Limited super stock July 20, 2018 04:01PM
Is anyone interested in a limited super stock class. Why have we let this class get so out of hand. I have a brand new chassis sitting in my shop and don't know what to do with it or where I can go pull. It seems to me that the class that started pulling is being run in the ground by people with little vision and not much concerne for others

Re: Limited super stock July 20, 2018 08:34PM
Would you be interested in selling your chassis ? If so what is it ?

Re: Limited super stock July 21, 2018 02:08AM
I would be interested. It's a Bret berg chassis.im in southern Michigan if your wanting to see it

Re: Limited super stock July 21, 2018 01:16PM
Fuzz, I am not certain if you are talking about an actual longterm SS class being placed with limits OR are you actually referring to the Light Limited SS class (LLSS)?

If you are referring to LLSS, West Michigan Pullers has the class as does the Thumb TPA. Ed Shoobridge at Armada, MI certainly can give you lots of guidance as he pulls a LLSS and spearheaded the National LLSS rules and Northern LLSS Series. HSTPA started sanctioning the LLSS class in 2018. In fact, I just saw them July 17 at Wabash, IN. Currently, getting those photos uploaded to my website.

Re: Limited super stock July 21, 2018 02:09PM
I have a cockshutt chassis started set up for a Cummins sold the engine that was started gone fishing and the rest needs to go CHEAP

Re: Limited super stock August 05, 2018 03:20AM
Lewis what is your contact Info

Re: Limited super stock August 05, 2018 02:10PM
These ideas will have to spark an interest with the people that have these tractors. Not some smart ass that doesn't I would like to here from people that would be interested not bench pullers I'll be at bg if anyone is interested in talking

Re: Limited super stock August 05, 2018 04:15PM
After reading the messages I dont think anybody is being a bench puller or a smarta$$! I think most people have come to the realization that superstock on state and region level has seen its better days! With all the classes we have today, why try to make another? My gosh they made these extra classes because people lost interest in superstocks! Why beat a dead horse or resurrect the dead? You can't stop progress nor should we make a new class that would setback performance 20 years for a couple tractors that might run your purposed class! I guess some people just like dreaming and can't leave the past in the past!

Re: Limited super stock August 06, 2018 12:08AM
Nothing against progress and innovation but the past was alot better times in pretty much everything, life was easier, just my opinion.

Re: Limited super stock July 22, 2018 01:23AM
Pretty sure he means big ones and the chassis he has might be the old non-component Radical Red/Wild Thing.

Re: Limited super stock July 22, 2018 05:05AM
cpr... the old Wild Thing/ Radical Red chassis is now a hot farm in Southern IN. Has been for almost a decade.

Fuzz... it's not a bad idea, but there are already so many limited Pro classes. I prefer the look of 30.5's so I'm building a LLSS. Go watch some pulls and make a point to talk to talk to the guys in the pits. You'll get a feel for what crowd you wanna be around. If Bret built it, I'm sure its plenty strong and plenty light. Don't rule out LLSS before you see a good class of them. Armada should have a real strong show in a few weeks. Maybe we'll see you there.

Re: Limited super stock July 22, 2018 03:19PM
The idea was 466 or less cubes 2 or 3 chargers 14 mm pump or less2000 to 2500 hp. something adorable but not a pig if no one is willing to give a little to bring things back into reasonable cost spending then this and other classes will be finished in 5 years .the llss class has the rite idea I just hate to see a few ruin it for all of us

Re: Limited super stock July 24, 2018 02:31AM
battle for bluegrass has this option and class, they combine it with light pro, limited pro and super farm so they can fill the class but they have a few two charger 470 limit tractors that put on a good show.

Re: Limited super stock July 25, 2018 01:50AM
470 ci twin turbo 4.1-4.4 top charger max with a 15mm sig max ag or component 30.5 8000 pounds

Re: Limited super stock July 22, 2018 02:55PM
Fuzz,
Doubt anyone cares, I think that ship has sailed.What are you thinking? Something like a 470 - 505 cu inch, 9,500 lb class.
13 mil pump. How would you limit turbos? Restrictor plates?

Re: Limited super stock July 22, 2018 03:33PM
The LLSS class has already set the example with rules we can't all to run like the grand national boys.there never has been a state or regional set of rules for diesel ss thats the reason there are only a few left. When there are no rules to limit performance or (spending)it will altimetly self distruct

Re: Limited super stock July 23, 2018 01:32AM
I for one would love to see this but doubt it will happen too many classes already unfortunately, the big diesel supers have gotten way out of hand just like everything else I guess but I know there are several old super stock's most non component tractors at 436 C.I. or 466, 504 whatever sitting around yet. It would be nice to have a somewhat limited class that could run regional like this that would put on a good show and not totally bust the bank cause I think the cost of the sport all together is just going to keep dwindling the numbers down which is sad really.

Re: Limited super stock July 23, 2018 01:46AM
All in the sled guy, sled can be set where they could put on a really good show, i would love to see it.

Re: Limited super stock July 24, 2018 09:25AM
Have to many classes now! Supers are a thing of the past especially diesel!! This is 2018 not 1978. SMH!!!

Re: Limited super stock August 05, 2018 04:12PM
SS is dead
Have to many classes now! Supers are a thing of the past especially diesel!! This is 2018 not 1978. SMH!!!

So what kind of tractor do you have?

Re: Limited super stock July 27, 2018 09:23AM
Fuzz,
It's not a bad concept, but I have no idea how to keep it remotely fair. You have alot of DSS running around on state and regional circuits now that would fit those rules. Several of those tractors haven't changed much in better than 20 years. At this point those competitors look more like antique pullers than something on the cutting edge. Super Farm pullers started feeding technology to many of these stagnant DSS guys about 15-20 years ago. It was everything from better P-pumps to ported heads to adjusting injector sport height to oil systems to valve train parts. They just weren't trying anything and had so many parts to maintain, the couldn't figure out what to try to improve. The main reason I don't see what you're proposing working is because there just isn't interest, even from the guys who already have them.

The new blood coming into the sport is going to one of 2 directions: build whatever Daddy's pocketbook can buy or build whatever I can do myself. Shops that are selling product are only going to concentrate on what they can sell alot of, not something oddball to every guy who comes in with a new idea/different set up. Because of this you get Pro Stock, Super Farm and everything in between. I definitely appreciate the LLSS guys more because they represent the pullers who built this sport. They built their own stuff and generally had to work to pay for it too. Outside of just a handful of the guys who run larger farms, that's who you see in LLSS.

Re: Limited super stock July 27, 2018 01:11PM
The idea was not to start an antique class but something reasonable affordable and utilize some of the tractors already out there but with no interest or cooperation nothing will change . I'll be at BG if anyone is interested and wants to be serious .

Re: Limited super stock July 24, 2018 01:30AM
Ideas for limited super stock. 2 or more working
turbos. 8500# components chassis allowed . Some options. 4 chargers 14mm 436 cubes. 3 chargers 3 stage 466 cubes 14mm 3 chargers 2 stage 436 14mm 2 chargers 2 stage 466 cubes. Alcohol tractors 440 cubes 2 turbo 2 stage these are just suggestions to try to bring together as many as possible with the least amount of changes .0

Re: Limited super stock July 24, 2018 01:35PM
IT wouldnt matter how you start a class it will evolve back to a money game it allways does look at the llss class the limited pro and others all new classes getting more expencive every year with numbers dropping

Re: Limited super stock July 24, 2018 02:47PM
So we should all lay down and let everything die and try nothing. I think the LLSS class has a decent future if kept under control. These limitations have not been tried like this before. I give a lot of credit to the people that set this up and however it turns out at least they are trying.

Re: Limited super stock July 25, 2018 01:19AM
They have done something! They created LLSS, limited pro, light pro,and super farm! Those are good choices and we sure don't need another class.

Re: Limited super stock August 05, 2018 01:52AM
If you want to try and make a antique ss class, component tractors should NOT be allowed. Good start for a set of rules otherwise. I don't think the fans really would go for it though. They already have enough 2000-2500 hp tractor class options! I agree with statement above " nobody cares and that ship has sailed along time ago"!!

Re: Limited super stock August 05, 2018 03:01AM
Just a question, theres got to be alot of old super stocks setting around that were from the 90s, " that are not component " that would still be affordable and entertaining, what should people do with them, leaving setting in the shop oe shed or wherever and have a good talking piece to talk about, i know I'll catch alot of flack but there should be a place if someone wanted to get it out an have alil fun, 4 or 6 times a year an just see how it went over, you never know it could havw a good following.

Re: Limited super stock July 25, 2018 09:14AM
LEWIS
IT wouldnt matter how you start a class it will evolve back to a money game it allways does look at the llss class the limited pro and others all new classes getting more expencive every year with numbers dropping
Look at the price of a new farm tractor, getting more expensive every year with more and more farmers dropping out every year.

Re: Limited super stock July 25, 2018 10:43AM
Thanks for agreeing

Re: Limited super stock August 12, 2018 11:10AM
What kind of hp does a 2 charger 466 14mm p pump tractor make? Or even 3 charger?

Re: Limited super stock August 13, 2018 02:45AM
1500 to 3000hp depending on the turbos

Re: Limited super stock August 13, 2018 03:26AM
I think it would be nice if the Light Limited Super Stock tractor class was limited to the small rear end and small engine. Like an IH 656 rear end and a DT360. The light class shouldn't weigh over 6500 pounds. I can remember when the light class was 5500 pounds.

Re: Limited super stock August 13, 2018 08:38AM
Back to the chassis whats the deal with it, is it component

Re: Limited super stock August 14, 2018 06:23AM
I agree with Nathan Binder for the llss class,there is no need to keep spending and spending ,make it fun and enjoyable without having to break the bank,if wanting to go bigger and badder step up a class then

Re: Limited super stock August 14, 2018 03:02PM
Smoke
,if wanting to go bigger and badder step up a class then

I said that very same thing a long time on this very same message board about the light superstock class, but OHHHHHHHHHHH NO, I KNEW NOTHING at that time according to some of the responses I got.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,563, Posts: 229,575, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,055, Posts: 225,837.

Our newest member BadHabit2