Shut off valve June 19, 2018 07:27AM
Has anyone found a place to purchase a cable operated 3 way fuel shut off valve that doesn't cost 250 bucks? I'm totally striking out.

Re: Shut off valve June 19, 2018 08:13AM
Just build it out a brass 3 way valve. Reasonably priced and can make it look nice

Re: Shut off valve June 19, 2018 10:15AM
McMaster-Carr. I think $40-$50 for a 3 way directional valve.

Re: Shut off valve June 19, 2018 12:37PM
Help me understand the 3-way plumbing. In, out, and return to the tank correct? Why won’t an on and off quarter turn valve work??

Re: Shut off valve June 19, 2018 01:16PM
you have to be able to completely stop all fuel from going to the pump? necessary when you seize one of the pump elements and it wont idle down?

Re: Shut off valve June 19, 2018 02:45PM
A common shut off valve will block incoming fuel flow from a high RPM engine driven mechanical pump, which flow will have no place to go or relief to and will cause an instant pressure spike and most like blow a hose off or split a charge pump and spay fuel all over a hot engine most likely causing a instant fire and risk burning the compete vehicle on the spot. The three way bypass valve will redirect fuel from the same pump to tank and prevent any pressure build up on system at same time shutting off all fuel supply to engine injection pump causing engine to run out of fuel. A very simple inexpensive way to save a runaway engine and possible the whole vehicle. DW

Re: Shut off valve June 19, 2018 02:00PM
Good Vibrations Motorsports
An6 flares $99
An8 flares $129
An12 flares $179
Arm splined and adjustable

Re: Shut off valve June 19, 2018 03:03PM
I bought mine at a plumbing supply house. Brass valve with three 1/2" pipe thread ports with a mounting ear. I fabricated a bracket out of a short angle iron and mounted it to side of engine behind injection pump . Valve has common gate valve lever that takes 1/4 of turn to change mode /direction of fuel flow. At the time it was less than $30.00 bucks. DW

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,580, Posts: 229,613, Members: 3,320.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,861.

Our newest member Fechtner Racing