seen thousands of sled setting changes at pulls and the operator never left his seat in the cab. He simply shifted gears in the cab.
  • Second, do you think it would be difficult to put a switch to interrupt the brake lights to keep them off? I could wire that up in about 30 seconds and hide it wherever I wanted. When it comes time for sled inspection it could simply be removed and spliced back together, if hidden well enough it wouldn't even need to be removed.
  • Third, the box has a clutch that can be slipped for a split second at any time during the run. Have you ever watched them test the sled with the big articulating tractors before a session starts? They stop the box on the rails where ever they want. They also don't drop the pan when they make those sled test passes. I don't see the operator getting out of the cab to make those changes either.
Yes, they do get out of the cab to move the trip, but that's about it except to add weights. The trip is a pretty antiquated system and that could easily be done from inside the cab too if they wanted to simply modify their current setup. If a sled operator wanted to cheat he could easily rig up ways to manually control every single aspect of the sled from inside the cab. The capability is there.

Do sled operators cheat? The vast majority probably don't but I bet there are some out there that do, or have, for one reason or another.

Personally I'd like to see sleds have data loggers that record every aspect of every run. I'd also like to have sleds have the ability to monitor things like box movement to make sure that the sled is functioning properly. If the data logger saw a faulty it would be much quicker at pulling the kill switch or alerting the sled operator than our current system. European sleds have some additional safety features and we are just lagging behind in that area. Heck, NTPA isn't even smart enough to use two hooks/secondary drawbar indoors yet!

As for Saturday's afternoon PS class... lots of guys missed their weight, and the track was pretty hard at that point in the day. The guys unhooking the class were loving it because there was almost no dirt in front of the sled so it made their job easier.

Ok Jake, I have to step in & shut this down before it gets out of hand... The facts I am about to give here apply to any Bauer, Bungart, or Love sled in North America.

#1, no gears can be changed in the cab in any of these sleds, the operator MUST GET OUT to change the gear in the profab 5 or 6 speed gearbox. He has to roll the box out to access the profab, he doesn't have to climb under the cab as the shifters are right at the front edge of the cab deck. If he crawls under the cab, he is changing the box stops in the rail that are set in different positions to control how far forward the box starts. The only controls in the cab in relation to the box driveline are the 2 speed rearend (front axle of the tandems) & the clutch. The 2 speed rears are setup to either be in neutral or engaged, they are spring loaded to neutral, and air pressure pushes the shift fork to the pre-selected side. (Outdoor slow gears are the high side of the 2 speed, the direct drive side. Inside fast gears are the low side, the under-drive side of the 2 speed.) There is no way to slip or change these gears during a class or a run down the track, if the low side kicks out, you get the Geared Green accident of 2015. The operator must get under the sled & spend about 20 minutes to change the shifter from high to low, it's not a quick process.

#2, the "clutch" in any level 8 sled is a Nexen model 100 air tooth clutch. They have 328 teeth on each side of the clutch disks, they are plumbed to run line pressure (75-125 psi) and there's also a check valve in the supply line to prevent the clutch from losing pressure. These clutches must be supplied with air to push together & lock up, then when the air is released, there are 18 small springs which push the clutch apart to disengage. The valve in the cab which controls this clutch is a positive "ON or OFF" valve, no way to change pressure. When the box tops out, the air pressure is released by a quick release valve & an air solenoid controlled by micro switches at the front of the sled. Theres also a safety kick-out cable which is pulled by the box topping out which physically pulls the control valve in the cab back to the "OFF" position. When there is a malfunction somewhere, the box either will not move at all, or when the box tops, the clutch won't release & the box chains break. These clutches physically CAN NOT SLIP! One night for an exhibition run I pulled the clutch out about 100 feet (which stopped the box from moving) and tried to re-engage the clutch about 200 feet... tore up my equipment for an exhibition hook, never done it again. There is no possible way to slip these clutches or change the speed at which the box travels once a run has began.

#3, the green light is hooked to a "normally open" air brake pressure switch on the clutch, so that the clutch must be supplied with air & the clutch engaged before the green light will illuminate. If for any reason the control valve in the cab is pulled back into the "OFF" position or the clutch loses air pressure, the green light should stop flashing. In the Geared Green accident, the 2 speed rearend kicked out of gear, with everything spinning the air shifter on the rearend does not have enough force to push the gears back together. (Just like missing a gear in a semi coasting down a hill) The clutch was still engaged, with air pressure, but the driveshaft going up to the clutch was not turning due to the 2 speed malfunction.

#4, If for any reason the operator applies the wheel brakes, applies the box brakes, drops the pan, or triggers the pushdown early, the red light is illuminated. This also trips a relay switch which will turn the green light off anytime the red light is powered. This is a safety feature that was established after the Geared Green accident.

#5, anytime you see a large 4wd tractor test pull the sled before a show & the box or pan are doing things they don't normally do during a competition run.... The operator will engage the clutch to start the box moving forward, once it has reached a certain point he will disengage the clutch & engage the box drive belt which allows the sled engine & drive transmission to power the box forward or backward. Usually the reason behind the 3-4 test pulls before a show is to not only test the sled, but typically the operator will manually drop the pan about 10-20 feet from taking off to allow the grouser bars to drag the track surface. By allowing the bars to cut the top 2-3 inches of the track, it prevents the first few pullers from pulling on a "virgin" track. It can also help the sled operator & track officials gauge track conditions for the first class as to how much of a load the test tractor can take. I made the mistake of topping the box on a front wheel assist Deere at Evansville IN last summer on a test pass like that & stopped the tractor dead in its tracks. Problem was I was setup for super farms to pull first & I knew the way I had the sled set should not have stopped that tractor...

I can't say much for Hager sleds or Nearpass or others as I am not familiar with them as much as Bauer, Bungart or Love sleds. But no sled operator that I know personally wants to screw any puller. Sure we all have "that guy" that we can't stand, but we're not going to jeopardize our business & reputation to cheat for any puller or vehicle. For anyone who does not know me, I operate the red General Tire Decision Maker sled for Richard Love, and if you ever see me at a pull & would like to know more about a sled, I will gladly show you inside the cab, under the side panels, anything you would like to see.

Re: Saturday afternoon pro stocks February 19, 2018 10:00AM
I've been working with sleds for 20 years now and I've never seen one yet that could change anything in the cab Jake brought up especially the gears. I don't know any of us that wouldn't be glad to let someone get up there and look for switches anywhere they want, as well as take a panel off and let you trace wires all you want. I fail to see how we have any motivation to cheat when we're trying to make a living at it. The consequences of getting caught would far outweigh any benefits of doing it. And getting caught in this day and age where every run is caught on video by somebody somewhere in the crowd would be too easy. I feel sorry for any operator dumb enough to try it.

Re: Saturday afternoon pro stocks February 19, 2018 11:17AM
Logan,

Thanks for clearing some things up and correcting me on somethings, I appreciate it. As I said, I'm not a sled expert. Thanks also for some additional background on the whole Geared Green incident, it's greatly appreciated. I also believe that there was nothing suspicious at all with the sleds at the farm show, I thought they were great sled settings all week with only a few minor exceptions. I think on one of those sled resets Vaughn had it perfect the first time and was asked to reset, then reset again and put right back to where Vaughn initially started. I'm in no way implying that Vaughn or any of the other major sled rental companies do anything dishonest in any way. Infact this branch of this thread on the page started because I was defending the results in Louisville.

I've only seen one time where I really questioned odd sled behaviour in all my years of watching pulls and it wasn't one of the big sleds that run the major national or state circuits today. It was before cell phone cameras and before all the scrutiny that operator have on them today.

In #4 of your response it seems as if a really dishonest sled operator could still make some minor electrical changes and bypass (open) the relay circuit and bypass (open) the brake light circuit and still apply the brakes. Please correct me if I'm wrong on that, but that seems like it's physically possible. Again, it would take a really dishonest operator was a premeditated motive to cheat and I don't suspect you'd see that on any reputable circuit or sled.

Again, I'm not saying ANY major sled is doing this, I'm simply saying that it's possible to cheat. Since I'm no sled expert I'm sure there are ways to cheat that I haven't thought of. There are always ways to cheat. As the Super Farm class proves, even the most minor cheating can have a huge impact. Again, I don't think any major sleds are doing anything dishonest but I think the potential is there.

Thanks again Logan for the great info.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Saturday afternoon pro stocks February 20, 2018 04:03AM
Jake Morgan
Logan,

Thanks for clearing some things up and correcting me on somethings, I appreciate it. As I said, I'm not a sled expert. Thanks also for some additional background on the whole Geared Green incident, it's greatly appreciated. I also believe that there was nothing suspicious at all with the sleds at the farm show, I thought they were great sled settings all week with only a few minor exceptions. I think on one of those sled resets Vaughn had it perfect the first time and was asked to reset, then reset again and put right back to where Vaughn initially started. I'm in no way implying that Vaughn or any of the other major sled rental companies do anything dishonest in any way. Infact this branch of this thread on the page started because I was defending the results in Louisville.

I've only seen one time where I really questioned odd sled behaviour in all my years of watching pulls and it wasn't one of the big sleds that run the major national or state circuits today. It was before cell phone cameras and before all the scrutiny that operator have on them today.

In #4 of your response it seems as if a really dishonest sled operator could still make some minor electrical changes and bypass (open) the relay circuit and bypass (open) the brake light circuit and still apply the brakes. Please correct me if I'm wrong on that, but that seems like it's physically possible. Again, it would take a really dishonest operator was a premeditated motive to cheat and I don't suspect you'd see that on any reputable circuit or sled.

Again, I'm not saying ANY major sled is doing this, I'm simply saying that it's possible to cheat. Since I'm no sled expert I'm sure there are ways to cheat that I haven't thought of. There are always ways to cheat. As the Super Farm class proves, even the most minor cheating can have a huge impact. Again, I don't think any major sleds are doing anything dishonest but I think the potential is there.

Thanks again Logan for the great info.

Yes Jake, I suppose it is possible for an operator to install a simple interrupting switch to keep the red light from coming on for brakes, pan drop etc... But as you said it would have to be done at home, on purpose, & then there would be a mysterious switch in the cab that anyone could ask "what does this switch do?".

The cell phone comment is very valid, anyone can prove if the box topped or pan drops in a different location. A mechanical issue with the wheel brakes on a certain sled at an indoor pull in TN a couple weeks ago was proven by a simple cell phone video. No sled operator is going to risk his reputation & his business when things can be so easily proven true or false.

Pushdown was explained very well by HP & operator. The accumulator is a 5 gallon, nitrogen charged, bladder type accumulator. These are used because the volume of oil & the pressure is exactly the same every run. Air pushdown systems can be very reliable as well, but I believe some of the roadblocks there are the cost of some of the components required for their use. I am not very familiar with the air systems for that.

As for the original purpose of this thread (Saturday afternoon pro stock class) I believe the European tractor just had the cards in his favor. The track was not as good as it had been the previous three days, Danny & crew most likely don't have the clock in their favor Saturday morning to get the track prepared the way they do the other days. So they give it their best shot & what you see is what you get, I could tell by the color of the dirt it was drier, therefore harder for both shows on Saturday. We've all seen less favorable track conditions where the most power does not take home the win...

Re: Saturday afternoon pro stocks August 27, 2018 12:59AM
Thanks Logan for the explanation very helpfull

Re: Saturday afternoon pro stocks February 19, 2018 11:07AM
Always wondered how the push down part of the sled worked? Is it hydraulic only ? Or is it air only ? Or a combination of both? The sleds sure are fast reacting now adays. Thanks in advance for you response.Thumbs Up

Re: Saturday afternoon pro stocks, to;? For logan February 19, 2018 12:42PM
The push down is triggered by an electric switch,,,,,
The actual push down is hydraulic.
There are charged accumulators REAL close to the push down cylinders to assist in filling the cylinders quickly.

Re: Saturday afternoon pro stocks, to;? For logan February 19, 2018 01:05PM
Any of the Bauer type and many others use an accumulator. It's precharged and when the box tops one of the switches it trips opens a valve and lets the fluid out to the cylinders. When the pan is picked up it pushes the fluid back in the accumulator creating a closed loop. Some do use airbags but they're not as common because it's hard to get enough pressure with them.

Re: Saturday afternoon pro stocks August 28, 2018 02:20AM
So if your #4 statement is correct if the sled operator did something to help/hinder a competitors run the red lights would come on on the sled, granted it is working properly?

Re: Saturday afternoon pro stocks August 28, 2018 02:32PM
A sled opertaor would have to be out of correct mind to do something inside of the sled that would turn red lights on on a pass without there being a problem. and not acnowlegdge it, cant see an operator being that neglative.

Re: Saturday afternoon pro stocks September 05, 2018 06:58AM
Who would be to do anything about it anyway if they were to do such a thing?

Re: Saturday afternoon pro stocks November 11, 2018 03:48AM
Did the general tire sled sell?

Re: Saturday afternoon pro stocks November 11, 2018 05:49AM
I was told no

Re: Saturday afternoon pro stocks June 12, 2019 04:23PM
No input here?

Re: Saturday afternoon pro stocks February 19, 2018 05:22AM
So squeak, a bouncing issue is caused by sled settings? Since when? Bouncing the tractor down the track comes from the setup. I would say they missed the weight placement on their tractors and probably had too many horsepower for the track conditions. My guess is the European tractor with less horsepower was able to hook his tractor to the track better than the other guys. From what I remember of his pass, it was very smooth too. There was also a tractor that pulled after him that got past him so your theory doesn't hold water very well.

Re: Saturday afternoon pro stocks February 19, 2018 01:12PM
all I will say is that all humans are tempted in many ways,in my humble opinion,sled operators are human,just ask most any puller around the country,most have a story about an incident where alleged tampering was apparent,either witnessed personally or from a shared experience.Pulling is not a perfect science,but sometimes things look and feel very "FISHY". I personally have had it done,brakes,hydraulics set differently and where the sled was impossible to even move, ___ with the operator setting in the cab with a Cheshire Cat smile, just saying !!!!!!!!!! Many close friends have witnessed and experienced the same.Also have seen posts addressing the same issues.Not bad mouthing anyone,any sled,have hooked hundreds of times around the country,over all pulling is fun and fair,great sport,great people and friends,but sometimes humans will be humans,-- IE' the Garden of Eden,temptations happen. Not all sleds are WORLD CLASS 8 MACHINES,some brush pulls have sleds that are a mechanics nightmare,*hit happens.

Re: Saturday afternoon pro stocks February 21, 2018 08:56PM
I'd have to disagree with you. I've seen several times over the years where a sled operator has changed the settings on particular class and in-turn caused bouncing, . Whether that be weight, pan/box setting, etc...A sled certainly has the ability to cause a tractor to bounce...especially when settings are changed from a usual/consistent set up and the circumstance are right.

Re: Saturday afternoon pro stocks February 22, 2018 01:23AM
Bouncing from sled setting most likely only if set very heavy from the get go..Most bouncing issues are clutches miss adjusted or not set properly.

Re: Saturday afternoon pro stocks February 24, 2018 02:35PM
Plum Krazy, yes clutch issues can cause bouncing, but on a pro stock where tires are spinning at a high speed I don't believe clutch adjustment is going to cause it. On a hot farm or farm stock I can see that being an issue. A weight could have helped fix the issue.

Watching the Pro stock class on Saturday afternoon I think there was a sled issue (Not saying anyone cheated, mechanical machines can have issues, maybe the pan trip slid causing pan to drop sooner?) After Mark Lawyer run there were still top tier Pros waiting to hook and none of them seem to be able to get up enough speed. I agree track was not favorable but I do not believe that there is a 20-30 feet difference between the winner and your pros that finish mid pack.

Squeak

Re: Saturday afternoon pro stocks February 24, 2018 04:21PM
Squeak The Buckeye Fan
Plum Krazy, yes clutch issues can cause bouncing, but on a pro stock where tires are spinning at a high speed I don't believe clutch adjustment is going to cause it.

Please excuse me for my ignorance but how can tires turn at high speed if a clutch is not adjusted right?

Re: Saturday afternoon pro stocks February 24, 2018 04:47PM
Crower style clutches can still hook up and go at full speed when incorrectly adjusted. For instance wrong number of weights on fingers which would be not adjusted correctly and cause bouncing on take off but still hook up and get full speed out of tires.

Re: Saturday afternoon pro stocks February 24, 2018 05:07PM
Squeak the Buckeye Fan
Crower style clutches can still hook up and go at full speed when incorrectly adjusted. For instance wrong number of weights on fingers which would be not adjusted correctly and cause bouncing on take off but still hook up and get full speed out of tires.

Ok so on a crower style clutch you are saying that it should still hook up no matter how it's adjusted?

Re: Saturday afternoon pro stocks February 25, 2018 03:38AM
Clutch can be slightly out of adjustment cause issues and still hook up or it can be way out of adjustment and not hook up. Depends on how far out of adjustment it is.

Re: Saturday afternoon pro stocks February 25, 2018 09:52AM
Squeak the Buckeye Fan
Clutch can be slightly out of adjustment cause issues and still hook up or it can be way out of adjustment and not hook up. Depends on how far out of adjustment it is.

Centrifugal clutch right? I have a crower pedal clutch and had that happen to me. Engaging and disengaging at about 200 feet and it would really bounce. It happened right after I put new discs in it. 4 disc and come to find out the new ones were just a hair thicker than the old ones were when they were new. That caused the throw out bearing not to have enough clearance when the clutch got some heat in it. The back of the bearing was actually hitting the fork. Increased the clearance on the fork and that took care of the problem. But man, it really did bounce!

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2018 10:03AM by Supertiquer.

Re: Saturday afternoon pro stocks February 25, 2018 11:12AM
I was always told to have at least 1" of clearance.

Re: Saturday afternoon pro stocks February 25, 2018 01:32PM
Usually about the width of a ruler between your floater plate an clutch disk.

Re: Saturday afternoon pro stocks February 22, 2018 03:43AM
And I'm sure track conditions have nothing to do with these instances of bouncing?

Re: Saturday afternoon pro stocks February 23, 2018 07:57PM
i know the track didnt have enough water in it for sat early session, and i would agree, the under horsepower european tractor im sure had a better hook because of it, the bigger pros couldnt do @#$%&! hook, unhook is all i saw. track was alot better wed -fri!

Re: Saturday afternoon pro stocks August 27, 2018 02:08AM
A lot of the bouncing comes from not enough weight on the front of pan at the beginning of a run . It seems to be the norm now to let the pan come a foot in the air when the tractor pulls out. This takes away the down pull on the rear and tractor spins wildly,engines over rev the driver has to back out of throttle , gets backin to keep turbo spooling then when the box gets forward enough to hold pan down and create traction the motor is at full power tires spinning hard the front goes straight up unloads the rear tires and your bouncing. This can all be helped with a simple nose weight on the sled

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,571, Posts: 229,596, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,057, Posts: 225,852.

Our newest member BadHabit2