LLSS Heads December 15, 2018 07:41AM
When are they going to allow aftermarket heads in the LLSS class?

Re: LLSS Heads December 15, 2018 09:07AM
And components and sigmas and any size single charger!!!

Re: LLSS Heads December 15, 2018 09:16AM
Hopefully Never. Why do you want to ruin this class? Pull the LSS if that's what you want. Leave the class alone.

Re: LLSS Heads December 15, 2018 10:04AM
So aftermarket heads aren’t legal? A LLSS tractor I was looking to buy 3 years ago had an aftermarket head on it, and had been on there for some time.

Re: LLSS Heads December 15, 2018 10:22AM
Just an Indy aluimum head on , paint it and ad metal flakes in the paint, no problems

Re: LLSS Heads December 15, 2018 12:01PM
Nice ones out there for the Cummins

Re: LLSS Heads December 15, 2018 12:10PM
Yea, thats all we Fn nead, hell lets just go components with front wheel assist, nitro methane for fuel an 6 turbos an weight at 5712 lbs at 6 miles an hr --- just sayn !!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: LLSS Heads December 16, 2018 11:37PM
comment moved to a more sensible place in this thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2018 11:39PM by sfd823.

Re: LLSS Heads December 15, 2018 12:33PM
I cannot for the life of me figure out why in the world ANYBODY would want to mess with or change in any way the class with the most diverse brands an the class thats one if not the most popular class there is.It is arguably best class in pulling.If someone wants to run after market heads there's classes for them, build for one of those classes, Light Limited Super has great numbers "LEAVE IT ALONE", ------ IF IT AINT BROKE LEAVE IT ALONE --- allowing crap like this to start will cause more to quit than more you'll get to go spend more money and buy, then get ported, polished, probably have to build another intake then another exhuast, then possible new lines so everything will fit--- money money money--- its already getting to the point of where it was never supposed to get even close too.

Re: LLSS Heads December 15, 2018 01:01PM
Can't the East Iowa Pullers are allowed to have recast heads already?

Re: LLSS Heads December 15, 2018 01:07PM
wouldnt the turbo limit the power instead of the head?

Re: LLSS Heads December 15, 2018 01:23PM
Forget that any single turbo no limits 6000 pound Run what you brung

Re: LLSS Heads December 15, 2018 02:00PM
Doesn't the Mack and the Pud Allis Chalmers have billet heads? But are they considered aftermarket, cause he made them on his own millie machine?

Re: LLSS Heads December 15, 2018 03:09PM
Ill say. a feller that can wittle out a head with a hack saw and a cold chisel is mighty talented

Thumbs up Louis December 15, 2018 02:00PM
6000, 1 charger, run what you brung, single charger, and OEM housings. I am in!

Re: Thumbs up Louis December 15, 2018 02:10PM
I agree with you and Louis. Components are the future of the sport regardless of what all these crybabies say.

Re: Thumbs up Louis December 15, 2018 02:42PM
There is probably several parked component tractors that woild love to jump in along with some pulling SS We could spot Agg chassis tractors 10 ft to get this thing going And make a any sheet metal rule. i want the first Belarus TRACTOR called CRUESHAFT 4 wheel drive would also be kool no use in messing up a log skidder for one axel

Re: LLSS Heads December 15, 2018 02:28PM
LLSS has a good following and for the most part decent parity. Pretty fair rules and nice people are some of the reasons I'm building a LLSS. If you take a look at most of the other classes there # are dwindling and the biggest reason is not enough regulation. This has happened in every other class in one way or another . the average person can spend 7500 to 15000$ a year and not cause a bankruptcy or divorce but not 50000$. This class offers a chance for the average person to be competitive with a little common sense and a fair budget. If you want all these stupid changes go to Lss or something else leave this class ALONE.

Re: LLSS Heads December 15, 2018 05:56PM
I heard thru the grapeline that components and aftermarket heads were the next thing to be introduced to the class. I sure hope so. That’d be a step in the right direction.

Re: LLSS Heads December 16, 2018 12:39AM
So why does this class need this? There's classes out if you what to build component and aftermarket heads. For you guys that don't post names , have a little guts before you post rules you think needs changing.

Re: LLSS Heads December 16, 2018 02:13AM
I agree, if they want to run those parts run light super stock.

Re: LLSS Heads December 16, 2018 08:49AM
There’s some of us that’d like to have that competitive edge and know where that grey line is. Are you satisfied getting last place with your obsolete equipment? Because I’m sure not. Make LLSS Great Again.

Re: LLSS Heads December 16, 2018 10:16AM
If your running in the back of the pack or even mid-pack, highly doubt just changing the head will get you there, the way the class is now anyone can win or run top 5 with any color, an that gray line or area that you speak of usually means cheating !!!!!!

Re: LLSS Heads December 16, 2018 10:38AM
Also, what are you gonna do when the ones running up front now change to an aftermarket head, if you cant make what youve got run with them now when others are, what do you think is going to happen when they get the opportunity to run an aftermarket head, you'll be in the same situation your in.This is in reply to AC Puller, im not bashing you but just changing the head probably won't get you to the front by itself.

Re: LLSS Heads December 16, 2018 01:58AM
Right on the money Dave. These guys should take their big idea's and their big check books go finish ruining some other class with less restrictions .don't you understand the reason why LLSS is gaining tractor's and events its because it's affordable and fun with out killing yourself financially. This mite not be a grand national class but it wasn't meant to be. ludlumjeff@gmail.com

Re: LLSS Heads December 16, 2018 05:26AM
Skidders are for the classes thats already known to be Fake news

Re: LLSS Heads December 16, 2018 04:19AM
This LLSS is fun to watch most of the tractors are less than 75k invested. I understand that is still a lot of money but not close to a full lightweight super stock. I hope they don’t let in billet heads.

Re: LLSS Heads December 16, 2018 10:22AM
Billet heads and component chassis is completely unnecessary for Light Limited Super. It's not only unnecessary but I think it will hurt the class. There are ton's and tons of OEM options and combinations out there that can be built to be competitive, why mess with it?

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: LLSS Heads December 16, 2018 02:06PM
Everyone seems so wound up about aftermarket heads, when they are already in the class. East Central Iowa's rules allow it. So how many of you have pulled against an aftermarket head and never knew it? How about Gordyville, will there be any aftermarket heads there?

I agree that components are unnecessary, but does change the fact that they should be allowed. People are spending as much on a cast rear ends, as it cost to build a component. Then you have people on here wanting to raise the weight of the class because they cant make weight. Components are lighter, strong and easier to work on, at the same cost. For that matter what is the difference between a component chassis and an Oliver rear end with tube frame, Cummins 5.9 with a clutch can and a Profab transmission? That combination is legal and no one thinks twice about it, but mention replacing that Oliver rear end with a Rockwell and everyone goes nuts. The fact is that cast tractor rear ends are getting more and more expensive to build and harder to find each day. It is a matter of time until components happen.

Re: LLSS Heads December 16, 2018 04:45PM
Jake Morgan
Billet heads and component chassis is completely unnecessary for Light Limited Super. It's not only unnecessary but I think it will hurt the class. There are ton's and tons of OEM options and combinations out there that can be built to be competitive, why mess with it?

I think I said that same thing about the light superstock class 15 years ago but what would I know after being in the seat of one for 25 years? If you want to kill a class then just allow components and it's not that I have a thing against a component tractor as much as what it does to a CLASS. And as far as the billet heads go, yes they will make more hp but if the chassis can't handle it then you better turn the wick down.

And I know how my post is going to go over, like a lead balloon.

Re: LLSS Heads December 16, 2018 07:05PM
So you don’t want components even though you’ll have the same amount of money in them & they’ll be safer and more practical to work on? Alrightyyyyy then. And, a factory or billet head doesn’t matter that much, as the turbo will be the limiting factor.

Re: LLSS Heads December 17, 2018 10:36PM
Are other class rep talked to the Eastern Iowa guys last night. They are NOT running recast aftermarket heads. They are working on updating there rule book which had that rule in . Let's not change a good thing, the rules are working even though there are different weight rules for different clubs which doesn't cost much to change. But the way I see it I can still go pull at 6700 # down to 6000# and that's what makes this class so interesting.

Re: LLSS Heads December 17, 2018 10:42PM
David Runkle(earls dream)
Are other class rep talked to the Eastern Iowa guys last night. They are NOT running recast aftermarket heads. They are working on updating there rule book which had that rule in . Let's not change a good thing, the rules are working even though there are different weight rules for different clubs which doesn't cost much to change. But the way I see it I can still go pull at 6700 # down to 6000# and that's what makes this class so interesting.

Re: LLSS Heads December 16, 2018 03:41PM
The worst thing about pulling/racing is pullers/racers. They don't see past their cowl, they only want more... They want more so bad that the result is that there are no victims, only volunteers.

CP

Re: LLSS Heads December 16, 2018 07:06PM
Run what you brung and hope your hung enuff

Re: LLSS Heads December 16, 2018 09:34PM
Better heads = more horsepower, requiring need for component chassis and better driveline = more $ minus a bunch more pullers. So did these changes help?

Or, heres a thought:

Combine LSS with DSS, then make a new LSS with 370/470 single charger of any size, component, any head material (cast or billet) and 6000#.

Then, leave LLSS as we now know it alone.

Well??

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: LLSS Heads December 16, 2018 11:43PM
hard to imagine that the prostock class hooked at 12,000 lbs and double the hp without components......

Re: LLSS Heads December 16, 2018 11:32PM
Leave LLSS alone no component chassis or aftermarket heads. There are plenty of combinations that do not require those pieces to live or be competitive. Now I do realize some cylinder heads will not hold up, eg. AC 301 diesel, and some transmissions will not hold up without a ton of modification, eg Farmall 460, Oliver 1650. If you need better head use a different engine. If you need a better transmission to start with use something that does hold up. The beauty of LLSS is that in most places the pieces of the puzzle do not have to match, so start with a good base to start with. Yes this does mean you may not be able to use grandpas allis 180 or his oliver 880, but you can if you think oliver is a component tractor use a oliver 1800 trans with a 426 allis decubed to 370 on methanol with allis d-17 sheetmetal. Leave it alone! This is the way it will stay in western new York for a long time. Jason Hohman

Re: LLSS Heads December 17, 2018 03:02AM
I was suprised to read your current rules Jason www.wnypropullingseries.com/6500lb%20Light%20Limited%20Super%20Stock%20Tractors.pdf
You have actually been very open on combinations you can build. By using these rules Cummins can be in Ford . Any Allis motor could show up in Moline White or Oliver.

Sort of mix and match. The only one left out is John Deere. Curious if this is used in other groups as well.

Re: LLSS Heads December 17, 2018 04:37AM
While I mostly thought this would be a good class to get involved in, it is quickly becoming the biggest mess a class be. With each group putting their own "spin" on what's legal and what's not. I read this and wonder what kind of a mess it creates:

1. Engine crankcase, block, and cylinder head must be of same manufacturer. And can be used in any agricultural
transmission and rear end that used that brand of engine, or through its company mergers used that brand of
engine.

Case, Farmall/International, Ford, New Holland, Case IH = CNH

Oliver, Moline, Cockshutt, White, Allis, Deutz = Agco

2. Rear of engine block to be mounted a maximum of 60 inches for center of rear axle and be mounted rigid in
frame.
a. Unless it came from factory in a length longer than mentioned above.

So you can mix and match pretty much anything within those two families, and then we have rule #2 also........but component chassis would be a deal breaker?!? Like, just plain evil you say?!?

If you have ever worked on ANY type Ag chassis vs a component, you would wonder why anyone would want to stick with a cast rear.....I don't understand why it is such a feared animal.

Cylinder heads (stay OE only) and turbochargers (go with a box rule) is where the focus should be.

Re: LLSS Heads December 17, 2018 08:32AM
Some of you guys amaze me, the class has grown every year and you still want to change it, all of us in tge class has spent the money where it needed to be spent on the transmission and rearend years ago, then you guys want to change the rules because to fit YOU !!!! Build for the class rules in your area that you plan on running !!!! DON'T try to change something that has proved itself to work, it would make alot of sence to let one or two go component and ten park because of it wouldn't it " NOT " like patches said pro stocks at twice the horsepower an almost twice the weight " and i wont even get into the tourqe factor " an they still held up, and if your going to run a LLSS you just as well get ready to work on it, if you run at the front your going to be doing maintenance regularly- trust me --- AGAIN BUILD WITHIN EXISTING RULES--ITS WORKED FOR YEARS !!!!!!

Re: LLSS Heads December 17, 2018 08:54AM
I'd be fine with "recast" heads as long as that head can be bolted on a stock engine, all stock valvetrain, injectors, manifolds, and accessories fit the head, and it can be used in a stock application to some extent.

If we're stirring up chit, I personally think OEM 4 valve heads and commonrail injection on the diesels should be permitted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2018 08:56AM by sfd823.

Re: LLSS Heads December 17, 2018 09:27AM
And you've already got 100 cubic inches an a bigger turbo --- an know you want 4 valves per cylinder and common rail --- lol ---- you do realize how this makes you sound dont you -- geezz

Re: LLSS Heads December 17, 2018 10:02AM
#1 I have no interest in a 470 diesel.
#2 I wouldn’t use a 4 valve head. .
#3 I wouldn’t use commonrail injection.

Hundreds of thousands of dollars have been poured into CR injection in the truck world, and it still hasn’t proven to have a significant advantage over a p pump except for the classes limited to a small charger.

4 valve heads generally aren’t a game changer. More isn’t always better.

The only reason I think it should be permitted is to show we as a class are actually interested in progressing with engine rules. It would interest a large number of new pullers that would be interested in building if they could run a fuel system that they’re familiar with. While it’s allowed is some classes now, the volume of fuel needed in those applications is what keeps it from being realistic. It would work for us.

It’s not my cup of tea, and I wouldn’t be interested in in running it. I’m just capable of taking my own blinders off and looking around once in a blue moon.

All that being said, I’ll probaly build a alcohol engine for this class. There’s a lot of potential within the rule book that nobody is taking advantage of.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2018 10:09AM by sfd823.

Re: LLSS Heads December 16, 2018 11:40PM
"With the turbo rules, billet or aftermarket heads won't matter"

LOL

I'm honestly not sure if that's sarcasm, or if we're really that stupid.

Re: LLSS Heads December 17, 2018 12:53AM
Leave the LLSS class alone....It already costs plenty the way it is...Why do pullers want to ruin a good class.....If you want more horsepower built a Light Super and pull against Chizek..

Re: LLSS Heads December 17, 2018 02:05AM
And what is everyone's thought on PPL Western Series allowing recast heads?

Re: LLSS Heads December 17, 2018 03:00AM
I think it's just not the PPL Western Series, your talking about Gordyville, and all the indoor pulls. All ready getting calls on this. Guys will quit if this rule is implemented or just won't go to events with this rule. This is just a bad idea.

Re: LLSS Heads December 17, 2018 03:18AM
No I was talking about the PPL Western Series. They allow Recast Heads.

Re: LLSS Heads December 17, 2018 03:54AM
We we're told last year that is was Gordyville rules with a weight difference of a 100 pound between the two fuels. The rules are petty vague for the engine rules . OEM engine but doesn't get into the head rules. Maybe with this discussion Clint might come out with more in depth wording on these rules.

Re: LLSS Heads December 17, 2018 04:27AM
I was sitting in the meeting with Klint speaking he said Recast were allowed, alky's weigh 100 less than diesel.

Re: LLSS Heads December 17, 2018 06:22AM
What do you call a recast head hyper has a head with parts number on it

Re: LLSS Heads December 17, 2018 08:28AM
Your dt466 single turbo 3x4-6 turbo tractors I promise you have recast heads already running in the LLSS. This is problem in ProFarm,LPS,HotFarm. and has been for a few years. MSTPA has a recast head rule in affect and Im guessing if your going to the KC indoor pull you will be pulling against them. If its a IH 400series block you better be checking the heads.

Re: LLSS Heads December 17, 2018 09:28AM
this was all talked about a while ago in a topic,on heads and such,there is not really much tech going on --- sure I know they check fuel,(with a styrofoam cup) come on we have stuff in the kitchen that will melt those,hy tech stuff there bioz,and some turbo sizes are looked at once in a while. But overall not much is checked .Just like speeding on the hiway,have driven 40 plus yrs,several million miles many with cdl,only got log checked twice,one speed,several DOT inspections,over all those miles,??? and pulling is the same,on an honor system,propably not so much. We go to win,play and spend the money to do so very willingly,in Poker you need to show your hand when "called",in pulling hardly any calling.

Re: LLSS Heads December 17, 2018 11:38AM
This is some funny crap .Here a few want component Another post is who had the first in SS WOW whoever had the first screwed over the whole pulling world Take a look at the numbers HOLLY CRAP went to shitt starting from that day forward now those classes aint got POOP it takes a major event and a lot of travelling to get enough at one event to put on a show.Really looks like progress THOSE INOVATORS REALLY DONE SOMETHING They really need your guys help in those classes just add another turbo and your recast head and go get some .Or stay in this class with your Agg chassis and get a head from me and you want need no recast LOL

Re: LLSS Heads December 18, 2018 01:13AM
In my observation I have seen very few if any brag Lewis C. up,other than Himself,makes me wonder ?

Re: LLSS Heads December 18, 2018 03:45AM
I'm thinking with the 1% rule and recast head rule that a DT414 with a wipeout head, a precision charger, and a cooler would be an absolute animal in that class. Then you give it an extra 100 pounds over the alky and I don't see the alky ever catching up.

Re: LLSS Heads December 18, 2018 09:30AM
Pullinfan4255
I'm thinking with the 1% rule and recast head rule that a DT414 with a wipeout head, a precision charger, and a cooler would be an absolute animal in that class. Then you give it an extra 100 pounds over the alky and I don't see the alky ever catching up.

You pretty much nailed it and actually went a little overboard. It wouldn't take a 414 or a recast head to do it. Also probably wouldn't want a precision turbo either as they are a little behind the curve. Amazes me how blind the grease burners are

Re: LLSS Heads December 18, 2018 09:35AM
It amazes me all you guy's talk the talk but DON'T walk the walk !!!

Re: LLSS Heads December 18, 2018 09:43AM
!!!!!?????
It amazes me all you guy's talk the talk but DON'T walk the walk !!!

What makes you think we don't walk the walk? It works in other classes too Winking

Re: LLSS Heads December 18, 2018 09:57AM
Hhhumm - i thought the topic of this thread was LLSS HEADS-- not other classes

Re: LLSS Heads December 18, 2018 10:03AM
!!!!!?????
Hhhumm - i thought the topic of this thread was LLSS HEADS-- not other classes

Thank you for post, it's is helping to solidify the last line of my original post......There is a whole big world going on all around you and if you pay some attention to what others are doing outside of your class you might get somewhere.

Re: LLSS Heads December 18, 2018 10:14AM
Pretty Close -- im already there- have been for several years- waiting on you to catch up !!!

Re: LLSS Heads December 18, 2018 10:21AM
Lol ok

Re: LLSS Heads December 18, 2018 11:52PM
You bring that combo to one of our pulls, and you'll be pushing it back on the trailer and going home.

The 1% rule has and always will be for wear, and for cleaning up the cylinders during rebuild. It's not to sneak a bigger engine in a set of rules that were written to keep them out of that engine configuration. See the engine configuration written for that series of engine.

Re: LLSS Heads December 19, 2018 12:44AM
sfd823
You bring that combo to one of our pulls, and you'll be pushing it back on the trailer and going home.

The 1% rule has and always will be for wear, and for cleaning up the cylinders during rebuild. It's not to sneak a bigger engine in a set of rules that were written to keep them out of that engine configuration. See the engine configuration written for that series of engine.

sfd823 where do you pull? Is de-cubing allowed in your club? If it was I think you would have a hard time proving that a guy didn't build a 414 at 410 and then it got "cleaned up" as you say to 414.

Re: LLSS Heads December 19, 2018 01:39AM
I have had my 410 apart a cleaned up . It will not give my an extra 4 cubes. This 1% rule is overrated. Should be no tolerance on cubic inch

Re: LLSS Heads December 19, 2018 02:28AM
I have had my 410 apart a cleaned up . It will not give my an extra 4 cubes. This 1% rule is overrated. Should be no tolerance on cubic inch

A .020" overbore will give right at 4 cubic inches

Re: LLSS Heads December 19, 2018 03:30AM
Why would you over bore if there's a cube limit?

Re: LLSS Heads December 19, 2018 03:40AM
Why would you over bore if there's a cube limit?

Because that’s the intent of the 1% rule...... not all engines are of the wet sleeve variety

Re: LLSS Heads December 19, 2018 04:08AM
So the 1%rules allows tractors to be over cubed with a cubic inch limit? That's good to know.

Re: LLSS Heads December 19, 2018 05:02AM
Yes if a club allows a 1% tolerance on a limit of 410 then 414.1 cubes would be a legal entry. This is nothing new, been this way for years in many orgs.

Re: LLSS Heads December 19, 2018 07:04AM
No replacement for displacement Smiling

Re: LLSS Heads December 19, 2018 02:44AM
Pullinfan4255

sfd823 where do you pull? Is de-cubing allowed in your club? If it was I think you would have a hard time proving that a guy didn't build a 414 at 410 and then it got "cleaned up" as you say to 414.

I pull in Ohio. Decubing is not permitted on diesels with the rules we run.

Re: LLSS Heads December 18, 2018 07:13AM
Oh how I with there was a thumbs up button I’d hit it like it was crazy

Re: LLSS Heads December 18, 2018 08:13AM
Josh - which post you refering too???????????

Re: LLSS Heads December 18, 2018 08:47AM
It had to be yours XYZ THE ONLY POST WITH CONTENT AND MEANING

Re: LLSS Heads December 18, 2018 08:38AM
With that observation ZPX i would also think you have noticed its just a few of the same people on here that just change there names around call me i can give you some references you may be surprised of who and how many ive done what for But i do agree with you it sounds a little fishy and must be top secret I do what i do more as a hobby in my spare time not for a living because i enjoy it

Re: LLSS Heads December 18, 2018 09:47AM
Tell everyone oh all knowing Lewis ...................... what flow bench do you use to make sure that willy nilly grinding you do is actually helping increase CFM without hurting port velocity AND keeping ports all balanced on air flow ........................ Im over here with popcorn waiting.

Re: LLSS Heads December 18, 2018 11:10AM
Why beat up on Lewis? I enjoy reading his comments. Keep em coming Lewis. At least you use your name!

Re: LLSS Heads December 18, 2018 01:16PM
Never could figure out how a real name would change the words,facts or opinions one way or another.That is like a gas station / conveincence store near me requires a signiture front and back,on a personal check to assure worthiness,REALLY , so where am I wrong on this ???????????? A bad signing on the front can be made good with another on the back - just facts my friends,to my knowledge I have not seen any endorsments about some posters products,opinions,work or history,other than jawing and shooting the bull. in general and on most topics.

Re: LLSS Heads December 18, 2018 01:35PM
Xyz I hope you are right about this just being a place for bs. But some people who comment here I'm afraid have serious ideas. I just hope for once in the tractor pulling world common sense and good judgment will prevail. As I have said before this class offers a chance for the average person to be able to compete with a decent tractor and a little common sense . why with all the other classes out there does this one always attract all the nuts

Re: LLSS Heads December 18, 2018 02:12PM
I am refering to pretty much one poster blowing his own horn,not bs in general on here,however common sense seems to be lacking these days,some change is good and welcomed,some change need not happen !!!!!!!! I see rules being pushed,bent,not enforced in many classes and levels of pulling. When we compete,in my opinion,we are all very assertive and aggessive in our thinking,desires to win and up the game,that is what drives us to go,spend and have fun,problem is everyones monetary level of affordability is different,as is passion and prioritizing,I travel a lot to participate,others not so much,some think that the changes they what are good and many others might not agree,or want changes in a different area.Happens in all motor sports,bending the rules and interpetion can be a grey area.Deep pockets does not mean automatic wins or domination,but it sure makes it easier to "change". And change can be wonderful,makes for new invovative products,increased efficency,can save time,effort and what not,,I don't think mant want to give up high tech phones or computers,fuel injection ,-- ect.I guess it is human nature as a competitor to push the limits and run an improved stock tractor in the stock class if we can get away with it,seen it a lot,same thing with different turbos,tires,pumps and c.i. in many classes.I am a 40 yr. puller veteran and I can barely tell the difference in many classes,with sled changes,the sound,distance pulled,sheet metal are very similar. My folks always preached,"LEAVE GOOD ENOUGH ALONE" !! That is not productive either.

Re: LLSS Heads December 18, 2018 02:37PM
whiz, I will give that pat on the back have competed with lewis for years and have had to run hard to win, sometimes we didn't but never had any problems. I have been to his place and he to mine and I can't recall it ever being about how great either were. I have had more junk than most folks and always just pulled for fun. There is a group that forgets this is for fun, like it or not there sure isn't a big enough check each week to make it a job. Now Lewis you know these great pullers that haven't got a name have forgotten more than either of us know. The biggest thing is this class has very minor problems and I would hope most organizations realize this and won't allow much straining of the rules.

Re: LLSS Heads December 18, 2018 02:13PM
K Backer I have done a few heads for a big name in the building industry Grand National level just because i only port they do the rest and like my work and sub to me when they get behind and need some help i have access to the bench and have had several flowed enough to know what im doing to the point if you need that piece of paper that wont make any difference what so ever to shove up your Hello i can get it for you .I have done enough heads for this class to know if you want to put someones Billet all out SS head with them big numbers on your tractor a bone stock head with good springs will beat your ass.Dont get pissed at me for knowing so much Im 52 worked for a IH dealership and a used implement dealership for several years and traded on a 100 or so fixer up tractors on the side owned 7 pulling tractors built from scratch on a tight budget out of junk thats been points winners or placed in the top 4 and started pulling at age 12 and was the second tractor hooked to the sled when this class was started in ky if you xxx or xyz or anyone has a problem 270 566 2901 call me dont down me to make me give myself that pat on the back

Re: LLSS Heads December 19, 2018 02:29AM
No problems,-- effects me in no way,just that my obersvation of posts,I think it is "FUNNY" !!!!!!!! SOME OTHERS POST ON HERE FREQUANTLY,BUT THE INFORMANTION THAT IS SHARED IS INFORMANTION ABOUT ISSUES BEING DISCUSSED. (sorry about the caps!!!).We have sites like this on many subjects,helps promote,and improve ideas,thoughts and connect people with supplies,products and it is a great thing,easy,quick and very helpful. Thank you Morgans. The for sale is great,wanted helps,and pulls listed are easily accessed,thanks again.

Re: LLSS Heads December 19, 2018 02:00PM
Bob7337. Is right on the money there will always be some demanding changes (and its usually for there personal benefit) to this and other classes but right now anyone who can't see why LLSS is gaining tractor's and hooks is wearing blinders Leave THIS THING ALONE!!!!!

Re: LLSS Heads December 19, 2018 12:25PM
Just my dumb thinking. If class is growing, moat of pullers are happy why change the rules? Seems to me rules they have now are working!

Re: LLSS Heads December 19, 2018 01:57PM
Bob7337
Just my dumb thinking. If class is growing, moat of pullers are happy why change the rules? Seems to me rules they have now are working!
K backer that was a great post the rules wont be changing any time soon AC puller just tried to get something started which i admire makes my job of stirring things up and getting some blood pumping a lot easier

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2018 02:03PM by Lewis Conner.

Re: LLSS Heads December 20, 2018 11:09AM
Lewis Conner

K backer that was a great post the rules wont be changing any time soon AC puller just tried to get something started which i admire makes my job of stirring things up and getting some blood pumping a lot easier[/quote

Hey Lewis .................. thats NOT my post I sign my name and ALWAYS have. Good try though Plus Im not saying you need aftermarket heads or billet anything. I dont really care ...... Just want the unsuspecting to know a bit of truth

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2018 11:12AM by KBacker.

Re: LLSS Heads December 19, 2018 02:15PM
Lewis did a great job on building my engine. I highly recommend him.

Re: LLSS Heads December 20, 2018 02:26AM
AC Puller asked the question because the national rules do not allow aftermarket heads, but some local groups do. Having an AC, I would sure like to be able to run an aftermarket head.

Re: LLSS Heads December 20, 2018 03:20AM
AC puller . I have a 301 head I would sell with 6 intake ports , and costum intake manifold

Re: LLSS Heads December 20, 2018 03:55AM
John I'd like to see, unless its a diesel head your referring to, can you bring it Murfreesboro ?

Re: LLSS Heads December 20, 2018 11:33AM
I had one that was all opened up like they do with the Cummins ,tools off several lbs of boost that is flowed substantially Better gained 100 cc fuel and 8% in gear . Can be done if creative enough but nowadays for most just use the 426 if you want to stay true Allis !

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,564, Posts: 229,578, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,055, Posts: 225,839.

Our newest member BadHabit2