Long stroke small bore / short stroke big bore October 02, 2018 03:30AM
Which do you think is the way to go and why?

Re: Long stroke small bore / short stroke big bore October 02, 2018 08:59AM
It depends if your running a rpm limit class open rpm limit ,cube limits ,mph class,Fill us in on the rules ,class and weight

Re: Long stroke small bore / short stroke big bore October 03, 2018 11:04AM
>3000rpm = big bore. <3000 = long stroke.

Re: Long stroke small bore / short stroke big bore October 04, 2018 10:24PM
have seen longer rods used with same crank, deck plate with sleaves , was told less angle on rods with this set up? and pistons don't protrude as far out the bottom at bdc. and this is on open rpm classes

Re: Long stroke small bore / short stroke big bore October 04, 2018 11:44PM
Rod angle makes zero difference just engine builders sucking $$ out of people also zero gain on dyno been thier paid that fairy tale

Re: Long stroke small bore / short stroke big bore October 05, 2018 02:49AM
I’d think less rod angle = less strain on the crank. Law of physics would tell me that’s a better deal.

Re: Long stroke small bore / short stroke big bore October 05, 2018 03:36AM
Mr builder I’m not trying to start anything but rather learn something. I was always told short stroke is better for RPM and long stroke was better for torque. Now I know these examples aren’t the same but look at the difference between small blocks and big blocks. Sb turns more rpms than bb but don’t have as much torque as the B.B. so what’s your logic or what have you seen I’m missing?

Re: Long stroke small bore / short stroke big bore October 05, 2018 03:44AM
BBQ
Mr builder I’m not trying to start anything but rather learn something. I was always told short stroke is better for RPM and long stroke was better for torque. Now I know these examples aren’t the same but look at the difference between small blocks and big blocks. Sb turns more rpms than bb but don’t have as much torque as the B.B. so what’s your logic or what have you seen I’m missing?

We're saying the same thing. Bigger bore and stock or de-stroke for anything open rpm. Long stroke for anything 3000rpm and down.

Re: Long stroke small bore / short stroke big bore October 05, 2018 08:44AM
Ok I was a little slow on the uptake got it now. Lol

Re: Long stroke small bore / short stroke big bore October 05, 2018 09:32AM
Short stroke will make a big difference on rpms .But it depends on these tractors what you call a long stroke and short stroke 41/2 inch or 5 inch wouldnt be considered long stroke or short stroke one will turn as many rpms as the other, To answer the original question that was ask the class this engine is being built for would need to be known

Re: Long stroke small bore / short stroke big bore October 05, 2018 11:23AM
So the guys that have spent the money and gone to the builders that are intelligent enough to make changes that may or may not make either combination run and win are sure as heck not going to get on a free posting site and give away a winning combination with no monetary compensation. And to the guys where “ rod angles mke zero difference” had better find a different dyno/Builder or find a new pastime.

Re: Long stroke small bore / short stroke big bore October 05, 2018 12:32PM
rod angle and length play a very big role in reliability,and performance.Opinions are your own,my be right,might be wrong,but some engines run much better than others for a reason.Just Sayin

Re: Long stroke small bore / short stroke big bore October 05, 2018 02:55PM
Antique long stroke ,3000 rpm classes long stroke mph classes long stroke and i would not consider a 5 inch stroke long for any class which for some classes would be considered a short stroke so what class brand of engine are we going to talk about cubic inch limits or what ,long or short cant be decided without knowing what its going to be used for and how equipped, a little more information longer rods also keep the piston at top dead center longer and in a lot of cases pistons can be bought a lot cheaper and takes pressure of the skirts of the piston because its pushing straighter on the piston as it goes up and down

Re: Long stroke small bore / short stroke big bore October 13, 2018 07:01AM
What about for a unlimited super stock(alcohol)

Re: Long stroke small bore / short stroke big bore October 13, 2018 12:16PM
I wouldnt want a 4 inch stroke or a 10 inch

Re: Long stroke small bore / short stroke big bore October 13, 2018 06:34PM
Rod length doesnt affect stroke of a motor. The stroke is in the crank

Re: Long stroke small bore / short stroke big bore October 13, 2018 11:50PM
who said they did

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,571, Posts: 229,597, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,057, Posts: 225,853.

Our newest member BadHabit2