score board August 12, 2018 01:25PM
I would love to see a scoreboard for pulls that shows the leading distance at all times. Better yet would be the leading vehicle name and the distance displayed at all times. I understand this may not be realistic at all events. It would be nice if at least the traveling scoreboard going to the big events would do this.

Re: score board August 13, 2018 04:33AM
I have been advocating this one forever! I don't see how it'd be too hard, they have one at high school football games!

Re: score board August 13, 2018 06:47AM
I think the hardest part many associations would have is finding somebody dedicated to run the live scoreboard. Basically they have to sit behind a laptop and update everything, either at the board itself or they need to have a wireless hotspot of some sorts to update the board from the announcer stand. It's a dedicated job. We've looked into it for our club, but would have to find somebody to essentially "own" it and make it their baby.

If you can find that person and make it somewhat worth their while, and not burn them out, go for it!

---

Re: score board August 14, 2018 01:09AM
I understand that someone would have to be in charge of this. The national level pulls (such as Tomah and Hillsboro) already have a scoreboard there. How hard would it be to add a line with leading distance and vehicle name?

I don't mean for this to be a complaint. Everyone who volunteers time to make pulls happen deserves a big thank you.

Happy pulling,

Jay

Re: score board August 14, 2018 01:36AM
That sounds like a great suggestion to me. It seems like it's something that could easily be automated through software.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: score board August 14, 2018 10:44AM
I have always thought this would be a great idea.
In addition would be nice to post max ground speed as well.
Anybody have any idea what one would cost and portability?
Something state level organizations could afford??
Is this something $2-$3K or 10-15????

Re: score board August 14, 2018 11:08AM
I would think an app or Web page could be developed for next to nothing. This could then be displayed though a screen or or cell phone and even the spectators at home.

Re: score board August 14, 2018 02:50PM
It’s not a new idea, outlaws has used one for years and it is very handy!

Re: score board August 14, 2018 02:20PM
I know the MidSouth Pullers Association has one , its nice to look & see the last pull & the leading distance
Maybe someone from that organization will chime in

Re: score board August 20, 2018 08:17AM
Our organization has a 16'x9' LED video board that is mobile that does live video, instant replay, distance scroll and advertisements. A Puller profile has also been created for our members so their picture and bio comes up when they pull. We are based out of Southeast Wisconsin. The purchase was made in 2013 and it has been a great feature at our events.

Re: score board August 21, 2018 12:10AM
If I'm not mistaken, NTPA does have a crawl running on their board that does do this.

Re: score board August 21, 2018 01:30AM
I know they used to have a craw on the bottom and give something like the top 10 but has been several years since I seen it. it was very nice to have that

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,571, Posts: 229,596, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,057, Posts: 225,852.

Our newest member BadHabit2