What is a reasonable cost to hook? June 20, 2018 06:08AM
In another thread, a poster claimed it would cost around $500 to hook at Tomah when all fees were considered. I do not know if that's correct or exactly which costs NTPA charges for inspections, etc, but his post got me thinking:

What is a reasonable amount to charge a puller to run at an event?
What things is it reasonable for a sanctioning body to charge a puller for?
What things/services does a per hook puller get charged for?

There are multiple aspects on this issue, but to use a business phrase, I am curious what the "best practice" should be regarding per hook pullers.

Re: What is a reasonable cost to hook? June 20, 2018 06:32AM
depends on the venue,type class organization,price money,any extra added incentives? Common for me is 20-30 $ in smaller classic and antiques.Any many places you need to be a member,or join for a day,and or pay some extra fee. 500.00 seems pretty extreme,but with all the main organizations rules,fees,inspections,maybe.

Re: What is a reasonable cost to hook? June 20, 2018 07:34AM
I just have some friends that pull the class and are telling me its around $500 to hook at Tomah. Have no reason think they are lying about it. the NTPA website says $662 just to register a vehicle.

Re: What is a reasonable cost to hook? June 20, 2018 07:48AM
Most the time we hooked in Tomah, we were per hook tractor.

It was either $90 or $100 one time fee and 1% purse (even members pay the 1% purse or entry fee)

So for a $5000 purse the one time out of pocket cost should be $150 max per session. This is very common anywhere you go for this caliber of pull. We got passes with this as well.

NTPA could have changed their policy in the last couple years though. And as George stated below they could have the other things involved to get their tractor compliant which is good for years and not considered into the one time hook.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

www.truck-specialties.com

Schaeffer Oil Representative

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2018 07:50AM by AV.

Re: What is a reasonable cost to hook? June 20, 2018 07:46AM
okay if you are a per hook puller and have never had a cage inspection; that alone is 175 I think been awhile for me, I don't think there is a clutch fee now but it used to be 50. Then you have the one day membership somewhere around 100 plus the hook fee 1% of the purse , don't forget if you need crew in the hot pit area that is another 100 per day, I could see 500, if pulling more than one day membership is still an option.

Re: What is a reasonable cost to hook? June 20, 2018 12:02PM
The pullers have to pay part of the purse at Tomah? A place that makes over $1,000,000 on ticket sales alone?

Re: What is a reasonable cost to hook? June 20, 2018 12:18PM
Tomah paid NTPA the fee required to have those classes.

NTPA collects the 1% and I would assume goes to the points fund and then paid back.

If a class in a session has a 5000 purse, Tomah paid for it in full and it will be paid to the pullers in full.

If a pull loses money this is the same scenario. Pullers are not subject to that pulls profits or losses.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

www.truck-specialties.com

Schaeffer Oil Representative

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2018 12:20PM by AV.

Re: What is a reasonable cost to hook? June 20, 2018 04:31PM
In 2016 Bowling Green it cost $358 for 2 hooks entry fee, we got a 5th place received $654 facts...And that's a super national.....One time hook fees do not know what it costs to join for the complete year.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2018 04:36PM by bconner.

Re: What is a reasonable cost to hook? June 21, 2018 01:25AM
From memory I think it cost me around $450 to register for the two hooks at GB last time I went (2016). That includes two session hook fees and two per day hook fees as you hook separate days. There was no charge for clutch inspection and we don't have to have cages. We used to have to pay $50-$75 to have the clutch inspected, but NTPA has eliminated that requirement as long as your bellhousing is appropriate, which I like.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,579, Posts: 229,612, Members: 3,320.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,861.

Our newest member Fechtner Racing