Iowa state fair 2019??? January 01, 2019 01:10PM
Any word if they are going to have a pull this year or just more crappy concerts?

Re: Iowa state fair 2019??? January 01, 2019 04:14PM
Pulls are over at the State Fair as is all kinds of Motorsports , it's not an AG Fair anymore.

Re: Iowa state fair 2019??? January 02, 2019 01:58AM
Was told at Fair Convention that construction was to start this year on a 6000 seat grandstands and a new track.. We'll see though

---

Re: Iowa state fair 2019??? January 02, 2019 06:42PM
Yeah, not supposed to be any pulling events til 2020
I'd be surprised if roundy round racing ever comes back, as much trouble as it causes for no more benefit than fairgrounds sees from it.

Re: Iowa state fair 2019??? February 25, 2019 08:02AM
Have never attended the Iowa fair, was hoping to camp near for the tractor pulls. Guess I'll be going to the Illinois fair in 2019.

Re: Iowa state fair 2019??? February 25, 2019 03:04PM
Good luck getting camping spot at ISF, last I knew you have to be on a list for years before you get a spot, they sell them on Craig’s list for crazy money.. There’s families that have had same spot since the 60’s..

Re: Iowa state fair 2019??? February 25, 2019 06:15PM
If you want camping, better go to Missouri state fair
plenty of camping and pulling

Re: Iowa state fair 2019??? February 26, 2019 10:28AM
Herd on radio this week it would be2 years before tractor pulls are back at the fair.

Re: Iowa state fair 2019??? February 27, 2019 12:49PM
Wonder what kind of show they are planning.
Only 6000 seats.
Do they plan to bring in rental seating for the pull?
Aaron, what radio station had information from the fair on tractor pulling? That is great to hear!!

Re: Iowa state fair 2019??? February 27, 2019 01:12PM
Rumor from 1-2 years ago was 3 days of pulling.. Outlaw/PPL/Local or something to that affect

So, if they build this new 6000 seat grandstand/dirt facility, there is suppose to be opportunity for other events. Demos, rodeos, monster trucks, thrillshows, etc

Of course, all events will have to be afternoon events, you can't have a 4 engine mod running down the track while some pop country act is in front of the main grandstand..

---

Re: Iowa state fair 2019??? February 27, 2019 06:43PM
Yeah, they were talkin a scaled down show that run in the afternoon and have a music act over in the grandstands, that night.

Re: Iowa state fair 2019??? February 28, 2019 06:09AM
W H O 1040

Re: Iowa state fair 2019??? August 14, 2019 02:33AM
I guess since today would be the normal tractor pull day at the ISF, a rendering of the new 3/8th mile track should mean that the ISF fairboard is actually somewhat serious about bringing races and a pull back to the fair. I was told that at the Association of County Fairs dinner meeting last week, they're saying 2021, it was going to be 2020, but the 4H building received a large donation and they need to focus their efforts on that building renovation.

---

Re: Iowa state fair 2019??? August 16, 2019 06:24AM
Atleast Slipknot were locals! Mizzurah bends over backwards trying to be all inclusive! Hopefully we will see the same in 2021 for us iowegians that pull!

Re: Iowa state fair 2019??? August 14, 2019 09:17AM
We shall see what happent cant believe they would want to give up the space for parking somehow i bet they run out of money before it happens hadnt missed a pull in almost 40 years till they didnt have it anymore always had big crowds there not sure washed up concert acts pays the bills.

Re: Iowa state fair 2019??? August 15, 2019 01:56AM
tbj999
We shall see what happent cant believe they would want to give up the space for parking somehow i bet they run out of money before it happens hadnt missed a pull in almost 40 years till they didnt have it anymore always had big crowds there not sure washed up concert acts pays the bills.

No, they didn’t have the crowds at all. Twenty years ago, perhaps, but definitely not towards the end.

Also, you probably need to rewrite your definition of “washed-up” concert acts. The fair board makes ten times the money on their weakest concert night compared to an average year of the pull. As America becomes less and less focused on ag, their taste in entertainment changes. They’re simply changing with the times and giving the people what they want. Can’t blame them.

I’m just glad that there’s some sort of plan in place to bring motorsports back to the fairground at all.

Re: Iowa state fair 2019??? August 15, 2019 02:15AM
Really the crowds were weak towards the end you must have been going to a diffrent pull becuase they were pretty darn good weather dependent of course. so foreigner brings in 10 times more revenue as the pull did skeptical at best. If the concert deal is so lucertive why are they attempting to build a new track why not just build another concert stage and get ten times the revenue?

Re: Iowa state fair 2019??? August 15, 2019 03:57AM
tbj999
Really the crowds were weak towards the end you must have been going to a diffrent pull becuase they were pretty darn good weather dependent of course. so foreigner brings in 10 times more revenue as the pull did skeptical at best. If the concert deal is so lucertive why are they attempting to build a new track why not just build another concert stage and get ten times the revenue?
I found this on Iowa state fair grandstand events. The only thing I can see is that there is no correlation between an artist and making money. Some do big time and some they actually lose on. State Fair

Re: Iowa state fair 2019??? August 15, 2019 08:13AM
Looks like the pull has done pretty well for them over the years listed always made them a steady income dont see where anywhere a concert made 10 times the money of the pull.even kiss in 2016 made less then the pull and as far as crowds looks like you could count on about 5000 people at the pull which puts it with many of the concerts.

Re: Iowa state fair 2019??? August 15, 2019 12:28PM
I was told today by David Hoffman,president of the Iowa State Fair board, that pulling was coming back by 2021. He said a large donor to the fair put stipulations on the order of improvements. I told him at the beginning of our discussion to please just tell me the true story---good or bad. I'm going to take him at his word---till PROVEN otherwise.

Re: Iowa state fair 2019??? August 15, 2019 12:29PM
You can’t compare those old numbers since they redid the stage and added more seating, just read where they had over 12,000 for some freaky looking band named Slip Knot! They looked like a bunch of rejects out of a Horror Show!

Re: Iowa state fair 2019??? August 16, 2019 01:48AM
KCCI said they had over 17,000 for the Slipknot concert.. It was sold out, so that must be capacity with the new stage.

---

Re: Iowa state fair 2019??? August 20, 2019 02:11AM
IOWA STATE FAIR 1.17 million attendance. A record. Concerts in grandstand offered varied line up. Would love to go back to Des Moines and have a Grand National pull at Iowa State Fair. Reality is that fair probably making money a a variety of concerts. Still I've announced there in the past and would love to go back.

Re: Iowa state fair 2019??? August 21, 2019 03:28PM
Maybe if they had more pull offs at there shows. Haha

Re: Iowa state fair 2019??? August 23, 2019 07:27AM
Would love to see you back Doc at Iowa state fair remember you , Dave grimm and George Hendrickson all announcing together there back in the 80s those were the best days of pulling.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,571, Posts: 229,597, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,057, Posts: 225,853.

Our newest member BadHabit2