Lloyd Neuman December 12, 2018 09:20PM
I thought I had seen all the Massey's that have pulled at Louisville. I just saw a YouTube video of the 1997 77SS class where Lloyd Neuman pulled a Massey. Does anyone know what it was he pulled and did he ever do any good with it?

Re: Lloyd Neuman December 12, 2018 10:30PM
If i remember right " key word if ", he was from Black River Falls, Wisconsin an pulled a Massey 2805 that ran on alcohol, ran good but i think it ran mostly state an regional.I cant remember the name of it, there was one from Wisconsin that was called " Hell Fire ", im pretty sure that was one an the same.

Re: Lloyd Neuman December 12, 2018 10:49PM
I think Lloyd was from Beaver Dam, WI. He called it the Midnight Massey. Also campaigned a Midnight Massey II in the early 2000s. Pulled light and heavy super stock; I saw them make some nice passes over the years; also saw them struggle to get the new tractor lit quite a few times - but when it did run it ran really good. Sons Brian and Joe took over the driving after while and haven’t heard much from them lately. I believe Hellfire is the renamed version of Midnight Massey and it might still live in northwest Wisconsin, but I’m not certain on that.

Re: Lloyd Neuman December 12, 2018 11:46PM
think on the old yt vids he had a 1150 pro and 1155 ss too

Re: Lloyd Neuman December 13, 2018 04:55AM
Brian has been helping Rick Austin with his Two Wheel Drive truck for the last few years now.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Lloyd Neuman December 13, 2018 05:28AM
Wonder if they still have it and if it could be bought ?

Re: Lloyd Neuman December 13, 2018 07:27AM
Thanks for all the memories. We ran the tractors for many years. My Dad started out with diesel Perkins and in the early 90’s the first alcohol tractor was built. I ran that through the 90’s and early 2000’s. As stated above when they ran, they ran near the top of the class. Even won the Enderle in 2001. We arguable had one of the toughest regions in those days. Plus running against the Open tractors of the day. The tractor did end up getting sold and ran a couple times in the State of Wisconsin. And the last I heard it’s floating around Minnesota somewhere in moth balls. We still have a new light super component chassis but haven’t had the time or resources to get it finished( so yes it’s for sale).
After the tractors were gone I spent the next 8 seasons running a TWD(Hangtime) with Nate Faust. Nate and I have been helping Rick out the last few seasons to stay involved and stay up with the changing technologies. There may be something in the works on that front in the near future.

Brian Neuman

Re: Lloyd Neuman December 14, 2018 06:36PM
Hey Brian, what was the family that had the "Triple Massey"??
Pretty sure you and your dad helped, but was that the old Midnight Massey?

Re: Lloyd Neuman December 15, 2018 04:36AM
The Clinton's From Strawberry Point, Ia Owned Triple Massey Jason Was Driver, It Was Originally Built And Ran By Conner Bros.

Re: Lloyd Neuman December 13, 2018 02:18PM
I have the Hellfire version of the tractor, it's pretty much in moth balls sitting in western Wisconsin. I have gathered a lot up parts to update (turbos, fuel, trans etc) but with family duties, work, building a new shop and the rest of life flying by have not gotten it together or on the track. It is also for sale/trade if any one is interested. I reached out to Lloyd after I bought it and he was super helpful with info and background on it. What a memorable afternoon it was learning the tractor's history. Maybe now is the time to get it on the track with the loss of the other V8's in heavy super? Hope this fills in some of the story.

Joe

Re: Lloyd Neuman December 13, 2018 04:07PM
Please get back out there Joe! It would be awesome to see it out running again. Best of luck with getting the shop done.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,608, Posts: 229,662, Members: 3,324.
This forum: Topics: 37,062, Posts: 225,886.

Our newest member JD_8520