Deere fans: NTPA SSD precommit list just got greener April 17, 2018 01:11PM
Just added the Olden Kryptonite and Jim Rand White Fawn to precommit list. Now, if they are running the circuit, I'd. hope they have new tractors and/or upgraded plumbing underneath the hood.

Re: Deere fans: NTPA SSD precommit list just got greener April 17, 2018 01:47PM
The more the merrier, do they run pretty hard?

Re: Deere fans: NTPA SSD precommit list just got greener April 17, 2018 02:47PM
sure is gonna be hard to run with the ross tractor and Travis. Were is red Horse tractor at this year ?

Re: Deere fans: NTPA SSD precommit list just got greener April 17, 2018 02:51PM
I’m sure they’ll be around, I don’t think they pre committed last year either but made all the hooks.

Re: Joke's on you April 18, 2018 09:56AM
So, you saying that you hope they have new tractors or updated plumbing wasn't a snarky comment? Because that's exactly how it came off to me when I read it.

Speaking of SSD Deeres April 18, 2018 05:12AM
Thought I read on either here or Fonda's board that Demers will be out even though he didn't precommit.

Does anyone know if the following will be out this year at any GN pulls?

Roger Peterson
Middletons Deere & Co
Gaetan Yelle Renegade Deere
Roy Metz (cannot remember the name of his diesel)
Tyler Boeckman(sp?)
Fred Hildebrand
Stanley Auen (Not positive, but is it correct Hildebrand and Auen are NOT legal in SSD due to overhead cams, but ARE legal on the Open/Unlimited SS if they ever chose to run it?)
Random ?- If the overhead cam thing is correct, why shouldn't a diesel be allowed to run one at the Grand Narional level? Shouldn't the highest level encourage innovation?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2018 06:11AM by The Original Michael.

Re: Speaking of SSD Deeres April 18, 2018 04:50PM
ohc was in the ss on grease burners in the 80s

Re: Speaking of SSD Deeres April 20, 2018 03:47PM
The Original Michael
Thought I read on either here or Fonda's board that Demers will be out even though he didn't precommit.

Does anyone know if the following will be out this year at any GN pulls?

Roger Peterson
Middletons Deere & Co
Gaetan Yelle Renegade Deere
Roy Metz (cannot remember the name of his diesel)
Tyler Boeckman(sp?)
Fred Hildebrand
Stanley Auen (Not positive, but is it correct Hildebrand and Auen are NOT legal in SSD due to overhead cams, but ARE legal on the Open/Unlimited SS if they ever chose to run it?)
Random ?- If the overhead cam thing is correct, why shouldn't a diesel be allowed to run one at the Grand Narional level? Shouldn't the highest level encourage innovation?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2018 10:04AM by NewGen4010.

Re: Speaking of SSD Deeres April 21, 2018 05:43AM
Who else is ready for the ground to warm up and put some crops in the ground?

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Deere fans: NTPA SSD precommit list just got greener April 18, 2018 05:45AM
Roy Metz is on the ppl list, and middleton’s Are going to run ostpa for points via Hogg Hastings at the Ashland county fair last September!

Re: Deere fans: NTPA SSD precommit list just got greener April 18, 2018 05:55AM
Roy Metz is on the ppl list with his light super crazy caous (Kuhn’s old get er done) but he still has the dss 6030 midlife crisis also, so we may see him here and there with both.

Re: Deere fans: NTPA SSD precommit list just got greener April 18, 2018 11:12AM
The crazy chaos tractor is committed in the Super Stock open class and the Git-r-done light super is Kuhns old tractor. I’m sure the mid life crisis DSS will be in the trailer too where it is practical

Re: Deere fans: NTPA SSD precommit list just got greener April 18, 2018 12:07PM
You are correct, I wasn’t aware he had another alcohol tractor I should pay closer attention.

Re: Deere fans: NTPA SSD precommit list just got greener April 19, 2018 01:04AM
There's really no reason to put Mid Life Crisis in the trailer, no place to hook it on the PPL circuit. And when there alcohol tractors break after the first hook who's gonna fix it for them?

Re: Deere fans: NTPA SSD precommit list just got greener April 19, 2018 04:09AM
Do You even have the slightest clue what you are talking about?

Re: Deere fans: NTPA SSD precommit list just got greener April 19, 2018 04:21AM
Major problem, you must not know Roy very well do you? Or, or it could be your trying to turn this into a bashing thread.

Re: Deere fans: NTPA SSD precommit list just got greener April 19, 2018 10:40AM
I don't think they are trying to go out there and compete for a points title, I think they are just trying the circuit out to see if it's something they would continue doing. I believe there goal is to make every pull and so how things go.

Re: Deere fans: NTPA SSD precommit list just got greener April 19, 2018 03:08PM
Your never gonna see Bockman or Vaske pullin NTPA..... just sayin

Re: Deere fans: NTPA SSD precommit list just got greener April 19, 2018 03:42PM
Never say never , Vaske may be involved with the outlaw organization now, but a few years back he did pull in Tomah, I don’t see it happening in the near future but things may once again change who knows ....

Re: Deere fans: NTPA SSD precommit list just got greener April 19, 2018 11:03PM
Is your tractor pre comited Michael or what are you running if not don't worry about someone changing there plumbing or just building another tractor cause most people apparently like you dont just have hundreds of thousands laying around like you

Re: Deere fans: NTPA SSD precommit list just got greener April 20, 2018 01:10AM
James
Is your tractor pre comited Michael or what are you running if not don't worry about someone changing there plumbing or just building another tractor cause most people apparently like you dont just have hundreds of thousands laying around like you

I hope you don't vote, James. Using your same logic, if you aren't running for congress, you shouldn't vote or have an opinion. This is a message board. The whole reason it exists is for people to talk about any and all topics related to pulling.

To imply that unless someone runs a precommitted SSD tractor, they should't express an opinion is silly. I bet you've never made a movie or owned a restaurant but wouldn't give a second thought about commenting about the movie or the food.

Regarding Olden and Rand specifically, when I said I hoped they were updating under the hood or getting new tractors, it wasn't intended as a slam as a couple folks may have intrepreted.

It was an acknowledgement of where they have pulled (Interstate with limited rules) compared to where they will be pulling (NTPA GN), and strictly from a competition aspect, they will need to upgrade their equipment to be competitive with Ross, Burge, Esdon and the rest. I hope they are able to hang with the big boys, but running the setup they're used to will put them 100 feet back. Not a slam, just an acknowledgement of the truth.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2018 01:21AM by The Original Michael.

Re: Deere fans: NTPA SSD precommit list just got greener April 20, 2018 11:44PM
Yea I never understood the Interstate class they ran in. It was sort of a miss mash as they never ran with other super stocks just with there own group. I guess I'll have to re look at their rules.

Re: Deere fans: NTPA SSD precommit list just got greener April 21, 2018 03:17AM
Why does everyone call pulling a hobby?when you get to the GN level, it's not just a hobby anymore. When you are literally spending millions of dollars, it isn't just a hobby. When you have pulls and promotions that make millions of dollars a year, it's not just a hobby anymore.

Re: Deere fans: NTPA SSD precommit list just got greener April 21, 2018 05:04AM
It's a hobby because you can't make a living tractor pulling like other motorsports.

Re: Deere fans: NTPA SSD precommit list just got greener April 20, 2018 11:55PM
I apologize Michael I didn't realise that pulling was like making a movie or owning a resuraunt oh wait it's not ANYTHING like those two are for people to make money and a living at. Witch you dont do in pulling it's called a HOBBY and something people just enjoy doing suprise suprise some pullers just enjoy going and playing somewher else just to change things up a little I've seen a naturally aspirated Minni rod hook a grand national do you think he was going to win no but I'm sure he had fun or he wouldn't have been there yes this is a message board but it pisses me off when people state there own opinion on what someone else has to do to there equipment to go pull somewhere if the want to be competitive it's called a family fun sport and $$$$ update this update that is completly killing it for 90 percent of competitors who just want to have fun

Re: Deere fans: NTPA SSD precommit list just got greener April 24, 2018 01:57PM
I am in the process of building a tractor for the class. The chassis is currently at Bob Barbee' s and the engine being built by Lemke. The plan is to have it out by next year and it will be built to run GN. With that being said I looked at the pre-comittment list and only seen 8 tractors on it which means 2 spots were left open. I thought what the hell let's sign kryptonite and the white fawn up. The plan this year is to just try it out and see what things are like,if we don't enjoy it then we won't come back. Also Kryptonite now has 3 chargers on it and the white fawn still only has 2. We know we aren't going to be at the top of the class and we are ok with that,again it's a trial error type of deal. Hopefully we make friends along the way and have fun. And to the onlooker yes we ran a mis mash class in interstate due to the lack of super stocks in our area. The class was intended to try to get more guys back into pulling supers and draw a few other 2 charger guys in the area and then grow the rules. It didn't work so now it's time to move on. The goal this year is to just make every pull and finish the season.

Re: Deere fans: NTPA SSD precommit list just got greener April 24, 2018 02:43PM
I always enjoy seeing new tractors. Hope you have fun this year and good luck with the new tractor build.

Keith Ford Photography
[www.facebook.com]
keithfordphotography.zenfolio.com

Re: Deere fans: NTPA SSD precommit list just got greener April 24, 2018 03:11PM
Best of luck this season! Can't wait to see you out there on the track.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Deere fans: NTPA SSD precommit list just got greener April 25, 2018 01:17AM
Mr Olden, I am excited to see your tractors in the circuit this year, even if they are green/white lol. The more the merrier. I will try to stop by and say hi when you come to Hutchinson Minnesota. It doesn't matter if its 1, 2, 3, 4 turbo's. what matters is having fun. having tractors at a pull putting on a show is whats makes me want to attend. thanks for putting in the effort. Have a safe and problem free pulling season.GrinningBeer

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,563, Posts: 229,576, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,055, Posts: 225,838.

Our newest member BadHabit2