Pulling Tracks ? June 07, 2018 03:04AM
Was at a recent tractor pull. The guy grading it left the holes where the previous tractor had pulled.

The holes were there all night. A Pro farm Tractor hit the holes & broke his front end.

Thank God he was not hurt.

#1 The track was very wet .. with a shiny look to it.
Is this common ?
Any where ?

Why do they dump a Fire Truck Full of water on a Track ?

Have see when they only grade the track & use water when they go across with the tractor leveler & packer..

Works Good .

Why can't the people doing the grading try that ??

Re: Pulling Tracks ? June 07, 2018 08:19AM
Why not volunteer to do the grading next year and then the crowd can enjoy a perfect show

Re: Pulling Tracks ? June 07, 2018 08:22AM
gonh, you should learn more about tracks before you open your pie hole,most are ignorant about maintaining a track,go watch,better yet pull and put up with crap.easy to see how some do a fine job.

Re: Pulling Tracks ? June 07, 2018 02:44PM
Billie thanks for the nice comment . You seem very smart and probably know how to build a track and maintain one. Very nice as do i. I am currently building a fourth facility for a fair we put one nine different venues through out the season we pull both hot farm and antique and just finished building a hot farm for another puller. Myself and two others have started our own organization which is proving to be successful. And we campaign our own self propelled sled which originally came from richard love. So billie thanks for the advice im trying to learn . And i love tri berry pie. Biggest problem at fairs is no pie and lack of volunteers. Thanks

Re: Pulling Tracks ? June 07, 2018 10:51PM
Why would you prefer tri-berry pie over a regular one fruit pie like apple or pumpkin. Too many fruits make the pie too fruity. Unless you like that sort of thing.

I agree on everything else.

Re: Pulling Tracks ? June 08, 2018 01:18AM
Apple is good as is pumpkin on thanksgiving day in the fall. A favorite though it is not pie is cherry cheese cake. Not the gross store bought but home made with graham crumbs. My mother use to make a mean cheese cake cherry or blue berry but then she started baking healthy and now it kind of sucks. A nice lemon merangie pie ranks up there as well with apple. I know my spelling is wrong but i think you know what i mean. Worst thing for a pull is bad food followed by the poor track. In my opinion you can have a not the greatest pull but if the crowd had a good meal and a warm or a cold drink in their hand they will usually go home happy thanks again.

Re: Pulling Tracks ? June 07, 2018 08:55AM
i spend many hiurs every season on a track dr,keeping a track flat,level side to side,watered with the moisture content during a half hour or longer class,making holes not visible,and any other scenarios is impossible.noone can,some are very good,many are not.anyone that claims to accomplish those task I'd love to meet

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,565, Posts: 229,582, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,056, Posts: 225,843.

Our newest member BadHabit2