What's it gonna take to get rid of hager g ville January 18, 2019 02:35PM
Every year they have so many smoke tube issues and sled issue. What's it gonna take to get a REAL sled in g ville!!

Re: What's it gonna take to get rid of hager g ville January 18, 2019 02:50PM
Who is your first suggestion for a "real sled"?

Re: What's it gonna take to get rid of hager g ville January 18, 2019 04:40PM
Someone who knows how to keep the box engaged and fill the fuel tank would be a good start.

Re: What's it gonna take to get rid of hager g ville February 02, 2019 12:58PM
One where the red lights don't come on during the pass bud

Re: What's it gonna take to get rid of hager g ville January 18, 2019 06:36PM
Klint Tucker is owner of Patriot Motorsports. That would equate to the owner firing himself so don't hold your breath.

Re: What's it gonna take to get rid of hager g ville January 18, 2019 07:43PM
With less tractors pulling there in last couple of years, pending bad weather for Saturday show, poor payback history for class winners, have to screw around an make the pull last longer to sell beer!!!

Re: What's it gonna take to get rid of hager g ville January 18, 2019 08:25PM
Over a $90,000 purse the last three years, they try to shorten the show each year and have the best track in that horse barn!!! My friend You are a ignorant idiot that hurts our hobby on a day to day basis!!!! Sign your name you gutless negative coward. What pull do you promote you anonymous no it all!!

Re: What's it gonna take to get rid of hager g ville January 18, 2019 11:08PM
I agree 100% with this guy, it is time for a new sled! and you ask, well who?? hmmm lets see here, hager is the only sled around huh? maybe all you college educated liberals from up north should come on down here to Lexington Kentucky or Murfreesboro tennesse to watch a pull. they have just as nice show, more organized, and better facility organization. granted their tracks aren't as good as gordy, but they do very well with what they have!! and if hager is so good, tell me why he has been fired from Murfreesboro pull and replaced by one of the best sleds out there in my opinion, Mr Bo simpson??? I agree hager needs to go. and yes, I did pull there Thursday afternoon and thur nite. thur nite was ridiculous. it took 3 1/2 hours too long for the evening session. so its ok to say that gordyville used to be one of the best indoor pulls ever, I will agree to that, but with time it has gone down hill.you cant find a nicer guy than klint and his crew, and hard workers too. but the sled operation is giving his pull a black eye.

Re: What's it gonna take to get rid of hager g ville January 19, 2019 02:36AM
"Gville Fan", what a hypocrite you are. Accuse a previous poster of not posting his/her name. Ummm, like as if you really did. Nimwit.

"heres a FACT!!!!" - Really, there are no college educated liberals in central KY & TN. I rather doubt that.

So since us college educated people in the north are suppose to be so brilliant, this conservative is ignorant as to what sled "Mr Bo simpson???" operates. Like as if the universe revolves around your podunk hole in the wall town.

"ain't happening" - Since when has Klint Tucker owned Dave Hagar's Patriot Motorsports operation? Dave has operated a sled for a very long time. The last I saw him operating the sled (2.5 years ago), I thought it was time for a younger person to replace him. Same for Luedtke.

Re: What's it gonna take to get rid of hager g ville January 19, 2019 04:14AM
Before you beat up Dave Hager, or any other sled operator for that matter, you need to get out of the small bubble that you live in and take a look at ALL indoor pulling. There's smoke tube issues at every indoor show. And what makes Klints pulls one of the best in the indoor season, is also one of his downfalls. They run so many tractors down the track in a 3 minute cycle time that the tube has no choice other than to start to heat up. Couple that with the constant dragging the hot tube back and forth and there's bound to be some issues. Klint and Co. are averaging about 70 hooks per session of 99% heat generating diesel tractors.So you have to ask yourself do I want a show that takes 6 to 8 minutes between hooks or a fast paced show that will have the occasional problem. With all the obstacles that indoor pulling presents there's bound to be issues.

However I do respect your right to an opinion and your integrity of posting your name. Thank You

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: What's it gonna take to get rid of hager g ville January 19, 2019 05:27AM
Buy yourself a 300000 sled and cut the rate and maybe you can do the show and with all your know how it will be a much better show that we can all bitch about

Re: What's it gonna take to get rid of hager g ville January 19, 2019 05:59AM
The fact that someone would get on here and anonymously complain about an issue that is out of Dave’s control is nothing short of laughable (in regards to the smoke tube). The Kentucky Invitational may have sped things up since the last time that I attended but I would wager a shiny penny that they still don’t come anywhere close to the hook times that Klint’s crew does. So, of course a smoke tube that travels down the track more times as well as more frequently would have more issues.

As for why Dave was “fired” from Murfreesboro, why don’t you share with us your wealth of knowledge? A "real" sled will not stop folks from looking at the event with a critical eye--even the "best in the business" had his actions scrutinized during the 2015 National Farm Machinery Show.

You just need to be thankful that we can even have indoor pulling at all. I know I am. Watching Gordyville at home and looking forward to filming the Southern Invitational in February.

Signed,
One of those “College Educated” types. Spinning

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: What's it gonna take to get rid of hager g ville January 19, 2019 12:15PM
These tractors do not put out nearly as much heat and volume as big Pro stocks and good Super Stock diesels. Look at Cloverdale, 320 foot track and no problems with those kind of tractors.

Re: What's it gonna take to get rid of hager g ville January 19, 2019 02:38PM
No comparison
These tractors do not put out nearly as much heat and volume as big Pro stocks and good Super Stock diesels. Look at Cloverdale, 320 foot track and no problems with those kind of tractors.

I don't think it's really a matter of heat as much as it is the accumulated friction.

Let's look at how many trips the sled made in Cloverdale:
34 hooks in session one, 55 hooks in session two, and 44 hooks in session three.
A total of 133 hooks in two days

Gordyville had exceeded that before the second session was over...
In two days--granted there was an extra session--Gordyville had 269 hooks (Saturday afternoon adds 58 to that total).

With more than double of the hooks that Cloverdale had, that should be enough additional hooks to counterbalance the fact that Gordyville has a shorter track.

(Edit: Can we all just accept the fact that a marginally slower show for tube/sled repairs is better than a smoke-filled arena and leave it at that? LOL)

John Murray

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2019 02:50PM by John Murray.

Re: What's it gonna take to get rid of hager g ville January 19, 2019 04:46PM
Let’s see the smoke machine broke and had to cancel a class the first night and then each class was reset at least twice which the sled operator had control over. I would say they had their share a problems.

Re: What's it gonna take to get rid of hager g ville January 19, 2019 04:56PM
Dick Morgan
Before you beat up Dave Hager, or any other sled operator for that matter, you need to get out of the small bubble that you live in and take a look at ALL indoor pulling. There's smoke tube issues at every indoor show. And what makes Klints pulls one of the best in the indoor season, is also one of his downfalls. They run so many tractors down the track in a 3 minute cycle time that the tube has no choice other than to start to heat up. Couple that with the constant dragging the hot tube back and forth and there's bound to be some issues. Klint and Co. are averaging about 70 hooks per session of 99% heat generating diesel tractors.So you have to ask yourself do I want a show that takes 6 to 8 minutes between hooks or a fast paced show that will have the occasional problem. With all the obstacles that indoor pulling presents there's bound to be issues.

However I do respect your right to an opinion and your integrity of posting your name. Thank You

I respect opinions also. And I also have an opinion and that is, to all those that complain, you need to start your own indoor pull and get a sled on your own!

Re: What's it gonna take to get rid of hager g ville January 19, 2019 07:47AM
Running the sled out of fuel was uncontrollable?? More like embarrassing. the year he had box engagement issue repeatedly he came out of the sled and said it was something he was doing not the sled, sounds pretty controllable. We used to go to gordyville every year and slowly but surely the show is going down hill. As for the smoke tube we go to the farm show also and they don't have near the amount of issues with the smoke tube on average compared to g ville. Same out in Nebraska way less issue with the smoke tube, and I'm not talking cause of the # of hooks I'm saying u could average out the number of hooks per smoke tube issue and its still less at the other two events we pull at.

I do agree Klint and his crew are top notch people. very efficient but the sled/tube every year really drag out the show. Just feel like its time to try someone new.

On another note for telling me to buy a sled and run it better, I used to run a sled, I never had issue but I also kept it well maintained and full of fluids!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2019 07:49AM by overdrawnbinder.

Re: What's it gonna take to get rid of hager g ville January 19, 2019 08:01AM
overdrawnbinder
Running the sled out of fuel was uncontrollable??

Go back and re-read what I put in my post. Here, I'll make it easy for you and I'll even bold the applicable part.

John Murray
an issue that is out of Dave’s control is nothing short of laughable (in regards to the smoke tube)

overdrawnbinder
As for the smoke tube we go to the farm show also and they don't have near the amount of issues with the smoke tube on average compared to g ville. Same out in Nebraska way less issue with the smoke tube, and I'm not talking cause of the # of hooks I'm saying u could average out the number of hooks per smoke tube issue and its still less at the other two events we pull at.

I wish someone was a little more adventurous than me and would actually check what the numbers were, as far as the ratio. I still believe it is an unfair comparison due to the sheer numbers and the variation of the sample sizes.

Like it has been said before:
Things break and people are human. While a puller may only go down a track once, the sled goes down the track all day/night. Issues are almost inevitably bound to happen.

(Edited for a formatting change)

John Murray

Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2019 08:02AM by John Murray.

Re: What's it gonna take to get rid of hager g ville January 19, 2019 08:13AM
You just showed how lost you are saying Louisville has no smoke tube issues. Maybe you've never been there. They have issues every night and they only run 30 diesels a night at the most.

Re: What's it gonna take to get rid of hager g ville January 19, 2019 09:10AM
Chris P Bacon
You just showed how lost you are saying Louisville has no smoke tube issues. Maybe you've never been there. They have issues every night and they only run 30 diesels a night at the most.

Did we read the same post? Because he didn't say that. And yes they have issues but not even anywhere close to every night.

Re: What's it gonna take to get rid of hager g ville January 19, 2019 09:28AM
Seems like less tractors then previous years. The show needs something different. I personally think it's time to look for a longer track.

Re: What's it gonna take to get rid of hager g ville January 19, 2019 01:55PM
Okay so with the sled lets start out with the fuel you cant help that it runs out of fuel it's a engine it needs fuel and it burns it alot it runs all day long and cant really help it. The tube yea I think they need a new one but not everyone has deep pockets and have a budget. If you think you can do better go ahead and try I bet you couldn't even do it most of you dont put your name on here and ik I'm one of them lol. Thank you

Re: What's it gonna take to get rid of hager g ville January 20, 2019 02:58AM
I would call bauers or bungarts two of the best sled company's around. And for what sled I used to run doesn't matter, its still used today wit the new owners and they put on great shows with it.

Re: What's it gonna take to get rid of hager g ville January 19, 2019 02:58PM
Pretty wise fella reminded me a few days ago that everyone has a right to be upset about a problem. But at the same time if the person who is complaining about the problem cannot come up with a solution to the problem, then the complainer is just another part of the problem....

overdrawnbinder, would you mind telling us what sled you used to run, and never had an issue???

Re: What's it gonna take to get rid of hager g ville January 20, 2019 02:01AM
Okay the sled that I would use would be iron man sleds bauer built they always have a back up in case something happens. Or decision maker they both have good sleds and usually never break down.

Re: What's it gonna take to get rid of hager g ville February 05, 2019 12:01AM
Bauer always has a back up because hes paid to bring a backup. Plus they have a backup at Gville. Most indoor pulls have backups. Eaton, Lexington, Harrisburg, Gville all have backup sleds.

Re: What's it gonna take to get rid of hager g ville January 20, 2019 03:05AM
I agree with Logan, overdrawn should back up his words with facts. What sled did he operate, did it ever have an issue?

Re: What's it gonna take to get rid of hager g ville January 20, 2019 09:41AM
I think we should all be happy we have a place to pull
Inside in the winter. If everyone keeps complaining
People like Klint will stop doing it then we will have nothing
I think the pull went very well except the weather. Shane

Re: What's it gonna take to get rid of hager g ville January 20, 2019 06:09PM
What a bunch of complainers you are , who has been decited the number 1 sled of the NTPA for years ? Whos sled was setting in his own driveway when a copy cat from Iowa went and measured it all up before he built his first sled ? Than another big operator bought 1 of those sleds and made a copy of it ? a tractor gets destroyed at Louisville and it barely gets mention even though that sled left for Iowa that night ! You bitch about Dave Hager every chance you get , he has dedicated his life to the sport of tractor pulling , hooked more tractors than any other 1 operator ever will , more smoke and heat goes through his smoke tube in one session of gordyville than any other pull with all classes combined ! No he couldn't cut rates below the diesel fuel price just to buy his way into the way NTPA , but he can be at the controls behind me any time , so if you want an honest fair hook that's what you will get , without an attitude ! So quit being a bunch of ball babbies , sit down shut up and hang on ! signed by an alc unlimited ss puller , if you can't go have fun and allow a person to make a living , please stay home because your sure not going to make a dollar.

Re: What's it gonna take to get rid of hager g ville January 21, 2019 12:23PM
The smoke machine is NOT Hagers!
Smoke machine is Klint's. With some initial financial help from (gasp!) Dennis (if you can't beat them, ban them) Goodwin.
And, Dave and Vaughn actually worked together a time, so to say Vaughn went to Dave's driveway and measured it up, is a bit of a play on the truth.
And in Brandon's defense, he has changed a few things around on "his" sleds, so they do a few thing slightly different than a totally Bauer Built sled.
All individuals in all 3 camps, are top drawer people! Actually of all sleds I get to work with and watch, I like all of them!

Re: What's it gonna take to get rid of hager g ville January 23, 2019 01:33PM
I have hooked all three sleds and hook the Bungart sleds all summer long. All are good sleds and I feel all of them try hard to get a puller a fair hook. Remember sleds are a mechanical piece of equipment and all can have their off day but looks to me like their track record is 9.99 on a scale of 10. I have known all of them to miss their mark but most of the time they are spot on.

Re: What's it gonna take to get rid of hager g ville January 20, 2019 11:56PM
I have went to gville and hooked every single year to daves sled and me and my boys and crew will again for another 15 years hopefully 100% support Mr Klint Tucker and crew , including Mr Dave Hager and crew !!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3 days of normal hard workin folks enjoying good competition in the middle of winter with normal priced food and beverage with no politics

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2019 02:02AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: What's it gonna take to get rid of hager g ville January 20, 2019 11:58PM
and congrats to all competetitors and spectators who attended ( even Jason Shultz )

Re: What's it gonna take to get rid of hager g ville January 21, 2019 12:01AM
that should have read congrats and thank you !!!!

Re: What's it gonna take to get rid of hager g ville January 21, 2019 12:04AM
and a special congrats to the young 16 year old Garret Fileatreu on back to back wins with the Massy in the 6000 LLSS , and another to Mr Ben Klott on his win in the 6500 LLSS !!!!!!!

Re: What's it gonna take to get rid of hager g ville January 21, 2019 02:15AM
Congratulations to Garrett Filiatrue on the back to back wins !!!!! Im actually surprised Hager could stop the 4 or 5 TOP RUNNING light limiteds !!!! Just saying!!!

Re: What's it gonna take to get rid of hager g ville January 21, 2019 06:00AM
cmon morgans ,,,,,,truth is truth

Re: What's it gonna take to get rid of hager g ville January 21, 2019 08:16AM
I think next year im gunna come up with a LLSS shoot out package like they do with the pros ,,, total footage of the event !!!

Re: What's it gonna take to get rid of hager g ville January 21, 2019 08:52AM
Pappajohn, I deleted your post because the language was offensive. Not because of the content. You certainly have the right to express your opinion, just do it within the guidelines of the page. Thank You

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Great job to everyone involved January 21, 2019 06:21AM
I think the sled did a great job he put the tractors right on the edge of the sand and sled was set about perfect for every class made for a great show. Thursday night there was some problems with the smoke tube it happens you got to expect that but it was a couple quick fixes and a roll of duct tape and then the show went on same with running out of fuel it happens weve all run something out of fuel. This was my 3rd time at Gordyville 09,12,19
13 plus hour drive and was worth every minute thank you to everyone involved for putting on such a great event it's appreciated
Cody Eisenhut

Re: Great job to everyone involved February 07, 2019 10:56PM
come on morgans abide by your own rules and get rid of this pile of garbage

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,561, Posts: 229,569, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,055, Posts: 225,833.

Our newest member BadHabit2