engine oil April 03, 2019 07:42AM
does anyone use amsoil in a pulling motor wondering if it was a good oil

Re: engine oil April 03, 2019 12:43PM
Yep! Dominator SAE 60 race. (Sbjd, 585cu, open rpm)

Re: engine oil April 03, 2019 01:27PM
Highway robbery!

Re: engine oil April 04, 2019 08:39AM
Lucas 20w 50 racing oil. 0 issues

Re: engine oil April 04, 2019 01:22PM
never priced amsoil but am currently using brad penn just wondering what others are using

Re: engine oil April 05, 2019 12:18AM
We just checked our bearings and they looked like new with Brad Penn. I would hate to take a chance on another brand. How do your engine bearings look ? I'm sure other oils are good too.

Re: engine oil April 05, 2019 12:29AM
bearings look good just hard to get bradpenn around here have a amsoil dealer in town

Re: engine oil April 05, 2019 01:42AM
BRAD PENN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: engine oil April 05, 2019 03:04AM
i use brad penn,the name is currently penn grade.different bottles also

Re: engine oil April 05, 2019 03:44AM
Yep on name and I get mine at our local NAPA, so your area NAPA might get it for you.

Re: engine oil April 05, 2019 02:57PM
Ivan Carrol once told me he ran in the Leeve Leeper Whatever oil he was using on the farm 15w40 shell Napa or whatever the tractor is one of the oldest SS tractors still running .iF your having bearing problems different brands of oil wont fix it lots of people have good luck with Kendal one of the cheapest oils

Re: engine oil April 09, 2019 03:28PM
How many of you use 15w-40?

Re: engine oil April 05, 2019 03:30PM
Give me a call at (913) 433-4826. I will be happy to discuss our experience with AMSOIL in Hurricane Allis.

Re: engine oil April 16, 2019 12:18AM
would the dominator oil made by amsoil be good for a LLSS diesel engine it says made for pulling applications on it

Re: engine oil April 16, 2019 01:42AM
I’d use Cenpeco if I were you.

Re: engine oil April 16, 2019 02:07AM
not to be snobbish but why is it not as good as other oils since its synthetic

Re: engine oil April 16, 2019 02:12AM
just wantsome decent answer or reasons why amsoil isnt a good oil for a pulling tractor

Re: engine oil April 16, 2019 02:31AM
Amsoil will work just fine. I have never used Amsoil as a disclaimer.

To truly understand oil you will need to know how the brand oil is formulated, tested, and be able to look at TD sheets.

All the oil mentioned will work just fine if your machine work is done right. Go to the manufacture's website, click on the TD sheet for the oil you are looking for and compare to any other oil you would like.

Some won't be as complete as other or test as extensively as others. The more testing, the better results in those tests, and the right formulation for to meet your requirements is the only way to know if an oil is good enough for you.

Price vs quality - this will be determined on the formulations, where did the brand cut corners if price was their goal.

Marketing vs formulation. Company dollars spend on marketing are dollars not put into the product if quality is what you are after.

Marketing works that's how people become loyal to to a brand, and may not know a thing about the product they use.

With a better quality oil what you get is insurance that the oil will not change (thin out ) when the extra heat from a run is put to it. The oil should be just as effective at start up as when it is driving off the track. Amount of oil in your pan is just as important to battle heat. TD sheets can tell you the answer to how an oil reacts when heat is put to it.

Re: engine oil April 16, 2019 03:34AM
Been using cen-pe-co for years in my LLSS . 15-40 with Lucas oil additive and change every 4 to 5 runs. Very good luck with it .

Re: engine oil April 16, 2019 05:08AM
I question an additive that’s basically only a viscosity improver or any other for that matter. Why not use a higher viscosity oil to start with? 20w-50? Remember an oil is a fully formulated product with data sheets to back up statements. This being said an oil has two types of ingredients, base oil and additives. When formulated, additives are added in a certain order at a certain temperature. By adding after market additives to a fully formulated product you are diluting and/or changing the make up or composition of the oil. Just my $.02 worth.

Re: engine oil April 16, 2019 06:33AM
We have used Kendall, Cenpeco, Schaefers all in 50 or 20-50 racing oils.
No bearing trouble with any of them. I believe that they are all 3 good products.

Need Info Re: engine oil April 16, 2019 09:57AM
Need Info. The AMSOIL Dominator would work great in your application. We use the RD60 straight 60 weight in Hurricane Allis but I have other pro stock customers that use the Dominator RD50 15W-50 and love it as well. I have attached the data sheet for the Dominator Racing Oils for your reference. Feel free to contact me with any questions at 913-433-4826.

Thanks, Todd
Attachments:
open | download - RD Dominator Racing Oil g2990.pdf (222.7 KB)

Re: Need Info Re: engine oil April 16, 2019 11:44AM
I'm not going to bash any oil or say any oil is a miracle worker. How many of us send an oil sample out to see our contaminates or viscosity drop. I personally don't. I run Kendall and change my oil every 4 passes. Am I wasting good oil??? I don't know I have no test data to tell me. I could be running it too long. There's no 2 motors in tractor pulling the same. We all have different tolerances. I seem to get a little more water in my base from my port water injecting. I am dry block so I know that's what it is. I just feel that to ask the question is this a good oil is a very loaded question with no knowledge of what you're motor is really doing to the oil. That's just my opinion on it.

Re: engine oil April 19, 2019 02:48PM
Have ran Amsoil several years 15-50 currently. Have sent in samples etc. no trouble, no worries.

Re: engine oil May 03, 2019 05:28AM
Used to run valvoline 20 50 never had any problem

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,561, Posts: 229,569, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,055, Posts: 225,833.

Our newest member BadHabit2