Nytpa Old Days January 14, 2019 10:43AM
I think it is great that NYTPA is going back to the 80’s on their classes. Just found out they have kinda brought back a super stock open class. They added another class within a class and gave them additional weight. But don’t fret it is still all counted as 1 class. Just 3 different weight on the alcohol tractors and 3 different weight on the diesels. Not sure if the Modify or two wheel drive trucks can jump in yet, but I don’t see why not. They could just have one continuous class of pulling would not have to change the boat. Love to see the rule book lay out for that class.
Does anyone know if ESP out this way will be doing the same?

Re: Nytpa Old Days January 14, 2019 01:53PM
What weight would a Farmall m could be? 400 cubes

Re: Nytpa Old Days January 14, 2019 10:22PM
Yes, and the new days will be filled with joy and sunshine, just like the old with you pulling from a keyboard

Re: Nytpa Old Days January 15, 2019 06:10AM
I thought they would have learned after last year's schedule...... Pretty clear what the Fair's thought about the 3 different options with the Super Stock class.

Re: Nytpa Old Days January 15, 2019 06:35AM
What are the details?

Re: Nytpa Old Days January 18, 2019 03:46AM
I will try my best but not sure if this is all right
Alcohol tractors under 410 cubic inches 8500 Alcohol tractors with cast heads over 410 but under 504 cubic inch 8000 lb Alcohol tractors Over 410 cubic inch under 504 with aluminum head on alcohol 7700 lb maximum cubic inch on alcohol is 504
Diesel with 30.5 tires 8500 lb
Pro stock tractor 24.5 tires 9000 lb super farm 9000
Limited pro stock tractors that has more horsepower than super farm with 24.5 tires 9500 lb
figure that one out
no cubic limit on multi turbo diesel tractor
not sure what classifies a limited pro and a super farm

Re: Nytpa Old Days January 18, 2019 07:30AM
Couldn't the limited pros pull with the super farms, or was that something else?

Re: Nytpa Old Days January 19, 2019 04:25AM
Might have a little something to do with them whining at the meeting and storming out ?

Re: Nytpa Old Days January 19, 2019 03:08PM
Any of you keyboard punchers here ever pulled much with NYTPA? If so, what tractor is yours? Only reason I ask is as a sled operator who frequents this clubs events, it is quite impressive how much the tracks are the great equalizer in those "combo classes". Where in certain parts of the country a light pro vs a super farm would be the light pros class to run away with hands down, that's not the case in eastern NY. Same in the SS class with diesels, alkys, & pros all together. I'm not endorsing the club or anyone in particular, just saying unless you've seen it for several seasons, don't knock it til you've tried it!

Re: Nytpa Old Days January 18, 2019 10:43PM
It's a one year deal. Get your facts strait. And if your a super, and are scared of the weight, fix and build your machine to compete at the level your mouth runs at

Re: Nytpa Old Days January 18, 2019 11:59PM
Limited pros are 8500 and super farms are 9300 pulling in the same class

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2019 12:00AM by DSKT560.

Re: Nytpa Old Days January 19, 2019 01:27AM
So whta I heard is that they are going to add a class for 2020 that is 640ci with a 4.1 turbo I think I dont know about the turbo size but I'm thinking its 4.1 and not whatever you can run. Next the super farm and lite pros run toghther but the sf they run a 3x3 and 640ci and the lite pros are 540 and whatever turbo they can run. They are going to let the ones that are 640ci with a 4.1run in the heavy super stock class in 2019 but in 2020 they will have there own class is what I heard.

Re: Nytpa Old Days January 19, 2019 01:47AM
Why would a diesel or alcohol Super be scared ?

Re: Nytpa Old Days January 19, 2019 06:32AM
Nytpa is a club where everyone is a winner!! Can’t compete with a tractor no problem, they’ll give you more weight. If u still can’t compete they will take some weight away from the bully who’s beating you. If that doesn’t work they will just make up a new class, and if that doesn’t work they will make sure the big mean bully gets test hook everytime they show up!!

Re: Nytpa Old Days January 19, 2019 06:53AM
swampy
It's a one year deal. Get your facts strait. And if your a super, and are scared of the weight, fix and build your machine to compete at the level your mouth runs at

Is this me I can't follow this..
Or maybe I can.
So why are people building something not for the class that they can't allegedly compete and asking for special exceptions so they can?.

Re: Nytpa Old Days January 19, 2019 07:07AM
Lets just Think about that. I know you have only sat threw a few meetings but there are several members that all they worry about is how much more money PPL is going to give us. Look at the big picture. We want them to re write the rule boom for a few people that want to build a tractor for a class tnat isnt even offered yet. Sounds like those 3-4 tractors are only worried about themselves. Oh yeah dont forget then a year later they want the rule book changed back. Sounds like PPL is going to be doing alot of work for couple tractors. ALSO sounds like the President let things get out of control

Re: Nytpa Old Days January 20, 2019 12:00AM
Please explain how the president let anything get out of control.

Re: Nytpa Old Days January 20, 2019 12:40AM
It’s real simple. He runs the meeting.

Re: Nytpa Old Days January 19, 2019 07:10AM
Sad part is a hard running Farmall M could beat place well in the points in the Super class!

Re: Nytpa Old Days January 19, 2019 01:58PM
Wow that must be a big motor in that and those tires must be huge on that lol no some of the tractors there run pretty good some have seen their better days

Re: Nytpa Old Days January 19, 2019 03:13PM
Dick or Jake, I'm not sure why my post shows up in the middle of the thread. I'm sure I goofed up lol. Thanks for the forum!

Re: Nytpa Old Days January 20, 2019 01:48AM
Logan, your posting in middle of this thread is correct in what you say.
Many places in pulling land have combination classes. Yes, sometimes the rules and / or weight need to be fine tuned to hopefully make the competition fair, but overall, they are a successful class.
If the announcer knows his/her stuff and can relate it to the crowd, the class is even more exciting to see how each class type vehicle fares and which class vehicle becomes the winner.
It is not just the tractor combination classes. Yes, combination truck classes, too. In my assessment, Rick Feicht of Full Puil Productions has been the leader in producing successful combination classes.

Re: Nytpa Old Days January 21, 2019 01:02AM
Don't forget the promoters still have the option of three super stock classes....alky, diesel, and super stock combined(one class both alky and diesel)?!?!?!?!?

Last year there were 18 events with Super Stocks....14 Super Stock combined events....3 events had Alky and Diesel seperate....and 1 offered just the Alcohol class.

SMH.....

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,614, Posts: 229,670, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,064, Posts: 225,890.

Our newest member JD_8520