Pulling Radio Network? April 23, 2018 04:46PM
Why happened to Pulling radio network? Falling out? I see a few left and moved on.....

Re: Pulling Radio Network? April 23, 2018 11:25PM
I think it went the way of the Titanic. Looked like there was a falling out at Louisville.

Re: Pulling Radio Network? April 24, 2018 07:40AM
So what happened in Louisville?

Re: Pulling Radio Network? April 24, 2018 10:13AM
To many bosses not enough workers. I
guy paying the bills.

Re: Pulling Radio Network? April 24, 2018 12:08PM
I could definitely see that! One major turn off was the shows, they want to promote the "PULLING" sport. I love that I would love to see the sport grow but when a lot of the shows talk about drinking it pushes us to look more like rednecks and less professional.

Re: Pulling Radio Network? April 24, 2018 12:28PM
Well, Just-Me, Sidetracked talk shows are that plus a lot of vulgar language. Yessiree, really promotes pulling. I listened to 3 of Sidetrack this year, which included the fallout with PRN. Trying to give them the benefit of doubt, I'm done listening to Sidetrack.

Re: Pulling Radio Network? & Pulling Podcasts April 25, 2018 02:13AM
Finished, this year has been very bad I agree. Previous years haven’t been that bad and their content was great, Charles is very knowledgeable probably one of the biggest fan boys of the sport and wants to see it grow... just not sure why the content has been so bad and extremely vulgar. That’s not a way to promote pulling, sure makes us look like knuckle dragging hillbillies.

Re: Pulling Radio Network? & Pulling Podcasts April 26, 2018 02:05PM
Criticisms noted. We never intended to produce a scripted, rose-colored glasses show. That exists out there from other sources and we don't begrudge them any of that. Our show philosophy as we have said many times is to have fun and replicate the same conversations had in shops over a beer every Friday night, the only difference is you know who says what. We are better behaved with guests out of respect for them and I guide you to our chats with Ken Veney and the Blagraves as examples. Also, our updates and postings will maintain that level. I keep myself very high level at the track announcing, this is an opportunity to step back into a commentator role (with the career risks that comes with that).

As far as my show prep, I promise to bring it harder. Content does win and my desire to build out the website, get prepared for UCC, and getting married this weekend have all been distractions from digging in. I will get back into doing that.

Thanks for giving us a shot. I can't ask any more than that.

CP

Re: Pulling Radio Network? & Pulling Podcasts April 27, 2018 02:57AM
Charles

I give you props for addressing the fans! Just was saying it seemed to get quite crude recently, but I understand the after pull beer talk.. just one show that I know sticks in my mind was I believe after the gordyville pull when Armstead went off about being criticized and used much profanity. Hey if you can’t take the criticism you just don’t need to be in a “public” role then. I understand you must take the good with the bad in criticism, most of the time you just take the good and let the @#$%& slide off, especially on forums.

I hope you didn’t take this negatively!

Re: Pulling Radio Network? & Pulling Podcasts April 27, 2018 04:27AM
Nope, I've been at this far too long to get bugged by much. I can always do better.

Re: Pulling Radio Network? & Pulling Podcasts April 27, 2018 04:35AM
Like I said you’ve had great content just had been a little more profanity than I prefer, wish I could get out to see you guys at a pull to compare! Have a great season

Re: Pulling Radio Network? & Pulling Podcasts April 27, 2018 05:28AM
Well, it has become a crutch replacing real content. I have some updating to do on the schedule page, but have a look. We may get near enough to you yet.

Listen to the UCC live feed, they'll be using our audio, too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2018 05:30AM by cpr.

Re: Pulling Radio Network? April 28, 2018 02:05AM
Its to bad it was enjoyable for awhile but like everyone said it turned into a party for that Ray guy and his buddys. He doesn't always have the best judgement on some things he says needs a better filter upstairs but good luck in the future

Re: Pulling Radio Network? April 28, 2018 05:13AM
Eric, you ended your post above with "I am taking a breather just to assess the true needs for media and myself."
Oh, really!? That sure is not the way it sounded from your statements on the Sidetracked broadcast of the PRN fallout.
At any rate, the best to you. I sure hope all of you clean up your public language!

Re: Pulling Radio Network? April 28, 2018 06:40AM
I am meaning that in a way that I may just stick to helping out some, or may go back full blown in the future or may quit all together, and if you go back there was no fall out just differences of opinion,

Eric Prewitt
The Prewitt Pulling Team
Public Relations for
The Pulling Radio Network

Re: Pulling Radio Network? April 30, 2018 02:19AM
Grubby you’re correct there is crude language at pulls that’s from the fans. When you’re promoting something and trying to make it grow you appeal to not only your audience but also you’re potential exposure when it seems trashy with the swearing you gain few fans. Obviously you’re not a business owner and never had to do marketing and promotions.

Re: Pulling Radio Network? April 30, 2018 03:12AM
As a matter of fact I do own my own business. And know a little bit about marketing as well. They don't swear in movies? How about television? Do you hear any swearing in music these days? There's nothing wrong with aiming your content at an older, adult audience. Why should all of pulling be aimed at the church crowd?

Re: Pulling Radio Network? April 28, 2018 04:32AM
Ok, going to reply to this, as everyone close knows I personally worked really hard to get this brand out there, and use it to bring up awareness of Pulling and put some stories out there. I want to thank each and every one of you that supported us for the support.
If it was mine, if I had of started this whole thing, we would still be going strong. Biggest down fall was pushing way too hard and burning ourselves out, with no return on investments we were putting in to this, there is a stopping point. I personally became a crew member on a Grand National 2wd Team and have enjoyed it tremendously and that puts me back to my roots. Who knows PRN May be back.I am taking a breather just to assess the true needs for media and myself.

Eric Prewitt
The Prewitt Pulling Team
Public Relations for
The Pulling Radio Network

Re: Pulling Radio Network? April 28, 2018 05:43AM
Funny to see everyone harping on swearing. Have you ever listened to the people at a tractor pull? I like the fact that these guys have fun and talk the way they do. At least it's real and not some fake crap.

Re: Pulling Radio Network? April 30, 2018 05:47AM
Thought PRN was " For Sale" is why people was quiting and pulling their own shows from it..
FAN69

Re: Pulling Radio Network? April 30, 2018 05:55AM
Lets be honest how many real listeners did they have? Not fake FB numbers but people that listened. 15, 150, 1500. What's real.

Re: Pulling Radio Network? April 30, 2018 02:00PM
Ive never got to listen at them live but ive went back to there old shows and never seen nothing more than how the real world operates at least theve tried. Its hard to make tractor pulling a rock and role concert.And ive known most of the guys for years a great bunch, Howard Cossel would have a hard time doing tractor pulls

Re: Pulling Radio Network? April 30, 2018 03:15PM
well I ain't howard Cosell but I think I can sell it to a whole bunch of folks time will tell.

Re: Pulling Radio Network? May 01, 2018 08:58AM
Old George next time were at the same pull that your were together i want to be a sit in with ya

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,578, Posts: 229,609, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,859.

Our newest member BadHabit2