Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? February 01, 2019 04:35AM
I’m looking for some places to hook a tractor. Where in central Ohio and around do they still hook Hot Farm or Too Hot To Farm or even the so called Farm stock?? I’m seeing a lot of places going to the 3000 rpm limit.
Thanks.

Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? February 01, 2019 12:34PM
Glenford pulls have both 3000 rpm and to hot to farm this year.

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? February 03, 2019 06:33AM
Just wondering how many pullers are planning on pulling with the too hot to farm and 3000 rpm group at Glenford and Southeast Ohio?
Can't wait to see if any new competition shows up.

Hot Farm in Ohio?? February 03, 2019 08:00AM
Well I can't run the 3000 rpm calls. Two hot to farm is out cause I'm setup on 20.8's. So back to my original question then.... Any places in Ohio that hook a Hot Farm Class?? I know the Mt. Pleasant Shootout and the Fairfield county Fair pull would be Hot farm Hooks. Any where else??

Re: Hot Farm in Ohio?? February 03, 2019 12:05PM
Zanesville pull is just like Shootout and Lancaster pull

Re: Hot Farm in Ohio?? February 07, 2019 11:06AM
It would be nice to see a nice size class of 2 hot 2 farms. How far North and east of Mansfield will they be pulling?

Re: Hot Farm in Ohio?? March 14, 2019 04:55AM
We have a Super Field class in northwest ohio. We have somewhere around 22 hooks already scheduled to pull at. Its 8700 Lb box stock 3lm 3250 478cu in
18.4 38 full cut Look us up on Facebook Tri-State Super Field

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? February 03, 2019 09:41AM
Where did they get there rules for the to hot to farm

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? February 04, 2019 01:50PM
Not sure where rules were derived from however here are the rules as drafted. Any questions contact T.J. his number is at bottom of attached rules page.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2019 01:52PM by RW IH 1568.

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? February 07, 2019 11:36AM
I would be interested in the 3000 class but with only 3 pulls it’s hard to justify the cost and work on a tractor
Same as I said above on the 10 mph class a lot to do for not much pulling
And it is Ohio so it will likely rain out one the pulls

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? February 07, 2019 11:41AM
This is 9500 hot farm with an ignorant turbo rule.

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? February 07, 2019 11:46AM
These rules must of been made up to please a few pullers, is there some where else that pulls these rules too
Full pull has a too hot to farm and they are nothing like these.

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? February 07, 2019 11:59AM
Greetings Bbailey. Actually there are several classes around central Ohio. Here is a list of the ones I can think of.
3 Glenford 12500, and 14500
Zanesville
Morgan county 12500, 14500
Perry county 12500, 14500
Logan, Hocking county
2 Fairfield county fairgrounds
Bellville they run 3 or 4 classes
Loudenville street fair
I may be missing some however there are 11 places with some of them having multiple classes to be able to run.
I hope you choose to come and pull with us. We welcome you.
rw

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? February 07, 2019 12:04PM
I’m From upstate Ny and I plan on coming to Ohio for a pull this year. Currently running in our farm stock class 3000rpm 3lm turbo

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? February 07, 2019 12:11PM
Do the rules cross over. I used to pull at all those places in the lighter open classes but that’s a thing of the past
Thanks for the info

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? February 07, 2019 12:28PM
Not sure what you mean by rules crossing over? However many of the guys run all of these pulls with no problems. We all just kind of go wherever we can to pull and have a good time. Seems like Glenford rules tractors seem to be welcomed wherever we go. Dont know of any issues anywhere. Hope you can come to some or all of the pulls you can. As for JD4250, if you come to Glenford all the way from NY, I will personally pay your hook fee. Hope to see you fella's there.
rw

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? February 08, 2019 12:38AM
This Too hot to farm class sounds hotter than a regular Hot farm class most places. Open rpm and p-pump. Wow. How many HP is gained by an intercooler ? Your class and New York hot farm doesn't allow them but other do.

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? February 08, 2019 12:52AM
Glenford And American farm pullers, lots of 3000 rpm classes around. Not sure what they run at bunker hill anymore, they were trying to run a classic pro farm class of some sort

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? February 08, 2019 01:45AM
Loudonville, Ohio Street Fair tractor pull is Oct 4 this year. Right now we run what we call Modified Farm Stock at 7700; 10500 and 12000 lbs. We also run a 8 MPH farm stock at 13000 lbs.

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? February 08, 2019 05:36AM
A few years ago the hot farm was on the wild side, guys were running 3.9 and 4.1 turbo, with big p-pump and A-pumps.

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? February 11, 2019 02:15PM
Maybe back then. But I doubt anyone running in these classes today are running anywhere near that big of charger. Especially in 3k and under classes.

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? February 12, 2019 05:08AM
Well I can tell you one thing... There will be a new BBJD in the 3,000 rpm class. Currently being worked on.... it will be BIG cubes in the neighborhood of 820ci. Seen it... can’t wait to see this beast out. Oh you would be surprised what the hot farms are actually running.

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? February 12, 2019 06:29AM
That 820 cubed tractor should be out before you even let pull

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? February 12, 2019 07:57AM
Let them run the big motor there needs to be more run what you brung
At the end of the day we all have the same fun for a few seconds going down the track win or lose and that’s what is supposed to be all about yeah we all would like to win but if I drive it on the trailer I’m happy I just get tired of trying to find a place to pull the rules are always changing for the worst to where a guy can’t afford to do it
Don’t charge to get in the gate don’t charge an entry fee and don’t pay back and the average guy will still show up to have fun and the guys with the high dollar equipment will probably go to a paying event but if he wants to make a pass right along side of me that’s great at least I can say I pulled against who ever that might be that night
Time to get back to having fun

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? February 12, 2019 02:21PM
There may already be two of them in the class at Glenford?

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? February 12, 2019 05:56PM
What do you mean there already may be to 2? There ARE some really big deere tractors in the Glenford group. They can't be touched. Talk about running deeres! I seen them pull. Ain't no body can touch em. One of them dominated at Fairfield county fair pull. Just saying I don't think anyone can come close to them big cube Deeres!

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? February 13, 2019 02:56PM
Just curious how does that black 1066 stack up against the big deeres?

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? February 14, 2019 08:03AM
I heard the 1066 got beat at Fairfield.

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? February 14, 2019 11:04AM
Don't know why u would want to pull with them with no limits only rpm and 20.8s should run small turbos

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? February 14, 2019 08:28AM
If it was gold instead of green it be different story

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? February 12, 2019 08:03AM
Only one maybe two

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? February 08, 2019 10:28AM
Loudonville, Ohio Street Fair tractor pull is Oct 4 this year. Right now we run what we call Modified Farm Stock at 7700; 10500 and 12000 lbs. We also run a 8 MPH farm stock at 13000 lbs.

That is good news, I hope to bring our Oliver 1950T to Loudonville this year for the 7700 # Modified Farm Stock.

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? February 10, 2019 10:17AM
Just an update on my previous post. I wanted to reach out to JD4250, To let you know I appreciate your Interest in pulling with us here in Ohio, my offer still stands to you to pay you hook fee if you choose to come to one of our events. However I just wanted to let you know to not be deceived by the 3000 rpm rule, as these tractors run very well. I didn't see where you were running a 3lm turbo until after I posted. This being said, I don't know if your 3lm has had major work done on it or if it is in stock form? Who knows, maybe your tractor will compete very well against ours? I do not know what all you have done to your ride. I just didn't want you to drive all that way and find out that the tractors here were maybe pulling at a different level than you expected. Again, we welcome any and all to come and pull with us any time. I just felt I needed to let you know what to expect. Thanks and look forward to seeing and meeting all of our competitors, new and the usual guys we pull with. Best regards, rw

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? June 15, 2019 02:09PM
Just wondering if Glenford got canceled due to rain. How did the 2h2farm class turn out?

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? February 13, 2019 04:51PM
Ive been to several of the pulls this past year and yes there is some good running tractors and there is a tractor that comes close all those big cube Deere's, See em pull is talking about it's an Ih 1066 so yes is a class full of JDs but the IH is always in top 4 most of the time is 1st or 2nd

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? March 14, 2019 02:05AM
Wondering how a 4020 would compete in this 9500 to hot to farm class? Or would I be wasting my time to pull with this group? Just curious what level of tractors pull in this class? Also how many hooks do they have each season? Thanks for your help.

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? March 15, 2019 11:40AM
I've been spending some time watching all the hot farm and too hot to farm classes across the country on Youtube. With all the variance in rules it comes down to that as being the deciding factor if you can compete or not. We have a hot farm with a cooler so we went to a pull which had a hot farm class which was made up of a lot of pro farms and open type tractors with big block Deere's in it. This pull also had a too hot to farm class which was governed at 3000 rpms and 12 mph no coolers. We finished 13 out of 15 in the hot farm class. I'm not sure we would have done any better in the too hot to farm class as they were very hot but was really more in line with our tractor. I've watched video of the New York Hot farm class with no coolers and I think they would be more in line with the too hot to farm class in Pa. My summary is this: if you play by the rules you need a min. 800+ hp. to be competitive in the hot farm class. You need 500 to 800 to compete in the too hot to farm class. My pulling experience is mostly in Pa.. Oh yea being number 1 cost a lot of money in any class. Good luck to all everywhere.

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? March 15, 2019 10:43PM
How much has been done to your 4020? It’s probably going to take a pretty good runner to win the to hot to farm, Glenford has a 8 mph 12500 farmstock class listed for this year

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? March 17, 2019 08:00AM
I second what 4010 says. Glenford does have other classes. Not sure personally how well the 2 hot 2 farm guys run. TJ should be able to shed some light on this . Glenford is just around the corner. June 8th first pull! Hope yall can make it.
Best regards rw

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? March 19, 2019 04:59AM
466 2.6 turbo water injection, 20.8 tires. A pump. 4x16 injectors.
That's about it for now.

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? March 19, 2019 01:03PM
To run the 2hot2 farm you will have to run 18.4-38 tires, other classes are heavy 8 mph farmstock and then the 3000 rpm open farm,

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? March 19, 2019 02:17PM
Maybe that 3000 rpm farm class would be better then? Are 20.8 tires allowed in that one?

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? March 21, 2019 11:49AM
From what I read above. You probably don't want any of the 3000 rpm class! Sounds like they are a handfull.

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? March 23, 2019 01:37PM
I think you want to drop down to 18.4-38 and run the speed limit classes, you won’t be happy with the results of the 20.8-38 uncut tire 3000 rpm class, they are running well over 20 mph, just because it says farmstock doesn’t mean that’s what the class is

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? March 24, 2019 03:19AM
Wow!! I had no idea that the 3000 farm tractors could run that fast. I'll have to try and go to some of these pulls this summer to watch. How many different brands of tractors pull in this class? Hope to see some AC orange.

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? March 24, 2019 03:35AM
Most people don’t realize those 3000 RPM hop Farm tractors are 900 horse power and up

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? March 24, 2019 04:16AM
Ya - love the "FARM STOCK ' THAT HAVE 1200 hp,25 mph and smoke 60 ft.hy. many with no rpm limit or speed limit,-farm stock is just a phrase.

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? March 24, 2019 11:52AM
Sounds like I have no business trying to pull against all that! I just stick to local stock pulls and dead weight pulls. It's hard to believe a 3000 rpm tractor can run like that!

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? March 24, 2019 01:34PM
Well, when you have a 3000 rpm tractors over 800 ci., you're going to make some big horsepower.

Georgee… I totally agree with what you said. "Farm Stock' is just a phrase...lol

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? March 24, 2019 03:56PM
800 inches? How can anyone run with such a large engine? I do not understand how a class like this could ever survive? How can you even get close to this with any color other than green? I guess it just be a John Deere show just like the pro stocks? No way I see to compete with something this big. Also how long will this big motor live? Makes no sense to me why a class would even allow cubic inches that big. Maybe 620 or even 640 to accommodate the 619 deere motors but 800? Makes no sense why anyone would even show up to pull against that.

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? March 24, 2019 04:14PM
Antiquies have been that big and larger for a long time,wc and ds with 450 - 500,minni mos 1100 = 1400,Ih ms up to 660ci,men don;t want to be boys

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? March 25, 2019 11:29AM
Not trying to stire the pot here but I’m assuming that the 800+ cubic inch tractors that run at Glenford are the two big block Deere’s in the class?!? Well I’m not sure about the one in the class but I can assure you that one of them is way less than 800 cubic inches.

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? March 25, 2019 01:17PM
I agree with Chris. We compete with this group and I truly have no idea what anyone else is running under their hoods, to be honest I really don't care what anyone else has under their hoods. All that matters to me is what is under our own hoods, and what works for us. All I know is we have a good group of guys we compete with. It is because of the great competition we have here that has driven us to become better ourselves. If we get that "Over 800 ci.Deere" to compete in our group, then I am glad we are getting a new competitor. Maybe he come in there and blow us all off the track? Who knows? If he does win the pull I'll be right there to congratulate him. I've been beat many times throughout my 45 years of pulling. I'm sure we will be beat many times more. Anyway, I look forward to seeing this new machine that everyone is talking about , go down the track! Looking to enjoy the pulls with family and friends. Best wishes to all competitors, we look forward to competing with you all.
Best regards, rw

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? March 27, 2019 03:37AM
We are planning on having this Too hot to farm tractors at the Washington County fair in Marietta, Ohio. August 31st. Will be following the rules posted above. Hoping as many of you guys here can make it to the event.

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? March 27, 2019 06:27AM
Any chance you will have the 2hot2farm class at Muskingum, Morgan or maybe even at Perry or Fairfield?

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? March 28, 2019 05:59AM
If I could answer that I would. I am only helping with the Washington County fair pull.

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? April 01, 2019 01:08PM
I take it that you do not have a cubic inch limit? If so does anyone know how many cubic inches you can safely get out of a 426 Allis Chalmers? Or would it be better to go with the 60 series Detroit? Thanks

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? April 28, 2019 04:55PM
Just wondering if you guys have any Oliver's pulling with your groups? If so what classes does it run?
Thanks

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? April 30, 2019 07:13AM
I think I remember seeing a Oliver pull at Glenford last year.

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? April 30, 2019 02:07PM
We can answer that for you , we have a very reliable setup for sale just no tome for it anymore ! Pm me and we’ll talk if you want

Re: Glenford , Hot Farm and Too Hot To Farm in Ohio? June 15, 2019 02:16PM
Glenford didn't cancel. They pulled last Saturday. Not sure of 2h2farm class turnout. We were in the field didn't get to go. Glad we stayed at it with all the rain coming this week.

Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,563, Posts: 229,576, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,055, Posts: 225,838.

Our newest member BadHabit2