Importing tractor from Canada February 27, 2018 10:21AM
I belong to a snowmobile club that just purchased a used 1979 John Deere 5410 on snow tracks. Is there going to be duty to bring it into the USA? Any recomendations on a company to contact regarding trucking and importing it?
Can I go get it with my truck?

thanks

Re: Importing tractor from Canada February 27, 2018 11:32AM
Check with the folks on Ag Talk if you don't get any answers here. Lots of trucking folks there that seem to have knowledge about crossing the borders and moving equipment around. Good luck.

Re: Importing tractor from Canada February 27, 2018 02:23PM
The best answer is you need to phone the US Customs. That way, you know what the law and rules are that you need to abide by. You may even get your answer on their website.
Do your home work first before even thinking about going to get the purchase. You do not want to arrive at US Customs with your tractor and then have a multitude of surprises.

Re: Importing tractor from Canada February 27, 2018 02:28PM
And make sure it is very well cleaned off. They get picky if they see dirt coming from Canada to the US.

Re: Importing tractor from Canada February 27, 2018 10:59PM
If you get the tractor and need some help call us it is done every day 905 359 5902

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,608, Posts: 229,663, Members: 3,324.
This forum: Topics: 37,062, Posts: 225,887.

Our newest member JD_8520