This Saturday night - Logan County Cattleman`s Indoor Invitational (Russellville, KY) March 16, 2018 01:58AM
Tomorrow!!! Luke and I are ready for some pulling action! Come join us in Russellville...

Logan County Cattleman`s Indoor Invitational
Truck & Tractor Pull
Logan County Ag Center
Russellville, KY
Saturday, March 17th
5:00 PM CST

On March 17th the Logan County Ag Center will come to life at 5:00 PM (Saturday) with the sounds of horsepower filling the arena. This will the inaugural event for the Logan County Cattleman`s Indoor Invitational Truck & Tractor Pull. Saturday night there will be a power filled pull full of horsepower and excitement.

Logan County

Re: This Saturday night - Logan County Cattleman`s Indoor Invitational (Russellville, KY) March 17, 2018 03:48AM
Y’all streaming tonight?

Re: This Saturday night - Logan County Cattleman`s Indoor Invitational (Russellville, KY) March 18, 2018 01:16PM
Question is the LHF rules set in stone yet. Whats the rpm,s for the small engine,s?

Re: This Saturday night - Logan County Cattleman`s Indoor Invitational (Russellville, KY) March 18, 2018 02:26PM
I think it’s set at 3800 rpm

Re: This Saturday night - Logan County Cattleman`s Indoor Invitational (Russellville, KY) March 19, 2018 05:59AM
Good pull Saturday night in Russellville, KY at the Logan Co. Expo Center. it was a packed house, I heard 2200 in attendance. They started at 5pm local time and that was a good decision to get all the pulling done at a reasonable hour.

The vehicle count was good and I was impressed at the increased performance out of the Light Hot Farms with the changes they have made. Had some different color there too, waiting for that first Deere to come out.

The 8500 Pro Farm was really fun to watch. Pretty similar to the 8500 Limited Pros out west making good power and some of the best runs of the night.

Some LLSS took some wicked rides and put on a good show.

They have already decided to do it again in 2019, an excellent idea based on how this edition went.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: This Saturday night - Logan County Cattleman`s Indoor Invitational (Russellville, KY) March 20, 2018 01:02PM
Looks like the small cubes aint going to work in the light hot farm judging by the vidieo

Re: This Saturday night - Logan County Cattleman`s Indoor Invitational (Russellville, KY) March 20, 2018 01:35PM
That track is super tight and combined with being short it didn't help them any. They do just fine on a normal 320' track and spin out. You wouldn't believe me if I told you the horsepower that class is actually making.

Re: This Saturday night - Logan County Cattleman`s Indoor Invitational (Russellville, KY) March 20, 2018 01:51PM
Pretty sure the small cube Moline placed in top five at two of the three indoor pulls the LHF was at this winter. I say by end of year there will be more small cubes tractor than big.

Re: This Saturday night - Logan County Cattleman`s Indoor Invitational (Russellville, KY) March 21, 2018 08:18AM
There looks to be a huge power advantage between the big cubes and the small

Re: This Saturday night - Logan County Cattleman`s Indoor Invitational (Russellville, KY) March 21, 2018 11:00AM
each is capable of the same amount of power Winking

Re: This Saturday night - Logan County Cattleman`s Indoor Invitational (Russellville, KY) March 21, 2018 01:06PM
The horse power may be possible but the tourqe wont be there and thats what keeps on lugging,You can take a 300 horse 327 chevy engine put it in a ton truck then put a 300 horse 454 in another one hook them to a loaded goose neck and se which one can get up a big hill the fastest

Re: This Saturday night - Logan County Cattleman`s Indoor Invitational (Russellville, KY) March 22, 2018 12:04AM
I always enjoy your posts Lewis

Re: This Saturday night - Logan County Cattleman`s Indoor Invitational (Russellville, KY) March 22, 2018 03:38AM
Can someone please post the stupid rules for this class. The class is not even 3 years old and if I'm not mistaken the rules are already so much different from the original ones. This is what is wrong with pulling no one can leave the rules alone. Turbo, cubic inch, rpm limits pump limits.

Re: This Saturday night - Logan County Cattleman`s Indoor Invitational (Russellville, KY) March 22, 2018 06:03AM
“Like to know” the rules are listed below. We would be happy to answer any stupid questions you might have about this stupid class. Your exactly right, rules has changed and the reason being is because the original turbos would not hold up. The 3800 rpm is to accommodate for the small cube engines, this rule can be changed with 100% vote. Maybe they need more rpm, maybe they need less, we don’t know this yet because we are just recently getting the small cube motors in the class. Did you know everything about your tractor the first time you went down the track?

The 2018 KTPA rules for the 6000 LT Hot Farm class

6000lb Ky. LT Hot Farm

General Rules for 2018
1. Tractors in the class will represent any year sheet metal
2. Limited to a FVP (Fair Valley Performance) S300SX-E turbo 2.46 inlet, factory billet compressor wheel, enhanced compressor cover, 360 thrust bearing, 80mm inducer turbine wheel, 2.93” outlet, .91 exhaust housing. T4 Flange (FVP) part # PPT118-5 KY LT Hot Farm
3. P pumps, A pumps, or rotary allowed for all cubic inch engines, P pumps cannot exceed a P7100
4. 480 CID maximum cid, 1% variance. No decubing allowed to meet spec.
5. 0-399cid, 3800rpm 400-480cid, 3000rpm monitored by sensor (sensor part # isspro R8906). No splices in harness allowed from sensor point to plug at back of tractor. RPM on small cube engines is not locked in, Can be reviewed throughout the year with 100% vote
6. No water injection, no intercoolers or aftercoolers, no electronic injection engines.
7. OEM exhaust and intake manifolds only for engine series used. No recast heads No profab-style transmissions.
8. Diesel Fuel only; no pressurized power-adders (propane, nitrous, etc) of any kind allowed.
9. Front of tractor weights cannot measure beyond 13 feet of centerline of rear axle. All tractors must have front lifting device for towing
10. 18.4x38 tires maximum, any cut, radials allowed 18.4r or metric equivalent. 460/85 R38 or 480/80 R38.
11. Hitch can be no more than 20 inches in height, a minimum of 18 inches from centerline of rear axle.
12. No shifting up or down while in competition.
13. Drivers 14 years and older allowed. Any driver under 18 requires parental consent.
14. Data Loggers are allowed

Safety Rules
1. SFI approved steel flywheels and scatter blankets required.
2. Tie bars required.
3. Helmets and Fire Suits required, must have a fire extinguisher on-board mounted for quick access.
4. Roll cages, minimum 2-bar assemblies, high-back seat with 5-point harness required.
5. Guillotine Air Shut-off required. On-board fuel shut-off must be accessible from strapped-in position.
6. Deadman throttle required.
7. Wide front ends only.
8. Wheelie bars required, with 4x4 pads that are no more than 10 inches off ground. Wheelie bars must be able to support weight of tractor independently.
9. No hanging weights can extend beyond rear tire. Tractor must 200lbs moveable weight.
10. Side shields required
11. (2) 3/8ths bolts fitted in a cross pattern on exhaust side required.
12. 3/8 cable between cylinder 1 and 2 around the engine required. If engine has more than one head, it must have one cable per/head
13. A 0.060” thick or .120” thick aluminum must run between frame and under the harmonic balancer to prevent loss of harmonic balancer from tractor
14. Fenders must extend above top of tire.

Re: This Saturday night - Logan County Cattleman`s Indoor Invitational (Russellville, KY) March 22, 2018 04:28PM
Won't be long and they will allow water and intercoolers. Pretty sure the original rules said no Computers or Data loggers. Started out as a nice economic class. But already out of hand.

Re: This Saturday night - Logan County Cattleman`s Indoor Invitational (Russellville, KY) March 23, 2018 01:31AM
Papa John you are correct, it's a very beautiful tractor my only question is what do you think it took to build it for this economical class

Re: This Saturday night - Logan County Cattleman`s Indoor Invitational (Russellville, KY) March 23, 2018 02:16AM
The reason for the turbo change was explained above so you can refer back to that.
A data logger is a luxury that does not make horsepower. Dyno'ing takes care of that.
I sincerely doubt you will see intercoolers in this class and with the p pump probably no water either

Again sheet metal, paint and shiny wheels do nothing to make horsepower or get it hooked to the track, they are simply a choice made by the owner to get his vehicle to look however they see fit. To many of you complainers worry about things that have no affect on the outcome of the pull or who can or can't participate in a class.

Re: This Saturday night - Logan County Cattleman`s Indoor Invitational (Russellville, KY) March 23, 2018 02:46AM
These rules look like the 470 LLSS rule with a small charger and different tires and rpms.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2018 03:01AM by David Runkle(earls dream).

Re: This Saturday night - Logan County Cattleman`s Indoor Invitational (Russellville, KY) March 23, 2018 07:28AM
I personally like the class, the only problem it was supposed to be a starter class. A cheap class for someone to be able to start pulling. And it has quickly got away from that. I would like to see the original rules for the class to compare the difference. And if a data logger doesn't help you make horsepower why in the hell does everyone run one. It helps you be able to tune the engine if I'm not mistaken.

Re: This Saturday night - Logan County Cattleman`s Indoor Invitational (Russellville, KY) March 23, 2018 08:58AM
I to like the class and have followed wishing. I still think it is a or can be a economical class to build. Look at the change to P pump. Try to build a good A pump then come on here and see what P pumps are from someone in a higher class going to new pump. I think that rule change helped the economy part of it. I don't see water being used in this class. As far as data logger they don't produce Hp yes they help you get more just as does a Dyno. So do you tell they can't use a Dyno. Everything cost money in pulling some guys has as much in there hot antiques as some of these guys.

Re: This Saturday night - Logan County Cattleman`s Indoor Invitational (Russellville, KY) March 23, 2018 10:47AM
Original rules were 10 mm a pump those a pumps aren't so high priced like everybody says problem was when the pumps and or project tractors came up for sale they were 12 and 13 mm pumps hmmm......that's when the a pumps start getting expensive, that and multiple dyno runs is probably what was causing turbo issues

Re: This Saturday night - Logan County Cattleman`s Indoor Invitational (Russellville, KY) March 24, 2018 02:26AM
Red Hot. Tell me where the A pumps were for sale that came from the class that were bigger than a 10mm. Hmm. Also the dyno has nothing to do with the turbo failure. Call me anytime 12706221657. Im sure you know everything about this class. I love it how you guys hide behind a bull crap name on here. Be a man and post your real name.

Re: This Saturday night - Logan County Cattleman`s Indoor Invitational (Russellville, KY) March 24, 2018 03:07PM
Richard what mm p pump did the big motors go to wasnt the 10mm a pump and the p for the little engine suppose to help in equalizing the class does the small get to run bigger than the big engines, Theres a huge difference going from a 10mm to a 13 or 14 mm especially if big and small are now running the same turbo and pump

Re: This Saturday night - Logan County Cattleman`s Indoor Invitational (Russellville, KY) March 24, 2018 06:08PM
Lewis you better just stick with spark plugs lol

Re: This Saturday night - Logan County Cattleman`s Indoor Invitational (Russellville, KY) March 25, 2018 02:13AM
Probably so ,But the LHF is a good class with some nice looking tractors it would be great to see some locked in rules a small engine would be my choice to try since ive already got some good parts gathered up 3800 seams fine and may work but not less

Re: This Saturday night - Logan County Cattleman`s Indoor Invitational (Russellville, KY) March 25, 2018 05:53AM
Agreed it’s a good class. I like the smaller engine option also. I think a rules lock will come when they figure out what makes them the
Most competitive

Re: This Saturday night - Logan County Cattleman`s Indoor Invitational (Russellville, KY) March 25, 2018 06:55AM
Sounds like that would be a good place for the dyno to be put to use on the track there would be to many variables come into play were as 700 hp on the dyno is 700 hp not different tires., bad spots in the track; to much air pressure; oops wrong gear; last puller, first puller, track got better, got worse just a few things that come to mind.What do you think not so much Warm Crazy Mo up and throw the rpms to it until it hits 700 horses thats a sharp tractor ?

Re: This Saturday night - Logan County Cattleman`s Indoor Invitational (Russellville, KY) March 25, 2018 10:31AM
Lockem in then for two or three years so someone will no what to shoot for or go with 3500 what ever just something was the p pump changed on a trile learning basis that may have to go back to a

Re: This Saturday night - Logan County Cattleman`s Indoor Invitational (Russellville, KY) March 23, 2018 11:20AM
A data logger is not a luxury a seat cushin and tilt wheal is a luxury ,The A pump big motor P pump little motor was to help equel the big small issue to help level the playing field Rpms needs to be set the little engines needs to be locked in at 4000 or open to keep up yes on junk junk tracks the little engines can get in the top on a good track were it takes power the proof is in the above videos way under powered a short good track is were to judge hp not outside on a horse arena and a sling shot sled

Re: This Saturday night - Logan County Cattleman`s Indoor Invitational (Russellville, KY) March 23, 2018 12:00PM
You have some studying to do sorry to point this out to you. Either combination can and will be successful when the combo is right

Re: This Saturday night - Logan County Cattleman`s Indoor Invitational (Russellville, KY) March 23, 2018 12:32PM
This is still a just economical class to start out in. I have less money in this setup than building the 800+ 4cyl. setup. All I can say is there is still alot to gain in the small engine. We have not pushed the limits yet. Key word yet. Yes I hit way to high of gear for this track over the weekend so i think the out come would of been different but who really knows. Time will tell on rpm I don't think we are to far off running at 3800. I will say the Cummins love RPMs. We have did alot of testing more than alot of people knows in this class before rules was changed this year. We didn't change rules and hope for the best we tested and than changed. Being one of the newest tractor out and small cubes I have no regrets going in to this class.

Re: This Saturday night - Logan County Cattleman`s Indoor Invitational (Russellville, KY) March 22, 2018 04:19AM
Watching the light hot farm I wouldn't sell the small cube tractors out yet. They are the new kids on the block and still have bugs to work out. Plus the limit on turbo the small cubes will use that turbo more efficient. I know down in Murfreeboro the Moline was 2nd in class and 3rd in finals. I think in Russellville he picked a to high a gear for that track

Re: This Saturday night - Logan County Cattleman`s Indoor Invitational (Russellville, KY) March 22, 2018 08:42AM
Im at a stage with a tractor i could go ether way big engine little engine or back to the llss,Myself i would like to se some locked in rules of some kind i wouldnt want to build for 3800 and then get them yanked more would be okay but not less..I believe more people would feal better knowing exactly what there getting into befor making the big investment

Re: This Saturday night - Logan County Cattleman`s Indoor Invitational (Russellville, KY) March 22, 2018 10:59PM
I personally don't like the 1066 sheetmetal in that class ,,,,,,,,,, to me lite means small,,,,, 18.4 tires and big sheets ,,,,,,nah , I cant always remember names but the deep colored 560 is a beutifull piece of equipt !!!!!!!

Re: This Saturday night - Logan County Cattleman`s Indoor Invitational (Russellville, KY) March 23, 2018 02:26PM
I like this class and sold my last llss tractor with thoughts of building for this class,But i would like to se some definite locked in rules to make my choice 3500 rpm 3800, 4000 or what ever for the small engines Ive built five complete llss tractors and 6 engines for other people and a bunch of heads with three cummins heads in the shop now,The best i can figure in the price deference between a lhf and A llss is the price of the turbo and tires,a 4100 dollar llss turbo or a 1000 dollar lhf But the difference in the diesle fuel system cost over the cost of an alcohol system equals things out,some no such thing as a beginner class I have a 6.7 crank with 0,40 pistons for a 5.9 cummins for sale also a chassis set up for a cummins geared for either class 21,23,25.and 27gear ratios for llss junk the 25 and 27 if anyone would be interested in part or all and could finish 270 566 2901

Re: This Saturday night - Logan County Cattleman`s Indoor Invitational (Russellville, KY) March 25, 2018 01:29PM
I thought the rules were (supposed) locked in last winter, for 3 years. If you don't lock it in it will get out of control. I like the fact they allow p pumps, but I don't know how much a fair valley charger is but why not stick with a box charger. Well anyway somebody just lock the rules in.

Re: This Saturday night - Logan County Cattleman`s Indoor Invitational (Russellville, KY) March 25, 2018 02:32PM
I’ll try to explain for the 25th time. This class runs sanctioned with KTPA and every rule is locked in for 2018 with the exception of the rule for small engine RPM. It takes 100%. Vote of the paid ktpa class members to change it during the season. I foresee no changes in 2018. We are trying very hard to get the small engine rpm correct.
When the class started around 4 years ago we made some mistakes. This past winter at the Ktpa meeting we updated to try and make things better. This was done by all class members, folks that actually pull in the class As most all ktpa sanctioned classes, they can be looked at each winter by every paid ktpa class member. That’s not to say something will be changed every year. The rules are listed above. That’s the rules. I’ll be happy to try and talk with anyone that has questions. Call me 12706221657.

Lewis, you can call me. I cannot tell you what the small cube rpm number will definitely be. I think it’s very close. It’s close enough if you were serious about building you could. If we wasn’t trying hard to make things better, we could have just locked it in at the 3500. That’s the only reason it could be looked at. Ask the small cube guys that are actually running with us, I think they agree it’s close. Logan County pull was not an example to look at.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2018 02:34PM by Richard Taylor.

Re: This Saturday night - Logan County Cattleman`s Indoor Invitational (Russellville, KY) March 25, 2018 03:22PM
Logan County was a great example to show how under powered they were my chevette looks strong on ice ,Im with Lewis dyno one of the small engines

Re: This Saturday night - Logan County Cattleman`s Indoor Invitational (Russellville, KY) March 25, 2018 03:42PM
That track was 100 ft shorter than any they'll be on the rest of the year and probably tighter too. So I have to agree with Richard that it's not a good pull to tell how things are actually going to work. Get a few hooks in under normal conditions and then figure it out. In this situation I think they're correct to take their time and get it right instead of rushing into things and having a class all messed up because the rules got locked in too soon.

Re: This Saturday night - Logan County Cattleman`s Indoor Invitational (Russellville, KY) March 26, 2018 12:45AM
lookin in you don't have a tractor do you. Nor have you seen a 5.9 on the dyno before have you?

Re: This Saturday night - Logan County Cattleman`s Indoor Invitational (Russellville, KY) March 26, 2018 05:50AM
Lookin in you might already be with Lewis you make sentences about like him Eye Popping

Re: This Saturday night - Logan County Cattleman`s Indoor Invitational (Russellville, KY) March 26, 2018 06:09AM
Lewis is great at stiring up the pot and causing controversy. There are some folks that can see IP addresses and know where the comments come from
I wasn’t going to say this, but what the heck. We are just a bunch of red necks from southern Ky and really don’t care who likes us or not. I really hope Lewis takes his 327 small block and his chevette and plays in the llss class and not the LT Hot Farm. Lewis you understand the pump rule quit playing dumb. Read the rules!

Re: This Saturday night - Logan County Cattleman`s Indoor Invitational (Russellville, KY) March 26, 2018 06:57AM
You talk about playing dumb saying a short tight track ls not a good place to check horse power let's all pullers laugh together on that one how much power did the p pump make over the a Richard

Re: This Saturday night - Logan County Cattleman`s Indoor Invitational (Russellville, KY) March 26, 2018 07:33AM
Was my 327 /454 example dead on we're all rednecks around here that were redneck examples help out we all understand them dead on or not

Re: This Saturday night - Logan County Cattleman`s Indoor Invitational (Russellville, KY) March 26, 2018 08:08AM
Actually its not a test of horsepower on a short track. Its more of a test of torque. Which brings me to your analogy if both the 327 and the 454 are geared correctly it is quite likely they will arrive at the top of the hill at the same time. However if the 327 has tall gears it will lag behind Winking see how this could work out after all?

Re: This Saturday night - Logan County Cattleman`s Indoor Invitational (Russellville, KY) March 26, 2018 08:58AM
I apologize to everybody Donald Trump must be my Daddy we bothe piss everybody off all the time just trying to look out for the working mans best interest ,Mean wile Stupid me spouting oFF at the mouth with stupid questions AND didnt read over the rules when it plainly stated in rule number three then 10mm A pump was changed to the new P7100 16 mm P pump and i realize its none om my buisness how much HP difference there was between the A and P Im done and do apologize for my ignorance and stupidity and my bad spelling

Re: This Saturday night - Logan County Cattleman`s Indoor Invitational (Russellville, KY) March 26, 2018 09:06AM
Lewis if you are so negative on the small cube motors and think they won’t run with the larger cube motors then why in the heck are you even talking about the 3500 or 3800 rpm limit? One minute you say 3800 rpm is ok then under different usernames you say lock it in at 3500rpm? We all know you ain’t going to build @#$%&, but if I was as smart as you were I would definitely be working for NASA.You are way to smart to be letting all that knowledge go to waste. If I were you, I would take all your different user names you have on here and start another topic that reads “Lewis’s knowledge” and let you reply to yourself about how smart you are.

Lewis.s KNOWLEDGE March 26, 2018 11:19AM
Yes Lewis you have lots of knowledge and hidden talet.Only if you could have done better in spelling class you could have got that job a NASA everyone keeps recomending Thanks

Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,565, Posts: 229,582, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,056, Posts: 225,843.

Our newest member BadHabit2