Lucas PPL results July 19, 2018 08:50AM
Anyone know how to find the event results on the PPL website? Every time I click on results it just takes me to the standings page. And before someone explains that I can figure out who placed where on the standings page, I already know that. I just wasn't to see the distances, DQ's, etc.

Re: Lucas PPL results July 19, 2018 08:57AM
I have to agree with you it's a very poorly done website. More is not always better if you hit the results it takes you to standings you hit standings it takes you to standings. One would think that the results page would take you to results. Not sure why it hasn't been corrected.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2018 08:58AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: Lucas PPL results July 19, 2018 09:45AM
I’ve never had any issues.... don’t click the result tab twice. Click on result once then go to the event results and then click on which series you want results for champions tour, silver series, etc etc

Re: Lucas PPL results July 19, 2018 09:52AM
When you click on the results and see the standing then scroll down to see all the events for the year. Then click on the event you want too see. I like the format once I got used to it because it lists all the events of the year and previous years on the same page, not just the last few events like NTPA.

Re: Lucas PPL results July 19, 2018 10:56AM
Thanks!

Re: Lucas PPL results July 19, 2018 06:45PM
Lighten up Francis. You hit results and it takes you to the standings. It can be a little confusing. Now we all know.

Re: Lucas PPL results July 20, 2018 11:55AM
STEP 1 : DO NOT CLICK ON RESULTS PLACE POINTER OVER TOP AND A DROP BOX APPEARS
STEP 2 : DO NOT CLICK ON EVENT RESULTS PLACE POINTER OVER AND ANOTHER DROP BOX APPEARS
STEP 3 : CLICK ON SERIES YOU WANT RESULTS FOR
STEP 4 : MOST RECENT PULL RESULTS FOR THAT SERIES WILL BE SHOWN IF THAT IS NOT THE EVENT YOU WANT SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM AND CHOOSE YOUR EVENT

MY SIX YEAR OLD CAN FIGURE IT OUT SO THE REST OF YOU LESS THEN EDUCATED PEOPLE SHOULD BE ABLE TO FIGURE IT OUT

PS
GOOD LUCK ON A SMART PHONE IT CAN BE DONE BUT IF YOU CANT HANDLE IT ON A PC YOU WILL NEVER GET IT

Re: Lucas PPL results July 20, 2018 02:17PM
For gods sakes I am the most computer illiterate person on this web page and have never had a problem with it.

Re: Lucas PPL results July 19, 2018 04:14PM
Yes regional results can be slow showing but Champion tour is always up to date yet again people want to bitchil and complain. I'm willing to bet you Sob's tape blankets to bleachers to save your seats. As a puller I'm done catering to most fans anymore because of this site. You want to fix the sport build a tractor and contribute or shut up and buy your ticket as none of your ticket money goes to the pullers.

Re: Lucas PPL results July 19, 2018 04:27PM
I'm not done yet. You drive to a pull in 2012 four door pickup worth 15k-20k and complain about the show. Now let's put some numbers up for you the turbo on that tractor if a prostock cost what your car is worth. If it's a LSS the 3 or 4 chargers are the same amount if not more. As a fan you feel for your 15bucks you deserve the world. Take a step back if you see a puller thank them for putting on the show. As the big classes might get 1500 for 1st place driving to North Carolina from Iowa

Re: Lucas PPL results July 20, 2018 04:59AM
Step 1: Click on results tab
Step 2: Click on which series your inquiring about
Step 3: Scroll down page and pick the event you wish to see
Step 4 : Read the results

Voila!! I cant believe it was that easy.

Re: Lucas PPL results July 20, 2018 05:30AM
Step one: click on results tab. Step two: wonder why results took you to the standings page? I had a question and it got answered. That's kinda d of what forums are for.

Re: Lucas PPL results July 22, 2018 09:31AM
The fact that you (or anyone else) had to go to a forum and ask means that it's NOT a user friendly design. Sure scrolling down is easy but the page shouldn't have the points standing at the top... that should be a completely separate page. Its confusing to anyone who hasn't used their website before. Clicking "Results" should take you straight to results, or directly to a submenu with options to click on a specific series.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Lucas PPL results July 22, 2018 10:22AM
[www.propulling.com]

The results gives you the option of the event results or the points standing.

It seems pretty straight forward and it is a professional appearing website that is similar to the quality of NHRA and NASCAR.

Just my $.02

Re: Lucas PPL results July 22, 2018 10:28AM
[www.ntpapull.com]

NTPA's website is nice and easy to use also.

Re: Lucas PPL results July 22, 2018 12:10PM
Thanks Kevin, I know how to use the PPL site just fine, I'm concerned about it's layout from a Content Map/Site Map standpoint. It's not intuitive to the new (first time) user. A agree that it's a it's a very professional looking site (it should be!), the problem is... if you are not familiar with the site and you simply click on the word "Result" it should take you to an actual results list first... not Champions tour points. Yes, you can scroll down but it's not intuitive. Simply clicking results should take the viewer directly here:

This is the list of all the PPL results for the year... which is where the word "Results" should actually take you. From a Site Map standpoint the hyperlink should take you directly to the most logical page... it doesn't.

Next, the Submenu for "Event Results" should be "Results by Series" (Because it's NOT actually a list of Event Results!) Again, from a Site Map/Content Map standpoint it leaves much room for improvement. Now if you click "Silver Series Event Results" it should take you to a list of all the Silver Series events, but instead it takes you to the most recent event on the Silver Series and again you need to scroll down to see the list of Silver Series Events. The hierarchy is upside-down.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

I see your point. July 22, 2018 01:05PM
Good points Jake.
You are correct, those areas should be fine tuned.

Thanks for having this site available for all the news.
Keep up the good work.

Re: Lucas PPL results July 23, 2018 12:39AM
Jake, I agree. I consider myself semi fluent in computers/web pages (I manage a few). I quit going to the PPL site to find results because I never could find them--click on results and you got points. I didn't want points. I wanted to see how far Rick Peters pulled and how much he put on second place! I gave up until this thread appeared. Sure, once you know how to use it, it is relatively easy. Had someone not explained on here, I wouldn't visit that site at all. JW

Re: Lucas PPL results July 23, 2018 01:11AM
Thanks for tutorial on how to navigate the PPL web, however you should not have to go on one web site to figure out how to use another web site. The PPL site should be more user friendly.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Lucas PPL results August 14, 2018 01:47PM
Why don't NTPA and PPL get an easy to use app like outlaws? Results are in real time. Would love to follow other organizations with an app like this.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,573, Posts: 229,601, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,057, Posts: 225,855.

Our newest member BadHabit2