NTPA hot Farm September 18, 2018 11:01PM
Now that the season is winding down how did the NTPA hot farm class fair? They don’t run it in eastern Ohio or at least I didn’t see anything slated for this direction and I was hoping it had good numbers and a positive response so it would grow and hopefully the state organization would see it as a viable class option. I talked to one of the guys from the OSTPA a few years ago about a hot farm class and he was less than receptive of the idea the general impression was they were elite and anything less isn’t worth doing and that I should just conform to a class already offered so it was cool to see the NTPA has some foresight to offer a entry level class.

Re: NTPA hot Farm September 18, 2018 11:20PM
What is the NTPA’s version of “Hot Farm”? I was watching videos last night from Iowa where they have a class called “2 Hot 2 Farm” which looked like bottom tier Super Farms with no safety…no cage, no belts and no firesuit or helmet…I have no idea how they can get away with that.

Re: NTPA hot Farm September 19, 2018 12:30AM
You are comparing NTPA hot farm to a "2 hot 2 farm " class?

Re: NTPA hot Farm September 19, 2018 03:14AM
I’m not comparing NTPA Hot Farm to 2 Hot 2 Farm…I was just wondering why there’s no safety in 2 Hot 2 Farm

Re: NTPA hot Farm September 19, 2018 04:47AM
I'm going to assume you watched one of my videos..

The 2 hot 2 farm class is limited to 16mph in ECI anyways, safety equipment is required (steel flywheels, tiebars, wheelie bars, air shutoffs, etc), helmets and firesuits are not required, unless the tractor has a cage. These are a step above "farm stock". If this was an open speed class, yes, full fire suits, helmets and cages would be required.

---

Re: NTPA hot Farm September 19, 2018 12:55AM
Would love to see this class take hold and grow numbers in eastern Ohio/western PA. Also hopeful to see more dates on the NTPA schedule and maybe this class will makes it's way to some indoor pulls.

Re: NTPA hot Farm September 19, 2018 03:41AM
Yes that would be great if it would come to central/eastern Ohio,but I do believe that some of these brush pulls would have to start pulling this class too in order to get the number of tractors that will let the NTPA or the ostpa bring the class to there big pulls. I was at a pull early this summer and the organization that put that pull on said they would let the 510 hot farm class tractor pull with them but the rules were total different the guy said. He also said there was no 510 tractor that pulled with them yet.
It would be nice to see,but the down fall of pulling I myself don’t see it,just take a step back and look at all the negativity that you see in pulling anymore. I do pull and just pull once in a while around my schedule and I do enjoy. This class would be a nice jump from 2hot2 farm

Re: NTPA hot Farm September 19, 2018 03:45AM
What's the difference between hot farm and the "new rules" light pro?

Re: NTPA hot Farm September 19, 2018 05:18AM
Grubby, which light pro class and rules are you referring to?

Re: NTPA hot Farm September 19, 2018 05:42AM
ntpa hot farm is 504 open rpm p pump 3x 3.5 charger on 20.8x38 way different then a light pro

Re: NTPA hot Farm September 19, 2018 06:10AM
510 cubic inch

Re: NTPA hot Farm September 19, 2018 07:29AM
Thanks for the clarification. I thought they had limited the turbo size on the light pro class.

Re: NTPA hot Farm September 19, 2018 08:08AM
Ok I assume that hot farm 966 is talking about Full pull production letting the 510 hot farm Pull with them.
I read the rules of both classes
Class one 600cid
A-pump cooler P-pump no cooler
Basically 3x3 turbo
Factory manifolds
No more than 1” deck plate
Class 2. 510cid
P-pump no cooler
3x3.5 turbo
Aftermarket manifolds (intake must be no larger thAn 3.75)
These are the rules that stuck out the most,my question is will these two class make about the same hp.

Re: NTPA hot Farm September 19, 2018 10:43AM
Been asking and waiting on the answer to this question since this was announced

Re: NTPA hot Farm September 19, 2018 11:30AM
How many pullers wanting this NTPA hot farm in Ohio are anxious to pay 700 to 1000 dollarsa season registration to drive during the week to pull and maybe only get a few hooks

Re: NTPA hot Farm September 19, 2018 11:47AM
How about no way on them two classes being close....
How about get this class started at some of these brush pulls and maybe the class will grow and if the NTPA bring the class around then they can decide if they want to pull there or not!!!!
Not every one can afford to just to jump into the NTPA

Re: NTPA hot Farm September 19, 2018 12:24PM
?
How many pullers wanting this NTPA hot farm in Ohio are anxious to pay 700 to 1000 dollarsa season registration to drive during the week to pull and maybe only get a few hooks

That's pretty cheap when otherwise you would have to build and freshin a 600ci motor that originally started as a 466/404ci

Re: NTPA hot Farm September 20, 2018 12:45AM
?
In response to your question the problem here in eastern Ohio is every association has monster cid limits. 510 seems more reasonable. Lets face it if I’m building a super farm engine why put a smaller turbo and tires on it? I would be willing to bet if an organization over here would start smaller cid (especially if it was 466)hot farm they would have more tractors than they would know what to do with.

Re: NTPA hot Farm September 20, 2018 01:14AM
Parked

How many pullers wanting this NTPA hot farm in Ohio are anxious to pay 700 to 1000 dollarsa season registration to drive during the week to pull and maybe only get a few hooks In response to your question the problem here in eastern Ohio is every association has monster cid limits. 510 seems more reasonable. Lets face it if I’m building a super farm engine why put a smaller turbo and tires on it? I would be willing to bet if an organization over here would start smaller cid (especially if it was 466)hot farm they would have more tractors than they would know what to do with.

NAILED IT!....totally agree with you

Re: NTPA hot Farm September 20, 2018 01:49AM
So your saying you want 466 cube limit not 510 like NTPA rules are now

Re: NTPA hot Farm September 20, 2018 02:49AM
To ? No what I meant by that is if the NTPA came this direction with the class that’s great I would certainly support it. However if by chance an organization started a 466 hot farm I think you would see even more of a demand for it. Now I may be wrong in my line of thinking but I don’t think so.

Re: NTPA hot Farm September 20, 2018 03:25AM
Get the 510 class started at local level and as them #s grow,then the NTPA may bring it this way.
510 is a good limit it will let the cases in and the 505 Cummins.
I just talked to a guy that runs a dyno he said there is too big of a difference in the that Full pull production hot farm and the 510 hot farm
He wouldn’t give me any numbers but he said the one class sounds to be just a little shy of a super farm and why any one would have rules like that you might as well build a super farm so you can pull other places other that with that organization.

Re: NTPA hot Farm September 20, 2018 01:06PM
the USA-EAST Hot Farm class had an IH tractor (built by Shipley to NTPA specs) run all 2018 season. that tractor had two wins and two seconds out of fourteen hooks and finished third in the points. just sayin' ....

Re: NTPA hot Farm September 21, 2018 06:50AM
There you have it in black-and-white full pull productions has a tractor from every set of rules as proof Don’t be scared of the 600 in hot farm tractors you don’t need NTPA to make a class in Ohio or OSTPA there is a place to pull your tractor in Ohio and Pennsylvania Already in place and probably more hooks then the other organizations and definitely less cost to pull and be a member so get them hot farm tractors out and hook them up or stay in the two hot to farm or brush pull where most of the wannabes need to be anyway and there’s nothing wrong with being a want to be but making a 466 class or joining the NTPA or any state organization don’t More horsepower money makes the world go round and Money makes it down the track

Re: NTPA hot Farm September 21, 2018 09:23AM
I’m more in central Ohio have pulled in the eastern side some never been in PA pulling,but
I would still like to see the class at local levels it would be nice to pull here and there with all the same rules.
My question is why did full pull add this 510 hot farm didn’t they have enough tractor running,or was there numbers falling like everywhere else?
If the place is doing well why would you have to add something like that,and ok one tractor do you tec them alone with the others or is it the honor system.
I have been to a few brush pulls and they pay pretty good,some better than a few fair pulls.

Re: NTPA hot Farm September 21, 2018 09:27AM
the IH tractor was a past champion with USA-EAST. the owner asked us to include the NTPA Hot Farm tractor rules in our class before he went to Shipley to have his tractor completed. this was a win-win for USA-EAST.

Re: NTPA hot Farm September 23, 2018 12:05AM
I usually get on here on Sunday mornings,but find myself doing it less and less because all the negativity.
I pull hot farm here in Nebraska,and yes it would be nice see the same rules across the board,but it will never happen.
People wake up we will be the Extinction of this sport.....just reading this trend this morning
To rickFPP. You said a previous point winning came to you and ask for change in your rules and you did,
Did you take a vote on this or just go and push this threw,maybe this is why people want a larger organization to bring the rules around,if you had on set of rules and then add another set the old pullers may not of liked it or will be fine with it
Until they start to get beat CONSISTENTLY (not just once or twice). Just like in the super farm /limited pro classes.
Combo classes just don’t work a lot of complaining and the fans in the stands don’t even know what they are looking at.
Money does make the world go around but it doesn’t buy happiness but it can buy you thing to make you happy,with that being said build/pull what you can afford
People also need to remember the these big organizations were not just made up in a day some of these classes did start at local levels.

Re: NTPA hot Farm September 22, 2018 06:25AM
$buck
There you have it in black-and-white full pull productions has a tractor from every set of rules as proof Don’t be scared of the 600 in hot farm tractors you don’t need NTPA to make a class in Ohio or OSTPA there is a place to pull your tractor in Ohio and Pennsylvania Already in place and probably more hooks then the other organizations and definitely less cost to pull and be a member so get them hot farm tractors out and hook them up or stay in the two hot to farm or brush pull where most of the wannabes need to be anyway and there’s nothing wrong with being a want to be but making a 466 class or joining the NTPA or any state organization don’t More horsepower money makes the world go round and Money makes it down the track

Quote of the day from our keyboard pulling extradonaire with pockets so big he cant even disclose his real name....

Re: NTPA hot Farm September 21, 2018 07:41AM
And did you check his cubic inches probably not.....How do you know he is legal for
The 510 hot farm class you don’t.

Re: NTPA hot Farm September 20, 2018 08:20AM
1300hp in 510 class your a class filler!

Re: NTPA hot Farm September 21, 2018 03:11PM
So are you saying it takes 1400-1500 to be competitive ? In Hot Farm?

Re: NTPA hot Farm September 21, 2018 05:52PM
Big Cube P Pump
So are you saying it takes 1400-1500 to be competitive ? In Hot Farm?

To be a top contender, yes.

Re: NTPA hot Farm September 19, 2018 02:07PM
Ntpa had 4 hooks this year in eastern in 1 got rained out they 13 at one 8 at another with and 6 at the last one all very competitive tractors. There is a huge following all over Indiana with this class with Ppl Midwest region ,IPL, OVTPA all running these rules Hopefully NTPA can book several events next year for this class I have run with all these organizations and it’s awesome class with great people.On any given night anybody can win and for the most part everyone gets along. Also all the major colors are represented with red,green,orange,blue,and Massey

Re: NTPA hot Farm September 20, 2018 12:23AM
Maybe you can shed some insight as to the horsepower range of the tractors in your area under NTPA hot farm rules and maybe your estimation of where these tractors are far as $40,000 $60,000 $100,000 Builds

Re: NTPA hot Farm September 20, 2018 04:14AM
1100 to 1300 more or less,466 to 510 cubes all very capable. As far as price for builds its what you want to spend as in any motorsports, You still have to drive and read the track. I think this class has alot of potential,PPL,IPL, and ORVTPA , have had good turnouts at their events for many years alot of good people always a good show.

Re: NTPA hot Farm September 20, 2018 05:27AM
yes 510 not 504 brain fart. As for NTPA having a 466 class it already in the rule book its called PROFARM. 466 cubic inch max p pump open rpm 3x3 charger on 20.8x38. We run this class in the ntpa state level in Minnesota with the united pullers of MN

Re: NTPA hot Farm September 20, 2018 08:22AM
1300 hp in 510 class, your a class filler

Re: NTPA hot Farm September 20, 2018 12:09PM
Well here we go again. Hot Farm at 510 vs. 466. Pro farm at 466. Here in East Coast Hot farm is 466 and Pro-farm Interstate is 540. East Coast Hot Farm has gone crazy the last few years as they took a some what affordable class with a 2.8 box turbo to a $4000 turbo and as big of an A pump you can buy. So you end up with a Interstate type limited pro. It's all nuts and all different rules all over the world. If I made the classes it would be Hot Farm 466, 2.5 Box turbo and no cooler. Pro-farm 540 2.5 box turbo and cooler, Super Farm 540, 3" turbo, p-pump and cooler. Leave NTP limited Pro and Pro-stocks as is. That way you could pull in those classes any where. I know way to simple.

Re: NTPA hot Farm September 20, 2018 12:15PM
Seem a lot of people want this 510 class,who is going to be the first to push the class in there organization and not mix it up with another.

Re: NTPA hot Farm September 27, 2018 12:53PM
really
Well here we go again. Hot Farm at 510 vs. 466. Pro farm at 466. Here in East Coast Hot farm is 466 and Pro-farm Interstate is 540. East Coast Hot Farm has gone crazy the last few years as they took a some what affordable class with a 2.8 box turbo to a $4000 turbo and as big of an A pump you can buy. So you end up with a Interstate type limited pro. It's all nuts and all different rules all over the world. If I made the classes it would be Hot Farm 466, 2.5 Box turbo and no cooler. Pro-farm 540 2.5 box turbo and cooler, Super Farm 540, 3" turbo, p-pump and cooler. Leave NTP limited Pro and Pro-stocks as is. That way you could pull in those classes any where. I know way to simple.

Not sure what you are basing your numbers on. $4,000 turbo? 2nd and 3rd points holders both just had their 2.8 box type turbo modified. Way less than the $4000.00 charger but still very competitive. The rule change makes the East Coast 466 Hot Farm charger easy to tech and the same as the Interstate Pro Farm. There is no wording in the East Coast rules that specify what size A pump you must use. Just that you must run an A pump. The difference in East Coast 466 Hot Farm and Interstate Hot Farm is the following:
East Coast 10,500Lb. vs. Interstate 10,000lb.
Interstate 540 ci vs. East Coast 466 ci.
That is it.
So as far as I see it, East Coast is an Interstate like Pro farm with a few less cubic inch not anywhere near a light limited.

Re: NTPA hot Farm September 20, 2018 02:36PM
jonesy
1300 hp in 510 class, your a class filler

That’s funny, the 510 Hot Farms in Gordyville don’t want to play with subgrade class fillers
466’s from Wisconsin.

Re: NTPA hot Farm September 21, 2018 11:02PM
IH1086, why won’t the Wisconsin 466 let the 510 come play outside. It’s alright for the 510 to take a beating inside but let’s see the comparison outside. I think you will see the complete opposite. 510 are not torque monsters like the 466. Different turbo rules cause that.

Re: NTPA hot Farm September 20, 2018 12:12PM
How many tractors usually run in that 466 pro farm class? Is mn the only state running it?
As for this hot farm class, ppl has been running it for years with these rules and seem to have good results! Ostpa should consider a class like this too

Re: NTPA hot Farm September 20, 2018 02:08PM
What OSTPA should do is just add the Hot Farm 510ci. First year it might be kinda light.... 6 to 8 tractors a pull. The second year it would grow to having at least 10 in the class. If you want a 466 go pull with Central Ohio.

Re: NTPA hot Farm September 20, 2018 04:52PM
We are allowed 540ci, at Central Ohio. We have ran against Darke County tractor pullers hot farm class as long as turbo is no larger than 3x3.5 Also we are allowed 24.5 or 20.8s good group of guys to pull with too!
Robert Wiseman

Re: NTPA hot Farm September 20, 2018 03:55PM
Minnesota profarm had a consistent 8 tractors all year with as many as 13 at a few. Most hooks for any class in UPM, around 15 hooks for them this past summer.

Re: NTPA hot Farm September 22, 2018 02:32AM
MN is the only state running Pro farm currently ad there is 8-12 tractors consistently.

Re: NTPA hot Farm September 22, 2018 01:52PM
1300hp
A 466 will run with the 510. Been doing it all summer. So pick your poison.
The $100k tractors get a little sour with the 50k tractor puts 10ft on them.
And it’s nice seeing Red, Green Orange and blue on in the same class.
Would be cool to have a Mm, Oliver, and a Case. If anyone is looking for something to build.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2018 01:55PM by Johndeere9610.

Re: NTPA hot Farm October 04, 2018 11:44PM
UPOC has a new hot farm class that they started this pulling season... like pro farm because it is 466 cubic inch but you have to buy a turbo from a certain person... looks like the class is growing from the 4 tractors that are currently in it...

Re: NTPA hot Farm October 05, 2018 03:13PM
If it were up to me, I would not be part of such a group where you had to cater to only one supplier of parts. For one it is the formation of a monopoly of parts. 2, you may as well just say you have to buy your pumps, tires, heads, fuel, water, gears, injectors, and any other performance parts from the same folks! Why not just say we all have to run the same brand of tractor? Really guys! What's wrong with just simple rules? Cubic inch checks, go , no go gauges in turbo bores and slots, tire size checks check hitch, check weight and pull? That's how Central Ohio Tractor Pullers operate. Seems to work here. So why not elsewhere? As I spoke a long time ago in another post. Maybe we all just need to show up and pull the same tractor so no one has any advantage over the next guy. Oh but wait! The first guy might have an advantage over the last guy or vice versa. I have been pulling tractors for 44 years. I've won my share, and lost more than my share. However the thing that keeps me going is good competition. When we get beat, we try new and different things to get back on top, Within the rules of course. Always remember, the best in the class brings out the best in the True Competitors within the class. Because of the best in the class we strive to be better ourselves so that one day, we will be the leader! Then the cycle starts over with the guys who fell behind and new upcoming competitors. Yes it would be nice to see OSTPA pick up the Hot Farm class! However, it would be nice to see 24's allowed as Darke County Tractor Pullers have done! It would benefit NTPA, OSTPA, COTPA, Darke County, then, a lot of these guys could run many different places and cross organizations without prejudice. I believe it can benefit all orgs. as well, for example Gordyville, Midwest Winter Nationals, who tries there best to accommodate pullers from all over the country! Had to put that in there Klint! Hope you don't mind. Y'all should go check it out in January. Gifford Illinois
You would be surprised how many tractors would show up and compete! Go to Eaton Ohio, At their county fair, you will see what I mean, where 2 organizations come together to play! Hope you all had a great season, and a better one next year! God Bless
rw

Re: NTPA hot Farm October 07, 2018 01:02AM
Once you let the turbo out of the box the cost of building/running a "Starter class" becomes a high dollar class. Why does pulling continually need to line the pockets of builders and keep the young kid who would like to run a tractor with a helmet and have some fun out of the game. Not all pullers young or old like me can afford a $100,000 Hot farm but can have a great time with one less than 1/2 of that or way less. If you want to run a $4000 turbo and pump go run a SF, PS or what ever and leave the Hot Farm to us poor guys who want to have a little fun.

Re: NTPA hot Farm October 07, 2018 01:24AM
Very well said, and oh so true !!!!!

Re: NTPA hot Farm October 07, 2018 03:12AM
And now it's time to screw with hot farm. Indiana has a good little thing going on there they need to keep out large pumps but other wise they have a pretty fair set up and a good following. good entertainment for fans and not breaking the bank (yet) maybe some others will watch and learn. Affordability and consistency will lead to long term success for the class and our sport. I personally think 640 is to big and 466 very limiting more colors and different type tractor's is what keeps fans looking to see who's up next we need take start working together to keep this thing going tractor pulling for ever. Fuzz

Re: NTPA hot Farm October 07, 2018 06:48PM
The big pumps and 6000 plus turbos are already here.

Re: NTPA hot Farm October 08, 2018 02:42AM
All the more reason to stop this now or it will be light pro stock all over again the people who keep accelerating this need for more and more and stretching the rules (gray areas) are the ones that alltimetly chase off all others with here check book and eventually find themselves out there alone common sense gentlemen must prevail tractor pulling forever fuzz

Re: NTPA hot Farm October 08, 2018 02:47AM
And that’s the why a sealed box turbo from 1 vender is a great idea as long as the vender has no affiliation with anyone within the class. The best way would be the association buys the turbo and the puller buys from them. Could also have a buy rule so if said box turbo was $1000.00 new then you could purchase any competitors turbo for the same price. Then everyone is on an even playing field. If someone wants to spend 6k on a turbo then maybe they should move up to next class rather than ruin a beginner performance class

Re: NTPA hot Farm October 08, 2018 04:15AM
Question for parked.. So if someone in the class has a illegal turbo and I buy it do I get to run it for the rest of the season?

Re: NTPA hot Farm October 09, 2018 06:52AM
Obviously no. If someone were to enforce a rule such as that and found it to be Illegal then the cheating party should face penalties. Thing is if it’s sealed so there is no way to take it apart without breaking the seal then it’s doubtful it was tampered with and furthermore if I knew someone could buy it for the price of a new one then why would anyone put excessive amount in money in to it. A lot of race tracks do this to help keep money and cheating to a minimum and from what I’ve seen it can tick off a few but for the most part works as intended.

Re: NTPA hot Farm October 09, 2018 09:43AM
Mr. Parked. If you think just because everyone is running the same turbo, makes it so "Then everyone is on an even playing field" Then you are sadly mistaken! Why not do what another post read and just everyone pull the same tractor? That will be as close as you will get to an "Even playing field". Don't matter if it's a starter class or not. Someone will always have a better machine than the rest. Just saying.

Re: NTPA hot Farm October 09, 2018 10:36AM
To parked.. so what good is the buy out rule? If I am a fellow puller I should not have to be the turbo police. If you think because a turbo is sealed it can't be altered I think you are wrong.

Re: NTPA hot Farm October 09, 2018 12:24PM
I fail to understand what is so difficult about injection pump limitations if you don't have the fuel to burn You can only make so much power turbo limitations are a joke by them selves it's been tried and only leads to more cheating or more money.

Re: NTPA hot Farm October 09, 2018 02:56PM
Injector pumps are too difficult to police, unless you limit to a specific brand of pump. Kind of like some of the organizations seem to be stuck on the stupid "A Pump" rule. P pumps are much more economical to build and more popular which means lower costs. Speed limit classes are the most economical classes to begin with, however they have some big money tractors in them, however, these are more driver skill classes for sure.

Re: NTPA hot Farm October 09, 2018 06:56PM
I don't know what is so difficult about unscrewing the nut pulling the delivery valve and placing a tool in to check diameter if it's loose your to big. Fuel and cubic inch is the problem. Control these and you have a good start

Re: NTPA hot Farm October 10, 2018 07:58AM
If you want to mess with your pump or someone else's after they been calibrated and set up, go right ahead. I bet you no body gonna touch my pump other than reputable pump shop.

Re: NTPA hot Farm November 01, 2018 08:12AM
Are they sealing these pumps after ?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,580, Posts: 229,613, Members: 3,320.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,861.

Our newest member Fechtner Racing