If you could change (1) one thing about pulling? July 05, 2018 08:20AM
What one thing would you change about pulling if you could? It could a rule for one class, adding a class, dropping a class, announcing, there are a any number of things that you might want different. Please pick one.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: If you could change (1) one thing about pulling? July 05, 2018 11:48AM
I would like to see more cooperation across different organizations in terms of rules and schedule dates. In our area, it is not unusual to have three pulls in a 50 mile radius on one weekend and no pulls for the next two weekends.

Re: If you could change (1) one thing about pulling? July 05, 2018 12:30PM
I guess Im the same thing , I would like to see the ntap and ppl not have the same classes on the same weekend. I would like to see a master schedule that they both work off.

Re: If you could change (1) one thing about pulling? July 05, 2018 12:34PM
PPL could try not scheduling over Bowling Green and their own member state ESP at Pike.

Re: If you could change (1) one thing about pulling? July 05, 2018 12:53PM
Let’s try the same exact RULES across the board,not similar the SAME!!!!!!!

Re: If you could change (1) one thing about pulling? July 05, 2018 01:14PM
I agree with the above. Beyond that, my by far biggest complaint is the great lack of quality announcers that know their stuff about rules and the pullers and thus relate it to the avid spectators. An announcer needs to be an educator while knowing how to properly pronunciate a person's name.

And some sound systems need much improvement, some of them may be improved just by having more speakers and or making certain they are in a proper location in relation to the listening audience.

Out on the track, the maintenance crew at way too many venues need to vastly improve their skill and efficiency. Too many peices of equipment out there is actually a limiting factor of quickly getting the track back in shape and when it is a double track, that equipment always seems to be hindering the view of what we came to watch - tractor and truck pulling. Jarod in Michigan has one combo tractor/scraper/packer system that he very efficiently whips a track back into condition and actually uses just that one system to maintain a double track. Too bad lots of other promoters do not pick up on this.

Re: If you could change (1) one thing about pulling? July 05, 2018 01:14PM
I would want all the LLSS to use the same rules everywhere

Re: If you could change (1) one thing about pulling? July 05, 2018 03:06PM
Speakers aimed toward and loud enough to be heard in the pitts. Always seem to be running to the announcers stand or the posted schedule board, which sometimes is quite aways off, to find out where they are at on the schedule.

Re: If you could change (1) one thing about pulling? July 05, 2018 01:15PM
More uniform rules is exactly right. And fix the NTPA light unlimited class to be light modified. Let the rules be two Hemis , 3chevs with small blowers, Allison, maybe a turbine and some industrial like a 466 multi turbo. Probably similar to outlaws at 6000 lb. Give the state guy a chance to hook a larger event when he wants or can and build numbers. The twds have it right uniform rules and why they have large numbers. Just my opinion.

Re: If you could change (1) one thing about pulling? July 05, 2018 01:25PM
Here in Ohio you have ostpa rules for light/limited pro then you have cotpa with there rules then you have full pull rules,and I’m sure there’s other small organizations that have ther own rules
I mean come on people they are almost the same but just a little different but hey you can pull but you guys weigh this much and then you guys over ther weight this much
How in the heck do people keep everything straight then we go to hot farm wow that is the worst of all now we are starting to do the same with the 2hot2 farm guys
Different here different here. Come on people we as a group will end our selves we ALL need to wake up!!!
Ok I’m done let’s make pulling great again make all rules the same!!!

Re: If you could change (3) three things about pulling? July 05, 2018 01:31PM
1. less cubic inches = more classes with a 410 cid limit

2.a little more weight i hate 6000 lb classes, make it 7000 lb

3. INTERCOOLERS !! allow intercoolers in every diesel class

Re: If you could change (3) three things about pulling? July 09, 2018 08:00AM
Pinpointing this to one change in pulling is difficult! As all three, a puller, promoter, and spectator, I think having spectators know what class is pulling. With 4 diesel classes in a pull, some don't really know the change of classes. I'm not saying anything about being stupid, I'm saying they need a good announcer, speakers and a big screen that tells class on track, distances, explain the class etc. All mentioned above is true also. I'm going by what people have told me during and after pulls for 20 years. Darin

Re: If you could change (1) thing about pulling? July 09, 2018 09:31AM
Gene - Thanks for your reply. You also prompt me to offer more clarification because I can write a novel if left to my own devices.

Absolutely Super Farms deserves to go ____ feet in a program. In the context of my example, moving up the horsepower ladder in the classes I offered, that's how they would flesh out. Though they might end up 20-30ft behind where a Mod might land, the Super Farm competitors should get a awesome ride and passes that fans appreciate; sled operators can and do make that happen. The Super Farms I've been watching don't snuff out either, they've been making some really happy noises coming down the track and spinning out. That includes a batch of NTPA/PPL heavy hitters that were at Brooklyn Michigan, those were tractors that can win anywhere.

Still enjoying this conversation, Jake and I will have to agree to disagree...again. Cool

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: If you could change (1) one thing about pulling? July 05, 2018 02:11PM
I agree with similar class rules across sanctions. I do think there needs to be competion between sanctions though. The payouts are low now, competition between sanctions is the only way to improve it. I also want to see less stuff on the track. It's always got to be some big production just hooking up to the sled.

Re: If you could change (1) one thing about pulling? July 05, 2018 02:20PM
Dick, you said one thing, mine would be cost. Building a competitive machine and keeping in the mix is taxing on the wallet.

Re: If you could change (1) one thing about pulling? July 05, 2018 03:30PM
One thing for me would be a separation between state, regional, and national level competion. That goes for prices at each level. It is all over the place. What other motorsport can all levels of vehicles compete at the same event? Do you see Cup level racecars at your local track competing? I believe that certain classes should only be national level and can only be seen at the top events. State organizations should be a starting point and offer classes that would interest new pullers. If a person had a choice to pay $10 to go to their local fair to see the same level competition as paying $24 to go to a session at Tomah which one would they go too? I don't like events using state or region vehicles as fillers to boost numbers in classes.

Re: If you could change (1) one thing about pulling? July 05, 2018 03:36PM
The Original Michael

What other motorsport can all levels of vehicles compete at the same event?

NHRA.
Sportsmen race at all NHRA events fron divisionals to national evens.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2018 03:39PM by The Original Michael.

This year's peeve: distances have jumped the shark July 05, 2018 03:47PM
I used to think Outlaws was silly for having 350'+ runs, but NTPA has jumped the shark this year. The rule read like it would be 330' with the option to increase the length. The "option" has become the rule.

At this point, I'd prefer copying Europe and going full metric with a 100 meter full pull mark (which is about 330'). At least that sounds like a legit full pull distance. I would also be fine returning to 300'. Big picture- pick one distance as your standard and stick to it. If Bauer can stop a PPL mod setup at Louisville on a 240' track, he could stop an NTPA unlimited on a 300' track.

If there is rain approaching or a class appears as though it will run past a certain time, say 11 pm for example, then there is still a place for a floating finish line, but that should be the exception not the rule. My change is having a consistent full pull distance that doesn't vary from event to event and is not silly like the 370' mark at Rockwell.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2018 04:22PM by The Original Michael.

Re: This year's peeve: distances have jumped the shark July 06, 2018 04:33AM
Keep the pulling distance at 300 feet and make it something to be proud of to pull 300 feet.

Re: This year's peeve: distances have jumped the shark July 06, 2018 07:50AM
id be pissed sitting in bleachers at 360 feet and more and having trs get towed by after unhooking.if the pulls big enough to have bleachers for 425 feet the track oughta be 375 minimum

Re: This year's peeve: distances have jumped the shark July 07, 2018 04:18AM
So we should make it more confusing?

Re: If you could change (1) one thing about pulling? July 06, 2018 04:46AM
get rid of floating finish .

2 poor 2 pull :-(

Re: If you could change (1) one thing about pulling? July 06, 2018 02:31PM
If all tracks was at a set distance 300 or whatever it would save the pullers money less gear sets would be needed the sled guy would have less trouble putting on a good show .one night 300 .350 the next is no good

Re: If you could change (1) one thing about pulling? July 07, 2018 02:42AM
320+ tracks are here to stay. However, that discussion about distances brings up a point I would like to make. What I would like to see is different distances between classes to improve the show fans see, at least a more concerted effort toward that.

For example: a program has super farm, twd, pro stock, and mod. Sled gets set for 290-300 for SF, 300-310 for TWD, 310-320 for PS and 330 for mods. For the casual eye especially when you stack SF, Light Pro, and Limited Pro in the same program, if they all have a winning distance of 320ish, the casual fan might say, "whats the difference between those tractors?

In every other motorsport with different classes, speed and/or times improve as you go up the ladder. For the benefit of the majority of fans that attend pulls--which isn't us--shouldn't they be presented a program where the marquee class for the event produces the longest and most memorable runs? We need them to want to come back; anything we can do to improve that is worth investigating.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube

Re: If you could change (1) one thing about pulling? July 07, 2018 03:21AM
Right on Bryan,I attended a ECI pull last Labor Day weekend,was bored as heck when sled let all similar but different classes go the same distances,some different power,some smaller tires size changes,some noise change,but for most part all were the same cookie cutter pretty fast nice pulling units,I left early,seen one,seen em all.

Re: If you could change (1) one thing about pulling? July 07, 2018 04:43AM
What? Thats what pulling is with the sleds we have now. What would you do. Set the sled the same for all classes. Then you would have the lighter lower horsepower classes only pulling 100 ft down the track. Sounds like that would be mighty boring.

Re: If you could change (1) one thing about pulling? July 07, 2018 05:16AM
Well that is what happens when you have less HP.
What is the point of having more HP if they all go the same distance?
Obviously this isn't the right answer, but the point remains, 10 or 15 diesel classes all going the same distance gets boring and confusing.

Re: If you could change (1) one thing about pulling? July 07, 2018 05:52AM
Hey what up or Paul I am assuming are the same person. Pulling is going to be boring when people like you are watching the pull and don't have a clue what is going on. Why would we need to change the rules for people like you who don't understand the different classes and what they represent.

Re: If you could change (1) one thing about pulling? July 07, 2018 06:53AM
I guess I should have made myself clearer. Floating finishes. No pulloffs with examples I shared. Without the pulloff, that magical 300-320-whatever becomes moot and of no consequence other than a fan seeing a hot farm parked at 295 and twd truck parked at 315 for the winning distance. No more pulloffs in my opinion.

Also, Grubby, "Folks on here need to quit acting like pulling fans are stupid." They're not stupid. They want to be entertained and see a transformative difference from class to class...ever thought, what if...the runs looked different from class to class there would be more eyes on the pulling, albeit with a beer in hand? if we pay attention to the little things that improve the show, that fan and his family/friends might decide "this was fun. Wheres the next closest pull and when?"

I also dont know who wouldnt take a second shot if they thought the track would get better with that option to drop their first hook.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube

Re: If you could change (1) one thing about pulling? July 07, 2018 08:00AM
If you all keep trying to entertain uneducated fans instead of the real fans that go to several pulls a year you are going to ruin it faster as well.

Re: If you could change (1) one thing about pulling? July 07, 2018 08:24AM
Bryan,

Here's the problem with no pulloffs... the track changes. Sometime the track changes dramatically during a session. I've seen plenty of afternoon tracks get dried out and distances get shorter and shorter with each run. I've seen some monster passes with early hooks and then someone just get out the gate with a late hook and the late hook easily wins the three or four tractor pulloff because the time is so compressed with just a few tractors in the pulloff that track changes will be minimal.

The concept of no pulloffs works great if the class numbers are small... however the fans get shafted because the class number are small and it would be much better to see the top guys run twice to keep the fans happy (pulloffs can really save a promotor when the numbers are extremely low).

The concept of no pulloffs also works great if the class numbers are huge... however the pullers get shafted if the track conditions change. It can simply become a game of which number you draw in the hook order.

So the biggest question with no pulloffs is who would you rather shaft... the pullers or the fans?

I'm with Grubby 100% on this they drop and run twice if they think they've got a better chance later so hooking twice isn't really an issue... just something to gripe about. Tune them to run twice set the fullpull mark at 300... 310... 320... and leave it there for every event. If your sled operator can't figure that out then hire a different sled because there are some great operators out there that can consistently stop guys within a few feet of the full pull mark.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: If you could change (1) one thing about pulling? July 08, 2018 07:18AM
When you get a response from the owner of the site I guess I ought to respond. Jake I understand your arguments completely and see your point of view.

The reality is that I do like pulloffs...but liking them is one thing and thinking they're healthy for classes--across a season of pulling--is another. I have a couple reasons why I draw my line in the sand with you Jake (folks Jake and I will likely argue about this face-to-face somewhere this summer, laughing and smiling doing it--so don't worry about any perceived tone to my message).

1) In classes where you're short on numbers at the beginning of the season, doubling up runs for the 1/3rd or 1/4th of the class usually in a pulloff might mean fans at an event late in the season get shortchanged due to breakage. By floating the finish you lower the number of cumulative passes on machines, in theory reducing maintenance and potential breakage. The ultimate question to me is, do you want as many fans as possible, to see as many competitors as possible across a pulling season?

The situation may very well be that there's a number of pullers that disagree with me and a bunch of fans too; for better or worse I try to look at things from a long-term perspective. Yes we need to take care of the fans, hard-core, casual, whatever--pullers are a part of the equation and offering them the ability to stay in a points battle without breaking the bank to do so I just think is the smart thing to do. There's an inherent responsibility to promoters to offer them as robust a lineup as possible for every class as well.

2) Pulloffs add time to a pull. Time is priceless to me. Here's the scenario I offer. I went to Fairfield, IL last night, my first time there. Four classes, 60+ hooks, twin tracks, 6:30 start time, I was in my truck and on the road at 10pm. House full of fans that filled in from 6:30 to 7:30 and watched some great pulling, and they were engaged (cheering). No pulloffs, a few drops of first hooks. Great pull. Had we, for arguments sake, had pulloffs in every class, with three vehicles in each pulloff, the finish time would be more like 11pm. Anything past 10pm you lose families--if you have to stop for anything. Any kind of break in action from 10pm and beyond, people with kids will look at their phones and watches and say "it's time to go." Hopefully they stay, but most of the time they won't. While we can't guarantee a stop time to an event because you never know what kind of breakage you might encounter, every effort can be made to fit a show in within a 3 to 4 hour window, ending preferably around 10pm. Absence of pulloffs work toward that goal.

P.S.- Grubby, I appreciate your passion for the sport. 15 years ago, you and I might likely be arguing the same side here. I have come to the realization that we need those casual fans. They buy tickets, food, beer, merchandise at levels much higher than the hardcore fan. I am glad when they come to a pull, because they could have spent those entertainment dollars elsewhere. We're the leaders in bang-for-the-buck in terms of motorsports entertainment. We need those casual fans more than they need us. The ultimate goal to me is to flip that fan from casual fan to a hardcore fan, hopefully using their entertainment dollars at more pulls down the road.

This has been a great thread, I appreciate all of the opinions here. Thank you Dick for getting the ball rolling on this topic.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube

Re: If you could change (1) one thing about pulling? July 08, 2018 01:44PM
I agree with both of your points to some extent.

First, time is a huge issue, but taking away pulloffs is not the answer to that problem. The answer to that problem is making the show more efficient. It's cutting down the time between hooks. There's just so much wasted time between hooks and fans just don't want to sit there and watch scraper tractors. The track scrapers should be closely following the sled down the track instead of watching the pull and then dropping the three-point to put the scraper on the track. The next tractor should be firing up the very second the previous tractor spins out and the sled comes to a stop. The starting line is scraped, rolled and ready as the sled backs up and the next tractor is pulling out onto the side of the track while the sled is moving back. The track crew can then work on the holes at the end of the track as the tractor gets hooked to the sled. I've been to pulls run well and time wasn't an issue. The root problem for show length is show efficiency and that should be addressed first.

Breakage is also an issue, but smart builders/pullers build and setup their tractors to run multiple times. Lets take some of the best out there... Blackbourn Racing Components, and the Chizek pulling team. They run as hard as anyone and they hook and hook and hook and hook and hook and hook and hook and hook and hook and etc... and they usually don't have breakage issues. There are other who seem to break every other hook. Yes breakage happens but if they're tuned to safely run twice it will benefit the entire class in the long run. One and done (floating finish) means they can tune even closer to the razors edge. Pushing them even harder won't help the show any.

Pulloffs are the Overtime of pulling. There's nothing more exciting than sudden death overtime. There's nothing more exciting than a pulloff. Sitting there wondering who made changes? Who twisted the wastegate a turn or two? What little changes did they make to gain just a few more inches (or feet)?

Don't take away one of the best and most exciting parts of the sport just because it's easier. Easier is almost never the right thing to do.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: If you could change (1) one thing about pulling? July 07, 2018 03:55AM
I have thought about the same thing.
5 engine mod goes 320, antique Farmall H goes 320.
I kinda joke about set the sled to stop the Unlimited mods at 340 and then let all the other classes do what they can with it.
Pulling is confusing for the casual spectator.

Re: If you could change (1) one thing about pulling? July 07, 2018 04:34AM

Hi,
I completely agree with BL, P, and A !
I've been saying that exact thing for a few years now.
It's the little things that can improve the experience for the fans.

Later . . . . . . .

Re: If you could change (1) one thing about pulling? July 07, 2018 05:09AM
Half the reason people are confused about pulling is because no one knows that actual distances that are being used. Is it 300', 320', 330' or a floating finish? Apparently that changes with every class at every pull. People have no problem watching all the classes have the same distance rules. Folks on here need to quit acting like pulling fans are stupid. The fact of the matter is that there are a lot of people at tractor pulls that could care less about the action on the track. They are there because their town is having a party that night and it happens to be a tractor pull. The real pulling fans in the stands know what's going on and understand it for the most part. The sport needs to entertain the people that are actually there to watch tractor pulling, not the locals looking for a party. They'll show up anyway.

Re: If you could change (1) one thing about pulling? July 07, 2018 05:20AM
Yes, but we also want to draw in more new fans.
I am not confused about full pull distances or floating finishes, when the equipment gets this expensive, or the night gets to long, pull offs are hard on every one.

Re: If you could change (1) one thing about pulling? July 07, 2018 05:57AM
If pulloffs are so hard on equipment, why do most pullers drop the first hook and come back later in the class?

Re: If you could change (1) one thing about pulling? July 07, 2018 07:02AM
Most don't.
And Most don't want to be first hook.

Re: If you could change (1) one thing about pulling? July 08, 2018 09:28AM
"A Thought"...you say pulling is confusing for the casual spectator....have you ever had a conversation with a child as to why my twin cylinder lawn tractor has a 25 HP Kohler Command and all it does is mow the yard and why the trusty ole Farmall H has about the same or a little less ?? And why they can't do the same thing? Yeah, just about as confusing to him as the confusion you are talking about to. Smiling ...and I agree with you...

Re: If you could change (1) one thing about pulling? July 09, 2018 06:10AM
320+ tracks are here to stay. However, that discussion about distances brings up a point I would like to make. What I would like to see is different distances between classes to improve the show fans see, at least a more concerted effort toward that.

For example: a program has super farm, twd, pro stock, and mod. Sled gets set for 290-300 for SF, 300-310 for TWD, 310-320 for PS and 330 for mods. For the casual eye especially when you stack SF, Light Pro, and Limited Pro in the same program, if they all have a winning distance of 320ish, the casual fan might say, "whats the difference between those tractors?

In every other motorsport with different classes, speed and/or times improve as you go up the ladder. For the benefit of the majority of fans that attend pulls--which isn't us--shouldn't they be presented a program where the marquee class for the event produces the longest and most memorable runs? We need them to want to come back; anything we can do to improve that is worth investigating.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bryan, The only part I would slightly disagree with is that in my opinion they need to let the SF's run to put on a good show. If they spin out at at 320 that's a lot better than snuffing them at 290.

Re: If you could change (1) one thing about pulling? July 09, 2018 11:15PM
Just my opinion of course, but maybe if there was a decent explanation of the class rules (coles notes version), and correlate that with the approximate weight they are pulling, that may help the layman/casual fan understand the differences and why they can all reach the 300/320'(ish) mark.

The problem is not the distances, or the difference in classes, it's the lack of explanation of what we are actually doing on the track (pulling weight) that is lacking here.

But hey, maybe that's just too basic for most to grasp?

Re: If you could change (1) one thing about pulling? July 09, 2018 11:45PM
I agree with you and that goes back to announcing.

Re: If you could change (1) one thing about pulling? July 07, 2018 06:24AM
I guess if I had to choose one it would have to be start times. I’m okay with the 7pm start time through the week (everyone needs a chance to get there), but on the weekends, what about 5 or 6 pm? Especially as pulling season enters the fall, 6 pm is a good time even through the week. It’s gets pretty nippy at 11 pm in late September!

If I were able to make a second choice, it would have to be announcing in general. Announcers really need to find a happy medium between technical and “talking to people like their dumb” (I’ve heard how they measure by laser a million times). If it’s possible, it’s really good to have a guy floating around the stands, the track, etc to provide some “color”. Let the guy in the box do the distances, info, etc. Need to get and KEEP fans interested and wanting more. Toss out shirts, koozies, or ask fans questions and if they get it right they get a gift from the sale trailer. Announcers can play a big role on whether or not fans enjoy their experience.

Everyone with an opinion July 08, 2018 11:45AM
To accept pulling for what it is or show up at the rule meeting in September and let your voice be heard.

Re: If you could change (1) one thing about pulling? July 08, 2018 11:47AM
assuming ????????????????????? break it down,

Re: If you could change (1) one thing about pulling? July 08, 2018 03:21PM
A organization needs a level headed committee set up to make the rules ran as a dictator ship to many but buddies cant make rules and to many is afraid to hurt someones feelings instead of grabbing there bag and doing whats best and get talked into anything

Re: If you could change (1) one thing about pulling? July 09, 2018 04:11AM
Agree with lewis . Always thought we are marketing a show and therefore figure out what you are selling and leave it alone. When pullers can change it every year to how they want it you loose what your marketing and the cost usually get out of reach. Both for the promoter and for the ones that are building .

Re: If you could change (1) one thing about pulling? July 09, 2018 02:17AM
The one thing I would like to see changed is this. Within a class a driver should only be able to drive one tractor. The sport is going to die if we keep letting multi tractor teams dominate. If you want to have multiple tractors in a class that's great. The sport can always use numbers. Find a driver for each machine. Make it a bit more even for the small guys. Cswan

Re: If you could change (1) one thing about pulling? July 09, 2018 08:53AM
I agree with Val. That will never happen, I don’t think. Good idea though.

Re: If you could change (1) one thing about pulling? July 09, 2018 09:21AM
As with any sport, constant rules would be the top thing.....In the Super Farm class for example, 3 different groups, 3 different rules.....Look at turbos....Outlaw has a box....Harts seams to be the best in NTPA and you need to throw a intercooler in for PPL. These all create a "cost" for the pullers and stop pullers from running in other groups.......because of the turbo, there is other related factors that add to the cost.....Outlaw runs smaller gears than PPL and NTPA because they make more power and run larger chargers. Ntpa runs bigger gears because the turbos choke down the motor and wont let it RPM. PPL runs RPM's inbetween.....soooooo charger affects gearing, sound, hp, RPM and cost (outlaw runs box chargers...NTPA and PPL are bring what you brung....as long as it 3" with a .20 slot.....)....so with that all said, that is the biggest problem.....BUT if you talk to PPL...they are the best, Ntpa....they are the best, and outlaw they are the best......damm bull headness

Re: If you could change (1) one thing about pulling? July 09, 2018 01:13PM
Far as announcers there are announcers out there that do not know the tractors that are running! I have recently gone to a pull where the announcer didn't know what he was talking about! If you're announcing do your homework and know the tractors and the difference between each class. It is important to get the tractors name and drivers names correct! For a hard core fan and puller it's hard to listen to guy that doesn't have a clue! I think it makes a classic pull with a pull off! I think far as classes I don't want to see a antique pulling low gear run 300'. You will definitely lose a crowd! Sled operators need to do their jobs in getting a good setting quickly! Don't pull half a class and then reset sled! That's hard especially on modifieds. It's unfair for the guys who are hot and have to make several passes and gets expensive! We have a great sport we need to make sure we are doing everything we can to make it exciting for everyone!

Re: If you could change (1) one thing about pulling? July 09, 2018 04:03PM
If I could change thing, I would have more events that are “Diesel Nights/Smoker Nights” and/or Truck Night/Tractor Night. That way, as a fan, I can pay my hard earned money to enjoy every pass down the track. There are some shows that I go to, that I’m just not into the class that is pulling. I know that’s tough though because “different strokes for different folks”. Just my personal opinion on change

Lots of make good points. It’s tough or impossible really to satisfy everyone though so I’m thankful for the pulling that we do have.

Re: If you could change (1) one thing about pulling? July 09, 2018 04:40PM
call Klint tucker and ask him how well that worked in Illinois in the winter. I can understand the frustration with the announcing. My biggest peeve is to announce continually which tractor is next and never look to the starting line to only see something that isn't on the sheet happening. Look while announcing simplest rule in the barnyard.

Re: If you could change (1) one thing about pulling? July 10, 2018 12:02AM
I would do away with ALL points systems,put the money into the pulls purse.i feel sorry for the point series followers when they explain how little the end of year winnings are.doing away bwith it will separate the pulls guys really want to go to in like 2 years,and put all the pullers on the same schedule

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,616, Posts: 229,672, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,064, Posts: 225,890.

Our newest member JD_8520