do sled settings contribute to breakage July 30, 2018 03:16AM
Just thinking about a few videos of pulling and wondering what other opinions may be. It seems that at some pulls and the new style of running down the track with little load on the sled and slamming it down at the end of the track would be harder on pulling vehicles verses the old style of dropping the pan early and loading up the vehicle down the track . Seems that the new way would leave the vehicle with very little load on it and therefore just be free wheeling . I dont think i would run my vehicle at 5000 rpm with no load or maybe im over thinking this just a thought

Re: do sled settings contribute to breakage July 30, 2018 04:17AM
It takes a different deal from the olden days of the tug sleds.
you have to take off smoothly, build speed in the middle of the run and still have power to pull the sled at the end of the run when it gets real heavy
I thinks it's easier on vehicle, instead of full load all the way down the track.
It's certainly more of thrill to drive and you get there quicker[less run time on motor]

Re: do sled settings contribute to breakage July 30, 2018 02:28PM
If you think there is no load on tractor going down the track, just hook your old farm tractor to the sled and see how far you get. MACK

Re: do sled settings contribute to breakage July 30, 2018 02:41PM
The only two big breakages we have had have been on slow sleds. Your vechile stays hooked up a lot more on a fast self than tug sled. At about 15 seconds we start reusing oil so the engine is not getting its protection that it needs. The only thing it's harder on is driveline part to a point. But after that I'll go on a fast sled anyday.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,576, Posts: 229,605, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,857.

Our newest member BadHabit2