Coolest sheetmetal not used....thoughts? December 29, 2018 12:24PM
Since the lb/hp game has slowed down, Ive gotta new question:

Whats the coolest sheetmetal not being used in pulling in the U.S.?

For me its the Mach series Lamborghini metal shown HERE.

I think it would be neat and the futuristic lines would attract young kids. (Think Transformers).

Take a look and offer your ideas.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Coolest sheetmetal not used....thoughts? December 29, 2018 01:09PM
Fendt and Valtra sheetmetal would be neat. I’m surprised we haven’t seen a BBJD powered New Holland prostock yet. Why not at this point.

Re: Coolest sheetmetal not used....thoughts? January 25, 2019 09:43PM
A Same Dinosauro, Super Titan 190, Iron 200, Diamond 230.
McCormick X8.660 or Landini 7-230.

Something Euro style

Re: Coolest sheetmetal not used....thoughts? December 29, 2018 01:29PM
I think the new 1000 series fendt would be cool since we are starting to see more of them in the U.S.

Youth December 29, 2018 03:06PM
Very good topic and I applaud you for thinking of attracting the attention of the youth. More focus needs to be on the youth which is the future of the sport we all love!

Re: Coolest sheetmetal not used....thoughts? December 29, 2018 03:45PM
Deutz?

Re: Coolest sheetmetal not used....thoughts? December 30, 2018 02:51AM
Jeez Brian, that Lambo sure is a sharp tractor!!

Re: Coolest sheetmetal not used....thoughts? December 30, 2018 09:50AM
The 1000 series Fendt would be great. But after the roll cages were added, I've thought it would be cool to take an IH 1206 or Ford 9000 and add a chopped down, or lowered cab with tinted glass and make it look "old school".
With some of the immaculate tim work that some of these builders are doing, they could make it look good.

Re: Coolest sheetmetal NOT used... December 30, 2018 12:48PM
1206 and 9000 have already been used. This is about what metal hasn't been used.

Re: Coolest sheetmetal NOT used... December 30, 2018 02:33PM
A kubota would relate to a lot of the kids because a lot of the smaller farms are using them or a Mahindra .But you can look at all these newer tractors change the coler and decals they look the same

Re: Coolest sheetmetal NOT used... March 09, 2019 02:39AM
Pretty certain there's a Mahindra in the process of being built as we speak. Should be interesting to see what it looks like when it's finished.

Re: Coolest sheetmetal not used....thoughts? January 01, 2019 01:48AM
Make it a rat rod puller with a chopped cab and raked chassis.

Ed.

Volvo BM 810 March 09, 2019 03:02AM
I know there's a bunch of 'em over in Europe, but I think it'd be kinda cool to see a Volvo pro stock over here!

Re: Coolest sheetmetal not used....thoughts? December 31, 2018 04:48AM

I think it would be fun to see a Hesston tractor. Not so much because I have any real affections for them, they are actually kind of ugly, and I've never even stood next to one in real life. I just don't recall seeing one on the pulling track and they would be different, I'm a fan of different.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2018 02:16PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Coolest sheetmetal not used....thoughts? December 31, 2018 05:41AM
I would be kind of partial if this sheet metal was used ... LOL

Re: Coolest sheetmetal not used....thoughts? December 31, 2018 05:22PM
The best sheet metal and tractor on the market is a Belarus!

Re: Coolest sheetmetal not used....thoughts? January 02, 2019 02:10PM
I Agree Bryan the Ol JD 830 sheet metal looks awesome As does the Farmall H ( PREPARATION H) sheet metal
I wish more old stuff was used , it looks awesome ,and brings back memories
to the older generation, plus they tell the younger ones how things used to be when they was farming with them certain tractors

all the sheet metal to me could & is made safe with all the safety rules that are in place , that's my 2 cents

Re: Coolest sheetmetal not used....thoughts? January 31, 2019 01:34AM
The hardcore Schlüter guys in Germany would HANG you, finding out there is any original Schlüter piece on your puller... lol.
I always found the idea of using one of their inline 8s pretty interesting though.

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Re: Coolest sheetmetal not used....thoughts? January 31, 2019 01:30AM

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Re: Coolest sheetmetal not used....thoughts? January 01, 2019 09:47AM
No real reason, just something different.

[www.deutz-fahr.com]

[www.fendt.com]

An old school M would be something too

Re: Coolest sheetmetal not used....thoughts? January 02, 2019 01:12AM
Super 70 Series...

I know there are a couple of 2+2's in Europe but haven't seen any Super 70 Series sheet metal around here.

Re: Coolest sheetmetal not used....thoughts? January 02, 2019 02:59AM
Just noticed that the background for the Lamborghini website is the Natchez Trace Bridge outside of Franklin, TN

Re: Coolest sheetmetal not used....thoughts? January 02, 2019 03:15AM
1938 UDLX MM with chopped top but far too valuable to use an original tractor..

Re: Coolest sheetmetal not used....thoughts? January 02, 2019 04:00AM
udlx isn't ntpa legal

Re: Coolest sheetmetal not used....thoughts? January 02, 2019 07:49AM
MM lover brings up a good example and the open cab version of the UDLX - the UDLX-OPN - would be awesome in my opinion. A lot of good, interesting and unique options out there.

Patches brings up an interesting point in that isn't NTPA legal, which is unfortunate. I look at using vintage metal as being a teaching tool for young fans about the history of tractors and futuristic thinking of manufacturers. I have no axe to grind with the NTPA about the rule, its their rule set to do with as they wish but that precedent shouldnt prevent a competitor from building to compete in other state, regional, and national sanctioning bodies...it just wont fly at a NTPA event. The 30 series Deere built by Tantrum set a new standard that I wish more would step to, and with all the fuss about cookie cutter tractors is this not the way to create interest?

Thanks again for all the input folks, keep your ideas coming!

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Coolest sheetmetal not used....thoughts? January 02, 2019 08:38AM
Why wouldn't the UDLX be legal?

Re: Coolest sheetmetal not used....thoughts? January 02, 2019 08:48AM
If YOU HAD A SFI ROLE CAGE UNDER THAT CAB AND KNOW GLASS HOW COULD IT NOT BE

Re: Coolest sheetmetal not used....thoughts? January 03, 2019 12:51PM
Bryan, Along the same lines as the UDLX, I have always wanted to see a ZT or RT grill/hood combination with the red grill screen and the side tins with the louvers. I believe I had read that Edson had the grill of an original 460 was enlarged mathematically to fit the engine. As a MM fan, I would love to see this grill/hood combo enlarged surrounding a massive engine compared to the 25 HP from the factory.

Re: Coolest sheetmetal not used....thoughts? January 02, 2019 09:25AM
rule book states 1961 or newer sheet metal

Re: Coolest sheetmetal not used....thoughts? January 02, 2019 10:16AM
Isn't that 1961 rule just for component tractors?

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2019 10:16AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Coolest sheetmetal not used....thoughts? January 02, 2019 10:27AM
I thought it was 1960. Component only can use whatever hood.

Where does preparation H fit in?

What about the McCormick hoods that are on an IH chassis?

Re: Coolest sheetmetal not used....thoughts? January 02, 2019 01:18PM
Andre Bedard
I thought it was 1960. Component only can use whatever hood.

Where does preparation H fit in?

What about the McCormick hoods that are on an IH chassis?

I too wondered how the Harmons Preparation H fits in? Its got 1950's sheet metal and hooks some with NTPA..

Re: Coolest sheetmetal not used....thoughts? January 02, 2019 01:41PM
rules have never, and never will be enforced completly and unbiased ever all the time every where.Just never happens,we can all name examples. Happy New Yr 2019 pulling or not.

Re: Coolest sheetmetal not used....thoughts? January 27, 2019 12:56AM
Preparation H uses and Australian AW7 body made up until 1960.

CP

Re: Coolest sheetmetal not used....thoughts? January 06, 2019 08:34AM
Versatile

Re: Coolest sheetmetal not used....thoughts? January 06, 2019 08:46AM
Claas as well

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2019 11:54PM by CentralIAFan.

Re: Coolest sheetmetal not used....thoughts? January 06, 2019 01:01PM
Landini or a 1310 long

Re: Coolest sheetmetal not used....thoughts? January 31, 2019 02:54AM
97 massey

Re: Coolest sheetmetal not used....thoughts? January 31, 2019 05:46AM
I just thought of it a tractor thats part of the Agco line but never mentioned a LANDINI and should be leagle to run anything under the hood a mf can cummins perkins or whatever

Re: Coolest sheetmetal not used....thoughts? February 21, 2019 01:35PM
The new VersaBota

Re: Coolest sheetmetal not used....thoughts? February 21, 2019 04:05PM
Hoyt Clagwell. LOL. Green Acres fans will get it.

Re: Coolest sheetmetal not used....thoughts? February 22, 2019 02:04AM
Hard to beat this:

[www.autobild.de]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2019 02:22AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Coolest sheetmetal not used....thoughts? February 22, 2019 02:19AM
There was a Deutz at the Farm Show with the hood I suggested at first, it's basically the same as the Lambo hood I suggested. It's a massive piece and I'm not sure it would look right scaled down onto a LSS. Still has some neat lines. I also like the new Versatile hood, it's different for sure.

Re: Coolest sheetmetal not used....thoughts? February 23, 2019 12:12AM
Bryan there is a deutz farm stock in Holland with the slightly smaller version of that hood, will be out this year.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,578, Posts: 229,608, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,858.

Our newest member BadHabit2