Question about NTPA Open SS rule change April 16, 2019 06:18AM
Which person(s) proposed the recent rule change? This isn't asked because of being for or against the new rule, I'm just curious who proposed it and what the process was. Was this like the SSD Restrictor plate rule a couple years ago (later rescinded) that was not specifically proposed when the original rule proposals were published? I don't see the actual proposals on the website.

The Tech page has this in red letters:

Notice: The joint executive boards of WPI / NTPA has deleted rule letter h. of number 16 on page 48 of the 2019 NTPA rulebook in order to clarify the FWD V-8 engine in the Super Stock tractor division.

Re: Question about NTPA Open SS rule change April 17, 2019 04:39AM
Does the fine print mean the 903 is still illegal?

Re: Question about NTPA Open SS rule change April 17, 2019 05:52AM
Must be an ag block from a 2wd tractor. Thats why silver bullet is legal etc.

Re: Question about NTPA Open SS rule change April 17, 2019 05:57AM
Thought I remember someone saying that several 6 cylinder pullers said they would commit to running GN if the 903 was outlawed, but good question, not sure if anyone ever formally proposed the rule change? Also doesn't appear it helped the class. I just don't see how you can outlaw pullers that have been running in the class with the same setup for years! Whether the rule was right or wrong, it was the rule.

Re: Question about NTPA Open SS rule change April 17, 2019 07:06AM
LSS Fan
Thought I remember someone saying that several 6 cylinder pullers said they would commit to running GN if the 903 was outlawed, but good question, not sure if anyone ever formally proposed the rule change? Also doesn't appear it helped the class. I just don't see how you can outlaw pullers that have been running in the class with the same setup for years! Whether the rule was right or wrong, it was the rule.

In theory, if a rule was passed (or dictated if there is no board, and I mean this in general, not specific to NTPA), then anyone that was legal before is now illegal.

Whenever Indy Car, NHRA, NASCAR, etc makes a rule change, any vehicle not in compliance is not legal, whether they previously were or not.

For example, and correct me if this is wrong, but after Jack Kielmeyer left his semi engine on the track at BG, didn't NTPA make cab-overs illegal the following season? If correct, cab-overs like Tom Lindsay would be currently illegal in NTPA. If this isn't correct, please advise.

Re: Question about NTPA Open SS rule change April 17, 2019 07:30AM
Looks like a great business decision. Lose 5 of the best tractors in the country that were plastered all over half of their advertising for the past decade.

Re: Question about NTPA Open SS rule change April 17, 2019 07:50AM
Many Pullers with Competitive Rigs that may run all or most event but do not Pre Commit, don't count the class out yet!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,571, Posts: 229,597, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,057, Posts: 225,853.

Our newest member BadHabit2