PPL wanting to take our Circuit over November 13, 2018 06:44AM
So PPL is wanting to take our circuit which is currently NTPA has anyone else experienced this and what was pros and cons? Our Banquet is this Saturday to talk about the deal they have offered just wondering if anyone one else out there has done this recently?

Re: PPL wanting to take our Circuit over November 13, 2018 01:45PM
PPL wanting to take over an existing operation? That is the only way history shows how they work. They do not know how to create. Only to buy if not steal, predominantly from the long time pulling organization leader (NTPA if you don't get the gist.)
Think wisely with your decision. Their green backs are very tempting. Are you and the other pullers going to succumb? Think thoroughly through the pros & cons.

Re: PPL wanting to take our Circuit over November 13, 2018 01:50PM
And, just where is this circuit?

Re: PPL wanting to take our Circuit over November 13, 2018 02:21PM
Just click on "Newguy" blue name and you will see some data, which easily answers your question. If you still don't figure it out, it is Mid South Pullers.

A different perspective: Hard questions for NTPA November 13, 2018 02:53PM
I normally am one that is a big NTPA supporter. I remember as a boy pulls like Indiana State Fair and Indy Super Pull, and Evansville which at that time was around Labor Day was great. When I got older and had my own vehicle, Ft Recovery, Tomah, and Bowling Green (1998 onward when they came back to NTPA).

I appreciate what NTPA was and what it could be, I just am not sold on what it currently is. Don't misundersrand, the unlimited mod class is one of the most exciting in pulling, and anywhere from minis to light pros, the vehicles and drivers are as good as ever.

I am not a PPL fan for reasons I don't need to go into, and while prior posters have a point, the flip side is why would Mid South be tempted to join them?

I have Puller mags from 1980 that show NTPA member states, and there were more than NTPA and PPL combined today. Why did so many state choose to go elsewhere around 1998ish? Why did sponsors like Wrangler choose to not be involved? Why has NTPA not started their own new orgs in states where the former one went PPL or independent?

Does one man own 51% of shares of WPI stock? If so, is this a wise idea for 2018? Did someone high up in NTPA actually say "if you give pullers more money, they'll just spend it?"

My point is if groups are interested in changing sanctioning bodies, these things don't happen in a vacuum. If we can answer the question why, that would give a clue as to what NTPA needs to do..... but they would have to be willing to do those things?

I could sum up these questions with one big-picture question: Does NTPA/WPI leadership have a vision for the sport, and if so, what is it?

Re: A different perspective: Hard questions for NTPA November 13, 2018 03:39PM
Re; WPI,,,,, one man owns WAY more than 51%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: A different perspective: Hard questions for NTPA November 16, 2018 04:23PM
The Original Michael
I

I have Puller mags from 1980 that show NTPA member states, and there were more than NTPA and PPL combined today. Why did so many state choose to go elsewhere around 1998ish? Why did sponsors like Wrangler choose to not be involved? Why has NTPA not started their own new orgs in states where the former one went PPL or independent?

HUH? what did I say on July 17th of this year and you posted "the problem with pulling"?

[www.pulloff.com]

Re: PPL wanting to take our Circuit over November 13, 2018 05:22PM
From what I have heard, here are the pros and cons I have taken away from it:

Pros:
- PPL will give 22k
- Yearly registration is cheaper
- No roll cage inspection

Cons:
- A couple pulls said they would not run PPL (which I dont believe)
- Insurance is slightly more expensive for the promoter (~150 per night)
- Possibility of losing one of the big sponsors, which I doubt considering all of the pulls are next door to their dealerships.
- Insurance possibly not as good
- Several of our pullers make a lot of other NTPA pulls during the season. Meaning would have to be member of both PPL and NTPA or pay higher entrance fees

Other than that, it is my understanding that everything would stay the same.

Re: PPL wanting to take our Circuit over November 14, 2018 12:52AM
How is no roll cage inspection a pro? They might as well not hook the kill switch up to the tractor as well.

Re: PPL wanting to take our Circuit over November 17, 2018 02:47PM
Midsouth Puller
From what I have heard, here are the pros and cons I have taken away from it:

Pros:
- PPL will give 22k
- Yearly registration is cheaper
- No roll cage inspection

Cons:
- A couple pulls said they would not run PPL (which I dont believe)
- Insurance is slightly more expensive for the promoter (~150 per night)
- Possibility of losing one of the big sponsors, which I doubt considering all of the pulls are next door to their dealerships.
- Insurance possibly not as good
- Several of our pullers make a lot of other NTPA pulls during the season. Meaning would have to be member of both PPL and NTPA or pay higher entrance fees

Other than that, it is my understanding that everything would stay the same.
what pulls said they wouldn't run ppl?

Re: PPL wanting to take our Circuit over November 13, 2018 11:12PM
How about asking the other member states that switched over to PPL? (Ohio, New York, East Coast, etc) I'm assuming they are happy as most have been with PPL since 2007. Just an idea.

Re: PPL wanting to take our Circuit over November 13, 2018 11:42PM
Thought they might supply some input on here.

Re: PPL wanting to take our Circuit over November 14, 2018 12:31AM
Mid south Puller, how is not having roll cage inspection a "Pro"? I consider it needs to be a #1 safety item checked in every pulling orgainization. If you saw first hand the Walsh accident 20 years ago, you will certainly understand my point.

We do not need more Harry Bledsoe safety cage violations.

Re: PPL wanting to take our Circuit over November 14, 2018 12:52AM
just to set the record straight PPL is not trying to take over. I am the president of the midsouthpullers and I was approached by many pullers in our organization to check into PPL. So I did, they said they would get me a proposal together and get it to me. I received the proposal and put it on the agenda if you have any questions please fill free to call me, thanks Darrell Norman 256-262-2649.

Ain’t gonna fix it November 14, 2018 02:50AM
The simple task of voting PPL in & NTPA out will not fix the problems that plaigues Mid-south. It’s pretty laughable that pullers on this level are worried about the membership being $100 cheaper. However, I will say this.... I have been treated nothing but nice at any of the PPL Champions Tour & NTPA grand national hooks we’ve been to only to be raked over the coals @ Midsouth events with the same vehicles. It gets old after a while & pullers get tired of the BS but like I said, a banner change won’t fix the problems. I personally don’t care which way the association decides to go as I will still go hook where & when I choose but I encourage the ones who are dedicated to Mid-South to look at the big picture on how to make Midsouth more inviting & appealing to your fellow pullers.

Re: Ain’t gonna fix it November 14, 2018 03:00AM
Not familiar with the problems in Midsouth, please explain and share, i was thinking of pulling some with them , now not sure.

Re: Ain’t gonna fix it November 14, 2018 03:24AM
What is so uninviting about midsouth

Re: Perspective November 14, 2018 04:45AM
here's how I see it. You'll have all the same officers and probably most if not all the same tech guys just with different shirts on. You'll get $22,000 which I'm guessing is added to the points fund. by the time it's split between all the classes and then divided up by however many places it pays back it won't be chump change, but it won't be all that much extra. unless certain classes get more or its held for first place, etc. you'll save a few bucks on membership. no more roll cage snafus.
So at the end of the day, not very much will change at all.

Re: Perspective November 14, 2018 06:30AM
Just a question for the current groups running with PPL. Will PPL adopt classes not currently in there rulebook or are they just interested in the 6-8 classes that they now sanction

Would a organization with many forms of classes be a fit with PPL.

Just curious.

Ntpa. Vs ppl November 14, 2018 10:07AM
Thomas Jefferson once said a little revolution is good for the country. Maybe its time for a shake at ntpa. They have not learned a dam thing from the past 30 years of mistakes .I'm not saying I have all the answers but clearly what has been going on with the classes and rumors of of sponsor graft is not working time to cut out the cancer before the patient dies completely

Re: Ntpa. Vs ppl November 14, 2018 10:34AM
Amen-- preach it brother, stand up an testify --- seriously, NTPA has been stagnant for yrs, if they haven't got the picture by now it will be hard to convince them at this point without different new leadership ----- DRAIN THE SWAMP !!!!!

Re: Ntpa. Vs ppl November 14, 2018 04:03PM
I doubt it. as long as 1 man controls the ntpa. voting will make little difference

Re: Perspective November 14, 2018 03:57PM
Robert Alves
Just a question for the current groups running with PPL. Will PPL adopt classes not currently in there rulebook or are they just interested in the 6-8 classes that they now sanction

Would a organization with many forms of classes be a fit with PPL.

Just curious.

Have you ever seen the PPL rulebook Robert? There are many, many classes & variations of classes under PPL. I can think of at least 4 different variations of hot farm tractors in there, each unique to its geographical area. One thing that has benefited us greatly in the Carolinas is to build classes under PPL fitted to vehicles we already had running at the local level. As long as they were able to meet the safety standards set by PPL, they didn't have to build larger/smaller engines, change chassis, etc to be able to compete at our state level events. This was the first chance for many of those pullers to get a taste of nationally sanctioned pulling with reputable insurance, & PPL made available to us several tech tools & instruments which they had never seen or been checked for pulling locally. PPL has been great to work with for us at the state level.

Re: PPL wanting to take our Circuit over November 14, 2018 08:45AM
There will be some new people in leadership roles. per by laws.

Re: PPL wanting to take our Circuit over November 15, 2018 02:22AM
OSTPA has been with PPL for 11 seasons now. The PPL staff has been very supportive. Insurance wise we have as good or better insurance than we had with NTPA. We have had claims and they have all been taken care of in a timely fashion. Membership costs were similar with either organization. OSTPA has several rules that are OSTPA specific, for example SMFWD rules, LT Limited Pro Stock tractors, SS tractors, Pro Stock Semi and Modified rules. All classes must follow all PPL safety requirements but do not have to follow PPL class rules to a T. I would however suggest that the member states get together to make them the same or similar. Something the original NTPA guys started and we have strayed from throughout the country. Hence in my opinion why the TWD class is as successful as it is almost every association runs the same rules. If anyone has more questions don’t hesitate to call me.

OSTPA President
Kenny Lucas
937-620-0177

Re: PPL wanting to take our Circuit over November 15, 2018 10:49AM
Roll cage inspections can and do happen with PPL. Inspection tool and SFI information are available. Like Logan said take a look at the PPL rule book. It’s free to download from PPL’s website. You will see there are rules sections for member state organizations. Obviously safety rules are the same for all vehicles but class rules can be changed to meet your organizations needs. I have never worked with NTPA so I really can’t compare them to the time I’ve worked with PPL. I had nothing but good experiences with PPL. Even when I had to work with Logan Thomas.
Just my .02 cents.

Re: PPL wanting to take our Circuit over November 16, 2018 01:52PM
Are you to pay for the damage to a light pro due to to the ignorance of a hooker at Dover ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2018 01:02AM by jd4455ssd.

Fuqua and rule wording November 16, 2018 03:31AM
What is the wording in the NTPA Rulebook regarding the sticker visibility and placement?

Re: Fuqua and rule wording November 16, 2018 08:45PM
Shewww weeee, talk about kicking a hornets nest!!

Re: Fuqua and rule wording November 16, 2018 09:17PM
Hahaha

Re: Fuqua and rule wording November 17, 2018 08:05AM
What did MidSouth decide today NTPA or PPL?

Beating a dead horse November 17, 2018 09:20AM
They voted to go PPL

Re: Beating a dead horse November 17, 2018 01:04PM
Any details

Re: Beating a dead horse November 17, 2018 01:25PM
Michael, ntpa rulebook says "Rollcage must be certified by NTPA and display the NTPA certification sticker before being allowed to compete."

So the key word is 'display'. Dictionary defines 'display' as "make a prominent exhibition of (something) in a place where it can be easily seen."

So another NTPA member state leaves the fold. And I have heard rumblings last summer of another one. If they too leave, NTPA ain't left with much. Money squawks and talks.

Re: Beating a dead horse November 17, 2018 05:11PM
Well Mid South had the LLSS going to PPL may help the class role into other states and events if they kept it

Re: Beating a dead horse November 18, 2018 02:19AM
Midsouth did decide to go PPL. However, classes and rules will stay the same (except SF will likely change to PPL rules). Therefore, the LLSS will stay a midsouth class.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,576, Posts: 229,605, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,857.

Our newest member BadHabit2