Loose Injection Pump Drive Gear On DT 466 IH December 16, 2018 09:07AM
I recently pulled the P pump off my DT 466 powered IH puller...The pump drive gear is very loose and can be moved to touch both sides of the timing gear cover..I assume that theres a problem?

Re: Loose Injection Pump Drive Gear On DT 466 IH December 17, 2018 10:51AM
Anyone??? Surely others have had this happen..

Re: Loose Injection Pump Drive Gear On DT 466 IH December 17, 2018 11:21AM
Do you have the front cover machined for the 5/8 Allen head bolt to come through the front? If not get in touch with an engine builder and they can get you in the right direction. Wipeout enterprises, GMS and Riverside are a few that are in my area. We had to do that many years ago when we switched from our rotary. Hope this helps good luck.

Re: Loose Injection Pump Drive Gear On DT 466 IH December 17, 2018 11:19AM
The gear driving the pump is lose? That means the bushing/bearing it rides on is more then likely shot. If you haven't already drill and tap the block for the bigger bolt and get the front cover drilled out for the idler support. this should cure the idler(drive) gear issue.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2018 11:22AM by Oly.

Re: Loose Injection Pump Drive Gear On DT 466 IH December 18, 2018 01:11AM
Thanks guys....The front cover hasn't been drilled for the bolt to come thru..

Re: Loose Injection Pump Drive Gear On DT 466 IH December 18, 2018 02:38AM
All you really need is the cover machined and the bearing support which protrudes through the housing. No real need for the bigger bolt unless yours is ruined due to the bolt coming loose.

Re: Loose Injection Pump Drive Gear On DT 466 IH December 18, 2018 04:19AM
Help
All you really need is the cover machined and the bearing support which protrudes through the housing. No real need for the bigger bolt unless yours is ruined due to the bolt coming loose.

I see that Kennys's Pulling Parts will machine it for $80.00 and will sell the support and 3 different size bolts for another $80.00....I wish I lived closer to KY as I've had too much lost or broken stuff when shipping...

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,580, Posts: 229,613, Members: 3,320.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,861.

Our newest member Fechtner Racing