What's good in the sport? September 20, 2018 07:19AM
There are many legitimate differences of opinion about rules, why numbers in some classes are declining, etc. Yet, there are really good things also.

What are some of the positive things about pulling?

One good thing for me, is while I wish there were more 5 and 6 engine unlimiteds, triple allisons, etc., I do recognize how screw and 18-71 blowers have made another viable alternative. I believe Ricky Rose may have won a hook with 4 14-71s this year. Even the PPL setup can step up and snag a win occassionally.

Re: What's good in the sport? September 20, 2018 01:56PM
The People put simply. We had been pulling on the GN circuit for the last few years and have gotten to know a lot of new people and have really enjoyed getting to know them all. This year we went back to pulling the RN circuit,at one of the first events we went to I remember walking through the pits talking with people that we pulled with before going GN pulling. It was refreshing to realize that I was really having a great time visiting and talking with them. I remember thinking to myself. ..I love tractor pulling. Tarry says that pulling is a disease at our house a disease of epic proportions.
Every year we go to the NFMS and get the chance to visit with friends we have made in pulling at every level. Tarry and I often talk about how many true friends we have made over the years and how great that is.

We compete with these pullers on the track all summer and butt heads over the rules but in the end we are still good friends in the pits at the end of the day. At least that is the way I see it.

That is not to mention the fans, we get to meet some great fans that also become friends.

Todd Feiss AKA S'no Farmer

Re: What's good in the sport? September 22, 2018 12:48AM
I have to agree with Todd on this one. The fans are outstanding and most are very knowledgeable about the sport. Sometimes the best thing about pulling are before and after the events. It’s always a good time going to the track.......except when you break, lol.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,616, Posts: 229,672, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,064, Posts: 225,890.

Our newest member JD_8520