Thoughts on Louisville 2019 not the usual February 16, 2019 06:03PM
I’ve been going to Louisville as a spectator since 1979 and I can’t remember a year that had the kind of emotion and unusual turns as this year. First of course the tragic and unbelievable loss of John Mumma. My son and I were setting in Broadbent when his truck was pulled in followed behind by a mass of people. Not knowing what had happened I jokingly said it looked like a funeral procession. A few minutes later we found out what had happened and I was so overcome by what was going on and how the pulling community pulls together when something like this happens.God rest John and bless and strengthen his family and friends. For me The rest of the event was just full of unusual and great performances. A New Holland winning one of the super farm prelims and making a respectable showing in the finals congrats Spank’s Toy. Brice Terry’s 2nd, Bobby Jones 4th, Larry Phillips first Louisville win in light super great performances by those teams. The trouble had by Team Cizek and several of the other powerhouse teams wow that just never happens. Mike Beck making a great pass to win diesel super after some difficulty.Silver Bullet ends a long dry streak. And in pro stock great performances by the Yoder team with limited experience and first time indoors with the G 1355 Shipley power looked pretty impressive! Barely Getting By had a good showing with young Jack at the wheel, and of course the Ole Master, Don Masterson showing how its done at I think age 79. The send off for Butch Krieger or shall I say Col. Butch Krieger was wonderful. The presentations to him and the kind words are so deserving, it was hard to keep dry eyes. I’m sure there were others I’m forgetting, but my point is that Louisville 2019 was anything but usual and overall one of the best I’ve experienced.

Re: Thoughts on Louisville 2019 not the usual February 16, 2019 06:52PM
Also the Blue Bazes team making great runs looking good again!

Re: Thoughts on Louisville 2019 not the usual February 16, 2019 07:20PM
I agree and the smoothest it has went in a long time

Re: Thoughts on Louisville 2019 not the usual February 18, 2019 08:55AM
Finally a post talking about how much fun was had at a pull.

Re: Thoughts on Louisville 2019 not the usual February 18, 2019 09:33AM
Any pull is more fun than goping to a dentist. Just saying.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,571, Posts: 229,596, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,057, Posts: 225,852.

Our newest member BadHabit2