Truck flatbed August 06, 2018 11:16AM
If you were to buy a truck flatbed witch brand would you buy? The truck will be pulling a gooseneck trailer, so it needs to have a really good hitch in the bed. It will be on a cab and chassis. Thanks for any help

Re: Truck flatbed August 07, 2018 10:58AM
I recently bought a new dodge 3500 c&c and it has a cm sk bed on it I really like it but i don't think the latches on the toolbox doors will last to long (some kind of plastic) but I still really like it if I could do it over again I would have gotten the hauler bed with the trough in it so I wouldn't have to jack the trailer up so high to unhook it but I guess I'm just lazy

Re: Truck flatbed August 07, 2018 11:51PM
I have a CM SK bed and have had no problems at all with it. The toolboxes have plenty of room to carry what I need and the hitch is built very strong. I'll be looking at another CM bed when I change trucks. Also the headache rack is perfect for mounting an LED light bar and allows the light to be protected from damage when loading equipment.

Re: Truck flatbed August 08, 2018 02:51AM
I am a huge fan of Eby beds. Top of the line aluminum bed. I will buy another one when its time for a new truck.

Re: Truck flatbed August 08, 2018 02:24PM
I purchased a new Hillsboro aluminum flat bed in 2013 and really like it. I ordered the underbody tool boxes from them and fit and look good. They offer 2 different beds, older style that uses factory hitch in back, and the new version that has tow hitch integrated in the bed, Bothe have goose neck ball in place. Lighting works great. Darin

Re: Truck flatbed August 09, 2018 11:13AM
I would go with the Knapaheide, hands down because of the gooseneck hitch . Unbelievable heavy and rigid .
I know this from experience, I had. Dodge chassis 2010. I put a cm truck bed on it .
The gooseneck is attached to the bed, under deck on 3" Chanel iron, it is not rigid enough and will shake like a bitch . You will move your tractor too and from each pull thinking it's not loaded correctly. I found the Chanel 3" iron was flexing causing a up and down shake. It was just enough to drive everyone on the crew cab nuts.

The knapaheide is right to the truck frame, look at one. You will get what you pay for. The paint is also better. It's prime baked and painted. Lasts a long time without rusting.
The Cm is powered coated self explanatory

Re: Truck flatbed August 14, 2018 03:44PM
Thanks for the information, that is exactly what I was looking for.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,576, Posts: 229,605, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,857.

Our newest member BadHabit2