4wd Diesel Trucks at Farm Show February 18, 2018 01:14PM
What was everyone's thoughts on diesel trucks at Farm Show this year. My opinion is could have been a decent class is sled was reset the after Schied coasted into sand, instead of pulling half the class twice. This is a great class outside but unfortunately they are just to big and bulky to get moved around inside. Time for a change.

Squeak

Re: 4wd Diesel Trucks at Farm Show February 18, 2018 02:34PM
I agree, I love watching them outside but they just don’t quite do it for me inside. I will say I think they put on a better show this year than past years.

And yes.... why the heck didn’t they reset the sled?! Really bad decision when it looked pretty obvious half the class was going get to the sand!

Re: 4wd Diesel Trucks at Farm Show February 19, 2018 02:37AM
I think that they are getting better at the indoor shows,the first year was a bit of a cluster but much better now. I don't think they are going anywhere any time soon as they sell Saturday afternoon tickets to a crowd that likely doesn't care about most other classes. I can tell you this much, the young diesel jockeys woke me up in my hotel room Saturday morning. We could hear them letting the Coal Roll on their way to the pull!

Re: 4wd Diesel Trucks at Farm Show February 20, 2018 04:01AM
The fundamental issue with SSDFWD pulling at NFMS is the length of the track. Those trucks don't get into it until 150-200'. Compare the runs at Cloverdale compared to NFMS. There's a noticeable difference in the show. If they get into it too early they blow the tires off and if they wait the sled gets too heavy too fast to build any momentum. If they put a little more weight in the box, bring the box out a bit to start to get the rear tires to set in and then bring the box up at a normal speed you might get a better show.

I think it's great they are there but the track length affects the show.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,561, Posts: 229,569, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,055, Posts: 225,833.

Our newest member BadHabit2