Component LLSS July 22, 2018 01:59AM
What’s everyone’s opinion on allowing components in LLSS? See it in the near future?

Re: Component LLSS July 22, 2018 02:26AM
I don't know of ANYONE that currently runs a LLSS that wants to go component or allow any to pull, if that happens, in my opinion, several will just park an be done. A few MIGHT go that route but most have already spent the money on gears, needle bearings, shafts,driveline , so why go that route, whoever wants to do that should just go ahead an go Light Super. Thats what this class was started for in the first place, for those of use that didn't want to go 3 chargers an components--- 5 to 10 yrs ago numbers were big in the LLSS, if this ever gets allowed numbers will be lower than the are-- IMO

Re: Component LLSS July 22, 2018 04:33AM
I agree.

Re: Component LLSS July 22, 2018 05:42AM
Components would be a great idea if you wanted to kill the class. Why can’t some people leave well enough alone? Seems that everytime a class gains traction, there’s always a group that seem to screw it up. SMH

Re: Component LLSS July 22, 2018 05:49AM
...what Cody said. Its as if talking about changing LLSS is a vicious cycle of drinking a 6 beers, beating a horse to death, drinking 6 more and burying it, drink another 6, dig it up and beat on it some more..oh did I mention 6 beers were consumed in wailing away on the rotting carcass??

Dont touch the class. Please.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Component LLSS July 22, 2018 05:59AM
Don't touch that class start a new one.

Re: Component LLSS July 22, 2018 06:14AM
If the LLSS class would start allowing components, I think class numbers would go down and before long a lot of LLSS pullers would be parked for the summer. Then in another few years, a new "classic" LLSS class would start up. It would also be quite popular after a few years and then this discussion would start all over again.

Here in Nebraska, this class is just starting to really get started. I've never seen a LLSS class that had more than four tractors, but we all know that it will grow. That said, I saw a couple really hook up a couple years ago and put on quite a show!

Re: Component LLSS July 22, 2018 07:56AM
I love reading threads like these - apparently component chassis = class domination.

Senseless spending July 22, 2018 09:25AM
No, it represents senseless spending to get right back where the class currently is. There is no reliability issue at stake so everyone would spend $30k on a new chassis & the results would be about like they are now. No different than Super farm & pro stock turbos that outdated ever 6 months that costs the competition $$$ and the winners within the old turbo is still the winners with the new turbo.

Re: Senseless spending July 22, 2018 09:38AM
I completely agree, there's just no NEED for components. Why do it if they're really not needed?

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Senseless spending July 22, 2018 02:09PM
DANG sold out and thought next one maybe Log SKIDDER guese not good job guys,They could be stronger ,cheaper, and ,lighter but with lots of built tractors scattered all over the country i dont se it happening if you live in Texas or Arizona go for it call it Limited light Pay loader clASS LOL ,But something i se that could help the class is any engine as long as it meets the cubes and any sheet metal we are running a lot of pickup truck and school bus engines now so whats it really matter if it saves the puller money JD with a 5,9 cummins from the junk yard costing 500 bucks compared to a 404 john paint it green the whole class is already contaminated .Whe could get a lot more color todays light tractors for the younger generation is Kobota .Mahindra and such

Re: Senseless spending July 22, 2018 03:02PM
Lewis the way I see it JD is the only tractor that cannot run a 5.9 Cummins IH. AC. And the rest run it

Re: Senseless spending July 23, 2018 11:08AM
I really think the 300 series 414/6.8 John Deere engine can/could run with the Cummins if they let them de-cube them to the same cube. The 6.8 has or can have the P pump like the Cummins with no mods needed and has a longer stroke crank the IH 360 the JD 359 don't have. If they want a JD to run in this small cube class they need to allow this engine. The 414/6.8 is not a 400 series engine its a 300 series engine. DW

Re: Senseless spending July 23, 2018 02:06PM
Those engines are allowed and being ran and are running with them Ive worked on them all a cummins is nothing special just cheaper and lighter the auto junk yards are getting full of them,my statement above was not necessarily meaning Cummins for every brand it was any sheet metal to get lots more color theres more brands out there than just the antique big five IH JD,AC and such,The young farmers today are growing up on Kubotas and other brands That like the big five of today has nothing that could be made into a pulling tractor

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,613, Posts: 229,669, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,064, Posts: 225,890.

Our newest member JD_8520