Jet engines in pulling April 19, 2018 10:31AM
After the latest plane accident Napa should remove them from competition until metal fatigued addressed. What do you think!!!

Re: Jet engines in pulling April 19, 2018 11:15AM
No jets in pulling they turbines out of helicopters

Re: Jet engines in pulling April 19, 2018 09:03PM
So if one diesel or alky burner detonates? we ban em all?? I prefer to wait for the investigation to Finish?

Re: Jet engines in pulling April 19, 2018 11:51PM
I'd guess he meant NTPA and it autocorrected to napa.

Re: Jet engines in pulling April 20, 2018 12:11AM
Any turbine can have internal blade or component failure. As for a helicopter “jet” engine it is a gas turbine that runs a gearbox just as a “jet” engine on an airliner the gas turbine runs a gearbox connected to a high bypass fan rotor that you can see. I have seen failures from tailpipe to spinner on these Jet engines.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2018 12:22AM by ww.

Re: Jet engines in pulling April 20, 2018 01:06AM
So you want to ban them because they have a high speed turbine wheel that could explode and come out.....By your logic we need to ban all turbochargers too.

Re: Jet engines in pulling April 20, 2018 12:09PM
Ban those darn turbo's ! Ban the P and sigmas too. Ban those high priced puling tires. Heck ban anything over 466 cubes. Ban engines that can't be bought at an oem dealer. Ban all those high priced vendors too. Lets do some real pulling !

Re: Jet engines in pulling April 24, 2018 05:29AM
B hija
After the latest plane accident Napa should remove them from competition until metal fatigued addressed. What do you think!!!
I would guess that turbine engines are some of the safest in pulling. I'm pretty sure a quick look at some rule books mention some serious shielding rules for turbines. Not possible in aviation due to weight. The turbine is one power plant that is actually designed to operate at the speeds it see's on a pulling track. No others that i know of are.

Re: Jet engines in pulling April 24, 2018 06:21AM
I agree

Re: Jet engines in pulling April 28, 2018 02:59AM
The engine itself stayed contained. It was the cowling that came apart and did most of the damage. The two engines that are in question have 40,000 plus cycles on them. It is a metal fatigue ar the base of the fan blade that's has been the cause. It has happened to Southwest first because the planes are some of the heaviest used planes in the industry. They show more issues with planes than anyone else first because of this. But to give them some credit this was the first time a passenger had been killed while they have been in business.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,573, Posts: 229,599, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,057, Posts: 225,853.

Our newest member BadHabit2